PDA

View Full Version : God Hand, Supress Gun, or Tech. Croz.

franticjohnny
Apr 11, 2005, 11:00 AM
I'm about to do ultimate "soul of a blacksmith" quest and well which weapons is better. Are non armed combat weapons any good? and is supress gun a good ranger weapons? Or is tech. croz. a weapon I shouldn't pass up. Basically which one is all and all better?

Ice_ryu
Apr 11, 2005, 11:20 AM
Depends what you are (ID and Class)

The God Hand is the most powerful if you like to punch and kick things.

The Supressed (my choice cause it just looks so nice)
is also good cause it has great range and good ata and pretty high atp for a hand gun. I choose this one becuase I needed a good gun when fighting Falz solo. It hasnt failed me.

Finnally the TC is good for a force, but since only forces could use it I wouldnty recomend it, plus its stats are not all that great. There are much better force weapons out there but the God hand and the Suprressed Guns are great especialy for a hunter class.

Ryna
Apr 11, 2005, 11:27 AM
Depending on the levels and character classes you are using, I usually recommend getting the Gun first. The gun is among the strongest that a Hunter can use and it has its own unique sound/look. It is also a good weapon for a ranger until you find a stronger handgun/rifle.

After the gun, I would recommend getting the God Hand. It is among the best of the fist weapons. However, those do not become a viable fighting weapon until you get to a high level.

The Technical Crozier is probably the least desirable of the three choices. The tech boost can be pretty handy for a low-level FO, but it can be replaced with better weapons at higher levels.

Tycho
Apr 11, 2005, 12:05 PM
Technical Crozier is Pinkal only, but it's horribly bad. Suppressed Gun is easier to get then God Hand, and drops in EP1, while God Hand only drops in EP2. This means God Hand is worth more, and is harder to get with hit in EP2, while the odds for it to have hit in SoaB are better (mine had hit).

So go for God Hand. Not Crozier. <_<

Skorpius
Apr 11, 2005, 12:12 PM
How is the Crozier "bad"?

Hrith
Apr 11, 2005, 12:13 PM
Suppressed Gun does not drop in Episode I >_>

God Hand is good for females Rangers and Hunters, very good, even. Especially at lower levels thanks to the insane ATP boost.

At higher levels, it is fun to use in early areas because you kill monsters in one combo or two -- come one, kicking Melqueeks to death OWNS.

Suppressed Gun is useless because Red Handgun is easy to find, has way more ATP, more ATA, and better odds at hit%

Suppressed Gun is good in sub-Ultimate difficulties, but you can only earn it in SoaB in Ultimate = useless.

Technical Crozier is pure crap.

Graptakular83
Apr 11, 2005, 09:30 PM
My first time around, i went with the Supressed Gun cuz i didnt like the TC, and i dont ever use fists. I like the choice i went with and still recommebd getting it 1st since its also a great "hand me down" for your lower chars if u ever get a Red Handgun. But seeing the good arguments about the God Hand, it might be smarter to grab that instead. In the end, just think about which of the two you will actually use.

A-P
Apr 11, 2005, 09:38 PM
I took the God-Hand and liked it for a while, but wish I took the pistol. Then, I was playing in the temple on ultimate, when killing an el rappy, guess what I found? I checked the database to see if it was a glitch because I thought this weapon was a quest-only weapon. I found out it was not, and that was the first time I was happy to be a Purplenum. Overall, the point? Supressed Gun > God Hand. A good Stag Cutlery will out damage the god hand with its 7 hits. But that is the best handgun I have ever used. Then again, I'm a hunter. If you're a rare collector and a Purplenum, take the god hand and hunt the supressed gun though, the drop rate is decent.

EDIT : I forgot about my Red Handgun. But still, the suppressed gun is very good until you get the Red Handgun. Even so, the required ATA for this is 110, and the Red is 140, so its good until you can even use the red handgun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A-P on 2005-04-11 19:41 ]</font>

PJ
Apr 11, 2005, 10:28 PM
For looks, I like the Technical Crozier. And dancing around with a free barta is also cool.

Cool, not useful http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Skorpius
Apr 12, 2005, 01:07 AM
On 2005-04-11 10:12, Skorpius wrote:
How is the Crozier "bad"?

