PDA

View Full Version : will GC and XBOX be online together?

mikev2
Jul 26, 2002, 01:04 PM
(quote from http://tkdsouth.tripod.com/index.pso.html)

Xbox Live Beta Test to begin by 9/20
Microsoft has announced that they wish to start the Xbox Live beta tests before the Tokyo Game Show, which will be held from September 20th - September 22nd, 2002. Revolt will be used for testing in the U.S. and Phantasy Star Online will be used for Japanese tests. It is unclear what software will be used in other countries.

Also they will be crossing over with the GC version during the last minutes of testing.

TeamPhalanx
Jul 26, 2002, 01:09 PM
I question the validity of the site, especially since it no longer exists

Kalbelgarion
Jul 26, 2002, 01:12 PM
Nope. I doubt the truthfulness of that story. Sonic Team and Microsoft have said many times that PSO will be on the XBOX Live servers, and Live will have closed servers.

mikev2
Jul 26, 2002, 01:24 PM
the site does work ??
Posted: 2002-07-26 11:04 (quote from http://tkdsouth.tripod.com/index.pso.html ) Xbox Live Beta Test to begin by 9/20 Microsoft has announced that they wish to start the Xbox Live beta tests before the Tokyo Game Show, which will be held from September 20th - September 22nd, 2002. Revolt will be used for testing in the U.S. and Phantasy Star Online will be used for Japanese tests. It is unclear what software will be used in other countries. Also they will be crossing over with the GC version during the last minutes of testing.
the site does work?

Ian D
Jul 26, 2002, 01:58 PM
I wouldn't take a tripod site very seriously of I were you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Y0SHI on 2002-07-26 11:59 ]</font>

mikev2
Jul 26, 2002, 02:01 PM
you would 'nt ?? why not m8 a web site is a web site, i dnt understand########?

inferno10
Jul 26, 2002, 02:43 PM
Yes. A website is a website. But the source of the news is what matters. And Tripod pages aren't professional pages, so they tend to not have the real insider information that sites like Gamespot and IGN can get. It's like looking at a Tripod website that says that the US was never attacked by Al Qaeda, while noteworthy sites like CNN and NBC say otherwise.

Drunk
Jul 26, 2002, 03:12 PM
How about DC to GC PSO? I believe GC PSO is, in fact, two seperate disks. One features the original and the other features episode II. I wonder (and I know it is very unlikely) if you can play Episode I online and join DC players?

rbf2000
Jul 26, 2002, 03:23 PM
On 2002-07-26 13:12, Drunk wrote:
How about DC to GC PSO? I believe GC PSO is, in fact, two seperate disks. One features the original and the other features episode II. I wonder (and I know it is very unlikely) if you can play Episode I online and join DC players?

Last I checked, it was one disk. GCN servers seperate from DC because of massive cheating in DC.

TeamPhalanx
Jul 26, 2002, 04:40 PM
On 2002-07-26 13:12, Drunk wrote:

DC/GC cross-platform play was the original plan, but it was axed due to the rampant cheating in the DC version.

There's nothing to regulate a website. It's not like newspapers of magazines where one's reputation is at stake. A website is free to report any and all rumors. Best to ignore such info unless it comes for a valid and credible source.

Mag_Launcher
Jul 26, 2002, 04:48 PM
The reason Gc isn't connected to DC:
Well, would YOU like to get NOLed as soon as you started Episode 2? I wouldn't.

The reason GC isn't connected to Xbox:
1. communication methods are totally different.
2. Sega didn't feel having ELITIST ASSHOLES, PRICKS, AND BITCH-ASS FANBOY MOTHERF***ERS running around in the GC servers would be a good idea.

I could see it now, Xbox and GC... lobbys filled to the brim with people who can't agree on which system to go with, and to see games named "Xbox users only" or "No GC kiddies" and stupid s*** like that. As you can tell, I HATE Xbox fanboys with a passion. They are the most stuck up, biased, childish people on the planet, and would personally like to see them just shut the hell up for once.

merlin
Jul 26, 2002, 06:41 PM
Won't be compatible as far as I've found out.

Apparently Microsoft is using a sort of "intranet" for their online games.

Time will tell.

Kalbelgarion
Jul 26, 2002, 09:09 PM
I could see it now, Xbox and GC... lobbys filled to the brim with people who can't agree on which system to go with, and to see games named "GCN users only" or "No rich XBOX idiots" and stupid s*** like that. As you can tell, I HATE GCN fanboys with a passion. They are the most stuck up, biased, childish people on the planet, and would personally like to see them just shut the hell up for once.

Now, I don't agree with what I "wrote" above, but do you see how stupid it sounds?

Mag_Launcher, don't hate fanboys. Laugh at them. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Malkavian
Jul 26, 2002, 09:16 PM
LOL
I think most poeple would be pleased with gc-xbox compatibility

Kalbelgarion
Jul 26, 2002, 09:30 PM
On 2002-07-26 19:16, Malkavian wrote:
LOL
I think most poeple would be pleased with gc-xbox compatibility

Well...there's an up-side and a down-side to it.

Pro:
-All of the PSO community would be able to play together.

Cons:
-Each specific piece of hardware would not be used to it's full potential (XBOX HDD, XBOX BB-only, GCN's card game, et al)
-When cheating breaks out on one side (And it's a mystery which side cheating will being on first), it'll contaminate the other side.

So, either way, I'm happy.

Marou
Jul 26, 2002, 11:20 PM
I'm fairly certain that the breaks will be on the Gamecube side. There is already a Gamecube Shark...there will never be an XBox one. No-one wants to release a piece of hardware than can and will be broken by MS through a patch to the OS.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Marou on 2002-07-26 21:21 ]</font>

ERaZer
Jul 27, 2002, 08:18 AM
I've seen a Shark for the XBox on several big preorder sites, I think its been annouced at some time but since I dont own a Xbox I dont check news and stuff about it. I dont think MS would release a patch to brake the Shark, however ST would release a patch to stop the Shark on online PSO...

Ian D
Jul 27, 2002, 11:15 PM
[Edit: Posted in the wrong thread X.x;]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Y0SHI on 2002-07-27 21:15 ]</font>

ChokingVictim
Jul 28, 2002, 11:13 PM
xbox live will be a closed system, that and the communication modes are completely different... i doubt that the GC modem could do multiple voices

Ranma
Jul 29, 2002, 12:43 AM
As long as I can go online it's fine with me. But,I know a few people that I want to play with that only has an X-Box. It would be cool if there were no fanboys that would start talking about people that have the system opposite to what they have and going off about why there system is better.

saffaya
Jul 29, 2002, 02:37 AM
I dont think MS would release a patch to brake the Shark, however ST would release a patch to stop the Shark on online PSO...

M$ can update the OS on the Xbox when you connect to Live! thanks to broadband and Hard disk. Their policy is to promote their network as safe. They won't sit idle with kids messing up online gameplay with sharks.
ST can't do anything on your end with your gamecube. They can only patch their servers.