PDA

View Full Version : Nice c-moding last night!

Curalkin
Apr 7, 2005, 05:44 PM
It was good c-moding last night, and there is nothing wrong with a 47 minute ep2c1. WE can definately do better! Oh yeah, Mero made this account for me. I had to spell my name wrong due to technical errors with the site, but now I can at least post. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ryna
Apr 7, 2005, 07:15 PM
On 2005-04-07 15:44, Curalkin wrote:
It was good c-moding last night, and there is nothing wrong with a 47 minute ep2c1. WE can definately do better! Oh yeah, Mero made this account for me. I had to spell my name wrong due to technical errors with the site, but now I can at least post. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Glad you enjoyed your night on cmode. Who did you play with?

Oh yes, welcome to PSOW. Be sure to read the rules and try to enjoy yourself.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2005-04-07 17:16 ]</font>

Curalkin
Apr 7, 2005, 11:25 PM
I played with AxemPunanny, Shigecki, and Snow.

AxemPunanny
Apr 8, 2005, 04:20 AM
That was the first time I played that level in months... usually when that happens, memory comes back as I play through, and I usually have no need to ask for help... but there was a couple spots I was rusty, and forgot what the hell I was doing... Sucked I didn't have traps for one of those switches, would've cut down at least 2 minutes if I did. The room with the nests took longer than the other 3 rooms combined. That was the most dagger drops I've seen for that stage, even with hit. With drops like that, and as soon as we get polished, that should be under 40min and even close to 30 min.

btw... I thought it was Curaklin... not Curalkin...

Curalkin
Apr 8, 2005, 08:51 AM
Yeah, it is Curaklin. When I tried to set up my account psow had a problem with sending me e-mails of my password. I have a very recognizable name so I chose to misspell it a little.

haruna
Apr 28, 2005, 03:49 PM
What'd ya guys do for area 4(the biiig burning question?)

Sitka
Apr 28, 2005, 05:28 PM
Our two best runs on E2C4, we've not been able to finish. We can get to Flow in just over 40 minutes now, but we're (I'm) making late mistakes and we've been unable to finish the damn thing.

The two we've completed, Flow went nuts on us in the first stage and it took us forever to knock him down. So we finished in 58 and 57 respectively.

We can do and will do better.

Looking forward to getting under 50.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

yellow5
Apr 28, 2005, 06:44 PM
What character classes are you guys using?

Sitka
Apr 28, 2005, 06:58 PM
We used Fonewearl-Hucast-Hucast-Hucaseal for the 58 and 57 runs.

We've been using Fonewearl-Hucast-Hucast-Hucast for our last several runs and we're quicker - we just haven't been able to finish it off yet.

Also, we're using the "squid trick" instead of the "sinow trick" to get the full team together quicker and we're hitting the first port in around 7 min. that way.

yellow5
Apr 28, 2005, 07:55 PM
Three HUcasts? The Olga Flow fight will last forever...

AxemPunanny
Apr 28, 2005, 09:00 PM
Breaking down each area by having a time limit is one way of knowing you're making improvements... There's an obvious total time goal for a stage, but you know you're starting or doing well in a stage if you're getting to area to area under certain time limits... I know in e1c4, getting to the 2nd Area in around or below 8 min is optimal... etc. but in epI it's tough to perfect with the randomness. With epII you got that opportunity to improve and improve, and it's easier to gauge how well you're doing, thanks to fixed monster spawns. 7 mins to first portal, under 40 min to Flow... goal to goal, that's a good way to improving your time...

i'm sure tha 3 hucasts may not be the "best" bet, because of having little chance of having someone with good ATA. So in general, you have a good chance of not having a gun wielder, which could be crucial to the boss fight. Yet, if you run with 3 hucasts, you may run into excellent drops... i.e. pallasch wit great %s including hit, or even a gun with similar %s (given arm/unit drops). I've ran into a game where the drops was so uncommon... that the 1 hucast was capable of using a railgun (wit excellent %s), and the other hucast the next gun below (thanks to all the arm units)... and I think even the racast was able to use a pallasch, which is unheard of... I'm not sure if it was a pallasch or buster, but there was so many arm/power units that dropped, not to mention the nice weapons.(I could be wrong bout the pallasch wielding RAcast. I don't have enough knowledge of the stats of each class on epII cmode yet, so I'm a bit unsure that was a pallasch) Of course, the other hucast used the good pallasch, while the other and Racast shot down the mags. The battle was easy, and not to downplay the RAcast's involvement, because of the drops, it could have been done with 3 hucasts. Course, the likelihood of such drops is not common.

