PDA

View Full Version : Dark/Hell Rifles are bad ass..

JinxJinxJinx
Apr 17, 2005, 04:26 PM
Within a 3 hit combo with my RAmar i kill ANYTHING in 3 hits(some times i dont http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

Anyone out there also notice how good these ares?
and in Ultimate will it also be as good?

Tycho
Apr 17, 2005, 04:43 PM
In Ultimate the enemy resistances, especially online, will be terribly high. In episode 1, don't expect it to work. In episode two it might work, but killing stuff the regular way will be easier, especially in a high level team with a FO. And when you have a FO, even a 50 hit Hell Laser won't be able to compete anymore, against the Force's Megid and the physical strength of the rest of the team.

You won't be able to rely on it later on.

el33tmaikeru
Apr 17, 2005, 06:46 PM
One noticeable thing about RAmars is their accuracy. And due to the Hell/series weapons, makes them deadly snipers. The down side is of course ultimate and online resistances. Another note to make is that Hell/series is only good on rifle/type and handgun/type weapons. My brother had a Hell Launcher and it didn't do jack.

My brother gets to cocky w/his RAmar; I've grown to dislike RAmars that way.

HuComatose
Apr 17, 2005, 08:02 PM
although i dont have a ramar (or a ranger for that matter) ive heard that in ultimate, a demon rifle would be much more useful to you than a hell rifle. If im not mistaken, edk doesnt affect a demon special. a 50 hit demon laser is sounding pretty badass right about now =p

Blitzkommando
Apr 17, 2005, 08:14 PM
Funny, I've had people complain to me about the effectiveness of my Hell Lasers. Yes they do suck with lower ATA. However, when you are pushing near 400ATA like I am with my RAmarl, Hell Lasers are about the deadliest weapon in the game, for Episode II mainly I agree. Even in a full team they can be extremely effective. I really don't see why people here tend to play down the Hell Lasers, based on my personal experience.

I know that all the replies to this are going to be, "OMGZ U R SOO RONG!" So, for anyone who does reply to this, keep note, this is MY personal experience, not yours.

Hrith
Apr 18, 2005, 07:08 AM
OMG UR SOI RONG !!!!111111one

I never had a high hit Hell Laser or Raygun, but I saw some people using them, I dislike them because they are hogging weapons <_<

I have experience of Hell in Ult EpII via other weapons like Yamigarasu, and yeah, it does pwn. It's not too reliable, but it's a nice special, indeed.

Neith
Apr 18, 2005, 12:49 PM
Yami's quite good in Ep1, but definately owns Ep2 enemies more. Unreduced Hell is sweet if you use it on certain enemies. Once you get to later areas (Ruins, Control Tower, Seabed) some enemies are too hard to insta-kill, so resort to standard attacks.

Hrith
Apr 18, 2005, 01:32 PM
Katanas cannot have reduced specials >_>

Neith
Apr 18, 2005, 01:58 PM
I know, that's why I said, some weapons can have reductions. I wasn't saying that katanas can have reduced specials, just comparing them to other weapon classes. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Fossil
Apr 18, 2005, 09:07 PM
On 2005-04-17 18:14, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:
Funny, I've had people complain to me about the effectiveness of my Hell Lasers. Yes they do suck with lower ATA. However, when you are pushing near 400ATA like I am with my RAmarl, Hell Lasers are about the deadliest weapon in the game, for Episode II mainly I agree.

400!!!! Wow, how much Hit does this Rifle have? I barely push 330 with my Hells Raygun.