Not sure why it's bad, yet.

Here we go:

God Hand
If you hate sabers, then you should hate this. You could use better weapons, but this is all right.

Supressed Gun
Probably the best choice overall. Useable by all classes, low ATA requirement (equal to Varista), and has obvious aesthetic appeal. Also Red Handgun isn't so easily found by ALL IDs like Supressed Gun (Through the quest), thus making it overall better due to availability.

Technical Crozier
Lowest MST requirement of the wands (285) and also boosts MST by 35 (which is pretty good). Indra boosts 35 MST, but has a 400+ requirement. Not sucky, this weapon is good.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-04-11 23:21 ]</font>

Fossil
Apr 12, 2005, 01:36 AM
God Hand is one of the most powerful weapons in the game. Not very popular due to it being a fist and the close range one enemy hit is kind of lame. But it's fun to beat down something in one combo sometimes. Besides, if you ever found one with hit, man can you annihilate with it's hard attack.

Supressed Gun is basically just a handgun with a silencer. Nothing special, but's it's cool looking and worth collecting for fun use every now and then.

Technical Crozier... don't know, don't have one.

Tycho
Apr 12, 2005, 05:01 AM
God Hand is the strongest Knuckle type weapon, and for Rangers even the weapon with the highest ATP boost they can equip.

Suppressed Gun and Technical Crozier are, like Skorp showed, nice at lower levels. But you won't want them later on.

Hrith
Apr 12, 2005, 05:46 AM
But Skorpius, Indra boosts lightining techniques by 20%, Crozier boosts nothing.

And to whoever said that Stag Cutlery was better than God Hand thanks to its 7 hits:
-Twin Sabers hit 6 times per combo.
-Stag Cutlery is weak, and God Hand will still do more damage overall if your base ATP is low -- 3 x 500 > 6 x 200. Weapons with low ATP boost (mechs, weak twin sabers, weak paired swords, weak daggers, shots, needles, etc.) aren't usefull on low Lv characters.

Good example ? last time I tried S-Rank Mechgun with my Lv 113 RAcaseal, I was doing 80 damage a hit -- 80 x 9 = 720. I then equipped the rifle Yasminkov 3000R, 300 a hit -- 300 x 3 = 900.

franticjohnny
Apr 12, 2005, 08:45 AM
Can you go back and do the quest again and get a different weapon?

Ryna
Apr 12, 2005, 08:47 AM
On 2005-04-12 06:45, franticjohnny wrote:
Can you go back and do the quest again and get a different weapon?

Nope. You can only get one weapon per character.

franticjohnny
Apr 12, 2005, 05:33 PM
Ok well maybe it'll be easier to get an answer if I say I'm a lvl 85 hunewearl, I have some charge vulcans with 50 hit on them, should I get god hands or supress gun. Which would be better?

Skorpius
Apr 12, 2005, 05:37 PM
On 2005-04-12 03:46, Kef wrote:
But Skorpius, Indra boosts lightining techniques by 20%, Crozier boosts nothing.

But Indra has a 400+ MST requirement and connot be obtained by ALL IDs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-04-12 15:40 ]</font>

Fossil
Apr 12, 2005, 07:30 PM
On 2005-04-12 15:37, Skorpius wrote:

On 2005-04-12 03:46, Kef wrote:

But Indra has a 400+ MST requirement and connot be obtained by ALL IDs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-04-12 15:40 ]</font>

Yellowboze will get you an Indra pretty much all the time. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Hrith
Apr 13, 2005, 04:17 AM
So will Pinkal. Availability on so common rares is not an issue.

You can get them in any ID at Gallon's Roulette, anyway.

Ryna
Apr 13, 2005, 09:25 AM
On 2005-04-12 15:33, franticjohnny wrote:
Ok well maybe it'll be easier to get an answer if I say I'm a lvl 85 hunewearl, I have some charge vulcans with 50 hit on them, should I get god hands or supress gun. Which would be better?

What is your Section ID?

I would recommend getting God Hands if any of these are applicable to you:
-You have a Section ID or a friend that can get a Red Handgun easily.
-You have a Section ID that can easily get the Suppressed Gun.

If neither of those apply to you, you may want to get the Supressed Gun.