PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here like.....

CloudRunner
Apr 24, 2005, 04:34 PM
MUSIC!? ^_^ Who's your favorite music group?
i like Evan essance! I listen to her every second!!!!
^______^
"WAKE ME UP! WAKE ME UP INSIDE WAKE ME UP SAME ME FROM THE NOTHING I'VE BEEECOME!!!!"

TheOneHero
Apr 24, 2005, 04:47 PM
Apparantly, lots of people do: http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=93184&forum=9&944

Wrong forum anyway.

Zelutos
Apr 24, 2005, 06:11 PM
First of all, HER name is Amy Lee(Leigh? Li? etc?). And the bands name is EVANESSENCE...not Evan Essence. Stupid n00bs...

Madzozs
Apr 24, 2005, 07:53 PM
It's Evanescence to clarify.

RavenTW
Apr 24, 2005, 09:05 PM
Listen, we understand that, as a new recent forum member, you may not have seen a forum before, and thus don't know proper internet ettiquete. So, if you just shut up and watch us in a typical web conversation, you can pick a few tips up.

BOC
Apr 25, 2005, 02:26 PM
be nice to the newbies! remember, a few 1000 posts ago, u where one too!!!

aye cloud, their not a bad band, if a little too played out and some of their songs are kinda shitty.

i mean Imaginary? my last breath? not good to say the least.

my, im a metallica/foo fighters/offspring fan myself. Now that is entertainment!

PEACE!!!

JudasPriest
Apr 25, 2005, 08:34 PM
I can't stand mainstream rock(Green Day, Blink 182, Linkin Park, etc.) They suck talent wise and they're so overrated. Seriously, listen to metal. But if you don't want to, whatever, metal is better anyways.

Wyndham
Apr 25, 2005, 08:51 PM
most mainstream is bad, because most people in general shall always suck.
but be nice to newbs, everybody. *uses a jetpack to fly away to a buffet*

Sagasu
Apr 25, 2005, 09:09 PM
Mmm,

I really dont have one favorite 'type' of music. I Drift wherever my ears take me, which sometimes leads me to some pretty strange bands.

As far as mainstream music goes, to all those who would so violently reject it.. go find something else to do rather than bash bands. Even though it would seem it more cool nowadays to be against 'mainstream' rather than be for it. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Evil_Althena8
Apr 25, 2005, 09:17 PM
...Who doesn't? Asking a question like that is like asking if people like food...or entertainment...or sleeping.

I like all kinds of music. Whatever I deem good to me is what I listen to.

Daikarin
Apr 26, 2005, 09:00 AM
On 2005-04-25 19:17, Evil_Althena8 wrote:
...Who doesn't?

Me.

Asking a question like that is like asking if people like food...or entertainment...or sleeping.

ZOGM, I'm gonna die. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

BOC
Apr 28, 2005, 01:45 PM
ya know, mainstream bands ARE mainstream because enough people think their good enough to buy their albums in vast amounts.

and if u hate mainstream, well, the bands probably dont give a tiny rats ass cause their rich and have legions of fans. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

but hey, u like what u like.

but if u hate mainstream music simply because it [i]is[/s] mainstream, wise up! like music for the songs and tunes and if it sounds good, not because of image and popularity, or therefore lack of.

PEACE!!!

Neith
Apr 28, 2005, 01:59 PM
I don't mind a couple of mainstream bands, but I'm more of a metal fan myself- mainly Iron Maiden, Metallica, Helloween, Blind Guardian http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I'll still listen to Blink, Linkin Park, etc now and then though.

Actually, that's freaky, Linkin Park just started on computer http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif Time to switch song methinks.

RavenTW
Apr 28, 2005, 05:05 PM
I WAS being nice. That's nothing compared to the tough lovin' I got on my first forum when I posted threads like this.

Anyway, in the context of the thread, I mostly listen to mainstream of anything but country. And I listen to a few off-the-wall groups/artists like Weird All, Sparks, etc.

Aurra
Apr 28, 2005, 05:27 PM
I sort of liked Blink 182 way back when they first appeared and most of their songs were funny. Now they're too... well, whiney.

Anyway, my favorite band for years has been Garbage. Can't wait to see them live on Sunday! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ViewtifulJoe
Apr 28, 2005, 08:56 PM
I'm not a black and white "like it or not" music person, like my brother, who claims to like EVERY Led Zeppelin song as well as every song of the other bands he likes. What? My music? Sucks!