So probability-wise, running with 3 hucasts may generate a less optimal run. But that doesn't mean, an optimal time could not be done. You might just get lucky with the drops. It can be done. I understad where yellow5 is coming from tho.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AxemPunanny on 2005-04-28 19:03 ]</font>

rena-ko
Apr 29, 2005, 01:07 AM
well, if you find a good gun one huct can use, you let him feed his mag and you push him with all the pow units you get, then it might be quite easy. better yet if two hucts can do that (using a gun).
else, the fo will have to do the whole thing. its possible (did it before as fo) but really slow.

ever tried 2c4 without a fo? its fun, and i think its doable (although we ran out of dolls because some stupid accidents with delbiters on the way to olga - got up to olga2)

AxemPunanny
Apr 29, 2005, 03:15 AM
On 2005-04-28 23:07, rena-ko wrote:
ever tried 2c4 without a fo? its fun, and i think its doable (although we ran out of dolls because some stupid accidents with delbiters on the way to olga - got up to olga2)

Can't say I have. Course, it's doable. 4 capable hunters (maybe ranger)... if you got those that are able to handle battling on their own, then you can get there... negative side - no support techs (shifta, zalure, and occasional resta)... positive side - no worries of weak class, as in class with low defense and hp. Sometimes you run into cmode runs where you get all these wpn drops and the FO ends up being support force cuz the hunters are killing everything in sight, almost making the FO unnecessary... this is not common and shifta makes it even more easy in such cases. But when you got another pallasch or lockgun with big %s w/ hit that's being used, makes you kinda think what if you had another hucast/csl. And all those traps at your disposable. Imagine 2-3 Hucasts pounding on Olga's right foot with 70%+ dark pallasch wit hit%s, and HUcast/csl using a lockgun/railgun with similar %s. Even if such wpn drops doesn't happen, it's still doable. Heck, if ppl can bring a team of a hunny, fomar, ramarl... 2 rangers... etc. etc. then why wouldn't a whole android team work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AxemPunanny on 2005-04-29 01:17 ]</font>

Sitka
Apr 29, 2005, 11:40 AM
A couple of runs with the fo/3 x hucast team, we've gotten good mechguns and been able to feed one hucast up to a handgun. Those runs are rare, but if we can get the right drops, I think our best potential for a sub-50 time.

Our 17 minute E2C3 run got us a high % mechgun for the hucaseal and we ripped up the Gryphon on that battle. We wasted a couple of minutes with someone running for a lockgun that we really could have done without.

Where we've made our late mistakes, i.e. dropping scapes to the Delbiters near the end, it's been when we've gone with two hucasts without a force supporting and ran out of freeze traps. We have to remember to keep a couple of traps in reserve for that room.

We haven't been TAing for that long yet, so we're still learning optimum strategies for handling the various areas. Hopefully, we'll continue to improve our abilities on each of those stages.

yellow5
Apr 30, 2005, 11:27 PM
I see.

Usually, teams consist of 1 FOnewearl/FOnewm, 1 HUcast, and 2 HUcaseal. If arm units are found, they go to the HUcast so he can equip a Lockgun, which makes 3 HUs attacking Olga constantly. If even more units are found, they go to the HUcaseals so they can use Railguns--the better ATP even compensates for HUcl's slightly lower ATP. If no arm units are found, at least 2 characters can still use Lockguns for the boss battle.

In your team setup, if arm units are found, you need a whole lot of them for just one HUcast to use a Lockgun. If none drop, you basically have three HUcasts standing around waiting for Olga to get close enough. This means the fight lasts longer, which means you will use more resources--and considering how difficult the second form can be, you need all the items you can spare. Just something to consider.

Sitka
May 2, 2005, 10:23 AM
I'd like to try that.

Last night we had a decent run using the fonewearl/hucast/hucast/hucaseal team. We got to Flow in around 41 minutes.

The first form took too long again. Like you said, he flitted around and came in only twice - so we were reliant on the force and the lone gun to take him down ever so slowly.

We didn't have a pallasch, only a couple of busters, and we didn't get a hucast into a gun, so we were low on attack power, but we still ripped up the second form very well.

I was finally able to successfully complete the right foot on Flow strategy the entire battle - didn't drop any scapes. Finished at 55 minutes.

So, thinking about your idea, we shave the first form down from 10+ minutes to three-five and we're under 50 minutes and we're under 3 hours total.

That would be nice.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ryna
May 2, 2005, 12:53 PM
Hey Sitka, are you ever coming back to GC PSO? I've been waiting around for the last month to do cmode with you. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Sitka
May 2, 2005, 03:08 PM
This past weekend I tried to bring up the gc pso and got that wonderful message of corruption. Second time I've lost everything. Too damn frustrating for words.

My hl is still valid and I could create a new character to run some challenge mode with, but the rugrats grabbed hold of my gc and have playing SuperSMashBros with it.

In a few days BB beta will be out and I'd like to try it. Any chance you're going on?