PDA

View Full Version : my useless rati

Hunter_X
Apr 7, 2005, 08:56 PM
i made a rati on my skyly humar and when i gave it a dimate its i.q. didnt go up so now its i.q. is stuck at 167 and its pbs are just plain crappy. I pretty much now think that the effort and time raising a rare mag is quite useless now. Id brother have a pure power bhirava or kabanda then have this piece of crap.

TheAlmightyNewbie
Apr 7, 2005, 09:03 PM
On 2005-04-07 18:56, Hunter_X wrote:
i made a rati on my skyly humar and when i gave it a dimate its i.q. didnt go up so now its i.q. is stuck at 167 and its pbs are just plain crappy. I pretty much now think that the effort and time raising a rare mag is quite useless now. Id brother have a pure power bhirava or kabanda then have this piece of crap.

ratis are great. you probably just raised it wrong...

RicoRoyal
Apr 7, 2005, 09:06 PM
It's only a piece of crap because you have no idea what you're doing.

Comethius
Apr 7, 2005, 09:20 PM
I have made a few of the new mag evolutions myself. This also include the Rati. If you're having trouble with raising its IQ, I would recommend feeding it star atomizers occasionally and also depositing the mag when you're done using it prevents its status from going back down.

Skorpius
Apr 7, 2005, 11:35 PM
On 2005-04-07 19:06, RicoRoyal wrote:
It's only a piece of crap because you have no idea what you're doing.

XD

sviatgabor
Apr 8, 2005, 02:51 AM
My lvl 200 Ila never revived me, and it has like a 5 second delay when it heals...piece of crap:D

I'm in the process of raising a Nidra, hopefully it will cast invincibility on me more than Ila healed me so far...

Meh.

Thalui89
Apr 8, 2005, 01:08 PM
Mags, nah their not pices of crap just because their pb's may suck. Just because some mags dont get my doesnt mean they r useless. besides if u go and do tower runs the chances r your mag syncro will drop due to dieing REPEATEDLY, so your pb's will do crap damage anyway. Regarding your mags IQ have u tried using items other than dimates to raise its IQ?

Tareek
Apr 8, 2005, 02:02 PM
On 2005-04-08 00:51, sviatgabor wrote:
My lvl 200 Ila never revived me, and it has like a 5 second delay when it heals...piece of crap:D

I'm in the process of raising a Nidra, hopefully it will cast invincibility on me more than Ila healed me so far...

Meh.

Nidra and Sato are very good at casting invincibility but a bit reluctant on reviving... thats my experience. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dek
Apr 8, 2005, 02:12 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1031

Dimates dont increase its IQ. it increases its Synchro.

Consider giving it Moon Atomizers. You'll increase IQ by 2 as well as increaseing its power development by 17...

Or you can always increase it by 3 with Antiparalysis http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Nai_Calus
Apr 8, 2005, 06:40 PM
Rati are your gods, heathens.

It's not the Rati that's useless, it's you. ;_;

PJ
Apr 8, 2005, 07:46 PM
No no, I think the title is correct http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Once they're fully grown, however, they're easy to keep Synro up atleast. That's about it >_>

Eanae
Apr 8, 2005, 07:46 PM
On 2005-04-08 16:40, Ian-KunX wrote:
Rati are your gods, heathens.

It's not the Rati that's useless, it's you. ;_;

Amen <_<

Skorpius
Apr 8, 2005, 08:12 PM
Uh oh.

(ducks and covers)

Quo
Apr 8, 2005, 08:44 PM
On 2005-04-08 17:46, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
No no, I think the title is correct http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Once they're fully grown, however, they're easy to keep Synro up atleast. That's about it >_>

That's about how I see it too. Too me, the point of a mag is the stat boost. It's special effects (resta, invincibility, et al.) are just icing on the cake. I don't really care what flavor the icing is. Mag S/D is too weak for me (I bolded me because people like to yell at me for saying this) to notice. Except in some dire situations, invincibility doesn't last long enough to make a real difference. Resta: big deal, I can do that myself, and since its based on Character MST, its basically useless on Droids (75 HP oh boy!). Mag Reverser is cool, but undependable.

PBs are cool in chain, but in single mode they're not that important. The exception is Mylla & Youlla for androids.

Basically, preference between mags comes down to appearance, and Rati really only looks good when paired with costumes with red elements to it. Nidra is the same. Sato is too feminine to look anything other than goofy on a male character (fine by me, all my characters are female http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif ).

I wish there was an invis-o-mag. >_>

Oh yeah, the things I hate about Rati: The colored wing thingies are 2D, and since your always staring at that part of your character, it's pretty noticable. Rati is fairly large too. I kind of feel like it blocks out my character. Oh well. The other thing is that they grow so damned slow (along with bhima and. . . uh. . . that other one).

Having said that, I would like to point out that I use Rati on 2 of my characters. I'm a hypocrite. So sue me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2005-04-08 18:54 ]</font>

Evil_Althena8
Apr 9, 2005, 05:10 AM
Quit complaining. I don't even see the point of getting anal over a mag, when as Quo said, the only real point of using a mag is the stat boost. I could honestly care less about what abilities the mag has

Mystil
Apr 9, 2005, 08:59 AM
Meh, just grow a Sato. Less trouble.

