PDA

View Full Version : Cologne baths! #@%$

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 7, 2005, 02:27 AM
You have all been around someone in the world who is wearing too much cologne or perfume at one time or another in your lives, I'm pretty sure of it.

Look. Its okay to be an idiot. Just don't make it painfully obvious you are an idiot by wearing way too much perfume, way more than enough to cause headaches to everyone standing within 15 feet of you jackasses.

Most of it smells "cheap" or "nasty."
I work in a restaurant, as I always seem to mention everywhere around here. If I am a good 7 feet away in length from a customer, over two countertops, with food(and thus the smells of food) all around me, and the only scents I can smell are your damn perfumes, I hate you!

You smell like a department store after you walked through a dozen times and in classic movie stereotype fashion, had yourself unwillingly sprayed with scents.

I blame it all on these high school kids and old ladies. Sure that's wrong and all, since this is all opinion on whether colgones/perfumes smell bad or not. Its also steroetypical of me to blame two kinds of people. I use colognes on occasion, not everyday- twelve times over like some people seem to do.

When did people become this horrible concerning everyday cleanliness and grooming?!

Spraying yourself head to toe in scents doesn't make you any cleaner. Bathing or showering does. Sprays are not nearly a good enough substitute. If you do bathe, then do this to yourself(douse yourself with scents), you might have a problem. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Skorpius
Apr 7, 2005, 03:31 AM
Some people think they can mask their unsteady hygiene practices such as bathing with overdoses of cover-up products such as Perfume or Cologne.

Deathscythealpha
Apr 7, 2005, 05:11 AM
Erk, I hate it when you get people doused like that.It always seems to be the really nasty smelling stuff and it always goes to the back of everyones throat.

I think your right about the high school kids being prime culprits for this, most likly due to them showing off and trying to impress the girls. I just try to serve them as quick as possible and get their smell out of the shop.

3v1L19
Apr 7, 2005, 05:46 AM
Most high school boys wear Axe. My cologne rule of thumb, is never buy cologne at a store that sells grocery products. Three squirts that's all it takes. Get the arm pits, and whatever your third most stinky place might be. That's ALL that's necessary.

Women on the other hand can use more, because, it's normally a mild, wild flower smell. As long as it's not musky it's fine.

Tell me, how many of you don't like to see a cute girl walk by and then take a sniff of that awesome smell. Whatever it may be.

Hrith
Apr 7, 2005, 05:53 AM
Skorpius covered it, and since they use so much of it, it is usually "cheap" which makes it worse.

rena-ko
Apr 7, 2005, 12:18 PM
believe me, i met both today, a totally sweaty truckerguy who obviously didnt bathe for about 2 days and a lady that must have drunken a whole perfume bottle.

i definitely prefered the lady although it was hard breathing near her...

Solstis
Apr 7, 2005, 01:11 PM
On 2005-04-07 03:46, 3v1L19 wrote:

Tell me, how many of you don't like to see a cute girl walk by and then take a sniff of that awesome smell. Whatever it may be.

I don't. It makes me want to kick small puppies.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Roll-on Axe isn't that bad, but the spray should be used with caution.

navci
Apr 7, 2005, 01:13 PM
On 2005-04-07 03:46, 3v1L19 wrote:

Except when you breath you start to cough.
AT one point in some class that I was in, I was sitting behind a person who has obviously bathe herself in perfume for the past week. I almost passed out because of how strong that scent is.

Though, if you are wearing the perfume, after 2 seconds your nose is numb to it and you won't smell it anymore. Which would usually lead to you thinking the scent has faded and add a couple more sprays, story goes on and you'll have one very nasty smelling self. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I just you just need to learn how much is enough (usually a good 3 sprays, depending on what you are using, for example "flowerbykenzo" you only need 1 drop, anymore than that you'll be killing people on streets). Ya. Knocking people out with your scent, smelly or good smelly, just doesn't do it.

Shammed
Apr 7, 2005, 08:20 PM
This is why I hate Axe, along with the many other "body sprays" that soon followed it. Trailer trash showers, if you ask me.

derBauer
Apr 7, 2005, 11:16 PM
Drop the Axe.
Men Get some Polo Blue or Acqua di Gio.

Girls, go get DKNY Be Delicious, or Britney Curious.

When i see guys spraying the back of their neck with cologne, it makes me sick.

navci
Apr 8, 2005, 12:44 AM
On 2005-04-07 21:16, derBauer wrote:
Drop the Axe.
Men Get some Polo Blue or Acqua di Gio.

Girls, go get DKNY Be Delicious, or Britney Curious.

Ya. Those choices are personal taste, too. *shudder*

kingmurp
Apr 8, 2005, 03:32 AM
see good dating advice on this board finally, ask for a woman's preference. same with girls, ask a man. As for "ghetto baths" they do have a purpose, ever go into work drunk....

space_butler
Apr 8, 2005, 03:58 AM
in england its chavs spraying themselves, the surrounding area, thier firends and anyone else who happens to be nearby with lynx...that stuff is nasty.

Daikarin
Apr 8, 2005, 02:00 PM
I was one day shopping, and felt like taking some fruit.

I'm not too picky about those things, so I just catched a few, to put them on the bag, pay and leave.

When I was reaching out to an apple, the mid-aged lady to my right spread her arm up to reach for a banana.

I swear, that armpit stench almost made me sneeze.

Damn. Does it cost to AT LEAST try to take a bath!?

Solstis
Apr 8, 2005, 03:21 PM
AXE DOES NOT SMELL BAD.

Instead...

PEOPLE ARE STUPID!

(yes, I held down the shift key instead of hitting caps lock)

[Edit]: As in, people use too much. A few Axe products don't make *me* sneeze, and my sinuses are tragically sensitive. Not really that bad, just that too many people abused it.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2005-04-08 13:22 ]</font>

Evil_Althena8
Apr 9, 2005, 04:49 AM
I hate it when people use WAAY too much fragrance. A little can go a long way. The strongest cologne I've ever come across is Joop!. It's so horridly powerful, and super sweet smelling for a man's cologne. ONE spray is enough to fill an entire room with putrid death.

I think Axe is overrated. I prefer using long-lasting stick deodorants like Old Spice...it lasts soooo long and smells sooo good.

Another thing...there's nothing worse than smelling a combination of cologne and body odor on someone.