PDA

View Full Version : EP4: Santemillion (sp?) videos?

PJ
Apr 3, 2005, 10:28 PM
Obvious title, are there any videos of the final boss of Episode 4 made? I'd like to see how hard/cool/fun/wussy he loos* to fight.

*Is, rather.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2005-04-03 20:29 ]</font>

Getintothegame
Apr 3, 2005, 10:46 PM
Might have to wait for Jon to get there.

Cynric
Apr 4, 2005, 12:01 PM
Hopefulyl Jon will make one, but it will be in normal so it might not have some of its attacks that vhard and ultimate do. I don't know that for sure, I'm just basing that on Dark Falz.

I'd make a video, but my 512 ram would make it come out like crap. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Tycho
Apr 4, 2005, 12:04 PM
On 2005-04-04 10:01, Cynric wrote:
Hopefulyl Jon will make one, but it will be in normal so it might not have some of its attacks that vhard and ultimate do. I don't know that for sure, I'm just basing that on Dark Falz.

Then why doesn't someone test if the boss has any more attacks in VH and Ult?

adamgnome104
Apr 4, 2005, 01:23 PM
You should put the word SPOILER in your topic title or something, now I know the last bosses name. *runs and cries*

EDIT: Oh yeah, where is Jon's site if he puts a lot of EP4 videos there, I'd like to see them?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: adamgnome104 on 2005-04-04 11:27 ]</font>

Tancient
Apr 4, 2005, 01:29 PM
I can make a video if people want. Just need a team together.
The only thing Jon does better than me is compressing video size down. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

PJ
Apr 4, 2005, 02:55 PM
On 2005-04-04 11:29, Tancient wrote:
The only thing Jon does better than me is compressing video size down. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Well, no offense to Jon, but I prefer your videos since they're higher quality (The compressed size doesn't matter, I just delete it after if it's big).

BarryWhite
Apr 4, 2005, 04:39 PM
HUGE SPOILER!!!

Can you handle this?^^ (pic180)
Here the link:
http://ouie.s60.xrea.com/cgi-bin/c-board.cgi?id=gazou

Cynric
Apr 4, 2005, 07:30 PM
On 2005-04-04 14:39, BarryWhite wrote:
HUGE SPOILER!!!

Can you handle this?^^ (pic180)
Here the link:
http://ouie.s60.xrea.com/cgi-bin/c-board.cgi?id=gazou

"Kondorio"? WTF?! Rare form? Second form? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cynric on 2005-04-04 17:31 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Apr 4, 2005, 07:36 PM
KONDORYUU, actually.

And um, I'd think the text on the page that reads 'Rare Boss' in katakana would pretty much tell you what it was...?

PJ
Apr 4, 2005, 07:51 PM
Rare form? Holy crap! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Drop rates better be activated... >_>

Cynric
Apr 4, 2005, 07:52 PM
On 2005-04-04 17:36, Ian-KunX wrote:
KONDORYUU, actually.

I was close. Guess I need to practice more.

On 2005-04-04 17:36, Ian-KunX wrote

And um, I'd think the text on the page that reads 'Rare Boss' in katakana would pretty much tell you what it was...?

I didn't read the page, just the pic.

On 2005-04-04 17:51, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
Rare form? Holy crap! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Drop rates better be activated... >_>

They are actually. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cynric on 2005-04-04 17:53 ]</font>

Para
Apr 4, 2005, 08:41 PM
rare boss with uber stats and MAYBE UBER MUSIC LIKE IDOLA THE FANATIC VIPER?

anyways this inspires me to play santemillion more now

oh and i would make videos too but im so swamped with work i dont have much time... i didnt even get a chance to lvl up last weekend

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nites on 2005-04-04 18:42 ]</font>

Cynric
Apr 4, 2005, 09:02 PM
Tancient wrote:

Okay, its only a rare version, but you're looking at around 1/50 chance of seeing it.

It drops Crimson coat. Which is better than red coat.
Increases 22 dex with some of the red weapons and i think it increases power as well.

Have fun people!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cynric on 2005-04-04 19:03 ]</font>

King_Rappy
Apr 4, 2005, 11:06 PM
As far as the storyline goes, what exactly is Santemillion supposed to be? How is it related to WORKS anyway?

Skorpius
Apr 5, 2005, 12:31 AM
Heh, so Sonic Team made a bunch of rare enemies, a rare mini-boss and a rare full boss in Episode 4 just to make you play it more?

How fucking retarded.

Para
Apr 5, 2005, 01:57 AM
On 2005-04-04 22:31, Skorpius wrote:
Heh, so Sonic Team made a bunch of rare enemies, a rare mini-boss and a rare full boss in Episode 4 just to make you play it more?

How fucking retarded.

The concept of rare monsters existed in Ep1&2 so what is the difference? If it was retarded now then possibly it was retarded back then as well.

Tycho
Apr 5, 2005, 06:02 AM
So... What exactly is its drop and droprate for all ID's in Ultimate? o.o

PJ
Apr 5, 2005, 06:32 AM

How fucking retarded.

Frankly, Episode 1 & 2 was lacking very much in rare enemies (Basically, since they introdcued it in Episode 1, I mean they ddin't put much in Episode 2, just stupid ones =/), and this is a very nice change, my opinion.

It's more like a reward to the veterans. Whoever is new to PSO isn't gonna give a fuck to play more for rare enemies.

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 5, 2005, 07:35 AM
I finally had a chance to sit down today, so I'll have it up tonight hopefully. anyone care to take me through normal 9-8?

Nai_Calus
Apr 5, 2005, 08:24 AM
PJ: It's fucking retarded as in 'They could have taken the time spent on this expanding on the woefully inadequete amount of new content'.

I mean, come on, three areas, two of which have the exact same enemy mix and the third that still recycles half the same monsters, and a single boss? That's not an episode or worth giving a shit about, and frankly from looking at the item charts they didn't spend much time thinking about them, since most seem to be shitty armors with no visual effect and everything that the game could have actually used for some sort of balance and fairness in equipment has been, to the extent we know of, ignored completely. 9_9

Ok, cute, Vivian is nice for FOmarls, too bad their Double Saber animation is blah, and hey, what about FOnewm/FOmar? Oh wait, they're not girls, fuck them.

Well, hey then, how about a bloody male-usable Resta/Anti range boosting weapon/armor/other item? Wait, yeah, sorry, they're still not girls, fuck them. 9_9 I mean shit, we know of two female-exclusive items already. Like they didn't have enough? Let's see, counting Ep1... Marina's Bag(R/A range!), Madam's Parasol(R/A range again!), Madam's Umbrella, Safety Heart, Love Heart, Heart of Poumn(HUnl), Real Nei's(HUnl), Rico's Earrings, Rico's Glasses(FOml), Sweet Heart, Vivian, and I've probably forgotten a couple. 9_9 Oh, that stupid angel-looking umbrella schthack took a picture of is almost guaranteed to be female-exclusive. Males? Stag Cutlery, Zanba, Smoking Plate(FOnewm). Yeah. Wow. 9_9 I've said it before and been flamed for it, but you know, it's honestly bloody true: ST does not think.

Hell, even some of you Ep4 fanboys have bitched about stuff by now. *snerk*

You know, the more we find out about EpIV, the less I give a shit about ever wanting to play it. Because, as has been said, making rare pallette-swap enemies so you can pretend there's more content to the game than there really is IS retarded.

Para
Apr 5, 2005, 10:20 AM
Though I agree with you Ian that parts of Ep4 might seem disappointing, some new content is better than no new content at all imo.

Cynric
Apr 5, 2005, 11:55 AM
Ian,let's compare them:

Episode 4:

3 new areas (two have the same enemy combo), one boss.

Episode 2:

2 new areas (cca is four mini areas that have the same enemy combo), and two bosses.

Hmm. So what's so great about Episode 2 that had everyone shitting themselves when it came out? Frankly, all it has in comparison to Episode 4 is an additional boss. At least Episode 4 has the potential to expand with updates (not that ST will bother themselves) and wasn't given two rehashed Episode 1 areas with new combinations of Episode 1 enemies just so they could call it a full adventure. Cool, you guys got Towers eventually. Whoopie, 10 floors of the exact same goddamn map with three new enemies. Big fucking deal. Episode 4 can, and just might, get additional areas in the future. It's brand fucking new. Give it time.

xjustsumloser
Apr 5, 2005, 02:30 PM
Thats why I have yet to get blueburst. Untill there is ALOT more content, im not going to mess with it. It took me awhile to even break down and get EP 1&2 for GC once I found out there were no government quests for EP2 offline. But eventually I got it, and then got EP1&2 Plus for the offline EP2 challenge mode. As it was said before,the first two levels in EP2 are just revamped dreamcast levels, yea they have 2 areas, but they are identical. I was very disapointed to hear that EP 4 is has the same problem. Very few levels. I do like that there are gov quests to extend the story, but im not buying it just for that. EP 1 was the only one where alot of thought was actully put into it.

