PDA

View Full Version : PSOX [or] PSOGC

Zen89
Apr 24, 2005, 05:34 PM
I use to play on on GC with PSO, but I have recently moved to the Xbox Version. I love the fact that you can use the Mic to talk instead of the Keyboard, but I am having second thoughts about it...

This is where you guys come in, Should I keep my current HL with PSOX, or return to the GC version?

*Mind you, on the GC version, I have 4 memory Cards of Characters, and one character with almost 1 thousand hours of game play*

sSeldomToasTt
Apr 24, 2005, 05:44 PM
I think you should stay, just because it would be too much to keep switching back and forth between the two. After all, you're still paying for that Xbox Live account, better use it for something.

Zen89
Apr 24, 2005, 05:55 PM
I actually got the XBL account for Halo 2, but I still dunno, I am leaving behind unfinished Chars, and a Lv 150 :|

Ketchup345
Apr 24, 2005, 05:58 PM
I'd stay with GC. You put much more time and possibly money in that version it seems like.

chibiLegolas
Apr 25, 2005, 01:19 PM
It's your personal preference. I'd say stick to the version with pals you'd have the most fun playing with. And if they're going to stick around. The games all about team players. So if everyone starts loosing interest in the game, it's like playing offline by yourself.

Then again, if you're a cmode player, it seems GC has the most players, no?

Flame_Master
Apr 25, 2005, 02:04 PM
gc more players=better gameplay and also pay less

Rianna_Type1
Apr 25, 2005, 02:05 PM
PSOGC 4 LYFE.

(.. well, at least until Blue Burst comes out.)

Rubesahl
Apr 25, 2005, 05:17 PM
I'd say GC for the fact that u don't have to pay Xbox live lol I also go the Xbox version, for collection's sake. i played it online for two months with a friend and stopped and now i'm playing offline single player and multiplayer until BB comes out here. I suggest u get the GC ver if don't play any other XB games http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Para
Apr 25, 2005, 08:44 PM
GC would be a better choice because of your time spent on GC is greater than xbox. However you should consider BB.

Ancient
Apr 25, 2005, 09:50 PM
meh, its not about how much time you put into the game, or the characters really, you can always remake them. Its about enjoying playing. I like the xbox version since there are no rampant FSODrs and "super haxxors", sure there are silly haxxors but they cant touch you like on GC so its much easier to find unlocked games. Plus the headset, though very lagtastic takes all the pressure of typing and fighting away, so now you can have friendly convorsations while in the heat of battle. Its just a more enjoyable experience.
You say you like playing the xbox version, then keep playing it. Eventually you'll be just as strong as you were before on GC, and you'll enjoy doing it!

AxemPunanny
Apr 26, 2005, 03:27 AM
Ask yourself this...

Will/Do you play other games on XBL? if yes, i'd stay with psox, since you're paying for XBL, mightest well use it... psox or not.

Are you willing to pay for HL on psogc even with XBL, or are you willing to pay for both HL (gc and xbox)? If you want to play on psogc, and are willing to pay for the HL there.. go for it. And if you're even willing to pay for both HLs, then do so. Yet, I would say the first question would have more weight on your answer; plus the ppl/environment you enjoy the most.

Zen89
Apr 26, 2005, 07:11 PM
Thanks for your help, so far, I see that more of you have voted for the GC, but I also see lots of Votes for XB. well, here is the deal:

-I have enjoyed starting from scratch, and even those I might be still using a Pallasch, I am pretty strong for my Level.

-Last night I tryed out GC on my brothers HL, I got FSOD 2 times in a roll, and noticed the Graphics (Menu Mode Mostly) were more fuzzy, and the menu was actually not easy to look at (Hurt my Eyes a bit)
The graphics are better on the Xbox version.

-the Headset. Can't beat that. Number one reason I wanted to play on the XB version.

-XBL: I used it for Doom 3 (traded that in tho), Unreal Chapm.2 Demo, and Of course, Halo 2. And I plan on buying more XBL Games in the future.

-I am not willing to pay for 2 HLs on 2 Different systems.

-I have noticed that there is the SAME amount of ppl on the XBOX version (Not including EU and JPN)

-Many GC PSO Gamers say that the XB version is Hacked to High Heaven... Well, This might be true, but I haven't come across any "Major Hacks" Only the Stupid NPC Sonic, Tails, etc. and Duped Weapons.
and the Xbox Version is actaully better, You dont have any FSOD hungry ppl, I havnt been FSOD on XB Once.

