PDA

View Full Version : Competitive Forces

Nirvan
Apr 12, 2005, 10:05 PM
I was wondering wich is the best force for YOU.
It does'nt matter the gender, just to know wich should i make.
Thx for your time http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EJ
Apr 12, 2005, 10:14 PM
Depend on what you want to do.

Fomars/fomarls - have the best ATP and also can support very well.
Fonewm - are just nukers but can melee to some point but can be difficult to support team with S/D.
Fonewearl - are just supporters that can use techs but most I seen just sit around doing nothing but give S/D/J/Z which I personally find boring.

PJ
Apr 12, 2005, 10:17 PM
FOmarls - All around support/heal force, plus cute.
FOnewearl - Healer force, plus cute. Rapes Challenge mode with basic technique boost, although it's not as useful in higher levels IMO. TP regeneration is nice.
FOnewm - Offline destroyer. Cool looks, RA technique boost, TP regeneration.
FOmar - Melee/support force. Excellent power, a decent ATA growth (Despite the lack of maximum http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif), decent MST growth.

I like FOmars the best, personally.

Nai_Calus
Apr 12, 2005, 10:27 PM
FOmar.

Good balance of abilities, looks good, etc. You can techspam with him, you can melee with him, you can support, blahblahblah.

Hell, for techspam, he can cover every element but dark with his natural boosts - And while Gibarta lacks something(Like, not sucking...), Gizonde and Gifoie are excellent.

Shifta/Deband range boost is more useful than people give it credit for, and a Resta Merge fills in for the other side of things.

He may lack in ATA on paper, but honestly, in practice, there's not that much you can't hit - Especially if you play largely offline. Even online, you'll still be absolutely fine in 90% of the game. And that, of course, is what Hit % is for... Plus he has the ATP to back his swings up.

People will bitch about him up and down, but he's a very fun, capable character with a ton of versatility and the(IMO) generally superior male animations... His unique animations, in addition, are very good.

Tried a FOnewearl. Not for me. Hated it. Tried a FOnewm. Not for me either. Indifferent. Trying a FOmarl, but I'm not convinced one way or the other yet.

So... For me, the ONLY Force is FOmar. Yeah, FOnl is good in c-mode, but I've found that I loathe c-mode FOing. FOmar does what I want him to do. And he's the best-looking FO, too, as far as I'm concerned. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Rianna_Type1
Apr 12, 2005, 10:27 PM
On 2005-04-12 20:17, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
FOmar - Melee/support force. Excellent power, a decent ATA growth (Despite the lack of maximum http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif), decent MST growth.

Let's not cut the FOnewm and FOmar short, both of these forces also have GI technique boosts too.

So, FOmar can definitely light up the scene, if you know what I mean...!!!

EJ
Apr 12, 2005, 10:32 PM
On 2005-04-12 20:27, Rianna_Type1 wrote:

On 2005-04-12 20:17, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:

Let's not cut the FOnewm and FOmar short, both of these forces also have GI technique boosts too.

So, FOmar can definitely light up the scene, if you know what I mean...!!!

No, we don't know what you mean since I can say using a fomar is more enjoyable to play for me than any other force class.

Rianna_Type1
Apr 12, 2005, 10:38 PM
On 2005-04-12 20:32, ForceEJ wrote:
No, we don't know what you mean since I can say using a fomar is more enjoyable to play for me than any other force class.

What the hell are you talking about? Haha, I was just pointing out that both the FOnewm and FOmar have GI tech boosts as well and those weren't mentioned.

Just the FOmar's support role and FOnewm's RA boost..

PJ
Apr 12, 2005, 10:39 PM
On 2005-04-12 20:27, Ian-KunX wrote:
People will bitch about him up and down, but he's a very fun, capable character with a ton of versatility and the(IMO) generally superior male animations... His unique animations, in addition, are very good.

I know it's weird, but I personally find the male animations to be superior to the female animations (An opinion not shared by many, I noticed http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif).

