PDA

View Full Version : PSO BB: A Few questions

Orin654
Apr 5, 2005, 08:29 PM
1. Since this will be entirely online, Im assuming that there will be no teleping for rares. Even in the "offline mode" correct?

2. Can a gamepad AND keyboard be used together. IE map buttons for movement and attacks on a controller while mapping items on a keyboard.?

3. Is Sega keeping the cheating down in PSO BB if any.?

4. Does anyone know the exact date of release?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Orin654 on 2005-04-05 18:39 ]</font>

Mimimai
Apr 5, 2005, 08:37 PM
For cheating, They make new patches every time they see a cheat ( or from what I've heard..)
And the release date - There is no EXACT date, but I read up that it was coming out May 20th, July 21st, and August 31st.

Mixfortune
Apr 5, 2005, 08:49 PM
There is no piping in BB at all.
However, from what I've seen be said, they increased the frequency of rare monsters to account for this... I believe it was something like 1/256, as opposed to the original 1/512. If someone could confirm or deny that, though...

Either way, yes, even in the "offline" or "solo" mode, there is no piping (in the context you're using it in anyways, off course you can use ryuker and telepipes... just won't affect rare enemies).

Cynric
Apr 5, 2005, 08:59 PM
On 2005-04-05 18:29, Orin654 wrote:
1. Since this will be entirely online, Im assuming that there will be no teleping for rares. Even in the "offline mode" correct?
THere's a single player mode that's exactly the same as the consoles' offline mode, but you're still online when you play it.

Although I don't know if the rare enemy appearence rate has been lowered, I can say that I've found more rare enemies in my six months of BB than I ever did in my five years of DC and GC combined.

2. Can a gamepad AND keyboard be used together. IE map buttons for movement and attacks on a controller while mapping items on a keyboard.?
Yes. In fact, that's how I play.

3. Is Sega keeping the cheating down in PSO BB if any.?
With no more Action Replay, cheating has been mostly squashed as it is. Twelve year olds can no longer punch numbers into a program for an afternoon and walk around like God. To cheat in BB you need actual data hacking knowledge, something no one will learn just to hack items for a game. And yes, ST is trying their best to keep it down this time. They've already patched a duping glitch.

Orin654
Apr 5, 2005, 09:34 PM
Thanks to everyone that replied