PDA

View Full Version : You made a promise, so keep it!

Hrigg
Apr 10, 2005, 06:07 PM
About a month ago, my parents promised that they would be giving me allowance per week. $15 per week. They said that every Friday they would give me money. Since then, they've only given money once, and get angry whenever I ask them. Then, my brother goes to the movies and my parents happily fork over 20 bucks, but they give me jack squat. Now they're saying that I haven't done work, but heck yes I've done loads of work, For the past month I've been folding laundry, cleaning bathrooms, cleaning up dog crap, mowing the lawn, dusting the house, vacuming, and they still do not give the money. If I would have gotten money every week I could easily get the things I want: An electric guitar, Blue Burst, and possibly my own computer. It would take time, but I would still get them. Now, today they were complaining because I didn't want to clean up the dog crap, because I complained saying that I'm not going to get paid so what's the point in doing it. My brother who does basically nothing is never even asked to clean it up, sits around and does nothing. My parents threaten to ground me from the computer for not cleaning it up, so eventually I do.

They made a frikkin promise, that I would get allowance, but they don't give it. It just makes me mad. Now they're saying again that they're going to give me allowance, but I serious doubt that.

Meh, I'm in an overall bad mood right now because of it.

Rianna_Type1
Apr 10, 2005, 06:28 PM
Kill them, that's what I'd do.

Hrigg
Apr 10, 2005, 06:31 PM
... Meh, I wouldn't go that far. Where would I live then? All I can do is deal with them for the next couple years. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Dek
Apr 10, 2005, 06:35 PM
Tape record them next time...

Also, is your brother the younger of the two?

Hrigg
Apr 10, 2005, 06:36 PM
Older. He gets treated much better when he doesn't do anything. It's rather aggitating if you think about it. Most parents favor the younger/est (me) but they seem to appreciate him more. I http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif of them.

Dek
Apr 10, 2005, 06:40 PM
On 2005-04-10 16:36, Hrigg wrote:
Older. He gets treated much better when he doesn't do anything. It's rather aggitating if you think about it. Most parents favor the younger/est (me) but they seem to appreciate him more. I http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif of them.

From what i've seen, it's more or less 50/50 when it comes to families. Some can spoil the younger one while others put more pressure on the younger one. It varies.

Wyndham
Apr 10, 2005, 06:46 PM
my parents do the same, I always get screwed out of things. so don't worry, just remember he'll get hisa reward.

Rabid
Apr 10, 2005, 06:52 PM
Think of it this way:

1)Be lucky your even getting an allowence. Your parents could just make you do chores and not pay you.

2)Being good could result in good things for you. If you work harder your parents may later buy you a care (if you dont have one) or even buy you the stuff you want.

Just keep doing what your doing...your gonna miss them when you move out. Maybe try and compromise with your parents, but dont go totally balisitc on them.

Hrigg
Apr 10, 2005, 07:44 PM
Now their all pissed off at me because I proved them wrong. The idiots took my freakin controlers away for no apparent reason. I'm so pissed off right now... I might do something I might not approve of. Hold on a sec: I HATE MY GOD DAMN PARENTS BECAUSE THEY ARE BEING COMPLETE ASS HOLES RIGHT NOW BECAUSE THEY WON'T GIVE ANY GOD DAMN MONEY! SCREW THEM TO HELL!

Much better.

AxelgearVII
Apr 10, 2005, 07:55 PM
Get a job and earn money on your own terms. >_>

Skorpius
Apr 10, 2005, 07:56 PM
On 2005-04-10 17:55, AxelgearVIII wrote:

darthsaber9x9
Apr 10, 2005, 08:01 PM
On 2005-04-10 17:55, AxelgearVIII wrote:

Hrigg
Apr 10, 2005, 08:11 PM
I'm 13. I doubt any store would except a 13 year old. And if your going to tell me that lawn mowing bullshit, I can't. Cause my idiot father won't let me use his mower, and if I were to obtain a mower, it would take me several years, which I wouldn't waste my money on it. Screw my parents, I'm not going to do any work until I get paid for all the damn work I did. My brother is so lazy he can't even pick up a goddamn phone without being yelled at. I'm the only person in the fuckin house who is actually smart enough to know that when a phone rings to see who it is, to answer the stupid goddamn phone. Who fuckin cares about my parents? I sure as hell don't. Now they're talking to my idiotic neighbors about how I'm so lazy. I but into their conversation, telling them my brother is lazier than hell, but they only say retarded things. Who cares, fuck them. It's over. I'm tired of them.

They also despise me walking places such as my friends houses, the store, or just to go browse around and get out of the house. My brother on the other hand, has all the freedom in the world, and can walk almost anywhere. He doesn't because he is too damn lazy, and he says he needs a ride.

My parents even tell me I need to get out more. I could if I could fucking walk to a wal-mart which is 5 minutes from my house. Gah, I'm just so pissed right now it's unimaginable for someone as me to comprehend.

Another thing my parents don't get is "big words" I have to put all my sentences in "lamens form" for them to understand. They're so stupid yet I'm so smart. Kinda makes you think... that two idiots can make someone smart.

We have enough money for me to get allowance, but they never give it to me. They usually buy useless things for our yard, so they can make it look "pretty". Why the hell don't they give me the money that they're spending useless crap on?

Enough for now. I'll rant more later.

Solstis
Apr 10, 2005, 08:20 PM
I don't recall getting to do much at 13.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

You'll get over it.

[/most annoying, yet most helpful insight ever]

Rabid
Apr 10, 2005, 11:26 PM
You know what...your really pissing me off.

How DARE you disrespect your parents like this. You should be thankful they do what they do for you. They could have chosen to not get you a Gamecube at all. They could force you to walk to school instead of you take a bus or however the hell you get there. Instead of you having your own room they could make you sleep in the garage.

Just be happy they don't FORCE you to work. Be lucky they don't FORCE you pick up the dog crap or mow the lawn or vaccuum. (I am assuming you do this at your own free will)

Be happy they even offered to pay you an allowence. Its a privlage, not a right. I am sickened about the way you are talking about your parents. They gave you a place to live and food to eat. If your sick and tired of them then run away and try to make it on your own. You will learn its not as easy as it sounds.

I don't care whatever the hell you do...but Don't disrespect your parents because they have done to much for you in your past 13 years.

AzureBlaze
Apr 11, 2005, 12:17 AM
In defense,
Perhaps it is not so much the issue of "I want money for stuff", but the issue of the broken promise. You are expected to respect your parents, but they are also supposed to respect their children enough in return to not break promises, cross their own words, lie, steal, injure, or use favoritism against their own children.

A child should not be considered property or a slave, respect and following of rules breeds the same, on all sides. It is up to the parents to lead by example, upholding ALL good values toward, and in front of their children.

Sagasu
Apr 11, 2005, 01:14 AM
One day you'll be rid of the stupid fucks and start your own family,

Then your kids can insult you for breaking promises.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Solstis
Apr 11, 2005, 01:18 AM
On 2005-04-10 23:14, Sagasu wrote:
One day you'll be rid of the stupid fucks and start your own family,

Then your kids can insult you for breaking promises.

Not to mention damn you to hell for all eternity.

Hrigg
Apr 11, 2005, 06:36 AM
They didn't get the Gamecube. I got it. I had about 200 bucks saved up just lieing around, so I got it with PSO.

I can see your point about the allouance as some people may not have this option. Well, duh, it's not easy for a 13 year old to live on his own. Why? I can't make any money for food or anything like that!

I get the point about disrespecting my parents... but they kind of in a way disrespected me. This would be like I would say "Hey Dad, I'll make your bed" and not doing it. Same way, just they're older and they should be respected.

Sagasu
Apr 11, 2005, 10:18 AM
On 2005-04-11 04:36, Hrigg wrote:
Same way, just they're older and they should be respected.