I think the thing about mainstream music is there are a lot of bands that try to copy them. I have had a few bands play at my school, and they all sound the same, like an unsuccessful fusion of blink182, Yellowcard, and Green Day.

I like a lot of Incubus, Red Hot Chili Peppers, not as much Rolling Stones, but the songs of theirs I like, I LOVE. I like the later Beatles, almost as much as the previously stated bands. I like, but don't love, Led Zeppelin. I also like some scattered songs by Foo Fighters, Cream, AC/DC, and many others whose music I don't hate.

Just a Phase, Acqueos Transmission, Are You In?, Antigravity Love Song, Megalomaniac, Wish You Were Here, Deep Inside, Drive: Incubus

This is the Place, Can't Stop, Don't Forget Me, Fight Like a Brave, Under the Bridge: RHCP

She's a Rainbow, Honkytonk Woman, Gimme Shelter, Jumpin' Jack Flash, Sympathy for the Devil: Rolling Stones

Old Brown Shoe, Day Tripper, Elanor Rigby, Michelle, Day in the Life: Beatles

Kashmir, No Quarter, Achilles Last Stand, Trampled Underfoot: Led Zeppelin

All My Life, Low as You Go: Foo Fighters; Badge, Sunshine of your Love: Cream; Highway to Hell, Girl's Got Rhythm: AC/DC

EDIT: I always forget one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViewtifulJoe on 2005-04-29 17:20 ]</font>

AYY-BEE-CEE
Apr 29, 2005, 11:46 AM
Greenday are the McDonalds of punk rock. So there. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Also I disagree with them doing John Kerry's electioneering, but I appreciate that some don't want to get in to politics on here...

Dangerous55
Apr 29, 2005, 04:12 PM
The Beatles and The Kinks. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Strawberry Fields Forever is just ahhhh...so amazing.

sSeldomToasTt
Apr 29, 2005, 08:13 PM
A lot of mainstream stuff terrifies me. Not only that, but it bores me. I used to listen to metal just to get away, then I realized a little more about myself. Not that I try to avoid mainstream for the same reason that some others do, but I just can't get to liking it. Besides, as a musician I'm damned with the curse of looking deeper inside of songs at the real technical stuff, and masintream + technical = uh uh, no matter what, rap, rock, or pop.

To say I don't like some bands on the TV/radio is crazy though. If I like something I like it. Though lately I've been listening to a lot of jazz and some really talented guys, like Jaco Pastorius and Victor Wooten. Awesome guys.

BoarDemon
Apr 30, 2005, 02:31 AM
Metal forever.

Here's my complete list in alphabetical order.

...and Oceans

3 Inches of Blood

AC/DC
Accept
After Forever
Agathodaimon
Alice Cooper
All That Remains
Altaria
Amon Amarth
Anaal Nathrakh
Ancient
Angra
Annatar
Anorexia Nervosa
Anthrax
Arch Enemy
Arcturus
Art of Fear
As I Lay Dying
At The Gates

Bathory
Behemoth
Beseech
Bewitched
Black Label Society
Black Sabbath
Bleeding Through
Blind Guardian
Blood Has Been Shed
Bloodsimple
Bolt Thrower
Borknagar
Brick Bath
Brujeria
Burnt By The Sun
Burzum

Cannibal Corpse
Carnal Forge
Carpathian Forest
Cataract
Cathedral
Celtic Frost
Charon
Children of Bodom
Cinderella
Corrosion of Conformity
Cradle of Filth

Damnation
Danzig
Dark Funeral
Darkseed
Dark Suns
Dark Tranquility
Darkthrone
Death
Death Angel
Def Leppard
Deicide
Devildriver
Diary of Dreams
Diecast
Dimmu Borgir
Dio
Dismember
Dissection
Down
Draconian
Dragonforce
Dragonlord
Dream Theater

Emperor
Enslaved
Entwine
Exodus

Fear Factory
Fireball Ministry

God Dethroned
God Forbid
Gorgoroth
Graveworm
Guns N' Roses
Gwar

Hammerfall
Hatebreed
Hell Candidates
Hellhammer
High On Fire
Hypocrisy

Icarus Witch
Iced Earth
Immolation
Immortal
Impaled
In Flames
Infernal Majesty
Into Eternity
Iron Maiden

Jackyl
Judas Priest

Kataklysm
King Diamond
Kiss
Konkhra
Kreator
Krisiun

L.A. Guns
Lamb of God
Led Zeppelin
Living Colour
Lock Up

Macabre
Machine Head
Malevolent Creation
Mandragora Scream
Manowar
Marduk
Martyr A.D.
Mastodon
Mayhem
Megadeth
Mercenary
Mercury Rain
Meshuggah
Metal Church
Metallica
Ministry
Mnemic
Moonspell
Morbid Angel
Morgul
Motley Crue
Motorhead
Mushroom head
My Dying Bride

