PDA

View Full Version : Rare monster odds.

Demidestroyer
Apr 8, 2005, 04:12 PM
Does anyone have a .xls file or knowledge of the odds of finding rare monsters? All if possible plz.

Oh yeah. Is it possible to find al/pal rappies on fake in yellow? I haven't been lucky if it's possible...

Rianna_Type1
Apr 8, 2005, 04:21 PM
Yeah, it's very possible to find them on Fake In Yellow. You can kind of force the game to make one appear too, but it still requires a bit of luck.

There's a room in the quest with I think 8 or 9 rappies that drop from the sky at once. After they drop, examine them to see if one is a rare rappy. If it's not, use a telepipe or cast Ryuker, then return to Pioneer 2. Drop back down and the rappies will be regenerated and fall from the sky again. Examine them to see if one is a rare rappy. If it's not, repeat the piping process over and over until one ends up being a rare one.

It is very important that you do not attack any of the rappies or touch them at all before your rare one appears.

This only works offline and will not work online or with online quests. It only works on PSO versions pre Blue Burst as well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rianna_Type1 on 2005-04-08 14:29 ]</font>

Tycho
Apr 8, 2005, 05:30 PM
On 2005-04-08 14:12, Demidestroyer wrote:
Does anyone have a .xls file or knowledge of the odds of finding rare monsters? All if possible plz.

Oh yeah. Is it possible to find al/pal rappies on fake in yellow? I haven't been lucky if it's possible...

Odds?
1/512.

If you want me to I'll write it in a .xls for ya.

Demidestroyer
Apr 8, 2005, 09:11 PM
Tycho, is that for rappies only, or for all rare monsters? Oh, yeah. A .xls would be sweet. I hope it wouldn't be a burden. Thanks again.

Dhylec
Apr 8, 2005, 09:14 PM
silly dude
all rare monsters has the same chance to appear
so what is there to put on a spreadsheet?

Ryna
Apr 8, 2005, 09:19 PM
On 2005-04-08 15:30, Tycho wrote:
Odds?
1/512.

If you want me to I'll write it in a .xls for ya.

I've always see this number being thought of as official, but from what I've seen, it is just an estimate someone came up with. Can you cite an authoritative source for the 1/512 statistic?

JamesFOmar
Apr 9, 2005, 09:21 AM
It is very important that you do not attack any of the rappies or touch them at all before your rare one appears.

This is a fallacy. You can hit them nearly kill them (or as close as it gets to killing a rappy)and it will still work. As long as they don't start playing dead or runaway its fine. The whole reason piping works is because while your piping the game data resets including how much damage you've done, but not if someone is dead(they won't come back to life). You can give them a nice wack for not changing, it won't affect anything.

Rianna_Type1
Apr 9, 2005, 10:38 AM
On 2005-04-09 07:21, JamesFOmar wrote:
You can give them a nice wack for not changing, it won't affect anything.

I don't know about that... I'd rather not try it.

Up to whomever does the piping, though.

Catoblepas
Apr 9, 2005, 11:30 AM
Just wondering,if the chance to find all rare enemies is the same what does it mean on the bestiary of this site that some rare enemies have more stars on rarity then others?

Ryna
Apr 9, 2005, 12:22 PM
On 2005-04-09 09:30, Catoblepas wrote:
Just wondering,if the chance to find all rare enemies is the same what does it mean on the bestiary of this site that some rare enemies have more stars on rarity then others?

Can you elaborate on your question? I'm not exactly sure I understand what you mean. Also, could you post some examples/links to what you are talking about?

Ketchup345
Apr 9, 2005, 12:28 PM
On 2005-04-09 08:38, Rianna_Type1 wrote:

On 2005-04-09 07:21, JamesFOmar wrote:
You can give them a nice wack for not changing, it won't affect anything.

I don't know about that... I'd rather not try it.

Up to whomever does the piping, though.

You are allowed to hurt the enemy you are piping, as long as you don't kill it.

I have personally used the enemies I was piping to regain TP after every pipe using a TP steal weapon. One of them eventually turned into the rare.