Although I know the FOmar claw animation is better than the standard male one, I kinda wish the FOmar did have the standard male one http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif (What? I love the cartwheel http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

EJ
Apr 12, 2005, 10:47 PM
Make a Fomar since they are the best IMO and the other just get boring and suck after awhile.

Oh this just a opinion because...blahblahblahblah.

Rianna_Type1
Apr 12, 2005, 10:51 PM
On 2005-04-12 20:39, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
I know it's weird, but I personally find the male animations to be superior to the female animations (An opinion not shared by many, I noticed http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif).

Nah, they are better. Not just for looks either, for actual combat too.

A male Force is the best without any weapon equipped, in terms of speed. You cannot get a faster casting animation than this.

I used to own Dreamcast battle mode with a FOnewm who spammed Gibarta like mad without a weapon equipped.

This speed can be a life saver when you're casting and dodging shit..

FOnewearl without a weapon is the opposite. She casts so goddamn slow, it's terrible.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rianna_Type1 on 2005-04-12 20:52 ]</font>

anwserman
Apr 12, 2005, 10:54 PM
I enjoy the FOnewearl for the dumbest of reasons.
I make her melee.

Thats just me.
Plus the fact that you can switch on a mind mag in a jiffy and have her nuke within 20 seconds is damn useful too.

Rianna_Type1
Apr 12, 2005, 10:58 PM
I've used every Force class.

As far as what system and my preference:

Dreamcast - FOnewearl
Gamecube - FOmar

However, with Blue Burst, I think I will be making a FOnewm. I'd like to just nuke, although I'll support still, I want to just be mostly all out damage.

For anyone who hasn't made a FOmarl and equipped her with an INFERNO BAZOOKA, I suggest you do so now.

The FOmarl is the only class in the game that fires off the INFERNO BAZOOKA at lightning fast speed. It's crazy and even crazier with God/Battle.

I have no idea why they made this little woman fire the bazooka so extremely fast compared to all the other classes, even rangers, but it's very cute to see.

Tycho
Apr 13, 2005, 02:55 AM
FOmar:
- Ability to melee if you can get weapons with nice hit (worst ATA in the game)
- Good Gi- techs
- Fast casting without weapon (slow with one)
- S/D range

FOmarl:
- Ability to melee if you can get weapons with nice hit
- Good Grants
- R/A range
- S/D range
- Can wear female stuff

FOnewm:
- Ability to melee (or so people say.. still bad melee stats)
- Good Gi- and Ra- techs
- Fast casting without weapon (slow with one)
- TP regen

FOnewearl:
- Best MST and TP (best Resta!)
- Good Simple Techs
- Megid Penetration
- R/A range
- Can wear female stuff
- TP Regen

I know online nuking sucks, I don't want my FO to melee, don't want her to cast slow while wearing weapons, and wanted a decent Resta range, so...
I chose FOnewearl, because to me FOmarl's S/D range can't beat her advantages.

Hrith
Apr 13, 2005, 04:12 AM
FOnewearl, she can't melee (and is, in that sense, the only true Force), but does everything else better than any other Force class.

Mine is Lv 190, she never gets boring.

Saigan
Apr 13, 2005, 04:58 AM
FOmar is what I play but his ATA really hurts in ultimate episode 2... It maxes at 163 and even with 70% hit mechs I still miss on a regular basis. If I knew then what I know now I probably would have gone with FOmarl.

FOmar does very much rock for his S/D boost.

They also have style to spare and good attack animations.

SLON
Apr 13, 2005, 07:10 AM
Normal PSO - Fomar. Jack of all trades and master of none, perhaps, but variety is the spice of life (any more cliches I can think of?). Competent in everything.
Challenge Mode - Fonewearl. Best for TA play.

Nai_Calus
Apr 13, 2005, 10:30 AM
Tycho, the FOmar's casting speed with a weapon depends on what you're using. If you're stupid enough to use a Wand or Double Saber(On anybody, really, Wand/DS tech animations suck shit...) constantly, sure, he's slow with a weapon.

