PDA

View Full Version : .beat Time System and rare pick ups.

Deschav
Apr 5, 2005, 03:39 AM
Does this .beat system actually effect rare pick up rates?

I've noticed that normally when the .beat time starts with 0 I find nothing, but after it hits 1 I find loads of rares. This fits in with a good mate of mine, who i play with. When he joins up its normally in around 000-100, between that time i find nothing. Before that if im on sooner, I find a fair few rares. Now last night we "clock" watched and at 102 I found a paku branch, at 105 i found a fatsia, 110 I found some armor (forget the name) and so on. Infact all the findings where of worth, not just rares, lots of material and magic.

Is this pure coencidence or what?

PatserGOUKI
Apr 5, 2005, 04:13 AM
On 2005-04-05 01:39, Deschav wrote:
Does this .beat system actually effect rare pick up rates?

I've noticed that normally when the .beat time starts with 0 I find nothing, but after it hits 1 I find loads of rares. This fits in with a good mate of mine, who i play with. When he joins up its normally in around 000-100, between that time i find nothing. Before that if im on sooner, I find a fair few rares. Now last night we "clock" watched and at 102 I found a paku branch, at 105 i found a fatsia, 110 I found some armor (forget the name) and so on. Infact all the findings where of worth, not just rares, lots of material and magic.

Is this pure coencidence or what?

Many theories and findings, but...

It's pure coincidence! So it does NOT affect the drop rates!

thank you

PatserGOUKI

CrazyJ
Apr 5, 2005, 11:20 AM
does anyone know with 100% certainty though? Isn't it possible that some areas have a better drop rate for items at certain times of the day?

Nah. But anything to keep it interesting for me http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

-- J

Dhylec
Apr 5, 2005, 12:03 PM
ah, looks like i have to repeat myself..
beat system is used for international time
it's meant to set up meeting & such for those with different timezones

as for rares, rares enemies & drops happen between beat 0-999
now, play your game 'legitly' between these beats & you are bound to find something