PDA

View Full Version : Mag: stats and levelling

Zubon
Apr 14, 2005, 08:43 AM
When the guides list what stats you need at what level they say something like: POW>DEX>MND.

Does that mean that DEF doesn't influence what you get? Other than it, apparently, having to be under 45 at level 50 for some evolutions?

Basically, I have a HUnewearl, and I want her to get an Apsaras at level 50. From what I've seen in a guide I'm using that means I need to get POW>MND>DEX at level 50. Presuming that's correct, does it matter what forms my MAG goes through before that point?

Sorry for this newbie question, but I haven't played PSO since it first came out on the Dreamcast. (I was a HUnewearl called Red, with red hair and a white costume, if anyone remembers. ^_~)

Ryna
Apr 14, 2005, 09:06 AM
On 2005-04-14 06:43, Zubon wrote:
Basically, I have a HUnewearl, and I want her to get an Apsaras at level 50. From what I've seen in a guide I'm using that means I need to get POW>MND>DEX at level 50. Presuming that's correct, does it matter what forms my MAG goes through before that point?

It doesn't matter what forms the mag goes through before it reaches level 50. The important thing is that its POW stat is greater than MIND, which in turn should be greater than DEX. Presumably, DEF should probably be the lowest of those four.

When it does reach level 50, you'll have to have a Greenill, Bluefull, Pinkal, Oran, or Whitill Hunter feed it to turn it into an Apsaras.

Sorry for this newbie question, but I haven't played PSO since it first came out on the Dreamcast. (I was a HUnewearl called Red, with red hair and a white costume, if anyone remembers. ^_~)

Welcome to PSOW. I'm sure there were a lot of Hunewearls named Red back then. ;p Just be sure to look over the guides that are available on the site and the stickies at the top of each subforum. You'll find a lot of useful information there.

el33tmaikeru
Apr 17, 2005, 06:57 PM
The deal with Mag Evo's after level 50 is that it constantly evolves.

For example: You want an Apsaras (Power > Mind > Dexterity)
By the time you mag (Rudra, Marutah, or Vayu) is level 49, ou have to make sure you Mag's power stat is higher than its mind stat, and its mind stat is higher than its dexteriry stat. (i.e.
Def:10
Pow:20
Dex:9
Mind:11

to make it an Apsaras.

After every five leves (55, 60, 65, etc.) you mag will either stay the same course, or evolve into something else (Class and Id matters to)

For example (w/ that Apsaras in mind) If you give your Apsaras to a Pinkal FOmarl, @ level 60, it will evolve into a Naga (Power > Mind > Dex), at level 65, if you give it back, it will change back into Apsaras (you must feed it to evolve).

Changing your mags stat ratio from Pow > Mind > Dex to Pow > Dex > Mind will change it to a Kama (Power > Dex > Mind).

In other words, Mag types aren't permanent (xcept special mag evolutions). They will change even at Lv. 200

Hope this helps.

Wrynn
Apr 20, 2005, 09:02 AM
I have a level 36 Marutah and i dont know what items to give it to increase its ATK and its DEX but keep its DEX the highest so i can get an Ila.
Its stats are:
DEF: 5
POW: 6
DEX: 24
MIND: 1
(by the way im a HUcaseal Yellowboze mag type A)
From the guide im using i should be able to get Ila because im a mag type A, but i need it to have good POW to and i dont know what items to give it. Please help?!

Ryna
Apr 20, 2005, 09:20 AM
On 2005-04-20 07:02, Wrynn wrote:
I have a level 36 Marutah and i dont know what items to give it to increase its ATK and its DEX but keep its DEX the highest so i can get an Ila.
Its stats are:
DEF: 5
POW: 6
DEX: 24
MIND: 1
(by the way im a HUcaseal Yellowboze mag type A)
From the guide im using i should be able to get Ila because im a mag type A, but i need it to have good POW to and i dont know what items to give it. Please help?!

Have a look at this guide and scroll down to Marutah:

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1021

Depending on what stats you want the mag to have, it looks like the best item to feed it would be antidotes. That will raise pow and dex. If you find the pow stat is insufficient, try feeding it some dimates.