PDA

View Full Version : I need someone to hold me and tell me everything will be all

Quo
Apr 4, 2005, 04:38 PM
OK, here's the deal.

When my beloved FOmarl hit level 152, I noticed that her MST was maxed. Hooray, thought I, soon she can ditch one of these God/Minds. When I unequipped a God/Mind, she was exactly 40 Points away from max.

Now my FOmarl is level 154; and on a whim, I checked her MST without one of the God/Minds. Son of a gun, her MST was still exactly 40 points away from max.

I heard on DC that stats stopped growing if you maxed them with units/mags. I thought this was fixed in EP 1&2 though. Have I been losing out on stats, or does the FOmarl not gain MST from 152-154? Will I need to unequip a unit each time I'm about to level up?

If there's a guide or sticky I missed, feel free to call me bad names.

Tycho
Apr 4, 2005, 05:01 PM
Forces should gain MST on each level. When I asked Ryna about this, he asked me what version I played. When I told him I had PSO-NTSC, he said it should be alright. So.. I'm not sure about other versions. x_x;

Skorpius
Apr 4, 2005, 05:02 PM
It's a glitch. Just move to another area, warp, or save/quit and check later.

Hrith
Apr 4, 2005, 05:15 PM
Yes, and this was fixed since v2.

Quo
Apr 4, 2005, 05:15 PM
On 2005-04-04 15:02, Skorpius wrote:

Tried just now. Didn't work.

Also remember that this is over the course of two levels, entailing many warps, quest loads, and save/quits.

Quo
Apr 4, 2005, 05:17 PM
On 2005-04-04 15:15, Kef wrote:
Yes, and this was fixed since v2.

Yes, what?

3v1L19
Apr 4, 2005, 05:17 PM
...You should gain Stats no matter if it's maxed out with a unit/mag or not. Just when you unequip that, it will be higher then before without the god/whatever mag with whatever stats. That's what I've always known..Keep in mind some stats don't go up every level, and I'm pretty sure it's randomized..so..keep leveling up and don't worry!

Mixfortune
Apr 4, 2005, 05:28 PM
On 2005-04-04 15:17, 3v1L19 wrote:
...You should gain Stats no matter if it's maxed out with a unit/mag or not. Just when you unequip that, it will be higher then before without the god/whatever mag with whatever stats. That's what I've always known..Keep in mind some stats don't go up every level, and I'm pretty sure it's randomized..so..keep leveling up and don't worry!

Stats aren't really that randomized... although sometimes you may see +ATA at different times due to decimals.

Quo, were you on Plus at all?
I thought something similar to this happened to my Humar's EVP, but I shrugged it off and counted it off to my mind playing tricks on me. Hmm..

Skorpius
Apr 4, 2005, 05:28 PM
You gain the stats. My FOmarl has used God/Arm for the longest time, her ata maxed for at least 5 levels, and is on track with her stats at level 180.

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 4, 2005, 05:32 PM
YOu said you're 40 points away and level 150 something? Leave the freaking unit unequipped. Its possible your disk got pressed wrong.

Quo
Apr 4, 2005, 05:33 PM
On 2005-04-04 15:28, Mixfortune wrote:

No, does that matter?

Does anyone have the base stats for a FOmarl at level 154? I suppose I could try to level her up tonight and use PSOW's info.

Mixfortune
Apr 4, 2005, 05:39 PM
On 2005-04-04 15:33, Quo wrote:

On 2005-04-04 15:28, Mixfortune wrote:

No, does that matter?

Does anyone have the base stats for a FOmarl at level 154? I suppose I could try to level her up tonight and use PSOW's info.

Not really (at "does that matter?"). I just seemed to remember it working fine previously, and I was playing on Plus when that EVP thing happened. That's why I asked, to see if that could be a possibility at all.

Given how the stats sometimes act differently from each other... can anyone confirm that it works correctly for MST, or EVP for that matter? Maybe ATA and such function correctly, while others do not.

yellow5
Apr 4, 2005, 05:55 PM
On 2005-04-04 15:02, Skorpius wrote:

It is a glitch. When you have maxed your stats but remove a stat unit (God/Mind, General/Power, etc.), it sometimes takes off the exact amount the unit gives.

For example, say your FOmar has 1320 MST and you put on a God/Mind to max his MST at 1340. Sometimes, when you remove the God/Mind, it will take off 40 and bring your MST to 1300.

To fix this, unequip and reequip your Mag.

Another glitch associated with maxed stats is sometimes, when you remove the stat unit, it wont lower your stats at all. From the above example, occasionally, when you take off the God/Mind, your MST will stay maxed (1340).

I'm pretty sure these are just graphical glitches and do not permanently affect your stats. In other words, if you remove the God/Mind and it shows that you have 1300 MST, you still have 1320 MST. Similarly, if you remove the God/Mind but it still shows 1340, you really only have 1320.

I hope that helps...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: yellow5 on 2005-04-04 16:03 ]</font>

Quo
Apr 4, 2005, 06:06 PM
On 2005-04-04 15:55, yellow5 wrote:

To fix this, unequip and reequip your Mag.

Tried it just now. Didn't work.

Skorpius
Apr 4, 2005, 06:08 PM
Then you've miscalculated, or are missing something.

yellow5
Apr 4, 2005, 06:09 PM
What is your base MST (everything unequipped)? Also, tell me everything that you have equip on your FOmarl (weapon, Mag stats, etc.).

