PDA

View Full Version : Sonic (new) Games

Daikarin
Apr 18, 2005, 04:12 PM
Sonic R EXTREME added to release list.

Sonic News has been tipped off by an employee of Game Crazy and forum member Spinos that Game Crazy's release dates have been updated - including the new Sonic game, titled "Sonic R EXTREME".

The date has been set at Q1 2006 (first quater - January, February, March) and is said to be on all platforms, but no other details were available. If this information is true, then we can expect a sequel to the SEGA Saturn/PC racing game which involved Sonic and friends racing each other in 3D environments.

Game Crazy have yet to update their website with any information, however, Spinos recommends asking at your local store for more details. If anyone in America gets an opportunity to confirm this information, then please contact SN immediately.

I honestly enjoyed Sonic R. But I was never fond of Travellers Tales or any other third-party company that used the hedgehog's license.

And, also, a possible new Sonic game (If this isn't Sonic DS' alternative title:

Is Sonic going Microsoft exclusive or has Sonic DS undergone a name change?
Kikizo Games today posted an interview with Yojiro Ogawa, a Project Director from SEGA Japan. The interview in itself is somewhat interesting, however in the introduction to the interview, Kikizo games lists Sonic 360 as one of Sonic Teams upcoming titles. It has been known Sonic Team have been planning another mystery Sonic title for quite some time now, could this be it?

As this appeared theory have instantly been created, Microsoft next generation of their Xbox console is been believed to be called Xbox 360 by many reliable figures in video game journalism. Along with the title speculation and other bits of evidence has revealed that some game titles themselves will have the 360 suffix appended to them. This falls in place with the first theory that Sonic 360 may be an Xbox 360 exclusive title, also tying in with previous reports quoting SEGA promising a new Sonic game for the upcoming Xbox console.

The next (and somewhat more rational theory) is that this is simply the name of the new Sonic title for the Nintendo DS, not only did Kikizo fail to list it on that page suggesting the game may now be titled differently, but with Nintendo DS touch screen controlling abilities may also tie in with the 360.
(...)

Source: Shadow of a Hedgehog

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Even_Jin on 2005-04-18 15:33 ]</font>

Wyndham
Apr 18, 2005, 07:39 PM
I liked the Sonic racing games, and I hope this game turns out well.
as for sonic 360, I hope Sonic doesn't end up being solely on the new xbox, because there's no way I could afford one.

Outrider
Apr 18, 2005, 10:09 PM
Sweet. I really enjoyed Sonic R, so a sequel would be pretty cool.

PJ
Apr 18, 2005, 11:08 PM
I loved the theme song to Sonic R http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Maybe a return of the rag doll Tails? I loved that thing! ^-^

Kent
Apr 19, 2005, 12:12 AM
Hot crackers, a new Sonic R?

...I remember playing the hell out of that game.

Deathscythealpha
Apr 19, 2005, 03:21 AM
Ooh, glad to see im not the only one who liked Sonic R. It had its faults (crap draw distance on Saturn, short levels and Secret Characters who could dominate totally if played against), but it was a fun way to idle away the time. Lets hope they can sort out those faults!

On 2005-04-18 21:08, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:

Maybe a return of the rag doll Tails? I loved that thing! ^-^

That thing was freaky.

Daikarin
Apr 19, 2005, 08:36 AM
A really good idea was to make Sonic R an online game but I doubt they'll make it so.

Puppet_Papaya
Apr 19, 2005, 10:30 AM
I liked the Eggbot secret character. I remember my brothers would have shoot outs with him and Eggman. Haha!

Wyndham
Apr 19, 2005, 10:00 PM
I remember the tails doll. I loved how it just hung in the air, and I even drew myself with freaky eyes hanging in the air just like it.
I'm such a loser.

AAAAnyway, I wonder if the new Sonic R will also use the new characters, and the Chaotix?

Outrider
Apr 20, 2005, 12:00 AM
Man, it was totally unfair once you got Super Sonic.

He was unstoppable.

Graptakular83
Apr 20, 2005, 01:00 AM
Come to think of it, Sonic R has some pretty cool characters that shoulda come out more often in later sonic games: Tails doll, eggbots, and Metal Knuckles. This sequel should prove real interesting as they can bring back a ton of obscure sonic characters, like Knack the Weasel (or Fang the Sniper if you prefer), Ray the Squirrel, Mighty the Armadillo, heck, even bring on Bean the Dynamite and Bark the Polar Bear. Ahhh, character overload...

kazuma56
Apr 20, 2005, 02:18 AM
hmm new Sonic R, let's hope they refine the game and each character has a different handling compared to others, and add in more animation, it was so stiff in the SS version.

BTW Super Sonic was unstopable for the most part, but that's what stage shortcuts where made for.

Daikarin
Apr 20, 2005, 10:15 AM
On 2005-04-20 00:18, kazuma56 wrote:
BTW Super Sonic was unstopable for the most part, but that's what stage shortcuts where made for.

What if Super Sonic went through all the stage shortcuts?

Daikarin
Apr 22, 2005, 06:43 AM
SEGA confirms that it was all just a mistake...
After contacting SEGA on the subject of Sonic R EXTREME, we have been informed that it was simply a glitch and that SEGA and GC will be working together to remove it.

4 days ago, forum member Spinos infomed us that the title Sonic R EXTREME had been added to Game Crazy's release list. Yesterday he returned with photographic proof which was promptly e-mailed to SEGA for inspection. The photographs can be viewed under the media links.

SEGA replied to us, and informed us that it was all, in fact, simply an error. They told us that no such game exists, and that both they and GC will be working together the remove the misinformation from their release schedules.

That pretty much closes the lid on this one. SEGA is, after all, the authority on this case, so any further rumour spreading is pointless. The game has not been in any way officially announced, so Sonic News will no longer cover speculation or rumours on it.

Those of you disappointed by this news, E3 is on the way, so you can be guarenteed a huge load of new Sonic games anyway. ;P

Pfft. Source: news.sonicstadium.org