PDA

View Full Version : Is there any point??????????

NoeGenisis
Jul 27, 2002, 04:01 PM
Is there any point in starting a new chracter? i am a level 119 Humar and i want too know if the majority of people have more than 1 character? I know ultimately it is up to me but what do u think and is it worth it?

rbf2000
Jul 27, 2002, 04:23 PM
I only had one main character for the majority of the time that I played pso. (not including the challange mode chars...).

I found it a lot easier to level one character than multiple one's. I got him to lvl 152 before I started a new character, at that point, it just took too long to level up.

It's a good idea to have more than one character, though, because you simply get more out of the game. All those weapons you couldn't use before you would be able to. Plus, it kind of gives you a new perspective of the game.

NoeGenisis
Jul 27, 2002, 04:28 PM
i suppose the real reason i would start a new character would be too find different stuff under a new section id for my main character, but looking at how my freinds games are going (all in Forest ultimate) the weapons they are finding are quite linear and mirroring what i found in forest ultimate(breath) any one else finding this?

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jul 27, 2002, 04:54 PM
It's fun to make a second character once the EXP slows down. i.e. your level 149 character doesn't benefit too much from leveling, which takes too long to do anyway.

After making new characters and getting them to ultimate, the items I have found haven't been too much different. If you want to find new items, I guess have friends with different section IDs make the team.

merlin
Jul 27, 2002, 05:07 PM
A good reason to start a new character?

Simple....because you want to!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Spike10
Jul 27, 2002, 05:28 PM
i dont think u should make another character. i have 3 vmu and i only use one the rest i use to use for challenge mode but know i dont.

NoeGenisis
Jul 27, 2002, 05:45 PM
All good points, i suppose tho having a new character will re-install that "whats in the next box, what did that booma drop" feeling, i havent really had that much luck with my skly in ultimate and im approaching 350 hours now, ok some of u are saying IS THAT ALL!!!!! but u know, there are other games to play i havent started FF10 its gathering dust.
BUT when i start another game i think "i could be finding a super duper rare weapon now" and on goes the dreamcast again, Damn u sega for making this game so bloody addictive AND frustrating at the same time gggggggrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Davion
Jul 27, 2002, 05:52 PM
I have a dozen or so characters. I enjoy the different styles of play from class to class and ID to ID. I have 3 HUmars, 3 HUcasts, a FOmarl, 2 RAmars, a RAcast, a RAcaseal, and a HUnewearl. on the average, they're all level 20. Davion is level 125 now, and one of my HUcasts, Danias, is level 70. I would say, yes make a new one.

merlin
Jul 29, 2002, 05:49 PM
You know what the best part often is?

Those first 10 levels with a new character. There's something about it that's fun.

m0nkey007
Jul 29, 2002, 06:11 PM
Ya, starting a new chara is just plain fun. I myself had about 4 or 5 back on DC version 2.

BTW I'm a newbie, but not a n00b. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif So hello everyone!

Fallen-Angel
Jul 30, 2002, 02:28 AM
On 2002-07-29 15:49, merlin wrote:
You know what the best part often is?

Those first 10 levels with a new character. There's something about it that's fun.

Yeah! i love making new characters and doin the firt 10 levels! its just...well somehow...better?

NoeGenisis
Jul 30, 2002, 05:54 PM
ok thanks to all u people who have replied i started a new character, a greenill Ranger hes level 21 at the mo but again i have to ask, IS THERE ANY POINT???????????.
we r now getting reports thru that certain servers are closing down!!!!! I am on the european sever at the mo but if they r closing down major japenese and us servers, then europe cant be to far behind? can they??????

rena-ko
Jul 31, 2002, 05:08 AM
i got boring hunting exp to finally reach lv161 so last weekend i just made a 4th chara on a spare mem-card i had:

1. i finally tried out a FOmarl and shes stronger than i thought at first - also her animations are just cool ^_^
(she has the slightly arrogant name i wanted to use on GCNpso but i couldnt wait - also i wont go online with her, just to have this pure uber-legit feeling i had when i first bought v1)

2. its (like mentioned above) this great feeling of hunting even for the 8 Meseta here, the Monomate there and the Antidote in the next room (mostly for selling or using at magfood).