Edit: To Ryna's question:
As far as I know, neither Sou or Heyf00l confirmed the 1/512. There was some thought that the number is lower, but it wasn't a very popular idea, and it (seems to have) died.
No game data proof, just seems like the bestfitting number.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2005-04-09 10:49 ]</font>

Ryna
Apr 9, 2005, 01:00 PM
On 2005-04-09 10:28, Ketchup345 wrote:
Edit: To Ryna's question:
As far as I know, neither Sou or Heyf00l confirmed the 1/512. There was some thought that the number is lower, but it wasn't a very popular idea, and it (seems to have) died.
No game data proof, just seems like the bestfitting number.

Thanks for the response Ketchup.

There are two ways to determine the number for sure:

1. Analyze the game logic responsible for the generation of enemies. (There are some potential legal issues with that approach)

2. For people that are piping enemies, keep track of the number of enemies required for the rare version to show. This test would have to be repeated several hundred/thousand times by numerous people to come up with enough data entries to perform a proper analysis.

Demidestroyer
Apr 9, 2005, 01:53 PM
Good question, Catoblepas. Ryna, the link is here.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=419

Under each enemy, there is a * rarity thing. Maybe they are more rare, because the amount you can spawn in one room is less... I don't know.

Demidestroyer
Apr 9, 2005, 03:09 PM
go to bestiary, then rare monsters: normal--->ultimate. Under the monsters, there is a * rating of rarity. That's what catoblepas means, i think.

One last thing from me. For pouilly slimes, can they be broken off from the main one to be spawned red? I haven't done it, and haven't seen it. I have found one pslime in normal, but it spawned red. Never broke one off...
Oh, yeah.... If that works, then if you kill it, can it spawn 4 again when you pipe back down? or.... will it's "master" never show again?

Ryna
Apr 9, 2005, 03:12 PM
On 2005-04-09 11:53, Demidestroyer wrote:
Good question, Catoblepas. Ryna, the link is here.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=419

Under each enemy, there is a * rarity thing. Maybe they are more rare, because the amount you can spawn in one room is less... I don't know.

I would have to disagree with most of the rarity values on these monsters. For example, I've seen far more Mil Lilys in Temple than I've seen Love Rappys, even though the Love Rappy has a lower rarity value. As such, I would be inclined to disregard that particular field.

Also, some of the information in this particular guide needs updated. For instance, if you want to find an episode 2 Hildetorr, the best place to do that would be Maximum Attack 2 Version 2.

Demidestroyer
Apr 9, 2005, 03:16 PM
Ryna, you seem to have a lot of knowledge. Any thoughts about my earlier pslime question?

Ryna
Apr 9, 2005, 03:25 PM
On 2005-04-09 13:09, Demidestroyer wrote:
One last thing from me. For pouilly slimes, can they be broken off from the main one to be spawned red? I haven't done it, and haven't seen it. I have found one pslime in normal, but it spawned red. Never broke one off...
Oh, yeah.... If that works, then if you kill it, can it spawn 4 again when you pipe back down? or.... will it's "master" never show again?

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking there. Are you asking "Can a red slime be spawned by splitting a blue slime?" If so, the answer is yes.

When you are piping for slimes, you generally split it into 4 slimes and see if any of them are red. You then pipe up before any of them can kill/hurt one another. You keep doing that until you find your red slime (assuming you are offline). If one of the slimes die, you should move on and find a new slime to split.

Demidestroyer
Apr 9, 2005, 03:32 PM
OK! Thank you very much. Heh i'm in a goood mood because I just found a Nar Lily who didn't screw me. Got a God/HP with my Skyly. Yay.

Ryna
Apr 9, 2005, 03:54 PM
On 2005-04-09 13:32, Demidestroyer wrote:
OK! Thank you very much. Heh i'm in a goood mood because I just found a Nar Lily who didn't screw me. Got a God/HP with my Skyly. Yay.

Congratulations on your God/HP. If you want to talk about your find, I would suggest posting in this thread:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=88217&forum=7&1727