PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Slayer

Ancient
Apr 13, 2005, 08:10 PM
I'm totally enjoying my new artbooks so I've been doing some sketchs and thought I'd post one up here. Its very rough, and I wont be working anymore on it. I did it to get some practice drawing the Dragon slayer, which is a totally bad-ass sword when drawn, that just happens to look totally gay in game. So, naturally, the sword got the most attention. I gave the piece a quick coloring in photoshop just for kicks.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/MSD3000/dragonslayer.jpg

Sacred_One
Apr 13, 2005, 08:30 PM
What a beautiful picture you have here. That HUnewearl reminds of my previous Characters I have.

Jehosaphaty
Apr 13, 2005, 08:41 PM
really great pic ancient. i hate to throw in a bit of criticism, but the darker gray band around her neck kinda looks funny. dunno, maybe its me, but still really nice for a sketch

Sacred_One
Apr 13, 2005, 08:43 PM
It must be a shadow or her hair.

Dhylec
Apr 13, 2005, 08:58 PM
the sword is nice & detailed, but rather small comparing to the hune =)

Ancient
Apr 13, 2005, 10:07 PM
Well since the pic was more on the realistic side than my normal stuff, I didnt think it would look to great for the sword to be huge like normal. Plus in my mind she's about 5'11, so she's not as scrawny as the usual lot.
And the gray thingy is just the hunawerls usual neck armor. She's scrunching her shoulders, so the armor is not in its usual place, plus you hardly ever see a hunawerl from the back (drawn) anyway. I didnt use any particular suite color from the game either, just picked one at random.

Sagasu
Apr 13, 2005, 10:28 PM
The hunewearls color scheme <3

Very sexy sword, It'll be awesome to see what you can do with it in a cleaner pic. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sharkyland
Apr 13, 2005, 10:57 PM
I thought the Dragon Slayer was a bigger than that... kinda looks like the side of kaladbolg or db saber, still... it's a great picture.

Ancient
Apr 13, 2005, 11:20 PM
Yes, the sword is bigger in game, a tad silly big really. Thats fine for the big whoppin Hucasts but it would look kinda silly if a lithe Newman hunter was swinging around a sword bigger than her torso. In this pic I went for a more real look, and the sword is about the size an actual two handed Claymore or bastard sword would be. Anything bigger and it would look like she couldnet fight with it. Not only that, if I drew it the correct size in the same pose you damn near wouldnt be able to see her at all.

Rhedshirt
Apr 14, 2005, 12:43 AM
I really dig the perspective of this picture. I think what you did with resizing the sword really works for the best, and it all looks fantastic.

Scejntjynahl
Apr 14, 2005, 09:20 AM
>.> Wow it seems she is wearing a Brazilian style thong. <.<

But the size of the sword is adequate, it fits her very well. And I agree it would look somewhat odd for her to hold a sword that is bigger than her. Sometimes the mechanics of the game don't make any real sense to me, but then again it is only a game. But I am glad that you went for some "realism" about the proportions. And it is quite refreshing that you have shown a side of HUnewearls that is mostly ignored on purpose by ... uhm... certain individuals.

Ancient
Apr 17, 2005, 09:49 PM
well the thong was just something I threw on there since I noticed her pants were so very low on her hips. Otherwise it might have given the impression that she was going commando all over Ragol o__O
Next time I'll have to plan out the undergarment situation a bit better for better results...