Mixfortune
Apr 4, 2005, 06:10 PM
Save/quit with everything unequipped yet?
If that doesn't work, yellow5 may be correct in that it's just graphical... to test that, use the tech damage calculator to see if the damage coincides with the MST displayed, or the MST it should be at (without the God/Mind, of course).

It's also possible, if for the glitch to "reset" itself you'd need to move to another area or something, that saving the game while the glitch was in effect saved those stats? Meh.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2005-04-04 16:11 ]</font>

Hrith
Apr 4, 2005, 06:19 PM
Nah, never heard of such a thing, and I had Quo's glitch happen to me quite a few times, especially on my FOnewearl.

Like yellow5 said, unequip your mag and re-equip it (assuming your mag has mind).
After that the stats are back to normal, if you're still at 1244, that means that you should be at 1244, and that you had miscalculated 2 levels ago, or had a weapon that boosts MST equipped.

Quo
Apr 4, 2005, 06:26 PM
On 2005-04-04 16:09, yellow5 wrote:
What is your base MST (everything unequipped)? Also, tell me everything that you have equip on your FOmarl (weapon, Mag stats, etc.).

Base MST: 890

Equipment:
Agito (1983 model) +45
Aura Field
God/Mind
God/Mind
God/Mind
God/Ability
Rico's Earring
Sato 11/9/48/132 (I made it when I was a n00b and based my material diet around it OK? So don't laugh).

As near as I can tell from my records, I've used 69 Mind materials. My records are shit.

On 2005-04-04 16:10, Mixfortune wrote:
Save/quit with everything unequipped yet?

Tried it just now. Didn't work. I'll try the tech calculator here in a minute.

On such-and-such a date at such-and-such a time, Mix said:

It's also possible, if for the glitch to "reset" itself you'd need to move to another area or something, that saving the game while the glitch was in effect saved those stats? Meh.

That would suck.

Mixfortune
Apr 4, 2005, 06:28 PM
On 2005-04-04 16:26, Quo wrote:

On such-and-such a date at such-and-such a time, Mix said:

That would suck.

It's not a very probable situation, so I wouldn't worry too much about that... especially since something like this (if "permanent") would be easily fixable given a number of levels later, and not using the God/Mind.

Quo
Apr 4, 2005, 06:32 PM
On 2005-04-04 16:19, Kef wrote:
Nah, never heard of such a thing, and I had Quo's glitch happen to me quite a few times, especially on my FOnewearl.
That's actually a little comforting. . . as long as your FOnewearl isn't screwed.

Like yellow5 said, unequip your mag and re-equip it (assuming your mag has mind).
After that the stats are back to normal, if you're still at 1244, that means that you should be at 1244, and that you had miscalculated 2 levels ago, or had a weapon that boosts MST equipped.

My FOmarl's MST has been maxed since 152. I've asked the people who've seen it before this afternoon (when she hit 154). They've confirmed it was maxed. I haven't used anything other than her Agito since I got it.

I think you're right. I think I should have 1244, but I'm afraid it's because I haven't gained any MST for the past two levels.

yellow5
Apr 4, 2005, 07:03 PM
Just level up and recheck your base MST (everything unequipped). It shouldn't be 890, probably 895.

Check it: 40x3 (God/Minds) + 20 (God/Ability) + 132x2 (Mag MIND) = 404 MST from units/Mag.

890 + 404 = 1294 total MST. Actual MST is 1284 (FOmarl's max). If you had actually stopped gaining MST at some point, 1284 - 404 = 880 base MST. Q.E.D. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

For further confirmation: unequip everything again. Then equip your Mag, your God/Ability, and two (2) God/Minds (leave the third unequipped). You should have 1254 MST.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: yellow5 on 2005-04-04 17:10 ]</font>

Hrith
Apr 5, 2005, 05:33 AM
Yep, my FOnewearl is not screwed, I had 1695 MST not too long ago, instead of 1750, I did what yellow5 said, and I was back to 1750; happened to my RAmarl's EVP, too.

rena-ko
Apr 5, 2005, 05:39 AM
unequip those units, save, power off, power on, load.

if that doesnt fix it, you have to level once, then it will be fixed >_>

(lets hope so, my hunl's def ... or was it eva is off too, for some reason).

Skorpius
Apr 5, 2005, 09:48 AM
I'm 100% sure that it was proven that you do gain the level up stat increases even if you're already maxed with a unit or mag.

Neith
Apr 5, 2005, 09:54 AM
Similar kinda thing happened with my bro's RAmarl's ATA. She had 161 ATA, so she could use Frozen Shooter next level, provided ATA increased. Level up, and ATA +1. Checked her stats, and she still had 161 ATA. We turned the power off (after saving), and it made no difference. Level after that, her ATA went up 1 (according to the level up info that's displayed on screen), checked her stats, and her ATA was at 163.. I guess you just have to try what everyone's said, then try leveling up more, see if that makes a difference.

Quo
Apr 5, 2005, 04:43 PM
For any of you who still care:

I leveled up again. The glitch is still there. Removing a God/Mind takes away 40 MST. However, my base MST is 894, so it obviously increased this level.

Also since I was a multiple of 5 (155) I checked my base stats with PSOW's data. My calculations show that I have used 250 materials. If I had lost some stat growth it would have show 240 something or 230 something. All right, I'm not worried anymore. Thanks for all the help everyone.