PDA

View Full Version : Androids

Yueri
Apr 13, 2005, 12:05 AM
Well, right or wrong forum? I don't know.
Feel free to move it to where it might fit.

But ever since I started my PSO manga/comic I have been wondering about what the androids of PSO really are...
Just plain machines or are there humans inside their body's?

Then I got to think about that mission in ep. 1 on GC at least, can't remember what it's called, but you where supposed to find body parts of a HUcast. That means that there couldn't have been anything human about him. Except his feelings/emotions and such, yes?

What's your opinion/knowledge on PSO androids?

Rabid
Apr 13, 2005, 12:08 AM
Androids are teh l33tz0r....I love em. I have a RAcast and a HUcast.

I think they are straight up robots, not humans inside the bodies.

Stag
Apr 13, 2005, 12:13 AM
I have played HUcast mainly since PSO version 1... It's my favorite and I'd have to say....machines...

biggabertha
Apr 13, 2005, 12:20 AM
In the quests where you get the Soul eater from Kireek, after you beat him for the second time, he makes a comment about a feeling. That it is coming from his brain.

My conclusion is that androids are robots with a highly sophisticated AI (Artificial Inrelligence) and through battles, are able to upgrade themselves accordingly much like how beat-em up AI's do. They begin to learn more about themselves and they're surrounding opponents. If you know Star trek: The Next Generation, Commander Data is a very good example of an android and yet has no biological components. (Until the film that is...)

The only quibble I have here is how is it that you can go out with a human or newman if you are an android... (White day and Valentine quests...) That must also mean that they have "love" built into them.

Or not as the case may be...

Arnot
Apr 13, 2005, 04:47 AM
They cant really be Machines :/ Humans program machines, like the Gilchics and every other enemy in the mines. But Androids can think for themselves, they have a "soul". (This is just my opinion, after seeing Ghost in the Shell) But they definitly aren't piloted by humans. So just think of them as cyborgs, mostly mechanical with human hearts... or something like that. Or just think Robocop or like I stated earlier, Ghost in the Shell.

But back to topic, is your PSO comic online? and if so where can I find it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arnot on 2005-04-13 02:48 ]</font>

Neith
Apr 13, 2005, 07:05 AM
'Androids' in PSO. In my opinion, they are created by human/newman scientists, but are meant to learn, adapt, communicate, (function as a living being), rather than an automoton (like a Gillchich) I suppose they are designed to be superior to humans/newmans in combat, as they lack any strong sense of emotion, which could be considered a weak point of non-androids. Shino in Seek my Master is lonely as she is without her master, Great Sword Zoke, but she does comment that she is an 'older' model, possibly indicating that emotional contact has been routed out of the newer models?

Yueri
Apr 13, 2005, 09:19 AM
Interesting facts you all brought up.

But to think of it... In ep. 3, I talked to Hyze at some point, and he talked about his love for music. He brought up the question why he doesn't have any instruments. And later on refering that his heart beat was they only instrument he possibly could be needing...

I've thought on that one for a while, if it was just a translation miss or just the way of thinking to Hyze.

On 2005-04-13 02:47, Arnot wrote:
But back to topic, is your PSO comic online? and if so where can I find it?

It isn't done yet. I'm still stuck on tiny details, like this one. I just need to get it all clear before I could actually start drawing it all.

Stelth34
Apr 13, 2005, 10:05 AM
im stuk on that mission

but i think androids are just mchenes

CAstra
Apr 23, 2005, 03:26 PM
I personally, having a RAcast as a main character, think that they are humans in bodysuits. The occupant of the suit posesses a greater physical strength than non-androids, but the wearer's mental strength is extremely hindered, disabling the use of techniques. However, it is your comic, so you may do what you want.

-CAstra

kazuma56
Apr 23, 2005, 03:35 PM
going by the original series, they are either cyborgs or humanoids, choose your pick.

Luis
Apr 23, 2005, 03:54 PM
anyone ever watched robocop?, well at least they dont eat baby food.

JODDY
Apr 23, 2005, 04:20 PM
This is what I got off of a free online dictionary.
Just remember this is from our real world. The androids you want to know about are from a made up world. I have no opinion about it myself.

android

adj.
Possessing human features.

n.
An automaton that is created from biological materials and resembles a human. Also called humanoid.