Napalm Death
Nargaroth
Nightwish
Nile
Nine Inch Nails
Nocturnus
Norther
Novembers Doom
Novembre
Nox Arcana

Oathen
Old Man's Child
Opeth
Otep
Overkill
Ozzy Osbourne

Pantera
Paradise Lost
Pink Floyd
Poisonblack
Primordial
Probot

Quiet Riot

Rammstein
Rapture
Rhapsody
Rob Zombie
Rotting Christ

Satyricon
Sentenced
Sepultura
Setherial
Shadows Fall
Sirenia
Six Feet Under
Skid Row
Slayer
Slipknot
Sodom
Soilwork
Solefald
Solitude Aeturnus
Sonata Artica
Strapping Young Lad
Stratovarius
Suffocation
Superjoint Ritual
Susperia
Sventevith

Testament
The Agony Scene
Theatres Des Vampires
The Black Dahlia Murder
The Great Deciever
The Haunted
The Kovenant
Therion
Thy Infernal
Trail of Tears
Tristania
Tsjuder
Twisted Sister
Type 0 Negative

Ulver

Vader
Vehemence
Venom
Vintersorg
Virgin Black
Virgin Steele
Voivod

Wasp
Watch Them Die
Wintersun
Whitesnake
White Zombie

Yngwie Malmsteen
Yyrkon

Zakk Wylde
Zyklon

215 artists. And the list will continue to grow.

HotWaterDeath
May 11, 2005, 03:01 PM
^ Wow!

I'm surprised someone on here actually listens to metal.

Evana-whateverthecrapthey'recalled are not my cup-o-tea.

I prefer listening to a bunch of junk that most of the people on this board don't know about. Lately I've been rocking out to Radon though. Maybe its because they remind me of The Hated?

TheOneHero
May 11, 2005, 03:43 PM
Don't bump old topics. Read forum rules.

watashiwa
May 11, 2005, 03:47 PM
On 2005-05-11 13:43, TheOneHero wrote:

Topic's not that old. The post before it was made only 11 days before it.

It might not have had a post within 2 or 3 days, but the topic is still pretty new.

TheOneHero
May 11, 2005, 03:52 PM
On 2005-05-11 13:47, watashiwa wrote:

On 2005-05-11 13:43, TheOneHero wrote:

Topic's not that old. The post before it was made only 11 days before it.

It might not have had a post within 2 or 3 days, but the topic is still pretty new.

It was off the first page, had more than two pages worth of replies, no one cares anymore. It's a bump.

watashiwa
May 11, 2005, 03:54 PM
*shrug* If you say so.

There are alot of forum viewers who actually do read things off of other pages than just page one.

If no one cared anymore, the user would not have posted a reply to the topic.

.. Guess you were just trying to be a dick? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I'm just wondering seriously what the point was of posting your post. To tell the guy not to bump topics? To make sure he reads the forum rules?

Who are you? The forum police?

Maybe you should get the guys here to write some new code for the website, something along the lines of "Threads past page 1 should be auto-locked." I mean, you know, since it's apparently against the rules to post in them.

Maybe also add some code in that equation to lock certain topics when they don't have any replies over a certain threshhold. Apparently, 11 days was too long for you. We'll lock topics if they don't have posts within 3 days, how about that?

You have to remember not everybody here refreshes the forum 20 times a day every day. Some people may come here once a week and some people may come twice a month. Who really knows? Some people are more busy than others.

When that guy does post his reply in the topic, there's a chance that others who come here at the same frequency as him may have just seen that topic for the first time!

Anyway, don't mean to get all off topic, it's just very annoying when I see someone post something like that.

If his post was just "*bump*" or if his post was in a topic that was going on near a month or so old, I'd probably see his point.

Haha, this is what a friend of mine had to say about PSOW:

"Check this out. If someone posts a problem, and no one answers, and it falls to like, page 3, what would happen? If you bump it, you'd be forum-nazi'd. If you made a new topic, you'd be forum-nazi'd with a link to the old topic with no relevant replies."