PJ
Apr 5, 2005, 02:55 PM
Ian, ST is sexist http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

As if giving the female non-FO's higher techs wasn't enough (I mean, the HUnewearl made sense, being a newman who supposedly excel in magic, but RAmarl?), and a bajillion times (Don't worry, bajillion = variable) more exclusive weapons, it's just really stupid. I do agree.

And I'm definately not gonna disagree that there isn't enough in Episode 4. (Triple negative? Can't tell. I mean, I wish there was more. Simple)

To be fair Cynric, Temple and Spaceship are levels. Barba Ray and Gol Dragon are bosses.

Skorpius
Apr 5, 2005, 03:02 PM
On 2005-04-05 09:55, Cynric wrote:
Ian,let's compare them:

Episode 4:

3 new areas (two have the same enemy combo), one boss.

Episode 2:

2 new areas (cca is four mini areas that have the same enemy combo), and two bosses.

Hmm. So what's so great about Episode 2 that had everyone shitting themselves when it came out? Frankly, all it has in comparison to Episode 4 is an additional boss. At least Episode 4 has the potential to expand with updates (not that ST will bother themselves) and wasn't given two rehashed Episode 1 areas with new combinations of Episode 1 enemies just so they could call it a full adventure. Cool, you guys got Towers eventually. Whoopie, 10 floors of the exact same goddamn map with three new enemies. Big fucking deal. Episode 4 can, and just might, get additional areas in the future. It's brand fucking new. Give it time.

First of all, Episode 2 has VR missions. Granted they aren't "new" but they weren't previous levels. They also have their own bosses. CCA has 3 mini bosses and a full boss of its own.

Hell, Episode 4 is only SLIGHTLY better than CCA all in itself, and CCA is better because it has 3 mini-boss creatures (5! if you count the other Meris). It also seems like they're trying to make an illusion of content by having, what, 6 rare enemies (including a rare miniboss and a rare full boss)? O, PLAY R STUF MOR BECUZ U CAN C TEH RAR ENMEEZ!!!1 Right. And what do you get from those enemies? Shitty armors that really do nothing? You'll probably use Brightness, Aura, and Lumi anyway, because those are pretty easy to obtain as it is.

Damn, saying Ep4 is like Ep2 is wrong. No way. At least Ep2 has 4 full areas and bosses.

Cynric
Apr 5, 2005, 03:03 PM
VR stages were in Episode 1, so they don't really count. Everyone had already seen them before in attle mode, and old Episode 1 enemies were thrown in. I bought Episode 2 to see something new, not see ST's effort to fill empty space. As for Barba Ray and Gol Dragon, they were just reskinned Episode 1 bosses with a couple new tricks. Santemillion is 100% original.

Episode 4 has Gil Tabril as the miniboss. Sure it's one compared to three, but that's barely enough to say Episode 2 is better. Had they reskinned the Gi Gue and Gibbles as well, would you count them? Probably not, you'd say you've seen them before, as I am saying with everything that has to do with VR.

Wilds and Crater are at least very decently sized. The CCA areas are about as big as Forest 2. Plus, The enemy AI was tweaked for Episode 4, unlike the reskinned EPisode 2 enemies. Gibbons = Wolves, Gee = Canadine, Dolmdepth = Pofuilly Slime, Delbitor = Chaos Bringer, Sinows = Sinows. Sure Episode 4 has reskins, but far fewer. Buutas = Boomas, and Golans = Boomas that phase, and that's about it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cynric on 2005-04-05 13:07 ]</font>

Skorpius
Apr 5, 2005, 03:06 PM
I guess the other 2 bosses of Episode 2 don't measure up, then?

And, so what? I don't see De Rol spitting Paralysis Pigrays, or SIl Dragon slitting into 2 other duplicates.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Cynric
Apr 5, 2005, 03:08 PM
Was editing my post as you wrote yours, and I covered that in it.

PJ
Apr 5, 2005, 03:12 PM
3 mini bosses if you only count Mericarol, Gibbles and Gi-Gue

5 mini bosses if you only only count Meris/Gibbles/Gi-Gue

8 mini bosses if you have Mericarol/Merikle/Mericus/Gibbles/Gi Gue/Ill Gill/Del Lily/Epsilon.

And Skorpius, that was my point. They are modelled the same, but they still are different.

Skorpius
Apr 5, 2005, 03:12 PM
Gibbons = Wolves, Gee = Canadine, Dolmdepth = Pofuilly Slime, Delbitor = Chaos Bringer, Sinows = Sinows. Sure Episode 4 has reskins, but far fewer. Buutas = Boomas, and Golans = Boomas that phase, and that's about it.
Did you forget about the Wolf reskins, Gal Gryphon/Nano, Rappy, and Slimes?

Are you saying those are different enough to be classified as their own enemies?
I don't see Wolves shooting foie and shit.
Delbiters are still "smarter" than Bringers.
Ep2 Sinows warp and shoot techs.
Depths spew Techs.

Ep4 lacks. It's sad. And unless there is an ass load of new updates (like new areas) coming any time soon, then Sonic Team can kiss my ass. XP

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-04-05 13:13 ]</font>

Butoden
Apr 5, 2005, 03:14 PM
I believe there are more reskinnings in Episode 4 than you say m8. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I think Episode 4 is nice though. Nice work. I like those quicksandpits!

Shiva91
Apr 5, 2005, 03:17 PM
Well ep4 would be a nice change to the Pso thing, I mean going through the same places, that might be random doesn't really count as an exciting game

Rianna_Type1
Apr 5, 2005, 03:21 PM
In order for Episode 4 to be complete, we need to add two dragons.

My friend Sniff and I have came up with two awesome new bosses.

We've got:

DEL DRAGON: This is a DARK dragon. It's texture is that of a dark enemy, like the Delsaber or Delbiter.

It's intro and death animation is identical to every other dragon you fought.

It spits out a stream of purple megid gas.

When it flies into the air and then lands, stomping the ground, megid clouds appear around it.

This dragon is totally awesome and should not be overlooked.

GRAN DRAGON: It's almost like Del Dragon, 'cept it's a light type. Perhaps it has similar rainbow things to Dark Falz' final form.

Of course, this dragon shoots out things of light when it roars.. when it flies into the air, lands and stomps the ground, an attack similar to Olga Flow's God's Punishment or Dark Falz's Heaven Punisher attack happens, smacking all players in the surrounding vincinity for non-elemental damage.

If time permits, we have the..

MACHINE DRAGON: This dragon is fully machine. It is covered in metal and shoots ELECTRICITY from it's mouth.

However, during the second half of the battle, the Dragon turns the lights off, so you can't see what's going on.

It burrows under ground and comes up under a random player, totally pissing them off and taking out a huge chunk of their life bar.

Note: The MACHINE DRAGON has the capability to cast Shifta/Deband on itself, as well as Jellen/Zalure the players. If you beat the crap out of the dragon too harshly, it will phase out, cast Resta on itself, and resume fighting.

Weak players should not fight this boss.

.. I dunno, that's all we got for now.

But add these into Episode 4 and you've got a winner.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rianna_Type1 on 2005-04-05 13:25 ]</font>

Cynric
Apr 5, 2005, 03:23 PM
On 2005-04-05 13:12, Skorpius wrote:

Did you forget about the Wolf reskins, Gal Gryphon/Nano, Rappy, and Slimes?
Yes, I did forget Rappies. There are no Slimes in EP4.

So a Nano that never lands, dive-bombs, shoots aerial beams, and has triple-foie is mroe of a rehash than a De Rol LE that spits paralysis at me or a dragon that replicates? I don't see that logic.

On 2005-04-05 13:12, Skorpius wrote:

Ep4 lacks. It's sad. And unless there is an ass load of new updates (like new areas) coming any time soon, then Sonic Team can kiss my ass. XP

Episode 4 may lack, but it lacks no more than Episode 2. At least ST didn't BS that two old levels were new. I don't see any environmental hazards in EP2. I don't see any AI tweaks save Merellias running away and Sinows warping. And I can certainly say the enemy AI in Ep4 added to make it harder worked a lot better than "ZOMG MEGID!!1!"

On 2005-04-05 13:12, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
3 mini bosses if you only count Mericarol, Gibbles and Gi-Gue
And that is all I count. Two more Meris that are simply different colors don't count as different to me. Oh wow, one freezes you, it must be new!

