PDA

View Full Version : Tamagotchi anyone?

goku4ever
Apr 4, 2005, 03:54 AM
Has anyone here got one of the "new" tamagotchis? I mean its not new but its the newest and its called tamagotchi connexions. I have and Ive had it since like end of July last year and its the 28th Generation.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 4, 2005, 04:51 AM
I think I saw these at Toys R Us(chain toy/games/videogames store) for like $30 a piece.

I went through the whole phase of EVERYONE and their mom and dad having one almost a decade ago and was befuddled to why there were new ones, for full price, maybe even more than what I remember them costing.

Well. I didn't buy it, long story short.

I wish that there would be those other electronic trinkets that are sold in Japan/Asia that make noises whenever someone fits your preferences of a mate, sold out over here. Those are interesting to say the least, and a hell of a lot more innovative than stupid teenie boppers with crappy $3/month ringtones and ugly cell phones.

goku4ever
Apr 4, 2005, 04:57 AM
yea i remember that fad, I had one back then aswell but back then I never could keep it alive very long

Daikarin
Apr 4, 2005, 09:36 AM
http://www.studio42.com/vidgame/Tamagotchi/images/tama1-growth.jpg

Someone gave me one long ago, it was interesting. My parents freak out when I mention real pets, therefore that was all I had.

I sure let it die a lot though. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Outrider
Apr 4, 2005, 11:13 AM
I had the original Digimon. Now that was sweet.

I "battled" my friends all the time during school.

Unfortunately, the connecting used up the batteries a lot quicker so that Digimon never lasted as long as Tamagotchi.

Jehosaphaty
Apr 4, 2005, 05:24 PM
On 2005-04-04 09:13, Outrider wrote:

Unfortunately, the connecting used up the batteries a lot quicker so that Digimon never lasted as long as Tamagotchi.

Hmm was that the version that counted your steps and randomly when you hit a certain number you battled or found a new digimon or it evolved or something? I can't remember, but I'm sure I had one.

Zelutos
Apr 4, 2005, 05:30 PM
I still have my Digivice! Man..i should put some batteries in it and walk around school with it clipped to my backpack XD

Scrub
Apr 4, 2005, 05:38 PM
On 2005-04-04 15:24, Jehosaphaty wrote:

Hmm was that the version that counted your steps and randomly when you hit a certain number you battled or found a new digimon or it evolved or something? I can't remember, but I'm sure I had one.

It was the one before I think that goddamn show came out, I remember it. It looked like a brick structure with like a broken cage where the screen was or something. Holy shit that kicked ass.

Alielle
Apr 4, 2005, 06:49 PM
I had one of those original Tamagotchi. I lost interest in it quite a while before the batteries died, and it ended up getting lost somewhere in my room. However, I swear it was a year or two later (in the middle of the night, no less) when it started making these really sick-sounding groany noises. Scared the crap out of me until I figured out what was doing it.

Lesson learned: Don't neglect your virtual pets, or they will come back to haunt you. o_o

Sacred_One
Apr 4, 2005, 07:05 PM
While I was in Japan, I heard it was popular so my friends gave some to me. At first it was nice to have something to take care of, but later on people get annoyed because it beeps in the middle of the night. However it doesn't bother me.

Zelutos
Apr 4, 2005, 07:07 PM
On 2005-04-04 15:38, GreyPhantasm wrote:

On 2005-04-04 15:24, Jehosaphaty wrote:

It was the one before I think that goddamn show came out, I remember it. It looked like a brick structure with like a broken cage where the screen was or something. Holy shit that kicked ass.

Haha! I had two of those, one of the digivice, one of the second version of digivice, and that one that looked like a pocket organizer! I was soooo obsessed XD

Solstis
Apr 4, 2005, 07:08 PM
On 2005-04-04 16:49, Alielle wrote:
I had one of those original Tamagotchi. I lost interest in it quite a while before the batteries died, and it ended up getting lost somewhere in my room. However, I swear it was a year or two later (in the middle of the night, no less) when it started making these really sick-sounding groany noises. Scared the crap out of me until I figured out what was doing it.

Lesson learned: Don't neglect your virtual pets, or they will come back to haunt you. o_o

I had a Furby, which I swore died randomly about a week after using it (either that, or I killed it, dunno).

So, I threw it in the closet, until one night, it woke up.

This was early morning, mind you. I. Was. Freaked. Out.

PJ
Apr 4, 2005, 08:06 PM
I had a tamagatchi before. It was a Rancor (Star Wars, in case I spelt it wrong >_>)! Loved it so much XD

I still have it to. Probably died 10000 times over >_>

Outrider
Apr 5, 2005, 03:37 AM
On 2005-04-04 17:07, Zelutos wrote:

Haha! I had two of those, one of the digivice, one of the second version of digivice, and that one that looked like a pocket organizer! I was soooo obsessed XD

No, Zel. The original Digimon was essentially a spin-off of Tamagotchi. There was no television show out when this came out. There were no digivices.

As Grey pointed out, it was rectangle in shape, and made to look like it was made out of brick. There was a plastic piece around the screen to look like the broken bars of a cage. Other than that, it played almost exactly like the original Tamagotchi. You would feed it and play games with it. Then, once it evolved, you would connect it with another person who had a Digimon. Depending on how often you played with it (I think), one monster would win the battle. That was about it.