Argh!

Theres goes my sympathy http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

If your parents are generally assholic people then theres no need for you to respect them.

But when in confrontation always be prepared for the "I put the food on the table so shut the fuck up you snivelling brat" comeback. Being prepared aka not backing down like a whipped dog.

Honestly, your parents dont owe you anything. Up untill the moment they promised you something.

u.u~

Hrigg
Apr 11, 2005, 02:57 PM
Problem solved. It was going to be 15 bucks a week, but they felt compassionate and it's now 20 bucks. I'm still slightly angry, but I thought it over and this makes me sound like a spoiled brat. :/ Well, I'm going to have a great summer I know, 80 bucks a month is awesome, and summer is generally about 4 months long which means 320 bucks alone this summer without including mowing lawns for other people. My dad is now letting me use the his lawn mower for 5% of the profit, which isn't much to bother with.

digigram
Apr 11, 2005, 03:34 PM
man i'm glad i'm not 13.
ahhhh .....*stretches*, it's good to be able to make 6k a month.

Either way. simply, they are responsible for your existence. Respect them, they'll respect you. If they don't, endure it for as long as you can and don't get angry, they have responsibilities running through their heads constantly. I mean shit, they have two kids.. And one of them is freaking out because he wants money, so, what if they aren't able to discuss it at that point. I'd be annoyed if I were them, and they will reward you in the end for being able to endure the time in which they were frustrated.

"I'm sorry hrigg, you've been working hard and we haven't given you allowance, we we're busy, how about next week or two we go get you that guitar."

endure it. you will be rewarded for being understanding and mature.

Hrigg
Apr 11, 2005, 03:47 PM
I'm just happy that I can get some money for doing work. I made up a brilliant plan for allouance that if I decide not to do a specific task I will lose some of the money.

And no Digi, my parents don't call me hrigg, they call me Sam. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

This new payment system means I'll get paid for work I actually do. My brohter will be broke and asking for my money. My answer: Hell no!

digigram
Apr 11, 2005, 06:47 PM
Well good.. oh and I didn't know your name... so what was I supposed to say.. lol http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif ..

Glad you got it worked out.

Hrigg
Apr 11, 2005, 07:03 PM
It didn't go so well for my brother. *rejoices*

My parents grounded him because they've actually been keeping track of the fact he hasn't done any work! I'm so happy. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

HUcastShinobi
Apr 11, 2005, 07:36 PM
Im 14 and i got parents who say im spoiled just cause i go over my friends house and vise versa a lot, and for the night. they complain if i ask for anything, but my bro and sis get everthing they want that is material worth... RETARDED... i need my OWN money earned BY MYSELF to buy stuff, and that alone takes 2 months+ to beg out of them...

Solstis
Apr 11, 2005, 08:17 PM
On 2005-04-11 17:36, HUcastShinobi wrote:
Im 14 and i got parents who say im spoiled just cause i go over my friends house and vise versa a lot, and for the night. they complain if i ask for anything, but my bro and sis get everthing they want that is material worth... RETARDED... i need my OWN money earned BY MYSELF to buy stuff, and that alone takes 2 months+ to beg out of them...

You my friend, fail at being spoiled.

If you get things in 2+ months, and you have yet to die, I think that you're doing just fine.

HUcastShinobi
Apr 12, 2005, 01:42 PM
i was saying to spend my own money, beggary w/o money = nothing at all, thats all gone to my brother and sister... and they are on finacial aid now too... and working jobs...

Daikarin
Apr 12, 2005, 02:38 PM
My father's like that. I washed his car once, he promised me a certain amount of cash. After I did it, there was also an excuse about "Oh, but you didn't do this, or somebody else did that". He was fair on the pay, but a little stubborn.

"Don't make promises you can't keep."

Tell them that you have a hard time trusting them, because at one point they say something, then on the right time they say something else.

Be strong on your points, but do it without bitching.