PDA

View Full Version : am I TOTALY screwed?

Arross
Apr 3, 2005, 07:34 AM
i have a huge problem: my only gc memory card (64mb) which obviously has pso on it, fell apart. it's happened before, but i just put it back together and taped it up and it worked fine, but now i accedently left it in my pocket while playing outside (big mistake) and it must have gotten juggled around or something cuz now the gamecube wont even read it at all. i was just wondering if there was anything i could do to get it to work because im pretty sure the files are still there, and that i just cant get to em. please, anything?

dragoon-girl
Apr 3, 2005, 01:06 PM
Try opening it up and fixing it again.. if not.. I think you're screwed http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Daikarin
Apr 3, 2005, 03:05 PM
DAMN, man.

I had a memory card which didn't break but still doesn't work.

It's not as simple as repairing it with tape. I believe the whole inside had to be properly fixed. And on these cases, fixing is a lot more expensive than buying a new one...

HUcastShinobi
Apr 3, 2005, 04:02 PM
ouch, that just plain blows. good thing i keep my 251 in my cube at all times, unless i need to put it in my PSO case to bring to someone elses http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Arross
Apr 4, 2005, 03:51 PM
the first time it just fell out and i put it right back in, there was nothing wrong with the chip, the casing just split open, and ya i looked around and found that even if i do get it to work most of the files will be corrupted, and i dont want a new one cuz id have to start over completely. most of the games wouldnt be a problem, but pso will be hard cuz i have probably the shortest attention span out of anyone i know, and i know a lot of people, and it took me forever to get my chars where they were cuz i always get bored. if only pso was a faster paced game.

Arross
Apr 4, 2005, 03:52 PM
thanks for the sympathy guys.

Bu5ta
Apr 4, 2005, 08:50 PM
Do you have any other memory cards? You might be able to swap the casings so that your PSO data is in a new case....

Kano-Okami
Nov 14, 2005, 08:16 AM
Well atleast your gamecube still works.
My parents always "confiscate" my gamecube on a regular bases for trivial things like an unmade bed or a an unwashed cup...
and because of all the ware and tear of them taking my gamecube and slinging it into boxes and closets at random, my parents have successfully ruined its cd reading capabilities...

Not to mention the fact that my memory cards are MIA, ever since they did take my gamecube..I thought it was still in the Cube!...oh well...guess I'll have to spend another $80 due to my parents ignorance of electronics.. *sigh*

Feelmirath
Nov 14, 2005, 12:27 PM
On 2005-11-14 05:16, Kano-Okami wrote:
Well atleast your gamecube still works.
My parents always "confiscate" my gamecube on a regular bases for trivial things like an unmade bed or a an unwashed cup...
and because of all the ware and tear of them taking my gamecube and slinging it into boxes and closets at random, my parents have successfully ruined its cd reading capabilities...

Not to mention the fact that my memory cards are MIA, ever since they did take my gamecube..I thought it was still in the Cube!...oh well...guess I'll have to spend another $80 due to my parents ignorance of electronics.. *sigh*

If I were you, i wouldn't post in topics as old as this.
Keep the forum tidy http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Dhylec
Nov 14, 2005, 12:48 PM
Kano, you view & take note of old topic as much as you like, please do not bump older topics. Usually, after a month, they are old & not very up-to-date. They disrupt the usual flow of threads. Please do not do this again.