On 2005-04-05 13:12, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
8 mini bosses if you have Mericarol/Merikle/Mericus/Gibbles/Gi Gue/Ill Gill/Del Lily/Epsilon.

And as I said earlier, Ill Gill/Del Lilly/Epsilon were added nearly a year after Ep2 came out. So please give Ep4 some time to evolve before you take Ep2 additions into account.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cynric on 2005-04-05 13:24 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Apr 5, 2005, 03:31 PM
Reskinned, yes, but effort went into their development, and the storyline justified them.

Yes, Temple and Spaceship were from Battle Mode. Good! Sure, they're stocked with Ep1 monsters - Because the lab doesn't have data on the monsters inhabiting Gal Da Val and the Seabed yet. They have data on what's been fought and documented.

Temple and Spaceship are both very attractive visually and have good music. Nothing wrong with making them full levels, and while you bitch now I'm sure that back in the DC days there were people who would have LOVED having them as normal enemies.

Barba Ray is the weaker of the upgrades, but he still presents new challenges - And new annoyances. The first time I fought him on Ult, having fought him on VHard previously, I didn't expect to be paralyzed and thus hadn't restocked my Antiparalysis. I had to wait for the spines to poison me. Several times, since you can't always avoid it.

Gol Dragon? Let's see, spitting into two or three, the unavoidable rain of various elements that will cause you much pain if you're not ready for it with some elemental resist, working out how to stand so you're not pwned when they do split, working out which is the real Gol Dragon, etc... It's a much more engaging fight than the original Dragon and Sil Dragon.

Which only covers the VR stages, without even touching Gal Da Val.

So, Gal Da Val, it's a four in one deal. It's kind of analogous to EpIV, like Skorp said. It's all technically one area, but it's broken up. And broken up in ways that don't look all the same, as well - Jungle, Mountain and Seaside are VERY distinct, and while they do have the same enemies, the mix of them is different in each area. Central Control Area is different as well(And doesn't lag on GC, period), both in mix and looks. Yes, they do all share the same music, but it's good music. I'll be flamed for this, but I'm not impressed by EpIV's music. At all.

Gal Gryphon. Ahhh, the great wonderful Gal Gryphon. Hey, isn't Zuu a ripoff of a cross between Gal Gryphon and a Nano Dragon? XD Gal Gryphon is either *hard* or really, really easy... And a shitload of fun either way. XD Great music, great scenery, etc. It's just a really, really well-done boss.

Control Tower. Now, I love Tower. For one thing, my favourite quest of all time involves it. For two, it's always a damned good time. Epsilon is a pussy, but can be annoying if screwups happen. It looks great to boot, though you're missing out on Xbox/BB. I can't really define what's wrong, but it's WRONG. Something just isn't right with Tower on those versions. X_x;

Seabed. The level that justifies everything. Zomg Sinows! Yeah, and that's... Pretty much IT for the re-hashes(And they're still different from the other sinows, mildly). Dolmolm/Dolmdarl? No equivalent. Delbiter? Yeah, in EpIV. Recobox? Nope. Morfos? Nyet. Deldepth? Nein. Pretty much EVERYTHING in Seabed is original. Oh, and it's drop dead gorgeous to boot. The fish, the water reflections, seeing yourself reflected in the glass, it's just great. And Abysmal Ball is great music, as well.

And then Olga Flow. Now, Olga Flow is a boss WORTHY of final bossness. The twisted, ruined remains of a good man and an innocent AI, turned to madness and evil by the hateful influence of Dark Falz via the D-cells infecting Flowen. And boy, does it let you know about it, doesn't it?

Not much to justify about Ep2, nope, because Ep2 speaks for itself.

I will give ST credit on Ep4 for at least having some sort of justification for the lack of areas and bosses... But why bother with crater outskirts, then? Why not just Crater and Desert, or hell, just Desert? You know where the crater is, why would the government not just send people there? Oh wait, it would make too much sense... Well, it IS Sonic Team.

Tycho
Apr 5, 2005, 03:51 PM
EP4 should have quests without numbers. :/

Para
Apr 5, 2005, 03:53 PM
Actually I don't think its fair to compare the two episodes yet since Episode IV might be even fully completed yet. I mean the towers are an extra side thing and for all we know... SEGA could do the same thing for Episode IV.

For now though, Cynric I think that you must agree that there is a lot more content available on Episode II compared to Episode IV right now. However it is not really a valid comparison because they have their own stories, evolved in different ways. Not to mention not all of us fully understand the storyline for Episode IV yet so we can't make that comparison either.

You can have short stories or long stories. Its how SEGA writes them. I don't think SEGA can always follow the same formula all the time. They're bound to make some differences between episodes.

As for the rare monsters, the formula has been around for awhile so I do not understand why you complain now when you could've complained earlier.

Seabed. The level that justifies everything. Zomg Sinows! Yeah, and that's... Pretty much IT for the re-hashes(And they're still different from the other sinows, mildly). Dolmolm/Dolmdarl? No equivalent. Delbiter? Yeah, in EpIV. Recobox? Nope. Morfos? Nyet. Deldepth? Nein. Pretty much EVERYTHING in Seabed is original. Oh, and it's drop dead gorgeous to boot. The fish, the water reflections, seeing yourself reflected in the glass, it's just great. And Abysmal Ball is great music, as well. Yeah seabed was a great advancement in AI and monster development but there is a limit to what you can implement. Golans in Desert are closest thing in Episode IV that's original. Most of the other stuff though have been done in the past so most of the ideas are used and you can't really make new ideas work that easily. PSO is still a basic hack n slash game.

Cynric
Apr 5, 2005, 03:53 PM
On 2005-04-05 13:31, Ian-KunX wrote:
Reskinned, yes, but effort went into their development, and the storyline justified them.
I didn't say that they didn't fit the story. What I said was that ST could have put more effort and not had them at all. VR could have been there, but they could have had something other than battle stage scenery, and new enemies other than EP1 enemies. If the computer could evolve old bosses, why not old enemies?

So, Gal Da Val, it's a four in one deal. It's kind of analogous to EpIV, like Skorp said. It's all technically one area, but it's broken up. And broken up in ways that don't look all the same, as well - Jungle, Mountain and Seaside are VERY distinct, and while they do have the same enemies, the mix of them is different in each area. Central Control Area is different as well(And doesn't lag on GC, period), both in mix and looks. Yes, they do all share the same music, but it's good music. I'll be flamed for this, but I'm not impressed by EpIV's music. At all.
Ep4 is broken up as well. Even though I think four variations of WIlds that are exactly the same is a retarded concept, there are still differences like in CCA. Wilds, Crater, Desert 1/2, and Desert 3 are all vastly different from one another.

Gal Gryphon. Ahhh, the great wonderful Gal Gryphon. Hey, isn't Zuu a ripoff of a cross between Gal Gryphon and a Nano Dragon? XD Gal Gryphon is either *hard* or really, really easy... And a shitload of fun either way. XD Great music, great scenery, etc. It's just a really, really well-done boss.
Agreed. Gal Gryphon is still my favorite boss, and I didn't/would never bash him.

Control Tower. Now, I love Tower. For one thing, my favourite quest of all time involves it. For two, it's always a damned good time. Epsilon is a pussy, but can be annoying if screwups happen. It looks great to boot, though you're missing out on Xbox/BB. I can't really define what's wrong, but it's WRONG. Something just isn't right with Tower on those versions. X_x;
Yes, Tower is different, but it's an addition that wasn't available when Ep2 came out. So as I said before, let's give Ep4 some time to get additions of it's on beofre we bring them into the arguement.

Seabed. The level that justifies everything. Zomg Sinows! Yeah, and that's... Pretty much IT for the re-hashes(And they're still different from the other sinows, mildly). Dolmolm/Dolmdarl? No equivalent. Delbiter? Yeah, in EpIV. Recobox? Nope. Morfos? Nyet. Deldepth? Nein. Pretty much EVERYTHING in Seabed is original. Oh, and it's drop dead gorgeous to boot. The fish, the water reflections, seeing yourself reflected in the glass, it's just great. And Abysmal Ball is great music, as well.
I personally think Seabed is graphically bland, but that's a matter of opinion, so I won't argue it. Delbitor was a Chaos Bringer that moved faster and shot beams without having to charge it. Deldepth was a Slime that attacked while moving and used barta. Dolmolm can be compared to Boomas that just have a long reach, as they move predictibaly toward you and just hit you like a Booma; only difference I really see is the special that Dolmdarl has.

