PDA

View Full Version : GC: ST is slacking off?

Tycho
Apr 12, 2005, 02:22 PM
Lately it never took over two months for ST to announce a new (so no White Day) quest for PSO-GC... But now (http://www.sonicteam.com/psogc/minhiro/event/kako_event.html), it seems like they're not doing anything at all. The last new quest was MA2v2. Before that MA1v2, before that the PW series.

What the hell is going on? I want actual updates besides Easter, or at least Pioneer Easter. ;-;

AxelgearVII
Apr 12, 2005, 02:25 PM
I agree. Lets all bad mouth Sonic Team and call them lazy! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif

rena-ko
Apr 12, 2005, 02:27 PM
... and acchieve what?

they most likely just use easter as an excuse for this month. expect something moronic next month.

Para
Apr 12, 2005, 02:29 PM
Maybe ST has devoted its priorities to Blue Burst? Just saying cuz it is a possibility.

Neith
Apr 12, 2005, 02:29 PM
Mayday event anyone? XD Let's face it, ST is focused on BB now, look how many updates it's had recently.

Ryna
Apr 12, 2005, 02:49 PM
According to Jonathan F, one of the quests that was planned for GC PSO was canceled due to technical difficulties.

You need to also consider that GC PSO is fairly old at this point and that it is currently in a maintenance phase. I imagine that almost all of the originally planned content has been released. When viewed in that light, be thankful if we receive any future updates at all...

Mixfortune
Apr 12, 2005, 02:55 PM
It's at the point where the question isn't "where are all the new updates?", but rather "how long are the servers going to be up?"

Chances are you may see one or two more quests at all, but that's it. Since as far as I can remember all of the released material is on the disc anyways, there's definitely a limited amount they can bring out.

Thalui89
Apr 12, 2005, 03:16 PM
the lack of updates is simply just the calling of a new age, the age of psobb, gc is almost past its time.

Rianna_Type1
Apr 12, 2005, 03:27 PM
Yeah, as Mixfortune said, quests can only go so far with the content on the disc.

Sure they can create new NPCs at will, as well as new dialog, without updating the disc. If you're looking for new quests in new areas, that probably isn't too possible.

New quests in the same areas using things the engine already has, traps, switches, sparkling thingies, new characters, dialog, etc,. should be possible, though.

The lack of them even making quests which revolve in the places we've visited probably points to them being busy. I honestly don't think GC PSO is near the end of it's life. Dunno about the "maintenance" phase either. It seems a little too early for GC PSO to kick the bucket, in my opinion. But who knows, right?

I guess we can just wait for Blue Burst to be released then see what happens to Gamecube PSO from there. All you can truly do is just be patient.

Skorpius
Apr 12, 2005, 03:37 PM
Ep3.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Rianna_Type1
Apr 12, 2005, 03:39 PM
EP3 is even worse off. There isn't even any standard online quests for that game...

My friend and I are stuck to fighting the same COM tourney NPCs with the same cards they have or using the decks the COMs have offline.

Fuck even playing against humans online. 70% of the fights I tried online the other day had some faggot using Pollux. I don't have time to deal with that.

Tycho
Apr 12, 2005, 04:25 PM
As long as there are still (Japanese) people willing to play and pay for this, why would they quit it?

Or are they not giving us the few cool unreleased items as to force us to move to BB to get them? Because that would be really lame.

Corey
Apr 12, 2005, 05:19 PM
There is alot they can release on GC, item wise.

Hell, even some graphics and already obtainable items aren't bothered to be released.

I.E. One present color is available via server (the rest are LAZILY "Undecided"), but you can make all the present colors via AR. Or a RED RING quest, or WEAPONS quest, or a Seat of the Heart finisher, or Photon Crystal, etc. etc.

Hamburger3000
Apr 12, 2005, 07:17 PM
on ep 1-2 its not possible to add new monster?

if its possible, they will surely do it... with new drop and new weapon..

i hope .. because ill go online soon http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Fossil
Apr 12, 2005, 07:36 PM
They had the tower quests online before PSO+ came out. I wouldn't think they had the data already on the regular PSO discs and never added the quests, that'd just seem kind of dumb. Maybe it is possible to aad new things online, just with longer quest loading times?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fossil on 2005-04-12 17:36 ]</font>

Ryna
Apr 12, 2005, 08:07 PM
On 2005-04-12 17:36, Fossil wrote:
They had the tower quests online before PSO+ came out. I wouldn't think they had the data already on the regular PSO discs and never added the quests, that'd just seem kind of dumb. Maybe it is possible to aad new things online, just with longer quest loading times?

Actually, the Tower levels were already on the disc. There was just no way for people to play those levels legally using Episode 1&2.

Nai_Calus
Apr 12, 2005, 10:11 PM
On 2005-04-12 15:19, Corey wrote:
There is alot they can release on GC, item wise.

Hell, even some graphics and already obtainable items aren't bothered to be released.

I.E. One present color is available via server (the rest are LAZILY "Undecided"), but you can make all the present colors via AR. Or a RED RING quest, or WEAPONS quest, or a Seat of the Heart finisher, or Photon Crystal, etc. etc.

You can get all the colours... Or at least, you can if you did the present trading during Pioneer Christmas last year to get all the colours and show them to the guy in Gallon's Shop. ...Actually, I think he's still there, so you probably just need to find someone who has them all to make you a set.

And I could happily never play PSO again if only they would just FINISH Calus and Elly's story... T_T ...Preferably without the horrible, heart-rending angst the PS series is infamous for. >_>; But hell, I'll even take angst, if just to have resolution. >_<

Superguppie
Apr 13, 2005, 07:14 AM
On 2005-04-12 13:16, Thalui89 wrote:
the lack of updates is simply just the calling of a new age, the age of psobb, gc is almost past its time.

A new age. What a novel concept. Living in Europe, I think I might have to wait 2 or more years before that new age comes to me. Until then I will be stuck with what is there. Sega says Europe is important. Sega says GC is important. Sega says a lot without promising anything. If they are going to slack off on me and the other Europeans, they might at least have the decency to say so honestly...

Neith
Apr 13, 2005, 07:17 AM
Just import, or download from American site when BB is released, that's what I'm doing, not relying on BB arriving in Europe.

Superguppie
Apr 14, 2005, 06:10 AM
From the front page: BB should make it to EU in june. I wonder why they waited so long in announcing it...

RedSchwar
Apr 14, 2005, 09:13 AM
70% of the fights I tried online the other day had some faggot using Pollux.

WTF!!!

Saiffy
Apr 14, 2005, 09:57 AM
On 2005-04-14 07:13, RedSchwar wrote:

70% of the fights I tried online the other day had some faggot using Pollux.

WTF!!!

Wow. Complete spam. You can go play with the cool kids now.

It's a simple AR code. Now I don't recall there being one that let's you be NPCs online. But I haven't played episode 3 in months nor do I care to.

Corey
Apr 16, 2005, 10:28 AM
I have to find someone with the set of those present things?

I'll never see them then. -.-

Tycho
Apr 17, 2005, 04:11 PM
On 2005-04-16 08:28, Corey wrote:
I have to find someone with the set of those present things?

I'll never see them then. -.-

I have all of them, just ask me on PSO if you want them.

Corey
Apr 17, 2005, 08:40 PM
tycho tycho...

if only you posted one day earlier (oh. right, we couldnt >_<)

I'll...contact you in about a week from now