PDA

View Full Version : I can't change the world.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 9, 2005, 06:47 AM
Another work rant for me, but this one has a few discrepancies which make it unique. I ranted about a co-worker before who calls me gay every 2 seconds(it seems that way, but isn't exactly 2 seconds).

He's rude. Obnoxious. He says racist things, doesn't help anyone on a consistent basis even when prompted and reminded, screams out loud every minute, intentionally throws around utensils(such as large metal pans and trays) which make a lot of noise, etc. He also plays "grab-ass" with his male relatives that work at the store(making him the gay one, by example).

I was using chopsticks to portion out some kim chee(pickled cabbage with spices originated from korea, I think.). He says "Whoa! you using chopsticks? only for chinos!" I ask what chino means. He says "Chinese." He should really stop talking out loud sometimes. I'm not Chinese, but he assumes it considering I'm Asian and all of Asian people everywhere is somehow Chinese. I explain that I'm just an average American, who happens to have an Asian descent.

I ask why its strange for me to use chopsticks, and say that its not even hard. He says its only for "Chinos" not "Mexicanos." I then say, well if you think its only for Chinos, then is Spanish only for Mexicanos? Its 2005 already, not 1972! My boss(who is Chinese), overhears our conversation and throws in a joking/sarcastic comment, meaning he agreed. We all are starting to learn at least a little Spanish to try to meet in the middle, for them to learn more English-us more Spanish. I eventually convince him to use them and try my best to teach him how to. He does just fine. I congratulate him. He even says well yeah, Spanish is not only for me, it can be for everybody, same as chopsticks. Second smartest thing I ever heard him say outside of: "Everyone should speak two languages, one isn't enough."

That event is short lived however as he gets into a match of wits later on in the day with other co-workers and myself. He continues to bring up something I did two days ago. I gave my new cell phone number to some old friends who came in(I don't have any friends currently and was just a good natured exchange). He watches me do this and with what little vocabulary he has, he calls me gay again and says I gave it to call them for sex later. What a bastard. He also motions to his crotch and crap like that all day long. I had to explain the laws of underage women and crap before to him. He grabs his crotch everytime some girl comes in. He humps the saladbar prep area. Nobody needs to see this. HE should keep it to his damn self. Deal with it after work.

I'm not a very patient person and more often than once grab a knife or something and tell him to fuck off. He then stops for the time being. I don't have to take that shit from him. Its not funny in the slightest. I explained to him plenty of times what happened the other day. He doesn't understand half of what I say so it goes "in one ear and out the other." I can easily take this as sexual harassment, and that is not saying I am gay. Its saying I don't have to take crap like that from a co-worker day in and day out. Its been happening for the entire time he's been employed here.

He's currently losing hours/work days and is getting on everyones last nerves with his bullshit. It takes a lot to keep me from outright hurting him sometimes. I swear like sailor or something alot more often than I ever used to. This scares me. I'm sure I can keep my cool, but he gives everyone a reason not to like him, especially me.

He should have been fired long ago. I hope it happens soon enough. I guess the only problem being that him and his relatives are about half our everyday workers. Everyone else is a temp and we get horrible applicants, which is why we end up with bastards like this who can't hold down jobs for more than a few months, due to outright ignorance. If he is fired, will his realtives take offense? will it cause havoc? Will we lose 5 workers when we only needed to lose the one bad apple?

I want to quit everyday. With no back up plan, I usually have to "take it like a man" or "stop bitching, because at least you have a job."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2005-04-09 04:54 ]</font>

Blue-Hawk
Apr 9, 2005, 08:35 PM
Just ignore the ingorant. Either that, or since he says that your gay, here are a few things that you can do to throw him off kilter.
1- Tell him 'Why yes, I am quite happy, thank you.' Remember, the true deffinition of 'Gay' is Happy.
2- Start to come on to him. This might give him strange ideas, but it might be worth it just to get him to shut up.

Maybe start to work out. I used to work with a korean that really pissed me off. Whenever he wanted to start with me, all he had to do is walk up to me and try to stare me down. He ALWAYS backed down first because I'm bigger than he is and he knows that his Tai Kwon Do is useless in a real fight.

Note that I am in no way a racisit and I hate racists.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blue-Hawk on 2005-04-09 18:35 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blue-Hawk on 2005-04-09 18:35 ]</font>

Shattered_weasel
Apr 9, 2005, 08:56 PM
On 2005-04-09 04:47, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

I'm not a very patient person and more often than once grab a knife or something and tell him to fuck off.

While he sounds like an ass and all signs point to "yes he is an ass" do not, I repeat DO NOT use a weapon first. Things get a whole lot worse when weapons are involved.

Nai_Calus
Apr 9, 2005, 09:34 PM
So you're racist against racists, then?

Wyndham
Apr 9, 2005, 09:35 PM
that guy sounds like a moron.
I really hope he does get fired. then maybe get kicked in the shins.

Zarode
Apr 9, 2005, 10:10 PM
On 2005-04-09 04:47, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
Second smartest thing I ever heard him say outside of: "Everyone should speak two languages, one isn't enough."

First thing I have to say, it's about that quote.

FUCK. OFF.

Simply, and most would understand if they know what I mean. I'll get to it when I rant today. I was gonna include it today anyways.

And I hope the fucker gets fired. Calling you gay. I hate when people automatically call anyone gay because they are different in someway besides being homosexual. Which I assume you are not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarode on 2005-04-09 20:10 ]</font>

Daikarin
Apr 10, 2005, 05:08 AM
Typical ass. Show him how immature he's being, by acting responsible. Call him out of joke and ask him to get mature, or grow up, or tell him he isn't funny.

I meet a lot of those everyday on college, I just leave them alone. I don't want to be pictured as a fool too.

Tell him he's not a kid anymore.

And about the relatives, they shouldn't take it personally. Of course they all do, but consider it's the right decision to make, properly justified, then talk to your boss about it, saying he embarasses the image of the company or something.