And then Olga Flow. Now, Olga Flow is a boss WORTHY of final bossness. The twisted, ruined remains of a good man and an innocent AI, turned to madness and evil by the hateful influence of Dark Falz via the D-cells infecting Flowen. And boy, does it let you know about it, doesn't it?
Olga Flow was great, yes, but So is Santemillion. As for the intriguing story behind Flow, Santemillion could easily have one too. It's just only very few Gaijin players can read it. Santemillion gives me the same exhiliration as Flow does, and it packs the same punch.

But why bother with crater outskirts, then? Why not just Crater and Desert, or hell, just Desert? You know where the crater is, why would the government not just send people there? Oh wait, it would make too much sense... Well, it IS Sonic Team.
Like the VR, this has a story too. WORKS is doing things on its own, and the true government doesn't know what they're up to. They send people to the Wilds because they have no data to send people to the Crater. The warp to the Crater is then blocked off in every quest until 9-4 when you bribe WORKS guards to let you through. The Crater-Desert portal is also sealed off until 9-5 when you follow Leo into the Desert.

Cynric
Apr 5, 2005, 03:57 PM
On 2005-04-05 13:53, Nites wrote:

For now though, Cynric I think that you must agree that there is a lot more content available on Episode II compared to Episode IV right now.
Yes, that's what I'm saying. It took two years for Episode 2 to get all it has. Ep4 is brand new and just recently finished the story. Now that it's done, ST can focus on putting in extras like Tower and PW quests.

As for the rare monsters, the formula has been around for awhile so I do not understand why you complain now when you could've complained earlier.
I don't get why everyone complains about this either. Rare enemies are fun to hunt in EPs 1&2, and are fun to hunt here. As for ST putting them there to get you to play more, I doubt it. If a rare enemy is making you play far after you wanted to stop playing, then that's your addiction problem, not their cheesiness.

Skorpius
Apr 5, 2005, 04:40 PM
So how about those videos of CCA+ (Ep4)?

EJ
Apr 5, 2005, 04:52 PM
On 2005-04-05 13:57, Cynric wrote:

I don't get why everyone complains about this either. Rare enemies are fun to hunt in EPs 1&2, and are fun to hunt here. As for ST putting them there to get you to play more, I doubt it. If a rare enemy is making you play far after you wanted to stop playing, then that's your addiction problem, not their cheesiness.

Except that in 1 and 2 you are almost always going to get a rare item except for the certain few but in ep4 the rare enemies drop nothing and the drop rate is so god dam high that it is unfair and isnt worth hunting the rare versions since odds are it not going to drop anything but mesetae or a PD unless ST makes the drop more fair because not everyone can be on all the time and always hunt for rares enemies.

Tancient
Apr 5, 2005, 04:55 PM
Ugh, the rare drop rate. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gifissaprove:

I much greatly prefer episode 2. Pretty, and I can see a red box every 5 runs or so. Episode 4? I've done over 100 runs, and seen 4 red boxes. 3 armors, one rappy beak.

adamgnome104
Apr 5, 2005, 06:48 PM
On 2005-04-05 04:32, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:

How fucking retarded.

Frankly, Episode 1 & 2 was lacking very much in rare enemies (Basically, since they introdcued it in Episode 1, I mean they ddin't put much in Episode 2, just stupid ones =/), and this is a very nice change, my opinion.

It's more like a reward to the veterans. Whoever is new to PSO isn't gonna give a fuck to play more for rare enemies.

It's just a rare boss nothing to spaz about.

Just one of those things that if you see it you scream out OMFG KILL IT BEFORE IT KILLS ME!! kind of things.

Looks shiny though... I honestly don't understand the plot because I never read a summary and I dont have the game or any knowledge of Japanese. >_>

And flaming the game in a topic that talks about it, isn't that just asking for flames back or whatever. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Oh no wait, thats a debait.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: adamgnome104 on 2005-04-05 16:49 ]</font>

Para
Apr 5, 2005, 07:27 PM
On 2005-04-05 14:55, Tancient wrote:
Ugh, the rare drop rate. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gifissaprove:

I much greatly prefer episode 2. Pretty, and I can see a red box every 5 runs or so. Episode 4? I've done over 100 runs, and seen 4 red boxes. 3 armors, one rappy beak.

Yeah the drop rates aren't that great but I guess its sega's method to make us play Episode IV right now.

Skorpius
Apr 6, 2005, 12:10 AM
I guess their lack of quality gameplay is compensated with "replay value".

"Quantity Over Quality!" ~ Sonic Team

Para
Apr 6, 2005, 01:23 AM
If it was quantity over quality then we should get more levels for Episode IV http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Skorpius
Apr 6, 2005, 01:40 AM
Indeed.

So, how about them videos?

AndyPandy
Apr 6, 2005, 04:59 AM
Well the game is essentialy a stop-gap title for Sonic Team while they work on PSO Universe....a money spinner you could say.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AndyPandy on 2005-04-06 03:00 ]</font>

Para
Apr 6, 2005, 10:30 AM
for any video from me... you gotta wait till the weekend...

Hrith
Apr 6, 2005, 11:16 AM
lol, it's funny to see the Ep4 fanboys say about Ep2 what is even more true for Ep4 http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Ep4 brings nothing new, it's like a new skin, it changes how it looks, and that's it. There's new stuff but not the slightest innovation.

So to sum it all up:

On 2005-04-05 06:24, Ian-KunX wrote:
You know, the more we find out about EpIV, the less I give a shit about ever wanting to play it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kef on 2005-04-06 09:17 ]</font>

Cynric
Apr 6, 2005, 11:59 AM
On 2005-04-06 09:16, Kef wrote:
lol, it's funny to see the Ep4 fanboys say about Ep2 what is even more true for Ep4 http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I could reverse that and it would still be true. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Ian once told me that I had no right to bash GC's online mode because I hadn't experienced it for myself, and he was right. The same applies here. All of you bashing Ep4 haven't even played it, so you really have nothing to go by except screenshots and some two minute videos. So until you all actually play it, your opinions on it don't really count, just as mine didn't about GC. kthxbai.

So yeah, videos anyone? I want to show the boss to my friends, and I can't make my own.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cynric on 2005-04-06 10:01 ]</font>

Butoden
Apr 6, 2005, 12:59 PM
On 2005-04-06 09:59, Cynric wrote:

On 2005-04-06 09:16, Kef wrote:

I could reverse that and it would still be true. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Ian once told me that I had no right to bash GC's online mode because I hadn't experienced it for myself, and he was right. The same applies here. All of you bashing Ep4 haven't even played it, so you really have nothing to go by except screenshots and some two minute videos. So until you all actually play it, your opinions on it don't really count, just as mine didn't about GC. kthxbai.

So yeah, videos anyone? I want to show the boss to my friends, and I can't make my own.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cynric on 2005-04-06 10:01 ]</font>

I have a 17 minute video or something. At least 10 minutes of episode 4. It looked pretty cool but nothing revolutionary compared to what the previous 2 Episodes didn't have/showed (3 not included).
However it still seems fun, new Enemies and Areas are always fun!! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

(IMO Episode 4 has more to offer than Episode 2)

Hrith
Apr 6, 2005, 01:13 PM
I could reverse that and it would still be true.No it wouldn't, find arguments for a change.

Ian, Skorpius, myself and some others gave you strong arguments, the only reply you babbled was "same to you too". My four year-old niece would find a more mature argument.

And now you say "only my opinion counts", yeah, you're so much better than all of us, your head needs a diet.

Tycho
Apr 6, 2005, 01:14 PM

No. We can judge what we have seen and read about. You wouldn't know as much about the GC community from vids or reading, as we would know about simple facts about this game, from videos that were made to show us the differences, reskins, and 'innovations'.

Para
Apr 6, 2005, 02:57 PM
However you must consider this. Yes Episode IV has some reskinned monsters, but it is how they changed their AI that alters the gameplay to give the new feeling.

Innovation is through the new combinations of AI, abilities and attacks for Episode IV. I bet a lot of you guys don't know is that Jellen does not affect several monsters in Episode IV. How about the teleportation AI not to mention each golan has a different battle pattern. That sounds pretty innovative.

Why I said that Episode IV might not have as much new stuff is that you must consider that PSO is reaching its limits in what it can offer. Of course SEGA made fair attempt at trying to make something new and you should atleast appreciate some of it and not go its the same old i dont really give a shit about the new stuff attitude. Its disrespectful. Sure it may or may not be great depending on your view but having some new content is better than having no new content at all. New content is what keeps games running. Consider when Episode II got towers. Everyone was happy and stuff because it was new content. Somewhere new to go, something new to kill and hunt. Somewhere to experience that new feeling like using a new weapon or running through a new area. That is like the feeling Episode IV gives to you.