-CONCLUSION:
~I will be staying on PSOX, and will not be moving to PSO: BB, the next move for me will be PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zen89 on 2005-04-26 17:12 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zen89 on 2005-04-26 17:12 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zen89 on 2005-04-26 17:13 ]</font>

Rianna_Type1
Apr 26, 2005, 07:14 PM
On 2005-04-26 17:11, Zen89 wrote:
-Last night I tryed out GC on my brothers HL, I got FSOD 2 times in a roll, and noticed the Graphics (Menu Mode Mostly) were more fuzzy, and the menu was actually not easy to look at (Hurt my Eyes a bit)
The graphics are better on the Xbox version.

Not to be nitpicky, but you should look at other things in the game. The Gamecube's graphic overall are superior. Look at telepipe effect, Flowen's Sword and other special effects.

It's clear that Yuji Naka and Sonic Team had more preference to the Gamecube version of the game over the XBox version.

Zen89
Apr 26, 2005, 07:16 PM
Yes, That might be true, but the Menu is Much Cleaner, and I rather have a Clear Menu than a fuzzy Menu, but thats just me. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

digigram
Apr 26, 2005, 07:27 PM
-Many GC PSO Gamers say that the XB version is Hacked to High Heaven...

Absolutely not true. plain and simple. But, there aren't as many players on xbox as GC, even just with the US alone.

Curalkin
Apr 26, 2005, 07:35 PM
Stay with psox!!!!

Para
Apr 26, 2005, 08:32 PM
Actually there's no point in staying with PSOX when PSO:BB is out. PSO:BB's foundation is based on PSOX so you have all the graphical capabilities of PSOX and even better with new content, plus the voicechat and team functions .

Zen89
Apr 26, 2005, 08:46 PM
On 2005-04-26 18:32, Nites wrote:
Actually there's no point in staying with PSOX when PSO:BB is out. PSO:BB's foundation is based on PSOX so you have all the graphical capabilities of PSOX and even better with new content, plus the voicechat and team functions .

I said before that my next PSO move will be to PSU, its just too much moving around, and plus, Its just another version of the same game that has been released 4 times now, but one cool factor is Episode 4, but still, its too much moving... I want to get my PSOX char at least in the triple digits before I leave PSOX.

Nai_Calus
Apr 26, 2005, 08:48 PM
Since when the hell did PSOBB have voice chat? No, the external program your team uses does not count, it is NOT a feature of BB. You could do the same exact thing with PSOGC.

And I'd hardly call the team system a feature. Oh, sure, it's nice, until people start deciding they're better than other teams because they're 'more legit' or 'play more' or 'have more members that never log on'. Also punishes anyone who has the good sense to stay the fuck out of the drama by making it so they'll never be able to use the dressing room, good one, ST.

Stay on GC. Your characters are there and it has the best userbase.

Para
Apr 26, 2005, 08:54 PM
Curious though.. Isn't PSOX's voicechat part of live and not really PSO's own stuff or was it coded into PSO for PSOX only?

Rianna_Type1
Apr 26, 2005, 09:00 PM
On 2005-04-26 18:48, Ian-KunX wrote:
Stay on GC. Your characters are there and it has the best userbase.

I believe Nites is referring to when the US version is released.

I can guarantee you, just by talking to my friends alone, that PSOBB is going to have a pretty good amount of users.

There's going to be a number of PC users who don't have consols or never wanted to bother buying the equpiment for their Gamecube to get online with PSO that are going to be hoping on the PC version.

I know two friends of mine who wanted to play PSO but didn't but are going to on the PC version.

I think PSOBB will probably end up with a bigger longer lasting userbase than the Gamecube version, but that's just what I think.

Nai_Calus
Apr 27, 2005, 03:42 AM
Note that I said 'better', not 'larger'. The best of the GC players I know have no intention whatsoever of going to BB. A large userbase does not a good community make, look at anything on AOL for proof of that. XP

digigram
Apr 27, 2005, 08:31 AM
nites, it was coded specifically into PSOX, there are functions and icons added to the game that have nothing to do with PSO. Even down to realtime voice masking.