Male cast with a Cane-type isn't bad. Partisan is still plenty adequete, as are handgun/rifle. From long experience, the FOmar's Rod animation is barely slower than his unarmed animation - Only in the absolute worst of situations will you even notice anything, honestly.

FOmar's unique mechgun casting animation is also rather usable as well(Which is, I suppose, a boon for all the god-forsaken Mechgun FOmars running around...)

Honestly, I don't remember ever being impressed by the casting speed of the FOnewearl I had, with anything... Honestly, from what I remember, it was about the same.

The key lies in the weapon type you're using, of course, though, with all classes. Use a Rod-type on a FOmar(Everyone and their Mag wants a Psycho Wand but me, and that's his best animation), and you'll have little to no reason to complain about casting speed. Hell, I use a Striker on Zero sometimes just for looks...

Hrith
Apr 13, 2005, 10:50 AM
Wand/Double Saber casting animation is good on females (maybe not FOmarl, I forgot).

Females good casting animations:
Claw/unarmed
Slicer/saber/katana
Handgun/card
Wand/double saber

I don't see the point of P-Wand on a FOmar >_>

Unarmed FOmar (well, males) have faster casting animation, indeed.

I don't like FOmar and FOmarl because they are weak at everything (and anything they can do, another char can do it better), but they can still be fun. I totally lost interest in my FOmarl, mainly because I cannot stand her animations, they are all crappy, but I like my FOmar, fun to play despite being so weak.

Shiva91
Apr 13, 2005, 10:54 AM
Wee Fownewearl is the best, I finally got mine to be really powerfull in Mind and just started Her using the red saber O.O she rocks soooo much I kil in one hit with megid(I like to spam megid alot)and I beat down ppl with my cool Red Saber

rena-ko
Apr 13, 2005, 11:03 AM
my personal preference is fomarl. i usually make them full support / a lil melee with hit charge vulcs. furthermore i boost their defense and elemental defense (attribute wall) thus she survives anything. then 125 HP and TP mats, voila, a forcetank.

tho my fomls are pretty much useless on their own, they are grand with a few slaves ... err... teammates.

the worst thing about fomarl is that most of her animations are really really slow. if you find that annoying, fomar is your best bet.

fonl and fonm are.. well.. techwise powerhouses, as mentioned above a few times. and since techs are crippled online, well, you can guess that yourself. they dominate offline mode tho (given you work on their HP)

Nai_Calus
Apr 13, 2005, 11:41 AM
The point is pretty much the Rabarta boost, I guess. Gibarta's the only Gi-level tech that's really eh. Personally if I gave a crap about tech damage I'd slap a Sorceror's Cane on him and abuse his Gi-techs. XP

And if I gave a crap about TP conservation, I'd use Dark Bridge, because it takes less HP than PWand. XP

Personally I never saw the point of Pwand on anybody. XP FOnewearl's TP is so high she barely needs the cost reduction, and her HP is as bad as FOmar's...

FOnewm has a native boost to Ra-levels anyway, and his Rod animation sucks.

FOmarl... Well, she's got the HP for it, too bad she lacks anything else that might make it worthwhile.

FOmar... See what I already said. >_>;

And I personally HATE the female Wand/Double Saber tech animation, it IS better than the male one, but it's still eh, if you ask me. Then again, I'm not much on female characters outside of HUcaseal and possibly RAmarl, so I may be slightly biased. XP

Your FOmar is hideous, Kef, but I find myself loving him and wanting to hug him. <3 <3 <3

ChaoSaber
Apr 13, 2005, 11:47 AM
I know that its an opinon, but the FOnewearl rocks!
she has the best TP, and she hurts!

Nirvan
Apr 13, 2005, 12:36 PM
I nnow have taken my desision....A FOmar!!
They have great animation on almost any weapon he have a D/S hes a Yellowbooze andhe has prety good tp/ mst http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ChaoSaber
Apr 14, 2005, 11:26 AM
well i think FOnewearl is the best for me

Tycho
Apr 17, 2005, 04:33 PM
Ian wrote:
And I personally HATE the female Wand/Double Saber tech animation.