No. We can judge what we have seen and read about. You wouldn't know as much about the GC community from vids or reading, as we would know about simple facts about this game, from videos that were made to show us the differences, reskins, and 'innovations'. Wait... since when was this a comparison between a game and a gaming community?

Hrith
Apr 6, 2005, 03:06 PM
No one said Ep4 sucked, that would be hypocritical considering Ep4 is part of BB, and not a game of its own.
Just that it's not better than GC PSO, and that it's not.

If you can handle a bit of Japanese and can stand playing on a computer, then go for BB, but if you'd rather play on a more comfy GC, you won't be missing anything worthwhile.

EJ
Apr 6, 2005, 03:14 PM
Or like some people I know hook up your computer to your tv and have a gamecube USB adapter to use your controller on the computer then you will have the same feel as for cube >>

But yes some of the things BB is missing is the community the cube has but I see it growing slowly atleast. Plus ST made the drop rate insanely high for ep4 that seeing a rare enemy doesn't get me excited as seeing one in ep1 or 2.

Para
Apr 6, 2005, 03:20 PM
I never said that Episode IV sucked but I said that saying the new stuff is not worthwhile is rather ignorant and incorrect. To say that it not better than GC PSO is debatable but think from many technical features implemented into Blue Burst, you can definitely see that PSO has been upgraded to say the least. New functions and new content over old(and possibly less in the future) content and less functions already defines that Blue Burst can be superior to GC PSO. If you were to compare community wise then you are not judging the game itself but the people that make up the game which is not a comparison between GC PSO and PSO:BB.

As for the drop rate... you know... since this is Blue Burst, SEGA may very well change it in the future because you know what? Its on computer and we can actually recieve direct upgrades to the game to make it better than other versions of PSO.

Hrith
Apr 6, 2005, 03:21 PM
I think you meant "low" EJ =]

And yeah, you can play PC games on TV and with a GC controller, but that's not equipment anyone can afford, and not necessarily because of cash.
When I said "comfy" I meant GC as a console, not controller or TV, etc.

EJ
Apr 6, 2005, 03:26 PM
On 2005-04-06 13:21, Kef wrote:
I think you meant "low" EJ =]

And yeah, you can play PC games on TV and with a GC controller, but that's not equipment anyone can afford, and not necessarily because of cash.
When I said "comfy" I meant GC as a console, not controller or TV, etc.

Yeah I meant low >_>

Yeah not everyone will be willing to do all that for one game whether it be lack of cash or other reason. Yeah console are still prefer even by me and not everyone like playing games on PC.

Skorpius
Apr 6, 2005, 04:15 PM
On 2005-04-06 12:57, Nites wrote:
However you must consider this. Yes Episode IV has some reskinned monsters, but it is how they changed their AI that alters the gameplay to give the new feeling.
Episode 2 has that, as well. ;

Different Ep1 enemy mixes (Hildelts and Ob Lilies, Delsabers/Gulgus and Baranz), and altered AI. The thing is, Ep2 has more to it than Ep4. ;

But, anyway, where are the videos?

Nai_Calus
Apr 6, 2005, 04:16 PM
Oh, Golans, those re-skinned Dimenians with the stupid range and cheap-ass teleportation to make them look difficult? XD

Uh, Nites, what do the long-ass Ep4 videos have to do with comparing the(shitty) BB community to anything else?

Yeah, I've watched them. No, I didn't see anything 'innovative' or any 'great AI', just lame rehashes and cheap bullshit crap designed to make you think you're playing something actually challenging.

It's still my opinion that PSOBB looks far worse than GC due to the graphical effects(Also that you need a gaming computer for anything past shitty circle shadows and the lowest resolution... Which frankly, most people interested in PSO do not have and cannot afford)... Yeah, Ep4 looks good enough. If it had been made for GC, though, it probably would have looked better. You just try telling me the water in Crater doesn't look like shit. Hooking it up to your TV doesn't help, neither does using a controller, GC or otherwise.

Whether you want to admit it or not, Ep2 had more and better content than Ep4 has.

And what the hell, Cynric? Seat of the Heart came out in what, April '03, and GC was released in what, November '02? That's not a year by any calender, try six months. And what area and monsters did Seat of the Heart introduce? Why, yes, Control Tower, Del Lily, Ill Gill and Epsilon.

Heh. Nothing to do with Ep4, but BB still doesn't even have all of GC's content. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif Towards the Future? Respective Tommorow? Episode 2 C-mode? Not out, not even ANNOUNCED. Dunno about you, but to me that stuff is staple. It'd better be there if you want to talk about having better online content.

There's just nothing that stellar about Ep4 to justify the $30 cost, the more expensive HL($1.60 or so more than GC for me), the annoyance factors, the elitism of the players who think they're so great for playing it, the fact that the server-side-saving means no offline for such times as, oh, maints and internet outages, the whole 'Whoops, can't afford my HL for a while, better hope ST doesn't erase my characters and hey, look, I can't play this game I paid all that money for!' thing... Yeah.

Tell me why anyone should give a shit, again? >_>;

Oh yeah. While you're bitching about Ep2, remember that it was included with Ep1. They didn't charge you a full game price extra for a small add-on to something you were already playing to try to squeeze more money from you. 9_9 Yes, $30 is a full game price, go find a store that has copies of PSO+ - $30. It's more expensive by far for PSOBB in the long run. That extra $1.50 sure will add up over a couple of years. To more than the cost of any additional memory cards for GC you may purchase, honestly... Let's see, $30, do I want Ep4, PSO+, or hell, a couple of Ninty 59s so I can have a total of 20 GC PSO characters?

And you know, I thought I was, but I'm just not willing to abandon my GC characters. Or for an english version, the work I put into ~Zero~ on JP BB. Not gonna start over yet again unless I get corrupted on GC. Just not interested.

So. Screw Ep4. For that matter, screw BB period. My roots and the characters I truly love just won't stop calling me. No amount of new content can replace the memories imprinted in the data of my GC characters and my guild card files. This is what I've failed to understand in the past that I understand quite well now.

Skorpius
Apr 6, 2005, 04:22 PM
I <3 Ian.

Para
Apr 6, 2005, 05:33 PM
Fun http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

And Del Lilies, Ill Gills, Mericarols and other monsters with 1 hit kill capabilities are supposed innovative as well? Stick in a monster and just give it spitting megid abilities. Would you call that innovation then?

Uh, Nites, what do the long-ass Ep4 videos have to do with comparing the(shitty) BB community to anything else? I never compared long ass ep4 videos to the BB community. I said towards Tycho that he could not make that comparison because Tycho said
No. We can judge what we have seen and read about. You wouldn't know as much about the GC community from vids or reading, as we would know about simple facts about this game, from videos that were made to show us the differences, reskins, and 'innovations'. and it seemed like he was judging between the two games (Community vs Content) Which is an incorrect comparison.

It's still my opinion that PSOBB looks far worse than GC due to the graphical effects(Also that you need a gaming computer for anything past shitty circle shadows and the lowest resolution... Which frankly, most people interested in PSO do not have and cannot afford)... Yeah, Ep4 looks good enough. If it had been made for GC, though, it probably would have looked better. You just try telling me the water in Crater doesn't look like shit. Hooking it up to your TV doesn't help, neither does using a controller, GC or otherwise.

Whether you want to admit it or not, Ep2 had more and better content than Ep4 has.
Your arguments are useless because you don't even provide adequate evidence to support your premise and you only base it on faulty comparisons and opinions.

Heh. Nothing to do with Ep4, but BB still doesn't even have all of GC's content. Towards the Future? Respective Tommorow? Episode 2 C-mode? Not out, not even ANNOUNCED. Dunno about you, but to me that stuff is staple. It'd better be there if you want to talk about having better online content. Again you only base your arguments on faulty comparisons and opinions. Maybe there is a logical explanation behind all of SEGA's content release timeline I don't know but you can't argue against something that is unknown and imcomplete. Maybe when SEGA does get around after they are done with Episode IV stuff, they will start porting quests to Blue Burst and provide even more content than GC can ever have.

There's just nothing that stellar about Ep4 to justify the $30 cost, the more expensive HL($1.60 or so more than GC for me)Consider this then, for BB you did not even have to purchase Episode I&II in the first place while in GC you had to.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nites on 2005-04-06 15:34 ]</font>

Puppet_Papaya
Apr 6, 2005, 06:15 PM
So how about those *ahem* videos? thought that's what the title said..
So, wait. Dosn't Santemillion have a second form on HArd and above with the "Fanatic Viper" music?

Hrith
Apr 6, 2005, 07:02 PM
On 2005-04-06 16:15, Puppet_Papaya wrote:
So, wait. Doesn't Santemillion have a second form on Hard and above with the "Fanatic Viper" music?Olga Flow does not.

