PDA

View Full Version : Same old items

ALEXT
Apr 4, 2005, 01:17 PM
does it really annoy anyone else when your looking for rare items and after several runs you find a red box but when you get it tekked you find its accually an item you have five of already i swear i must have 6 DB's sabers

CrazyJ
Apr 4, 2005, 01:22 PM
On 2005-04-04 11:17, ALEXT wrote:
does it really annoy anyone else when your looking for rare items and after several runs you find a red box but when you get it tekked you find its accually an item you have five of already i swear i must have 6 DB's sabers

Nah, I don't mind. I check the weapon's percents and then drop it if the percents are bad. I keep anything with 40% to hit or higher, even junk like Blade Dances.

I end up passing those weapons on to my lower level characters or to my friend from work that just started playing PSO.

-- J

ALEXT
Apr 4, 2005, 01:24 PM
whats your favorite weapon?

CrazyJ
Apr 4, 2005, 01:27 PM
uh, the mods might get onto you for asking a second question in the same post, but...

I love my Demolition Comet with 30 % Dark and 25% hit. I own the Ultimate ruins with it. My Red Sword comes in handy too. And of course I don't leave my bank without my trusty Drain Vulcans 40/50/0/0/50%

On my Rangers it would have to be my Spread Needle and Red Mechs

-- J

ALEXT
Apr 4, 2005, 01:29 PM
compaired to that i have some pretty crappy items my best is a flowens sword+21 and grass assasins sabers+25

CrazyJ
Apr 4, 2005, 01:32 PM
On 2005-04-04 11:29, ALEXT wrote:
compaired to that i have some pretty crappy items my best is a flowens sword+21 and grass assasins sabers+25

Well, I have over 400 Hours on my Purplenum HUnewearl (level 135) and nearly 200 hours on my other three characters combined (Levels 111 RAmar, 104 RAmarl, level 25 FOne) so just keep at it and you'll get better gear as you go (often when you're not expecting it).

-- J

ALEXT
Apr 4, 2005, 01:34 PM
my best character is a level 69 HUmar

darkdeliverer
Apr 11, 2005, 08:41 PM
by now i must have 2 club of laconiums and 4 db sabers and 5 crush bullets.it's so damn ANNOYING.

Graptakular83
Apr 11, 2005, 09:09 PM
My viridia humar has an unfortunately large collection of final impacts and crush bullets, now THATS annoying.

EJ
Apr 11, 2005, 09:10 PM
I don't mind since I can just donate them for team points but on cube yea it got really annoying that after awhile I just left them on the ground.

Notos
Apr 11, 2005, 09:17 PM
It only gets annoying when you hope for photon drop from an enemy that drops common rare and get the rare instead. But still shouldn't complain so much. I'm lv133 and am still using a glaive and a gatling, so there. At least you have multiple copies of rare items.

darkdeliverer
Apr 11, 2005, 09:32 PM
at least you can find rares.my HUmar can't find shit for his life

Notos
Apr 11, 2005, 09:38 PM
DB sword, liberator diska, braveman diska, mace of adaman, etc. that I find are not rare... -_-

If you want them, just go online. Nobody wants these 9 star junk anyway and they'll probably just drop it next to the bank after a run.

Ryna
Apr 12, 2005, 08:56 AM
On 2005-04-11 19:32, darkdeliverer wrote:
at least you can find rares.my HUmar can't find shit for his life

I'll let you in a on a little secret about this game: The really good stuff is usually exclusive to the Ultimate and finding any of it can take a while.

From your posts, it sounds like you are currently on Hard/Very Hard. Just wait until you get into Very Hard/Ultimate before you start worrying about finding rare weapons.

When I first started out, I was using a Visk and Crush Bullet until I got to around level 95. You just need to keep playing and hopefully you'll have some good luck.

Neith
Apr 12, 2005, 09:20 AM
Ryna's right on this. Most nice weapons, armor etc drop in Ultimate mode (there are a couple in other difficulties, but mainly Ultimate) When I started a HUnewearl, I got to lv90ish with a Last Survivor, Blade Dance and Varista. After a while, you can start phasing out your weaker equipment for stronger, more suitable items.

From Last Survivor-> To Chain Sawd
From Blade Dance-> To S-Red's Blade
From Varista-> To Red Handgun

Just keep playing, eventually, better items will drop, may take a while though, so don't expect a miracle cure once you hit Ultimate. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

adamgnome104
Apr 12, 2005, 01:07 PM
>_> The other day I was playing with someone from PSOW and we found 3 Cross Scars in Temple Alpha/Beta. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Stag
Apr 13, 2005, 01:21 AM
Annoying was way back in the day when rare boxes looked the same as regular boxes and you found like 8 DB Sabers in one ruins run..... At least now you know you have a rare item.... I would have to complain about the difficulty to find some of the rares tho... Soooo many Mil Lillies (oroti)... Yet no oroti... Not to mention all the other rare hunting I've done...