You're implying the female Forces have the same Wand animation, they don't. :/
I don't know about the Twinsaber's.

On 2005-04-13 10:36, Nirvan wrote:
I nnow have taken my desision....A FOmar!!
They have great animation on almost any weapon he have a D/S hes a Yellowbooze andhe has prety good tp/ mst http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

FOmar's MST and TP sucks, and you probably meant "my FOmar is Yellowboze" rather than "FOmar is Yellowboze"... >_>

Skorpius
Apr 17, 2005, 04:39 PM
Force topics are dumb because people think they know what they're talking about and argue too much to be usefull.

Hrith
Apr 17, 2005, 04:56 PM
On 2005-04-17 14:39, Skorpius wrote:
Force topics are dumb because people think they know what they're talking about and argue too much to be usefull.Replies like this are dumb, because people think they know what they're talking about but are too condescending to be useful.

Tycho
Apr 17, 2005, 05:11 PM
I listed facts in my first post... <_<

Nirvan
Apr 17, 2005, 09:13 PM
Yep, Tucho was right.
I made a Fonwem, a Fomar is the worst FOrce (well kinda).
A no this Topic is not useless could help PSO newbies http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rianna_Type1
Apr 17, 2005, 09:20 PM
IMHO, there is no "worst force".

Each Force is special at different things. Depending on how you want to play, that is the Force you pick.

That's pretty much the bottom line.

Skorpius
Apr 17, 2005, 09:22 PM
On 2005-04-17 19:20, Rianna_Type1 wrote:
IMHO, there is no "worst force".

Each Force is special at different things. Depending on how you want to play, that is the Force you pick.

That's pretty much the bottom line.

Which was my point. A discussion of why THIS force is better than THAT force is fucking retarded. We all should know every character has it;s strengths and weaknesses and each one is "better" than any other. A Force is a Force, and each one does its own thing equally as well as any other.

Dhylec
Apr 17, 2005, 10:15 PM
ok, will you people please take it more lightly on the matter?
everyone has an opinion on who's better or worse, but remember they are mostly opinons, ideas & preferences
so, whatever said is not absolute, it's all relative

try to respect each other's opinion/s, otherwise we keep getting locked-up topics due to flamings & derailments - it's not fun for any of us =|

Nai_Calus
Apr 17, 2005, 11:50 PM
I don't like the FOmarl's wand animation either, Tycho, come on, who the heck doesn't know by now that they're different? Wait, the three n00bs reading this. HEY N00BS YEAH FOMARL AND FONEWEARL HAVE DIFFERENT WAND ANIMATIONS. I DON'T LIKE EITHER. THIS SHOULD BE OBVIOUS BUT APPARENTLY ISN'T. :D

And. Um. Your comment re FOmar's MST/TP... WTF, yo? Hello. He is a FORCE. By DEFINITION his MST/TP are high. For that matter, his isn't even the lowest of the Forces, that "honour" goes to the FOmarl. I suppose HUnewearl's MST 'sucks'? Honestly... The third best MST in the game sucks? I know you get high off FOnls, but please, be somewhat reasonable with this. O_o;

Apply the same statement to other classes and it's hilarious...

"HUcast's DFP and HP sucks" (Third best of game for both...)

"RAcaseal's ATA and ATP suck." (Third best of Rangers for both)

"RAcast's ATP sucks" (Third best in game(Assuming online play with a competent Force, offline/solo online it's HUmar as HUnewearl's S/D compensates enough for her lower base to bump her up three places...))

"HUcaseal's EVP sucks" (Again, third best in game)

So... Clarify to me, please, exactly how FOmar's MST and TP 'Suck'? Go ahead and attack his HP and DFP and ATA, even I admit they're shitty(Though his HP and DFP eventually do pass FOnewearl's...), but come on. His MST/TP? :-/ I know you can come up with better than that. >_<

Nirvan
Apr 18, 2005, 12:55 AM
The HUcast is the best hunter for me (and for the other intelligent poeple).
And FOmars has the second worst Mst.
NOTE:
This is my personal opinion.

