PDA

View Full Version : Canabin Ring trick and getting rares

franticjohnny
Apr 5, 2005, 01:04 AM
If you do the trick with the canadan ring, where you kill them all except for the red one then pipe back and they all appear again, do they drop more items? And can the items be rare, I read the guide and it said no new items, which i didn't really understand, I figure it meant no new items dropped but that just didn't seem logical. Anyone know?

- -
edit: to clear a confusion

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2005-04-11 17:04 ]</font>

Skorpius
Apr 5, 2005, 01:21 AM
No.

Tareek
Apr 5, 2005, 04:42 AM
On 2005-04-04 23:04, franticjohnny wrote:
If you do the trick with the canadan ring, where you kill them all except for the red one then pipe back and they all appear again, do they drop more items? And can the items be rare, I read the guide and it said no new items, which i didn't really understand, I figure it meant no new items dropped but that just didn't seem logical. Anyone know?

as far as i know do they (canabin + canune) act the same way a split slime does. which means, that when you kill the canabins (i guess killing one will be enough) and leave the canune, pipe and come back, the ring will respawn, but the game will have them locked in as dead and thus they won't drop any more items (you'll get the exp though)
i did pipe canabins once to get exp and did notice, that after the first killing, they wouldnt drop items, so i guess it (unfortunately) is true! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Maridia
Apr 5, 2005, 04:59 AM
It seems like that would be an awfully annoying process. And I SWEAR I thought that said Canadian ring when I first read it. X_x

Tycho
Apr 5, 2005, 06:20 AM
Not just Canabins and Slimes, Mothverts too. Try it. After the first time they won't drop any boxes anymore.

Jason
Apr 8, 2005, 12:36 PM
On 2005-04-05 04:20, Tycho wrote:
Not just Canabins and Slimes, Mothverts too. Try it. After the first time they won't drop any boxes anymore.

Yeah I've noticed that, its not a bad exp trick for Ultimate. I haven't tried recoboxing yet but I'm not going to do that to level up.

I've created this similar topic way back, about the Pan Arms in Spaceship. And I think Hildelts/Hildebears/Hildetorrs/Hildeblue are the same. When it dies and you pipe up and back it'll live again as the dots on the map that are them won't vanish instantly when it dies. But I've done it on a "common" enemy and it lived.

If an enemy did die but didn't drop an item, you can still pipe back and forth for another chance for it to drop an item but only once per enemy. As if it did drop an item, you pipe back and forth to kill that same enemy again won't have a chance of dropping anything. Like it stated from someone, you'll still get exp. And this is how it works in offline mode, not online.

adamgnome104
Apr 8, 2005, 01:05 PM
On 2005-04-05 02:59, Maridia wrote:
It seems like that would be an awfully annoying process. And I SWEAR I thought that said Canadian ring when I first read it. X_x

>_> Same here.

It's impossible though, they don't drop anything after they are dead.

toly369
Apr 11, 2005, 03:30 PM
On 2005-04-08 11:05, adamgnome104 wrote:

On 2005-04-05 02:59, Maridia wrote:

>_> Same here.

I thought it said 'Canadian Ring' too. That's the only reason I read it. lol.