Notos
Apr 9, 2005, 09:48 AM
I really don't see that much of a difference between raising a Rati and a Sato. Though I do like the invincibility which have allowed me to get throught situations I wouldn't have been able to otherwise. Maybe his Rati sucks because he messed up its stats? Like... 50/50/50/50 with a leila blast... -_-;

Nai_Calus
Apr 9, 2005, 10:39 AM
"Waaaaah, I suck so much I actually need to worry about my mag's abilities."

I use Rati on FOmars. There isn't shit Rati does that FOmar doesn't do about... Well, literally 10 times better. Do I care? No. It evolves under the stat ratios I like to use, is easy to maintain, looks good, and unlike everyone else in the universe, I don't start sobbing if my Mag doesn't reach L200 in one day. 9_9

Rati is good. It looks good, it evolves on good stat ratios, blahblahblahsexyblahblah.

And you know, you bitch about the Resta, but even on a droid it's better than nothing, and it's actually ended up saving my ass on several occasions. So your point about it is...? (And hey, yeah, look, my HUmar and droids find the S/D useful...)

So. Seriously. The mag doesn't suck. You do. :D

Quo
Apr 9, 2005, 11:33 AM
Was that aimed at me Ian? Well, incase it was:

On 2005-04-09 08:39, Ian-KunX wrote:

I use Rati on FOmars. There isn't shit Rati does that FOmar doesn't do about... Well, literally 10 times better. Do I care? No.

It seems like we're in agreement here.

Rati is good. It looks good, it evolves on good stat ratios, blahblahblahsexyblahblah.

If you know what your doing, you can get most mags to evolve with good stat ratios.

And you know, you bitch about the Resta, but even on a droid it's better than nothing, and it's actually ended up saving my ass on several occasions. So your point about it is...?

My point is that you can't depend on it. "Hey I'm below 1/10 HP. I don't think I'll use a Dimate because my mag will cast resta on me!" A mag isn't going to do its special whatevers each and every time. Even if mag resta gives you enough to survive one hit, it's only one hit. You'll have to heal yourself anyway. And really, invincibility is sure to save you for a few hits while resta may only save you for one. But as I said it doesn't last long enough to be really useful.

(And hey, yeah, look, my HUmar and droids find the S/D useful...)

On 2005-04-08 18:44, Quo wrote:

Mag S/D is too weak for me (I bolded me because people like to yell at me for saying this) to notice.

So. Seriously. The mag doesn't suck. You do. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I never said Rati sucked. I did say:

On 2005-04-08 18:44, Quo wrote:

I use Rati on 2 of my characters.

I works (aesthetically) for some characters, it doesn't for others.

To wrap up:

I wish there was an invis-o-mag.

Thalui89
Apr 9, 2005, 12:10 PM
Nidra is a good mag nearly always makes me invincible and has quite often revived me. But if u dont want to start a mag again or u dont want to do what i said earlier just keep goin with it

Mixfortune
Apr 9, 2005, 12:11 PM
Meh. This is from some Humar experience (which happens to be what the original poster is using), although some may be applicable elsewhere. I don't have a Rati, but this is general "mag special" stuff, most of which is applicable to a Rati.

Resta on 1/10th: If it works, generally I cast resta or use a dimate, then the mag resta activates. For the particular character, that can be somewhat of a plus, as non FO resta isn't quite the best, so it's almost like a boosted single use resta/mate. There are better abilities for 1/10th though, like invulnerability.

S/D on Bar Full: Now maybe I'm just off or not remembering well, but the auto S/D is near the same as a single player M&Y. Now, let's say you're playing alone as an android or Humar (which is nearly half the classes), what you do is use the automatic S/D until it runs out, then use M&Y. By the time you run out of S/D options, your PB has had a better chance of getting back up to full.

S/D on Boss Fight: Good for Humar and the androids. Anything that helps the boss fight go faster, although Invulernability on Boss Fight may be better off.

Invuln did get lowered from the DC versions, but still has its uses, definitely, and for me, the most preferred special overall (useful for any class, etc.) unless of course for mag reverser (because that's the only 'on death' special anyways). Just be sure to use all or most of the invuln before using your Photon Blast (as it seems the invuln counter keeps going during Photon Blasts).

Yeah most of the specials are useless on some classes (resta, S/D is easily outdone if you're a FO, S/D special not needed for Ramarl or Hunewearl), but some classes get a good quick bonus out of it. While not something as "overpowering" as, say, a 4 way PB S/D, it's much better than nothing, and at least is something to help me stay "awake and interested" during runs ("oh hey, cool, invuln for a minute or two" every once in a while keeps things changing, at the least).

For original poster, it's the specials that don't change for the same mag (Rati cannot invuln on bar full, for example), but it's quite possible to get "better" PBs than what you have... considering we don't know the PBs your's ended up with. Just plan it better off next time. And look at the feeding charts for things like what raises IQ.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2005-04-09 10:17 ]</font>

Quo
Apr 9, 2005, 01:24 PM
On 2005-04-09 10:11, Mixfortune wrote:

S/D on Bar Full: Now maybe I'm just off or not remembering well, but the auto S/D is near the same as a single player M&Y. Now, let's say you're playing alone as an android or Humar (which is nearly half the classes), what you do is use the automatic S/D until it runs out, then use M&Y. By the time you run out of S/D options, your PB has had a better chance of getting back up to full.

M&Y follows the same PB chain strength in single mode. S/D level = Total IQ of mags participating in chain/10 +1. So in single mode M&Y should be level 21 (since IQ should be 200). I'm pretty sure mag S/D is level 9. There is quite a difference.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2005-04-09 11:25 ]</font>