PDA

View Full Version : PS2 rant

SJ
Apr 3, 2005, 10:56 AM
I really HATE PS2.
I mean, PS3, that may be good, but PS2, no that's shit.
Honestly, what the fuck is the point in giving PS2 alot of good, exclusive games, when xbox, and gamecube, are generally better?
What does PS2 have, that GC and xbox don't?
PS2, I hate you.
SJ
(this rant was created after hearing about PSU, then SCIII)

Cynric
Apr 3, 2005, 11:56 AM
PS2 has more games, therefore more people buy it, therefore putting a game on it will potentially see the most profit.

Blue-Hawk
Apr 3, 2005, 12:12 PM
On 2005-04-03 08:56, SJ wrote:

Fanboy's. Remember. The PS2's fanboy's also had a hand in the demise of the best console out there- the Dreamcast.

PJ
Apr 3, 2005, 12:32 PM
On 2005-04-03 10:12, Blue-Hawk wrote:
Fanboy's. Remember. The PS2's fanboy's also had a hand in the demise of the best console out there- the Dreamcast.

That's ANOTHER fanboy opinion.

Seriously >_>

Cynric
Apr 3, 2005, 12:41 PM

No, that was Sony itself. When PS2 was advertised, their slogan was one step away from "Don't buy a Dreamcast, PS2 will be better!" Plus the lack of more than ten good games on the Dreamcast swayed many peole.

SpikeOtacon
Apr 3, 2005, 01:38 PM
On 2005-04-03 10:41, Cynric wrote:

No, that was Sony itself. When PS2 was advertised, their slogan was one step away from "Don't buy a Dreamcast, PS2 will be better!" Plus the lack of more than ten good games on the Dreamcast swayed many peole.

I don't know what 10 good games those are; I have around 40-50 quality titles for Dreamcast.

Yes, Dreamcast was better IMO. I've never been a fan of the ps2 and how annoyed I was to discover that PSU would be exclusive to it. Maybe enough upset fanmail would do something. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SpikeOtacon on 2005-04-03 11:39 ]</font>

Cynric
Apr 3, 2005, 02:14 PM
On 2005-04-03 11:38, SpikeOtacon wrote:

I don't know what 10 good games those are; I have around 40-50 quality titles for Dreamcast.

I guess my tastes are just narrower than most.

KodiaX987
Apr 3, 2005, 02:25 PM
On 2005-04-03 10:32, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:

Seriously >_>

I'd like to see you say that in September 1999.

The Sega boards were flooded with PS2 fanboys. It was a complete genocide.

AYY-BEE-CEE
Apr 3, 2005, 03:05 PM
I really HATE PS2.
I mean, PS3, that may be good, but PS2, no that's shit.
Honestly, what the fuck is the point in giving PS2 alot of good, exclusive games, when xbox, and gamecube, are generally better?
PS2, I hate you.
SJ
(this rant was created after hearing about PSU, then SCIII)

Do you own one? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shiva91
Apr 3, 2005, 03:34 PM
To tell the truth I'm not a big fan of Ps2 myself, It could use 4 controller slots, then I would like it more

HUcastShinobi
Apr 3, 2005, 03:52 PM

*Tears* I NEVER GOT A DREAMCAST, MY BRO WANTED A PSX/PS2 ALL THOSE YEARS! Then GC came... (laughs evily)

Evil_Althena8
Apr 3, 2005, 04:34 PM
I hate threads like these. Every console has it's games worth getting. PS2 holds the bulk of games for me. But...meh

anwserman
Apr 3, 2005, 05:16 PM
On 2005-04-03 12:25, KodiaX987 wrote:

Seriously >_>

What makes that even worse was that those fanboys were all essentially orgasming over a rippling pond with fish in it. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

HUcastShinobi
Apr 3, 2005, 06:51 PM
On 2005-04-03 15:16, anwserman wrote:

Seriously >_>

What makes that even worse was that those fanboys were all essentially orgasming over a rippling pond with fish in it. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Poor Poor Echo... *starts crying for the dolphin*

Dek
Apr 3, 2005, 08:33 PM

Seriously >_>

The sega boards are still flooded with them...

I haven't seen anything great about a PS2 for the entire time it exists. Giant library? Great! Now if only there were some good quality games. DVD player? Fun! Too bad it's a waste of money if you already have one though. And I won't even go into all of the technical problems I have read and seen.

My two cents.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arthas_Zero on 2005-04-03 18:37 ]</font>

War_Child
Apr 3, 2005, 09:44 PM
Things the PS2 has that other consoles don't:

Devil May Cry 1, 3
Gran Turismo 4
Sega Classics Collection
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
Phantom Brave
Contra: Shattered Soldier
Katamari Damacy
The entire PSX library of games

Things the PS2 has but Xbox doesn't:
A decent controller
Online play for dialup and broadband
DVD playback right out of the box, no extra shit needed
No need to buy a retarded box to use digital sound

Things the PS2 has that the Gamecube doesn't:
Online play for more than one game
DVD playback
Easily available component cables and ready digital-out, whereas newer cubes only have analogue out
A release list that sees more than one game being launched a month

The PS2 is a sexy system. The older models suck, but the newer ones rock http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Mixfortune
Apr 3, 2005, 09:49 PM
And...?
PS2 doesn't have some things Xbox and GC do, just the same that they don't have some things PS2 does. They all have strong and weak points, despite how much a lot of people seem to think they were correct in their guesses for which system they wanted and their excellent insight before their purchase held true through their buying of a perfect system. I mean hell, who'd want to buy a system and find others don't like it as much? Like it's some judgement call on people's ability to judge a console before buying it or something, or to display some sort of future-telling abilities.

