PDA

View Full Version : GC: Questions of Curiosity...

Genoa
Apr 17, 2005, 05:51 PM
1. Would anybody happen to know how the auto-sort command is sorted by?

2. Why exactly the mechguns glitch-fire when switched and fired rapidly?

3. How long the brief invincibilty lasts after you are attacked.

4. The chance of knocking down a Gil/Dubchich is for each hit inflicted apon it.

5. Do the set of certain boxes (that drop certain types of items in a set) have the ability to drop rares? (for example, when you kill the Dragon, there's a box set of 3 boxes that all give meseta when opened, can something like those sets drop rares?)

Stuff I just always questioned when I played.... >_<

Daikarin
Apr 17, 2005, 05:56 PM
On 2005-04-17 15:51, MegamanX wrote:
1. Would anybody happen to know how the auto-sort command is sorted by?

Weapons, then heal items, then other support items, and then the rest, if I'm not mistaken.

There's a glitch in mechs?

0,5 seconds, I think.

5. Do the set of certain boxes (that drop certain types of items in a set) have the ability to drop rares? (for example, when you kill the Dragon, there's a box set of 3 boxes that all give meseta when opened, can something like those sets drop rares?)

The only boxes capable of dropping rares, are the random boxes (The smaller and more frequent ones). The larger ones drop pre-determined items, like mono/di/trimates and normal weapons.

Genoa
Apr 17, 2005, 06:00 PM
On 2005-04-17 15:56, Even_Jin wrote:
1.Weapons, then heal items, then other support items, and then the rest, if I'm not mistaken.
{Sorry, should have stated more clear, Like, the weapons on the top of list, what determines what is 1st and what not}

Mixfortune
Apr 17, 2005, 06:21 PM
As far as I can think of, items are sorted with auto sort in the same order they are sorted in your bank.
Weapon wise, it'd be "normal" weapons, with the 9 stars at the end of their type, then the rare weapons.

Saber icon
Gun icon
Cane icon

Saber icon splits into:
Saber
Sword
etc.

Gun icon splits into:
Handgun
Rifle or whatever, etc. etc.

Whatever you have equipped will be at the top when you auto sort, with the rest filling in the gap below in their respective order.

Skorpius
Apr 17, 2005, 07:54 PM
The list is sorted by hex number of the items.

Ketchup345
Apr 17, 2005, 08:17 PM

Just some random glitch caused by switching weapons too fast; specific reason: no clue. This is not Mechgun only, other Guns have the same glitch.

toly369
Apr 19, 2005, 08:52 PM

If you switch a sword and attack really fast, you are holding the hilt when you hit, and sword appears after more than half the hit is made. Weird.

When you kill the dragon, there's a set of boxes that drops meseta, a set of boxes that drops mates (green boxes), four boxes that drop random, and four boxes where a weapon, armor/shield, and 2 green boxes are dropped. I've gotten a pd from a box supposed to drop a green box, and my friend has had a similar experience.

Neith
Apr 20, 2005, 02:17 AM
Yeah, that's because a PD is a tool item, so it will appear where green boxes should be. Other than PD's, I don't think large boxes can gib rares. Note that Poison Blobs in Ruins can.

The sword loading in mid combo is likely just the result of the console loading or something. I'm guessing it'd be a similar story with any weapon.

Invunerablility lasts for around 0.5 seconds I believe, although I haven't counted. It's just enough time to either cast, attack, or back off.

Hrith
Apr 20, 2005, 05:38 AM
1. Would anybody happen to know how the auto-sort command is sorted by?As Skorpuis said, hexadecimally.

2. Why exactly the mechguns glitch-fire when switched and fired rapidly?It's the last coordinates of the weapon you were using before the mechgun/handgun/rifle, the game did not have time to refresh if you use the weapon right after changing, and is using the coordinates of the previous weapon.

3. How long the brief invincibilty lasts after you are attacked.Half a second, but this brief period is completely missing from online Ultimate mode.

4. The chance of knocking down a Gil/Dubchich is for each hit inflicted upon it.Random, from experience I'd say 1/20 something, but it's random, really.

5. Do the set of certain boxes (that drop certain types of items in a set) have the ability to drop rares? (for example, when you kill the Dragon, there's a box set of 3 boxes that all give meseta when opened, can something like those sets drop rares?)No boxes that have set drop types will only ever drop the specific type, sometimes boxes even have a specific item drop, i.e. some boxes will ALWAYS contain a monomate, etc.

Genoa
Apr 21, 2005, 02:05 PM
Alrighty, ty for your replies. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rianna_Type1
Apr 21, 2005, 02:12 PM

Although someone said 0.5 seconds, this is incorrect.

I'm not sure of the exact length of this invincibility period, but the length of it is determined on the difficulty being played on as well as whether or not you are playing online and offline.

In offline mode, the invincibility window is quite longer.

Online, this window gets shorter and shorter as the difficulty gets higher. Normal mode has the longest window, hard a little less, very hard even less, ultimate having none.

Offline always has a window, even in ultimate mode, though.

Genoa
Apr 21, 2005, 04:32 PM
0_o interesting.... I don't have online, and I thought to myself... that I thought the invincibility (for offline) was about...3 seconds or something...