Sometimes, you just gotta relax.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2005-05-11 14:16 ]</font>

Larian
May 11, 2005, 06:30 PM
Awww man watashiwa...way to dig it into him...I dissappear for like a century and expect everything to be all different and stuff...but I guess some things never change! =P

HotWaterDeath
May 11, 2005, 08:08 PM
Like "Wata" said, this thing was still on the "front page" of the "Off Topic" forum. Gracious, its not like I took a topic thirty pages back and "cycled" it.

If its any consolation fella, I got a good laugh out of your "interesting" interpretation of the forum rules. This place is pretty "dead" anyway.

TheOneHero
May 11, 2005, 08:36 PM
On 2005-05-11 13:54, watashiwa wrote:

I'm just wondering seriously what the point was of posting your post. To tell the guy not to bump topics? To make sure he reads the forum rules?

Who are you? The forum police?

No. And things have changed since your time.

Maybe you should get the guys here to write some new code for the website, something along the lines of "Threads past page 1 should be auto-locked." I mean, you know, since it's apparently against the rules to post in them.

Maybe also add some code in that equation to lock certain topics when they don't have any replies over a certain threshhold. Apparently, 11 days was too long for you. We'll lock topics if they don't have posts within 3 days, how about that?

Funny, but it would take out 'floating stickies'.

You have to remember not everybody here refreshes the forum 20 times a day every day. Some people may come here once a week and some people may come twice a month. Who really knows? Some people are more busy than others.

Yes, that's true. But it's their own fault they miss out. And being 'busy' has nothing to do with it, some people just don't know how to manage their time.

When that guy does post his reply in the topic, there's a chance that others who come here at the same frequency as him may have just seen that topic for the first time!

Yeah, that's like saying it's ok for me to go to the last page of the Off Topic section, and pick a topic I have never seen before and reply. Really, get a better analogy next time.

Anyway, don't mean to get all off topic, it's just very annoying when I see someone post something like that.

If his post was just "*bump*" or if his post was in a topic that was going on near a month or so old, I'd probably see his point.

It's very annoying to me when someone goes against forum rules and bumps are topic.

I have no comment for the ignorance of the last paragraph.

On 2005-05-11 16:30, Larian wrote:
Awww man watashiwa...way to dig it into him...I dissappear for like a century and expect everything to be all different and stuff...but I guess some things never change! =P

Things have changed. Just because you and Wata haven't been here for ages doesn't mean you still run the place. So stop acting like you are and that you're right.

On 2005-05-11 18:08, HotWaterDeath wrote:
Like "Wata" said, this thing was still on the "front page" of the "Off Topic" forum. Gracious, its not like I took a topic thirty pages back and "cycled" it.

That doesn't matter, your post was 12 days past the last post.

The topic is at least 2 pages in replies.

It wasn't on the first page of Off Topic, meaning no one really cares about this thread anymore.

If its any consolation fella, I got a good laugh out of your "interesting" interpretation of the forum rules. This place is pretty "dead" anyway.

You think you're funny, because I'm following the rules?

It doesn't matter if this place is 'dead'or almost 'dead'. Breaking rules is breaking rules. Mods don't like it, and it causes pointless replies like this.

Get a grip.

Ignorance is no excuse for doing something that isn't allowed.

This topc has done it's thing. End of story, and good night.

ABDUR101
May 11, 2005, 08:48 PM
Well, considering the topic was still being added to, it would have been fine.

Whatever happened to pm's?

On-topic from here out.

Can't say there's much of a change for me. I'm all over with what I listen to.

Recently I've been trying to get a groove for SOAD. (System of a Down, heh)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2005-05-11 18:49 ]</font>

Solstis
May 11, 2005, 10:46 PM
On 2005-05-11 18:48, ABDUR101 wrote:
Well, considering the topic was still being added to, it would have been fine.

Whatever happened to pm's?

On-topic from here out.

Can't say there's much of a change for me. I'm all over with what I listen to.

Recently I've been trying to get a groove for SOAD. (System of a Down, heh)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2005-05-11 18:49 ]</font>

SOOOOOOOOOAD!

Cigaro and B.Y.O.B. make me cry tears of joy. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2005-05-11 20:47 ]</font>

Wyndham
May 11, 2005, 11:57 PM
I can't remember how, but Rainy Day Parade is stucck in my head.

Ness
May 12, 2005, 05:43 AM
I'm really into Linkin park, Lacuna Coil, and any other form of trance music.

Dangerous55
May 12, 2005, 01:46 PM
Wata's right, other dude is wrong and annoying.

My 2 cents.

On topic- Bob Dylan and The Who are currently entertaining me. But at this second it is Why Don't We Do It In The Road by The Beatles.