Skorpius
Apr 18, 2005, 01:23 AM
Well, as a note, insulting others' intelligence because they prefer, say.. NON-HUcast for a Hunter, and then stating a warped fact that clearly calls FOmars "helf-empty" is NOT a good way to front your opinion.

Kaply
Apr 18, 2005, 10:11 AM
I'm exclusively in offline so my opinions may differ

In offline mode where it's still viable to spam techs to kill stuff, I'm finding that any of them that gives a boost to gi or ra techs are very useful, regardless of their actual MST. Thus FOnewm & FOmar are "easier" to play than the other two. While FOnewearl may have the best single target damage techs, you'll still clear rooms faster with someone who has gi/ra techs boosted. In addition the boost in grants that a FOmar has does come in handy in Ultimate when you have to deal with stuff like the hildetorrs. Thus FOmar gets my nod. The overall boost from percentages > the MST boost that the class gets unless you get to the point where one of them can one hit kill with a tech. But generally for the life of the game (for me anyway) they'll generally be relatively even in damage. This opinion is also jaded in one more perspective, I have a gifoie merge so my gifoie spells do more damage than normal.

In short, for offline:
1 - you want someone who has a boost to area spells.
2 - you'll want to consider what items you currently have that will boost your spells.
3 - disregard 1&2 if you don't like the way the characters look, eventually all of them will get powerful enough that there is very little difference in tech offensive powers.

edit: also to note, this may change if you play more in ep2

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kaply on 2005-04-18 08:58 ]</font>

Tycho
Apr 18, 2005, 11:09 AM
On 2005-04-17 21:50, Ian-KunX wrote:

I was comparing FOmar to the other Forces, not to non-FO characters. :/
Yesterday I played with a FOmarl (higher level than me) that had only 2/3 of my max TP. As compared to non-FO characters that's still good, but it's still a significant difference.

@Nirvan:
HUcasts are not easy to play, because of their low ATA. This may make them more attractive to hardcore players that are willing to search for weapons with high hit, but I think there are also a lot of newbie players that go for HUcast just because they read he had the highest ATP (and HP and freeze trap growth) in the game. While on the other hand some "intelligent" players may want to go for another Hunter just for style. In the end people are unlikely to base their character class decision based only on some stat differences, looks are probably more important. I have two Hunters, neither of them is a Cast (or Mar). To me HUcast looks bad, so I didn't care about his ATP.

Nai_Calus
Apr 18, 2005, 06:53 PM
Even comparing him to other Forces, saying it 'sucks' is still ludicrous. >_>;

Also, unless you're a low level or spamming damage techs(In which case I hate you for cancelling...), ANY Force's TP is more than adequete. Yes, sometimes Zero can't even heal himself all the way(Usually when I'm meleeing and thus not boosting my MST in any way... Funny how it's still good enough even then unless you're playing with people who do nothing but lose 3/4 of their HP, constantly), but honestly... It doesn't "suck".

When I started playing online, I'd go through 10 Trifluids on a TTF doing nothing but support. Now, it's been a while, but I don't recall using more than about 4 or so last time, if that many. With a FOmar and his 'sucky' TP, even. Now, if you want something that actually DOES matter, pick on my inability to legitly have more than 2x Resta range. XP ...Though you can always just multi-equip Resta Merges. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Maybe I'm just irked that you singled out FOmar, and not the even 'worse' FOmarl, or the still lower FOnewm. XP

...And this is why I use Zero even when I'm sick to shit and back of support. >_> I hate other Forces. Especially other FOmars, but. T_T

Tycho
Apr 18, 2005, 08:13 PM
On 2005-04-18 16:53, Ian-KunX wrote:

I'm sorry, I guess I shouldn't have put it that way. You're right.