PDA

View Full Version : GC-Quest: Addicting food. Too addicting?

Comethius
Apr 13, 2005, 10:50 PM
I have been playing in hard mode for quite awhile now. I have been playing the Addicting food quest for more times than I can count. The reason I do so is because this is a good quest to get lots of experience in a short period of time.

You see when I play this quest I only play until I get to the end of cave 1 and restart the quest until I level up. Then I quit the game so it will save.

Another reason I've been playing this quest is because I'm trying to level up all of my characters together, instead of just playing with one until they get so far and then play with another one.

My question is, am I spending too much time in hard mode. Currently all of my characters (which is four altogether) are at lv48. Almost all of my characters have their mags at level 200 and I think I'm ready for v-hard mode.

Its just so easy to level up where I'm at right now though. I can get over 8000 exp by doing just one cave 1 in the quest.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

PJ
Apr 13, 2005, 10:52 PM
If Hard Mode is easy for you, beat down Hard Falz and do Addicting Food in very hard, if that's how youl ike to level up http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Comethius
Apr 13, 2005, 10:59 PM
On 2005-04-13 20:52, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
If Hard Mode is easy for you, beat down Hard Falz and do Addicting Food in very hard, if that's how youl ike to level up http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I'm not sure if its easy enough for me to just beat hard mode.

I mean I want to get there, but I also want to be able to play the game without having to worry about getting beat up to severly by the monsters. I'm sure that my hunters and my ranger would survive alright, but I also have a force to think about as well.

The first time I played this version of pso, I had a HUmar and I got him to ultimate mode like at level 58 and although I was impressed to get that far at such a low level. The fact is I kept having more trouble than necessary with defeating the enemmies, I had to end up going back to v-hard.

I was just wondering if I should level up a bit more before trying to move on?

Rabid
Apr 13, 2005, 11:01 PM
Go to VH man...lol...level up there.

You'll do fine
(this is what Ive gathered from just skimming through the information)

Comethius
Apr 13, 2005, 11:06 PM
On 2005-04-13 21:01, Rabid wrote:
Go to VH man...lol...level up there.

You'll do fine
(this is what Ive gathered from just skimming through the information)

lol yeah I think I might just do that. To be honest with you, I'm starting to get very tired of doing the same thing over and over.
I'm not saying I wont be doing the same quest in v-hard, but atleast I'll be getting even more experience and probably better rares too.

PJ
Apr 13, 2005, 11:11 PM
You can get some nice things from Nar Lily's in Very Hard

Plus, at level 48 I don't think you'd have much of a problem in Very Hard.

Saigan
Apr 13, 2005, 11:18 PM
Yeah... definately time for very hard. Your characters will level up MUCH faster there. As soon as you gain access to ult do forest runs until you're comfortable beating the Sil Dragon. Addicting food is much cooler in ultimate, plus you'll have the chance to find some great rare items.

Tycho
Apr 14, 2005, 05:16 AM
At your level, you could just rush through VH, I think you should be able to get into Ultimate already, if either you have decent stuff, or level up a bit and try hard.
The best way for you to train would be Battle Training in Ultimate, if you can manage to get there. Having Kireek for a shield is great, especially if your main chara is a Ranger. Just level up there (or if you're strong enough just go beat the Dragon all the time) until you reached level 80, so you could tag along with high-level people online.

el33tmaikeru
Apr 17, 2005, 06:41 PM
The best thing about V.Hard Mode is, indeed the exp boosts from hard to v.hard, as well as transitios to other modes. Another ditinguishing note for V.Hard mode is that finding Red Boxes becomes more common (not as common as Ultimate).

Your idea of the Addicting Food reruns is excellent since indeed there are many waves of sharks and the like. Its like playing online mode, but going solo, and with offline statistics.

You are capable of running through the Forest, Caves, Mines, and Ruins with your characters on V.Hard Mode. Just stick to the strategies you had through Hard mode, taking into consideration that the enemies are noticeably faster (watch for Pal Sharks and above).

If you want a real challenge, tackle Episode 2, since the monsters there give more experience than that of Episode 1 monsters. And Barba Ray gives good stuff too, if your lucky XD.