To Nites:
-"faulty opinions" nice going there, Ian is entitled to his opinions.
-And yes Ep2 monsters are very innovative, most monsters have movements and attacks we had never seen before, and their extreme power / 1-hit killers completely changed the gameplay -- and some players here fail to grasp this, and just call it cheap, losers.

Skorpius
Apr 6, 2005, 07:05 PM
SO HOW ABOUT SOME VIDEOS, YEAH?

Hrith
Apr 6, 2005, 07:07 PM
Jon has never failed to post videos, just give him the time he needs =/

Skorpius
Apr 6, 2005, 07:15 PM
Then how about stopping the yappin' now, huh? XP

Tycho
Apr 6, 2005, 07:24 PM
On 2005-04-06 15:33, Nites wrote:

I said towards Tycho that he could not make that comparison because Tycho said and it seemed like he was judging between the two games (Community vs Content) Which is an incorrect comparison.

Ehh. You should reread my post. I never compared a community to content. I said we could judge content based on text and videos, while you would not be able to judge a community from... I don't know what you (or whoever it said) were going to base your judgment on?

Para
Apr 6, 2005, 07:29 PM
On 2005-04-06 17:02, Kef wrote:

On 2005-04-06 16:15, Puppet_Papaya wrote:
So, wait. Doesn't Santemillion have a second form on Hard and above with the "Fanatic Viper" music?Olga Flow does not.

To Nites:
-"faulty opinions" nice going there, Ian is entitled to his opinions.
-And yes Ep2 monsters are very innovative, most monsters have movements and attacks we had never seen before, and their extreme power / 1-hit killers completely changed the gameplay -- and some players here fail to grasp this, and just call it cheap, losers.

Faulty opinions? I never said faulty opinions I said faulty comparisons. Ian is definitely entitled to his own opinions Kef but when he uses it as support to his arguments, they have no grounds at all.

Ok if you say those movements were innovative... we never seen teleporting monsters each with its own different type of attack pattern and high range. Never seen monsters that hop around and can jump over you to strike from behind directly. Never seen a monster that almost constantly flies in circles and makes itself hard to hit and cannot be affected by jellen. Never seen a monster that has super detection range versus Human players. That's pretty damn innovative then if you say that movements in Episode II were innovative. Never seen a monster which can draw you into it. So by your argument of Episode II being innovative, I have used your own argument and proved that Episode IV is innovative as well.

Cynric is entitled to his opinion to calling megid cheap as Ian is entitled to his opinions of Episode IV. Granted that Cynric's argument saying Episode IV was harder than Episode II saying that megid was cheap was definitely a flawed argument.

However don't you think that you must agree that extreme power hitting has been used long time in many game formulas? Yes it did change the gameplay in PSO because PSO never really had that power hitting (unless you were in v1 and v2 but those weren't as extreme as the mericarols).

Atleast SEGA made Episode IV possibly more interesting by tweaking that formula and made it better. Incase if no one noticed, I believe the theme of Episode IV was letting monsters get free hits on you as much as possible because
1) Teleportation ability and the long range abilities of Golans could be interpetted that stunning all Golans was a difficult thing to do so in the end, some of the Golans will hit you, stun you and get even more free shots on you if you can't retreat properly or stun them back properly. Not to mention that the Golan teleportation effect cancels out Frozen status sometimes. Also Golans are pretty strong themselves too. Different types of Golans have different warp and battle patterns.
2) Mixing up the melee and range. Zuus proved to be VERY VERY annoying. As they flew with great speed, it is difficult to catch them along with other ground monsters at the same time. Once they knock the wind out of you, you drop down and the melee monsters start to surround you and destroy you. Even if you stun the melee ones, you might not even get the Zuu which is still flying around and smashing into you. Back in Wilds, Ze Buuta can cast foie which is used to stun you so monsters can get near you and hit you hard.
3) Status changes. If no one has noticed but some might say that Gil Tabril is weaker than Mericarol. That is true but what they did not account for is that Gil Tabril cannot be frozen, has very high defensive capabilities and can draw players into its grasp thus making players not being able to avoid its attacks. Not only that but Gil Tabril can use its claws to shock paralyze you and freeze you so you cannot run. If you do run, it just draws you back into its grasp. This is awfully deadly when lizards are around and you are drawn right into the path of the lizards as well so they get free hits on you. Now think of it this way as well, If you think you need to fight Gil Tabril from a distance with a gun, that is a good logical assumption but when you have him combined with lizards which are immune to range, it is awfully difficult to fight them both at the same time.

Now that is what I call innovation.
There's more than just that but I think I've said enough.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nites on 2005-04-06 22:07 ]</font>

Skorpius
Apr 6, 2005, 07:35 PM
Oh, for Christ's sake.

Shut the FUCK up. >_>

PJ
Apr 6, 2005, 07:43 PM
On 2005-04-06 17:35, Skorpius wrote:
Oh, for Christ's sake.

Shut the FUCK up. >_>

Let him argue, he's got a right to it. There is no right or wrong answer (Question being better Episode, as my topic has been unfortunately changed into -_-), just opinions.

So, since you aren't arguing, shut the fuck up http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

EDIT: And before I get the flamed to hell, the wacko meant it was a j-o-k-e. Some people just don't get it, so I decided to point it out -_-;;;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2005-04-06 17:46 ]</font>

Skorpius
Apr 6, 2005, 07:56 PM
On 2005-04-06 17:43, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
Let him argue, he's got a right to it. There is no right or wrong answer (Question being better Episode, as my topic has been unfortunately changed into -_-), just opinions.

First of all, that was directed at everyone who kept on arguing.
Second of all, no, no one really had any right to argue in here. Sure, state an opinion or two, but carrying on an argument in your topic about a video is pretty of base. Even if it's your topic, damn.. it's not the time or place for it.
Third of all: http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

PJ
Apr 6, 2005, 08:06 PM
On 2005-04-06 17:56, Skorpius wrote:
First of all, that was directed at everyone who kept on arguing.

Sorry, I just thought it seemed directly impacted to Nites, since his post was just before yours.

Misunderstanding http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Hrith
Apr 6, 2005, 08:37 PM
I like your post, Nites, that's what I call an argument.

Para
Apr 6, 2005, 09:36 PM
Possibly this friday Jon and I will work on getting a video up.

Butoden
Apr 7, 2005, 04:46 AM
That would be awesome!! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

adamgnome104
Apr 7, 2005, 03:46 PM
That would be an awesome present for my birthday. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Tancient
Apr 8, 2005, 05:53 AM
http://users.sisna.com/bird/ep4boss.avi

Enjoy.

I was trying to get a video of his rare form, but it hasn't shown up yet. So I got a video of the camera glitch instead!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tancient on 2005-04-08 03:53 ]</font>

Skorpius
Apr 8, 2005, 06:44 AM
That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.

dragoon-girl
Apr 8, 2005, 06:57 AM
On 2005-04-08 04:44, Skorpius wrote:

I thought it was pretty cool

Para
Apr 8, 2005, 07:49 AM

Yeah I was like @_@ too http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But its very interesting and unique for a boss imo

Butoden
Apr 8, 2005, 08:06 AM
It's still downloading. : So slow...

dragoon-girl
Apr 8, 2005, 08:21 AM
On 2005-04-08 05:49, Nites wrote:

Yeah I was like @_@ too http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But its very interesting and unique for a boss imo

I don't get peoples proplem.. it was cool, and the area is so big! ^-^ It's cool not being in a tiny little area

Hrith
Apr 8, 2005, 09:49 AM
What's wrong with it, Skorp ?

I find it very cool for a boss, below Falz or Olga for a final boss.

Thanks, Tancient.

Butoden
Apr 8, 2005, 10:14 AM
Was there a bug? How weird. Hopefully they'll fix this!
The boss looks pretty stupid and he doesnt seem powerful! But his moves are pretty strong and he doesnt seem to die quick. Too bad you need to move around so much. I guess thats what big areas make you do.

dragoon-girl
Apr 8, 2005, 10:26 AM
Right umm, is there a chance of an MP3 or something for the credits music?
I wanna know what the song is this time

Rianna_Type1
Apr 8, 2005, 10:36 AM
It's probably this bastardized version of the World with Me song.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2005-04-08 10:24 ]</font>

Ryna
Apr 8, 2005, 11:01 AM
Could someone start a torrent for the movie file? The download is dreadfully slow at this point.

dragoon-girl
Apr 8, 2005, 11:03 AM
right..... -_-; what the hell.. I prefer the old one

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dragoon-girl on 2005-04-08 09:09 ]</font>

Tycho
Apr 8, 2005, 11:12 AM
It seems okay, but to me it doesn't seem like a proper final boss fight. Santemillion did look quite cool, but he didn't really seem to have as many distinct phases as Falz and Olga..