3. its the fun of finally finding a Ryuker-Disk, but still keeping the pipes in the inventory for back-up and the decision that the techs (or the mag) is good enough to being able to survive in caves allready.

4. raising your first mag from the scratch and the way you need it now to eqquip that Autogun+2 (5 35 0 0) you found some hours ago and being able to effort the food for it is simply thrilling.
(my Ila is just perfect now).

5. now, the offlinequests and their reward make sense again - 500 Meseta are like yay again ^-^

really, in my opinion, the first 40 or so levels are the best in the game (once you maxed out the chara in one way, leveling up loses its purpose).
i did not have so much fun playing pso since i made Shinobu...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2002-07-31 03:09 ]</font>

Gazebo
Jul 31, 2002, 08:08 AM
I've made many (100 at the most) characters and i'd say 95% don't make it to hard mode.........so...i don't know......lol I enjoy making new characters though...and remaking old ones by keeping the same name just changing the costumes and things like that

Neogame2
Aug 1, 2002, 04:22 AM
Yeah I think making another character is a great idea, really if you think about it you have a different section ID which means different chances to find new special weapons!! Yeah Baby!! lol.

Cabel
Aug 1, 2002, 08:24 AM
You've gotta try multiple characters to experience the full greatness that is PSO. Playing as a different character totally changes you're approach to the game. If you've played as a Humar, go for either a character who improves upon the aspects of your character that you like, say if you like techs go for a fo, or go for something totally different. The absence of Resta, for example, gives you a whole new approach to preserving hp. If you experience the various strengths and weaknesses of different characters, it adds a whole new dimension to your existing ones. I'm not too bothered about different section ids, rares are generally variations on existing common items, the best thing about pso is the extent of possible approaches to getting through the next room.

Flame
Aug 1, 2002, 11:49 AM
I think what it is is that you're bored of your lv 150 char. Nothing new is happening. But if you start a new character, there is always something happening (Yay! I found a rifile!)
Also, each character class has a different experieance. To get the most put of pso, you can't just use one char! Have variety man, get with it. Go and make a force right now!

NoeGenisis
Aug 2, 2002, 04:30 PM
A FORCE!!!!!!! but isnt that like really HARD work? lol my freind is a force and she really enjoys it so maybe ill give that a go.
Which force is best? remembering that i have spent over 300 hundred hours rushing in where angels fear to tread, slicing, dicing and generally being rather gung ho. OLD HABITS DIE HARD

Sedyne
Aug 2, 2002, 10:13 PM
On 2002-07-27 14:01, NoeGenisis wrote:
Is there any point in starting a new chracter? i am a level 119 Humar and i want too know if the majority of people have more than 1 character? I know ultimately it is up to me but what do u think and is it worth it?

No, put your eyes to rest. Stop playing PSO until the next one comes out. You should builkd up your social life "whatever is left of it" right now before you go back to playing the game. Because when GC and Xbox version come out, well. my friends. they won't be seeing me for ea damn long time =P

Neogame2
Aug 5, 2002, 07:19 AM
[/quote]

No, put your eyes to rest. Stop playing PSO until the next one comes out. You should builkd up your social life "whatever is left of it" right now before you go back to playing the game. Because when GC and Xbox version come out, well. my friends. they won't be seeing me for ea damn long time =P

[/quote]
Did you get enough sleep then to carry on, will you be ready for the then version my friend?

HC82
Aug 5, 2002, 07:15 PM
More characters = more gameplay

FOs play nothing like Hunters, and vice versa. Unless you want to just stand back and heal/buff, which is an incredibly boring playing style.

Also playing different race classes really adds a bit to the gameplay. Hucast is nothing like a HUmar when going through offline.

You play different classes for more gameplay. Get the most out if your game.

Neogame2
Aug 7, 2002, 07:10 AM
From the other topics it sound like it will be easier to have and develop several characters. so just hang on for a while everyone.