And man, it was awesome. Back in middle school it was all I did for a few months before the batteries died.

goku4ever
Apr 5, 2005, 04:32 AM
I think I remember seeing that in a shop once but I never bought it. But the new Tamagotchi doesnt ever beep in the night

Daikarin
Apr 5, 2005, 08:51 AM
On 2005-04-05 02:32, goku4ever wrote:
I think I remember seeing that in a shop once but I never bought it. But the new Tamagotchi doesnt ever beep in the night

That sucks, for one side. It's supposed to resemble a real pet, that will give you a pain in the ass through night, like a dog barking or a baby crying.

Of course, I too slammed the hell out of it when it bugged me.

Cyber_Maid
Apr 5, 2005, 06:47 PM
Just put new batteries in my old tama about 3 weeks ago, and it still lives.
I was cleaning up my room when i found it, forgot all about it...and i thought i'd let it live again.
Mine doesn't wake up in the middle of the night, i know so cause i go to bed at 5 am.
It does stay awake longer when it ages...fun things, but i want a new one.
The characters you can get are getting boring, and it's so limited.

I'm thinking of getting one of those things the girls from the anime Pretty Cure have.
It's a tamagotchi that works with cards you slide in some slot.
Yeah, the things are pretty big http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kupi
Apr 6, 2005, 02:28 PM
I will admit to having owned both a Tamagotchi and a Digimon (the tiny spin-off kind described above) in middle school. There was exactly one other person with a Digimon at that entire school, and he was, unfortunately, better at it than I was. One time he managed to get the "secret form" which was essentially a huge dragon that fired missles. It actually killed my Digimon! I'm serious. You know how they'd eventually "time out" and you'd have to start a new one? Right after a battle with that thing, my Digimon up and quit. O_o

space_butler
Apr 6, 2005, 02:53 PM
On 2005-04-06 12:28, Kupi wrote:
I will admit to having owned both a Tamagotchi and a Digimon (the tiny spin-off kind described above) in middle school. There was exactly one other person with a Digimon at that entire school, and he was, unfortunately, better at it than I was. One time he managed to get the "secret form" which was essentially a huge dragon that fired missles. It actually killed my Digimon! I'm serious. You know how they'd eventually "time out" and you'd have to start a new one? Right after a battle with that thing, my Digimon up and quit. O_o

you mean one of the ultimate form ones? I think there were at leats 2 of those, the dragon and some wierd alien thing (I only ever managed the dragon once) im pretty sure i still know where my digimon, tamagotchi and digivice all are too

Outrider
Apr 6, 2005, 07:30 PM
There was the Dinosaur with the metal head (which I got), the weird circle thing with bombs for hands, and then the teddy bear. Those were the three secret Digimon.

Zelutos
Apr 6, 2005, 08:52 PM
On 2005-04-05 01:37, Outrider wrote:

On 2005-04-04 17:07, Zelutos wrote:

No, Zel. The original Digimon was essentially a spin-off of Tamagotchi. There was no television show out when this came out. There were no digivices.

As Grey pointed out, it was rectangle in shape, and made to look like it was made out of brick. There was a plastic piece around the screen to look like the broken bars of a cage. Other than that, it played almost exactly like the original Tamagotchi. You would feed it and play games with it. Then, once it evolved, you would connect it with another person who had a Digimon. Depending on how often you played with it (I think), one monster would win the battle. That was about it.

And man, it was awesome. Back in middle school it was all I did for a few months before the batteries died.

I know what they are. By "haha! i had two of those, one....etc" i ment i had 2 of those old ones from before the show, then when the show came out, i started collecting the show ones. I'm not as stupid as some people make me out to be http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Outrider
Apr 6, 2005, 08:53 PM
On 2005-04-06 18:52, Zelutos wrote:
I know what they are. By "haha! i had two of those, one....etc" i ment i had 2 of those old ones from before the show, then when the show came out, i started collecting the show ones. I'm not as stupid as some people make me out to be http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Fair 'nuff.

Neith
Apr 7, 2005, 10:04 AM
I remember having a cheap fake Tamagotchi, by fake I mean an 'unofficial' one. It wouldnt live for more than 8 days and a few hours, died, born, 8 days later, it died, regardless how ypu treated it. I remember the queues for them when they were released...

adamgnome104
Apr 7, 2005, 02:05 PM
I actually did buy one, it had Tamagotchi-buttsex!! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

And then it died becaue I left it in my bookbag. And then the battery ran out and I can't replace it. XP

AYY-BEE-CEE
Apr 7, 2005, 03:30 PM
lol I had one that always died after three days. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I would have thought it is a bit early for it to come back again and be the latest toy - another ten years at least!

Thalui89
Apr 8, 2005, 01:52 PM
I used to have a tomagotchi, it had dinosaurs on myn http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif but i kinda killed it because i threw it against my kitchen floor because it kept turning off.....hat sums up the end of my tomagotchi'slife with me..........

Sef
Apr 10, 2005, 06:26 PM
On 2005-04-06 17:30, Outrider wrote:
There was the Dinosaur with the metal head (which I got), the weird circle thing with bombs for hands, and then the teddy bear. Those were the three secret Digimon.

Metal Greymon, Mamemon, and Teddymon. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

space_butler
Apr 11, 2005, 01:05 PM
On 2005-04-10 16:26, Sef wrote:

On 2005-04-06 17:30, Outrider wrote:

Metal Greymon, Mamemon, and Teddymon. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

but there were 2 versions of the origional digimon, the later one with the alien, dragon (NOT metalgreymon) and maybe the whale (i cant remember) is translucent, and the older one isnt.