And what's with this sudden resurgence of console bitching, anyways? People trying to get their last words out before next gen rolls around?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2005-04-03 19:52 ]</font>

Solstis
Apr 3, 2005, 11:58 PM
On 2005-04-03 19:49, Mixfortune wrote:
And...?
PS2 doesn't have some things Xbox and GC do, just the same that they don't have some things PS2 does. They all have strong and weak points, despite how much a lot of people seem to think they were correct in their guesses for which system they wanted and their excellent insight before their purchase held true through their buying of a perfect system. I mean hell, who'd want to buy a system and find others don't like it as much? Like it's some judgement call on people's ability to judge a console before buying it or something, or to display some sort of future-telling abilities.

And what's with this sudden resurgence of console bitching, anyways? People trying to get their last words out before next gen rolls around?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2005-04-03 19:52 ]</font>

Might as well take a year long hiatus. Things are going to get fanboyish, and quick.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2005-04-03 21:59 ]</font>

digigram
Apr 4, 2005, 08:28 AM
Might as well take a year long hiatus. Things are going to get fanboyish, and quick.

oh boy.. can't wait. *shivers*

SJ
Apr 4, 2005, 12:41 PM
I cant be bothered to quote but..
YEs, I do own a ps2, but only in my dads car, i use it for dvds only.
And whoever said ps2s control is better than xboxs, you are insane, seriously.

PJ
Apr 4, 2005, 03:01 PM
On 2005-04-04 10:41, SJ wrote:

And whoever said ps2s control is better than xboxs, you are insane, seriously.

Have you seen the original American ones? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I mean, the S controller I actually like (Although I still prefer DC/GC controller), but the huge one was really bad.

Outrider
Apr 5, 2005, 03:42 AM
While I'm not too familiar with the original X-Box controller, I think I might like it better than the S controller. I dunno, I'm just not a fan of how the S is shaped or its layout, but it might be because I have massive hands.

Also, whoever put the Start and Back buttons beneath the analog stuck should be dragged out into the street and beaten with a burlap sack full of doorknobs. Terrible decision.

SJ
Apr 5, 2005, 04:35 AM
Yeah, I meant the S one..heh.

digigram
Apr 5, 2005, 08:21 AM
I personally love all the controllers..

Xbox S controllers are Really comfortable to me.
Ps2's dual shock are easy to use
GameCubes controllers are the only ones i don't like as much but i still like them. Reason I don't is analog direction casing, causing it to act like a digital (the octagonal edging that is supposed to help guide directions), it just messes me up. The Z button takes some getting used to, and the D-pad is way too small, it's the size of GBA dpad, having it that small and the edges being the way they are hurt my thumb from getting stabbed.

Hrith
Apr 7, 2005, 06:19 AM
From all my forum experience, there are more Xbox and Dreamcast fanboys than anything else. So that was totally subjective, B-H, and probably erroneous.

I know about the PS2 bad reputation among "gamers" -- even moreso in France than in the US, trust me.

But PS2 has awesome games, awesome choice, and awesome exclusive games.

Don't let your anti-sony feelings blind you, play for games, not for systems.

PS2 sells because SONY had good marketing, can't blame them.
If you found a $100 note on the ground, would you pick it up ? yes, so don't blame SONY for doing the same.

A good example is the DC fanboys.
PS1 was better than DC (despite graphics), PS2 was better than DC (all-around). But people bitch about the DC being the "victim" and most only praise it for being the "victim".
DC is only the victim of SEGA's fuckeries (awful marketing, launched at a bad time, too soon after PS1, too long before PS2, etc.)

Another example with Xbox fanboys.
"You only buy PS2 cuz it's got good marketing"
--> Halo 2. Worst FPS I played recently, I can name 10 FPS that were out before Halo 2 or at the same time and absolutely outclass it, and half are not on PC.
Yet Halo 2 sales hit records, way to go, fanboys...

Conclusion ? What you see in PS2, others see it in Xbox, GC or even DC, get over it.

Wyndham
Apr 7, 2005, 08:08 PM
I feel bad becauseI want a PS2 for FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus.
I hate Playstation, but love FF. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

derBauer
Apr 7, 2005, 11:21 PM
On 2005-04-07 04:19, Kef wrote:

--> Halo 2. Worst FPS I played recently

Amen to that.

Neith
Apr 8, 2005, 08:34 AM
Hate to say it, but Killzone>Halo 2 IMO. It's hard, and a great game. Yeah Halo's good, but I prefer ducking in cover and avoiding incoming tank shells to plasma grenades and energy swords. I know it's an opinion, but since I have a PS2, not an XBox, I have more time to enjoy the better PS2 titles, such as Gran Turismo 4, Bloody Roar 3 (don't say anything), Killzone, and Final Fantasy X. Who knows? Even PSU could be a nice surprise. Shame I'm not a Sony fanboy, I stick to Nintendo http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

darthsaber9x9
Apr 8, 2005, 07:31 PM
What's with the console hating guys? I own a GC, PS2, DC (before it broke), Saturn( http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif), DS, N64 and they all have their own merits (some more than most admittedly)

I will admit hands down that the Dreamcast/Saturn (can't decide which) has been the most fun console. However, the PS2 has some very good games. PES4, snake eater, GT4, San andreas amongst others. Similarly with the gamecube.

On the subject of Sega'a marketing..If you thought the dreamcast was marketed badly, you should have seen the saturn marketing. Or distinct lack of it. Or Sega's habit of totally ignoring what their games playing population wanted. Why release obscure, crappy japanese puzzle games but not release grandia.WHY? WHY!?!??!!?

¬_¬ yes i'm done now. RAWK ON SEGA!! m/