Skorp told me he thought this would be too challenging for a bossfight, but from what I've seen, I think it should be okay as long as there's a proper FO around to spam Resta.

Tancient
Apr 8, 2005, 12:38 PM
When you don't know what you're doing, the boss is pretty challenging. But after that, its sadly cake. more eye candy (Which is what ep4 mostly is, right?) than a solid challenge. Solo I'd say its a little more difficult than the other two end bosses.

If you paid attention to the English part of the conversation, the camera getting stuck in the cutscene like that was a glitch. Its the only glitch I know of for the boss, but its also VERY common. First fight with him, it happened to one of my teammates. On my second fight with him, it happened to yet another teammate.

A run through underground desert 1-3 did yield me with 200k of xp. Plus boss xp. But no red boxes as usual. I think I'll still stick with pw1 for my xp runs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tancient on 2005-04-08 10:38 ]</font>

Skorpius
Apr 8, 2005, 12:44 PM
By challenge, I meant trying to do something so fucking dumb without knowing what the fuck you're doing.

Multiple arena areas. What the fuck?
Changing camera angles. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Sorry, even the music was shitty. Sounded like a damn circus.

Butoden
Apr 8, 2005, 01:09 PM
Anyone could predict you would react like this skorp http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif but you're sort of right. The music doesnt sound like traditional boss-fight-music http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Skorpius
Apr 8, 2005, 01:15 PM
I was actually waiting for this to blow my mind and own my arguments. It does the exact opposite.

Rianna_Type1
Apr 8, 2005, 01:46 PM
So, uh, when the hell does the Fanatic Viper music ever play? =(9

Ryna
Apr 8, 2005, 01:50 PM
On 2005-04-08 11:46, Rianna_Type1 wrote:

Perhaps it is being saved for a future boss/quest? That was the case for a few DC/GC songs.

Nai_Calus
Apr 8, 2005, 05:13 PM
Yeah, I'm with Skorp. I was waiting for this to blow me away.

Well, it did. I'm blown away at how incredibly uninspiring it is, and how they managed to have such an incredibly stupid glitch occur.

Come on, ST, Gal Gryphon is more exciting.

That thing had better have a second form. Because as it is, it's just kind of... STupid. >_>

dragoon-girl
Apr 8, 2005, 06:06 PM
On 2005-04-08 11:09, Butoden wrote:
Anyone could predict you would react like this skorp http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif but you're sort of right. The music doesnt sound like traditional boss-fight-music http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I kinda liked the music.. I dunno why.. It was differnt, It can't always be the same and 'traditional'

Fossil
Apr 8, 2005, 07:10 PM
Wow, that's a huge file. Even for cable :|

dragoon-girl
Apr 8, 2005, 08:30 PM
On 2005-04-08 17:10, Fossil wrote:
Wow, that's a huge file. Even for cable :|

It is?? >_>

Quo
Apr 8, 2005, 09:00 PM
I thought it was pretty cool. I'd like to try it out, you know, just for the experience. Probably not going to happen though.

I couldn't hear the music. Blargh.

Weaponslash
Apr 8, 2005, 11:41 PM
Really interesting fight i can not say.I did not liked the music so much like Dark Falz or Olgas but i guess it does the job.Any crazy chance of doing the same for the rare variant of the boss? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.That would rock http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Puppet_Papaya
Apr 9, 2005, 12:11 AM
I myself do like the music. Yeah, it's different, but that's why it's great! Kenichi Tokoi is leading PSO's music in a grand new direction!

Tancient
Apr 9, 2005, 12:16 AM
On 2005-04-08 21:41, Weaponslash wrote:
Really interesting fight i can not say.I did not liked the music so much like Dark Falz or Olgas but i guess it does the job.Any crazy chance of doing the same for the rare variant of the boss? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.That would rock http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Thats why I didn't post one earlier. I'll keep it ready for the rare boss, and showit when I get it to appear.

Getintothegame
Apr 9, 2005, 12:35 AM

The super rare second form?

Tycho
Apr 9, 2005, 05:21 AM
On 2005-04-08 22:35, Getintothegame wrote:

The super rare rare form?

adamgnome104
Apr 9, 2005, 03:26 PM
The music is pretty cool, and this boss is pretty orginal. Must be annoying to run back and forth though, unless you had 2 people at each area.

The Gaint green metoerite reminds me of Kryptonite. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif Don't make any superman characters. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Getintothegame
Apr 9, 2005, 06:00 PM
On 2005-04-09 03:21, Tycho wrote:

Oh, whoops. I've been told that sometimes there is a rare second form. So, let me get this right:

There is a rare form, and the chances of seeing it are around 1/50?
There is no rare second form?

Tancient
Apr 9, 2005, 10:50 PM
On 2005-04-09 16:00, Getintothegame wrote:

On 2005-04-09 03:21, Tycho wrote:

Oh, whoops. I've been told that sometimes there is a rare second form. So, let me get this right:

There is a rare form, and the chances of seeing it are around 1/50?
There is no rare second form?

Correct.

Getintothegame
Apr 9, 2005, 10:51 PM
Alright then, how about the rare form of the boss? Does it use the Fanatic Viper music?

Tancient
Apr 9, 2005, 10:57 PM
Don't know. I haven't gotten it to show up. I'll have a video up once it does though.

Hrith
Apr 10, 2005, 06:20 AM
We appreciate it, Tancient =]

RoninJoku
Apr 11, 2005, 10:11 AM
Anyone want to post me a few screens? My comp can't play divx codec movies :'(

anwserman
Apr 11, 2005, 11:03 PM
http://www.divx.com
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Blitzkommando
Apr 11, 2005, 11:29 PM
Before I say this, let me say I am likely going to pick up PSOBB when it launches here stateside. I am just playing devil's advocate here. Episode II added something that forever changed the gameplay of PSO, and I am actually almost stunned nobody has mentioned this. Episode II did something that Episode I never did, multiple enemy resistances in the same area, the same room even. While this may not seem important at first let us consider this, Episode I could easily be fought with one set of percents on a weapon per area. Episode II changed all that forever.

In Episode II, the first room you encounter in Temple what do you get? Native, Altered Beast and Dark, all in the same room. Spaceship, goes even further to add machine to the mix. I think this was a very important step which, I am guessing, has reappeared in Episode IV. I just felt this was an important point to make as it did change gameplay, even if just a little.

My question is, has something as simple and basic as this been done in Episode IV? I am not being sarcastic, I am truely asking because frankly I don't know myself. I would like to know so as to see just how much truely was changed gameplay-wise in Episode IV over both Episodes I and II.

Para
Apr 11, 2005, 11:33 PM
If you are asking if there is a mixture of enemy attributes then yes there is except VERY little in wilds http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Blitzkommando
Apr 11, 2005, 11:42 PM
On 2005-04-11 21:33, Nites wrote:
If you are asking if there is a mixture of enemy attributes then yes there is except VERY little in wilds http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Well, I meant, has there been another major gameplay change that could be considered akin to the introduction of multiple enemy attributes in the same area/room?

RoninJoku
Apr 12, 2005, 12:53 AM
On 2005-04-11 21:03, anwserman wrote:
http://www.divx.com
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

My computer can't run divx... I've tried >.<# Is there anywhere I can find screenshots? ; ;

Skorpius
Apr 12, 2005, 12:55 AM
On 2005-04-11 21:42, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:

On 2005-04-11 21:33, Nites wrote:

Well, I meant, has there been another major gameplay change that could be considered akin to the introduction of multiple enemy attributes in the same area/room?

Resistance to specific weapoon types, I presume. LOLZ UR GUN DUN HURT MEH.

EDIT: Weapwn. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-04-11 22:55 ]</font>

Para
Apr 12, 2005, 01:30 AM
Well you could count that... but its not exactly resistance... since your gun can nail Satelite Lizards When their horn is not facing you.

Deissa
Apr 12, 2005, 04:08 AM
Well, it seems that the 'Fanatic Viper' ogg is finally able to be d/led through the patch d/l. Just gotta see what it's for now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cadamar on 2005-04-12 04:42 ]</font>

Tycho
Apr 12, 2005, 04:57 AM
On 2005-04-11 22:55, Skorpius wrote:
Resistance to specific weapoon types, I presume. LOLZ UR GUN DUN HURT MEH.

EDIT: Weapwn. :disapprove:

Weapoon? :o

So um, BB players..