Sacred_One
Apr 23, 2005, 04:37 PM
Elenor..even as an android, she has developed Human emotions. They are not just machines, they are almost same as newmans and humans.

sSeldomToasTt
Apr 23, 2005, 08:15 PM
I'm pretty positive that they're just machines. I believe the quest you were thinking of is titled "Letter from Lionel," in which it is your duty to find and bring back Lionel's lost body parts. If there was a human inside of him, those parts wouldn't matter, he woulda just ran off and picked them up himself. He also talks about how he went into sleep mode. Usually humans can't put themselves to sleep whenever the want to, or I would actually get some sleep at night... http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 23, 2005, 08:38 PM
You know, that does bring up a question myself about Hyze. If he's a singer, why isn't he using a Crazy Tune as his weapon? Anyway, yes. Androids are Robots that can think for themselves. Its stated over and over that they're made by the humans and newmen, but the proof that they can act of their own accord is pretty much proven in the quest Soul of Steel.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2005-04-23 18:43 ]</font>

Blitzkommando
Apr 23, 2005, 08:55 PM
Interresting thoughts. Yes, there is no human/newman inside, however... Remember from Soul of Steel? Ult, a prototype, has the power to 'evolve'. Now, in my taking of the storyline, this means she can better herself and build on herself. She has the 'abnormal photons' infused in her, which is part of her 'evolution'. As that, I think, they have a similar case, like an earlier poster said, to Data of Star Trek. Meaning, they have the power to, I don't know, 'transcend'. Take that as you will, but, to me anyway, that means they have the ability in the future, to become biological. And I think that alone is good enough for a fantastic story/comic of its own.

AzureBlaze
Apr 23, 2005, 11:36 PM
Post may contain spoilers! (ep3)

Androids arn't alive...
Which is why they can't use techniques. It takes a living brain to cast anything, that's why you can't have FOcast ever. It's stated in the game that you have to be alive to do it, so some androids are jealous.
You don't have to be alive to have feelings, you don't need to be alive to think and learn. Sometimes, you don't need a heart, to have a heart. Just look at Lura. She didn't need that MaidenCircuit after all.
Robocop is a cyborg, (something that is part living/part machine that CANT exist without it's other parts. He'd of died with out the robocop shell, he's just a head) Probably, if robo was in PSO, he could cast becuase he has what it takes: The human brain.
As for why Hyze doesn't use the Crazy Tune? (He TOTALLY SHOULD! Hyze is my favorite out of Ep3, he would be awesome with it) But, someone needed to have the "Chaotic Attack" attacking range...and he got stuck with it. The yamatos or whatever he has are all that makes sense. Tune swings like a sword (3 blocks in front) He was probably a casualty of play mechanics....

Sacred_One
Apr 24, 2005, 02:42 AM
Androids may have emotions, they might have carried on people's emotions by studying them or has been created for a soul purpose. This is what I think. However I can never change the real facts about them.

Getintothegame
Apr 24, 2005, 12:49 PM
Episode 3 calls them Humanoids. But I just think of androids as highly intellegent machines.

Jess_01
Apr 26, 2005, 01:46 PM
I think they're just robots
nothing human inside
a civilisation, which can travel to other solar systems, can build intelligent robots

RadiantLegend
Apr 26, 2005, 02:44 PM
*_* can't droids use magic in PSU? I thought i read it somewhere....

<__<; maybe it was a dream.

kazuma56
Apr 26, 2005, 03:00 PM
in the old PS series, andriods could use techs, not in the sense that everyone in PSO does, but by shooting it outta their chest or casting similar moves which are named differently (barrier = deband)

PJ
Apr 26, 2005, 03:38 PM
On 2005-04-24 10:49, Getintothegame wrote:
Episode 3 calls them Humanoids. But I just think of androids as highly intellegent machines.

There's a story reason for that though, so it's different. And they even mention that they were called androids before.

Genoa
Apr 26, 2005, 05:08 PM
Humans: Terrestrial beings
Newmans: 1/2 Terrestrial, 1/2 Beast
Android: Artificial Intelligent Mechanical Unit. Can perform multiple different tasks, many of them simitaniously.
Robot: Manual Controlled Mechanical Unit. Can perform multiple different tasks.
Droid: Programmed Mechanical Unit. Can only perform a single task at a time.
(the prefix of An in Android pretty much signifies the A.I. function)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2005-04-26 15:13 ]</font>

Androphonius
Apr 26, 2005, 06:10 PM
Actually Android comes from ancient Greek, the "And" prefix means "man" - and just as, say, cuboid means cube-like-shape, android means [hu]man-like.

There are other examples of this eg. Alexander - saviour of man.