PDA

View Full Version : offline gc play . . . worth it?

metaldrummer
Apr 21, 2005, 06:33 AM
Even though i cant play online at all, i've spent hundreds of hours playing episode 1+2 on the gamecube, and assumed i'd be rewarded with the same amount of gameplay from episode 3. However, I think i've just finished the game offline in three days.

I've finished the hero's quests and i'm close to finishing the arkz. Is there any point in finishing the arks or will i just get the same ending?

Surely there must be something to do offline rather than just play pointless battle modes against rediculously easy computer opponents to get new cards?

I want to get more cards but if thats the only way to do it offline then I really cant see the point, is there something im missing or have i really done just about everything offline already?

thx, metal

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: metaldrummer on 2005-04-21 04:41 ]</font>

SLON
Apr 21, 2005, 07:13 AM
Difficult questions to answer.
The game gets better the longer you play it. Also playing with a team mate is so much more fun than playing alone. I don't think that you should be quitting in 3 days, though, even if you are alone and unable to go on-line. It's a game played best for short periods; I certainly don't play it on a daily basis.

Ryna
Apr 21, 2005, 08:19 AM
I've finished the hero's quests and i'm close to finishing the arkz. Is there any point in finishing the arks or will i just get the same ending?

You'll get a different ending, along with a couple of surprise battles.

Surely there must be something to do offline rather than just play pointless battle modes against rediculously easy computer opponents to get new cards?

I want to get more cards but if thats the only way to do it offline then I really cant see the point, is there something im missing or have i really done just about everything offline already?

thx, metal

One thing you could do is replay each of the storylines and try to focus on unlocking each of the story character's unique endings.

To unlock a character's unique ending, you have to use that particular character for a majority of a storyline and in the "final" battle. Here are a list of characters that you can unlock unique endings for:
-Sil'fer
-Ino'lis
-Kranz
-Break
-Endu
-Lura

Also, have you done all the side missions?

You have to make sure to talk to all the NPCs before and after each quest. You'll unlock additional missions/cards that way.

Graptakular83
Apr 21, 2005, 11:44 AM
I think playing offline story is good for a cheap thrill when ur bored with everything else, besides, if you do the right quests in arkz, you can easily and quickly grab 3 Companions.