PLAY TEH DAROGN MOR BECUZ U CAN C TEH RAR VRESOIN!!!1

Maridia
Apr 12, 2005, 12:20 PM
Alright, I went into that movie with the wrong idea. See, I finished it, stopped and thought for a second, measured strengths and weaknesses in my head, and said "It was okay."

However, that was when I was under the impression it was a NORMAL boss XD Oh my god, that is a horribly laughable final boss. I sure hope the rare version is worth it.

And about the music, well.. yeah. Sure it's kinda bad. But is first and second form Falz's music very good? Hell no. It's not the worst, but it's not very good. It's no third form Falz, that's for sure. That's the normal form of the boss, right? So it has subpar music. I guess Fanatic Viper will play for the rare one. Although, Fanatic Viper isn't that great anyway. Idola The Strange Fruits from ep3 rocks its face. Anyway, the only difference between the normal subpar forms and the cool forms are the fact that at least third form falz was always there.

And as disappointing as that was (for a final boss), it kind of lifted my heart to see new pso stuff. I'd like new stuff. Nothing wrong with the old stuff, but it would be great to have something new to do with friends, that you haven't done a million times now. I found myself cheering the ramar at the end XP We should have more videos of stuff.

So yeah, anyway, that thing would make a great NORMAL boss. Then they would have an excuse, and it would be kind of interesting as far as what people are used to. Woo, looking forwards to seeing this rare form.

Para
Apr 12, 2005, 02:32 PM
I wouldn't say that is that disappointing since unlike other normal bosses or early bosses, Santemillion has the ability to dish out damage unlike some bosses.. like dragon or de rol le. And when he dishes out damage, he does it pretty damn good job of it. (well that is my experience from playing ult santemillion)

anwserman
Apr 12, 2005, 03:41 PM
I think he'd be a fun boss. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif
Anyway, I uploaded a smaller video to my website (16 meg if I'm correct) if anyone wants to download that instead of the huge ass 162 MB file.

http://www.lucky-s-designs.com/PSO/ep4boss.wmv

Getintothegame
Apr 13, 2005, 02:03 AM
Can someone take me to the boss tomorrow late night, on normal mode?

Saint Emilion seems to be the English translation.
The rare form seems to have tentacles...

I guess that the rare form was just activated with the release of the music. Maybe this will help us find it? The other page seems to be almost a hacking/bugging website when we first learned about the rare form.

*needs to look into this*

After looking into this, it seems that even in the GSL, there is no rare form skin. Unless the rare form is in the skin for the regular boss09, it seems like there isn't even a skin for it.

Also, if the skin WAS released and I just can't find it, there must have been no music playing in the background since it was looking for slbgm_boss09b.ogg and it didn't exist at the time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2005-04-13 00:21 ]</font>

Deissa
Apr 13, 2005, 02:27 AM
I guess that the rare form was just activated with the release of the music. Maybe this will help us find it? The other page seems to be almost a hacking/bugging website when we first learned about the rare form.

No, I know someone who's seen the rare form before the last update.

PJ
Apr 13, 2005, 07:33 AM
Well, I just downloaded answerman's version of the video (I tried Tancient's a few days ago, but the downloading stopped just before it finished >_<) and I must say... I have no idea what any of you are talking about! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

The boss itself is presented so well, and it looks cool. The music also works, and this, even though it's not the awesome Fanatic Viper music, is better than Dark Falz1/2 and Olga Flow 2.

Frankly, he looks way more fun to fight than Dark Falz, and maybe even Olga Flow.

The only downside I can see to this is that it didn't seem very strong. Not how long it lasted (Lasted way longer than Falz or Olga would have) but how much damage it was doing. Nothing major, anyways.

Unless this video was done in Very Hard, and if it was... http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

So, in the end, I WANT BB just for Episode 4, but the GC stuff I'd loose far outweighs the awesome looking Episode 4 http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

sviatgabor
Apr 13, 2005, 09:18 AM
Holy crap, now that was some ep4 action right there!!! Wow!

RoninJoku
Apr 13, 2005, 09:29 AM
On 2005-04-12 13:41, anwserman wrote:
I think he'd be a fun boss. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif
Anyway, I uploaded a smaller video to my website (16 meg if I'm correct) if anyone wants to download that instead of the huge ass 162 MB file.

Hooray! I can play this one! Thanks pal!

Hmm... interesting boss... =/

Para
Apr 13, 2005, 04:26 PM
ill watch the video and confirm if its ult or vhard

ok its ult for sure...
what confuses me is what looks like heaven punishment.. the damage is mediocre.

Tancient
Apr 14, 2005, 02:37 AM
On 2005-04-12 13:41, anwserman wrote:

Thanks answerman, I'm a sucker for quality, so I like to leave it at a good rate. Maybe I could have you do that with future videos though? lol

The rare form was released before, but he just had the regular music I think. I haven't been able to pin down an exact answer on the music yet, and I haven't really played ep4 since the update to find out.

Yeah, the video is in Ult. I think I should point out a few things though:

1. Right before the boss fight, we did a 4-way PB combo.

2. I've fought the boss a few times before, so I knew how to avoid most of the attacks, and everyone else also was fairly apt.

3. The Heaven's Punisher-like attack (Where he shoots the beam and it hits the meteor, right?) Deals less damage the further away from the center you are. If I was right next to the meteor, I likely would've died.

4. I believe all of our weapons (All as in everyone playing) had at least some % in dark as well, which only further attributed to the simplicity.

anwserman
Apr 18, 2005, 06:13 PM
Tancient...
Just let me know. I have tons of webspace that need to use, and I typically go for a blend of quality and size, so yeah. I'll host.

I SO want PSOBB now. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2005-04-18 16:14 ]</font>

Saiffy
Apr 18, 2005, 06:28 PM
I was just going to avoid this. But what the hell...

It really looks like it could have been done better. Looks like ST slapped it together(Well, not looks wise, but you get the idea). The damage seems to minimal and all the attacks(Save the punishment) seem very dodgeable(Yes, I am saying that the players in that movie weren't all that good).

One thing that seems to irk me is the lack of attacks really. It seems to just swim around and have those spinning things do most of the work.

All this and combined with the overall buginess make me http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

PJ
Apr 18, 2005, 07:01 PM
Buginess?

There seems to be one glitch, and it doesn't seem to happen overly often. Not to mention, it's fixable.

What about dupe/multi-equip/stacking? Does that make the GC version overly buggy? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Saiffy
Apr 18, 2005, 07:04 PM
On 2005-04-18 17:01, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
Buginess?

There seems to be one glitch, and it doesn't seem to happen overly often. Not to mention, it's fixable.

What about dupe/multi-equip/stacking? Does that make the GC version overly buggy? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Three people having to leave for it to even die?(Unless that's part of the fight, if so http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gifx2)

Camera staying in the punishment view?

And PSO really has never had any bugs that effect the actual mechanics of the game. You can argue that duping and multi-equipping ruins 'your' gameplay, but that's just beating the dead horse some more.

Tancient
Apr 18, 2005, 07:24 PM
The last update fixed that glitch though. They release the content earlyish, and if bugs are discovered, they fix them. Its what makes BB so great.

And yes, all the attacks are easily avoidable, which makes this boss so much easier than the underground desert area, unfortunately. I still haven't seen the rare version, which I hope actually presents a challenge.

Saiffy
Apr 18, 2005, 07:26 PM
On 2005-04-18 17:24, Tancient wrote:
The last update fixed that glitch though. They release the content earlyish, and if bugs are discovered, they fix them. Its what makes BB so great.

And yes, all the attacks are easily avoidable, which makes this boss so much easier than the underground desert area, unfortunately. I still haven't seen the rare version, which I hope actually presents a challenge.

Ah ok. I was sure hoping ST wasn't thinking they could get away with that >_>;

Para
Apr 19, 2005, 10:39 AM
I too am plannin to look for the rare version... And Im sure the attacks are avoidable.. a lot of attacks in any boss were avoidable if you moved correctly except some of the techs like rafoie, rabarta and grants. Olga Flow as I recall you can easily dodge most of his attacks not to mention olga flow goes into a runt sometimes and doesn't do shit for a few minutes.

I've also looked at the picture of the Rare boss and it seems it doesn't have the missile launcher horns? Maybe the rare boss indeed have different attacks? I was hoping SEGA would actually make it so in ultimate that when it launches missiles that it launches it like a Baranz in ultimate which indeed would make the battle better. The heaven punishment is mediocre which some people said and easily dodged. The light beam is not too bad with its sweeping attack but also can be easily dodged if you knew how to. Orio do you know what that 'rawr' does? i seen the boss 'rawr' a few times and it doesn't really do anything >_> oh well lets hope sega will continuingly update the boss and give it more shit.