PDA

View Full Version : Cliche' Weaponry?

Shiva91
Apr 25, 2005, 03:06 PM
Ok, the other day I read somewhere, (I won't say where) that some guy was talking about being online and seeing everyone with the same weapon.

TJ sword, Double cannon, demo comet ect
Frozen Shooter, Spread needle, 9000m, ect
Summit moon, Psycho Wand, ect

I mean yea, they are very common. I mean everyone would probably agree, If you had a good weapon, you would use it, right?

So my question is, do you try to make your character as unique as possible or do you go with what you got and use it even if everyone else has it?

Rianna_Type1
Apr 25, 2005, 03:08 PM
The reason everyone is using the same weapon online is because everyone is using the same fucking dupes.

When I play online, I only use what I've found and it's also pretty awesome.

My HUcaseal is probably one of the few who uses a Flowen's Sword, Dragon Slayer, regular ass Vulcan mechs, and other common rares like the Cross Scar.

It makes her stand out and be different than everyone else, which is cool to me.

Daikarin
Apr 25, 2005, 03:09 PM
Both, Shiva. I get what I find and that makes me unique, like everyone else.

Now that didn't come off right, did it? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Shiva91
Apr 25, 2005, 03:14 PM
haha, I get what you mean http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I mean if you found a J-sword you would use it right?

Daikarin
Apr 25, 2005, 03:15 PM
Well, that'll be the day.

I would feel inclined to do so http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

TheOneHero
Apr 25, 2005, 03:18 PM
On 2005-04-25 13:08, Rianna_Type1 wrote:
The reason everyone is using the same weapon online is because everyone is using the same fucking dupes.

I'd like to second that.

Most of them are Emo kids that want to prove they're hardcore. ._.;

Skorpius
Apr 25, 2005, 03:26 PM
So, people who use the standard class equipment are emo kids? ;O

Luis
Apr 25, 2005, 03:31 PM
everyone uses the same weapon because.

1) They are dupes: gamers are too lazy to find their own items.

2) Lack of gameplay ability: some players doesnt have enough brains to select a good weapon by themselves, they just use the weapon that was selected by a friend, that was selected by the friend of that friend, and there goes the chain, for example, i dont use spread neddle and i find baranz launcher more usefull no matter what. (dont quote that please i wont change my opinion about it).

if i miss something add to this post.

TheOneHero
Apr 25, 2005, 03:33 PM
On 2005-04-25 13:26, Skorpius wrote:

Not really, I only said most.

I only say that since everytime I'm in a crowded lobby with a bunch of AR guys; they all complain how their parents/teachers hate them, and remind eachother to update their Live Journel on how life sucks.

Rianna_Type1
Apr 25, 2005, 03:33 PM
On 2005-04-25 13:31, Luis wrote:
2) Lack of gameplay ability: some players doesnt have enough brains to select a good weapon by themselves

This is true. You get alot of people, especially big dumb HUmars, that don't like to play if their weapon doesn't kill the monster in a couple of hits.

They don't understand the idea of teamwork, so they get their friends to dupe them more powerful weapons with insane %'s so that they can hit in the 3000's.

I don't know about you, but I dislike playing in teams with people like those guys. You get to bosses like Falz or Flow on ultimate and the battle is done before it's even begun. Then the person is like "LoL".

Yeah, okay. Fuck you, buddy.

I was with a team once with a guy like that and I didn't even get to hit Vol Opt v2's last form on Ultimate, so I got dicked out of experience.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rianna_Type1 on 2005-04-25 13:34 ]</font>

Scejntjynahl
Apr 25, 2005, 03:34 PM
People understimate the usefullness of combo weapons such as Flowen gear or the Custom gear. Sometimes store bought weapons are very nice. Because even if you lose them to FSOD there is a better chance you can find them again. Instead of having those rare weaponst that took so long to acquire.

Shiva91
Apr 25, 2005, 03:34 PM
You have a point, I mean sure the spread needle is great in all but it's not all it cracked up to be, I prefer a regular Shotgun w/ God/battle any day http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mystil
Apr 25, 2005, 03:35 PM
I was given Charge Vulcans, and a Charge Calibur(or something.) from a legit player. And you know what? I have been using them ever since. Before those, I was using legit twin pyschoguns(this is with my hune) and S&Y.

Demo comet sucks. There are better alternatives to P.Wand(speaking from experience). 9000m got nothing on Charge weaps http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif and Guld Milla(well 99.999999999998% of rangers use that.). Summit Moon is horrible, Frozen Shooter - while overused, can be a very supportive weapon. Most of those examples you mention I think people use just for style.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2005-04-25 13:40 ]</font>

Daikarin
Apr 25, 2005, 03:35 PM
On 2005-04-25 13:31, Luis wrote:
(dont quote that please i wont change my opinion about it).

Well, I was liking your post until I red THAT. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Anyway, you forgot to mention the most common reason why everyone uses the same weapon: Because that, normally, there's no better weapon than that. That's why everyone want's a Tsumikiri, or a Spread Needle.

Luis
Apr 25, 2005, 03:43 PM
On 2005-04-25 13:35, Even_Jin wrote:

Well, I was liking your post until I red THAT. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

sorry about it but thats because, i had read some quotes without any sense. Most of the time while i read the quote i put my hand on my head and think "this is real what i am reading?".

Anyhow your quote is good =)

Daikarin
Apr 25, 2005, 03:44 PM
Oh, I thought you were too narrow-minded to change your own mind. Sorry for the mistake. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

trypticon
Apr 25, 2005, 03:54 PM
I try to custom myself a bit by wearing a WORKS guard. The rest of the stuff I use is stuff I've found myself, so you don't see much change there.

hyperacute
Apr 25, 2005, 04:05 PM
Despite having a few of the more popular weps (Demo Comet, Lavis Cannon Yas 9k) I tend to use the stuff that suits the way I play as supposed to the stuff that, on paper, is the "best". Hence Charge Vulcs/L&K Combat on my HU backed up with Asuka for "up close and personal" whilst the Lavis (a trophy weapon if ever there was one) sits in the bank.

That said, my FO still uses Summit Moon for the tech boost and my RA uses Spread Needle/Red Mechs depending on the situation. At least it was all found legitimately and hey, if I want original looking chars, I'll change their hair colour!

Still dislike the Yas 9k for purely aesthetic reasons. And don't get me started on the awful noise it makes... : )

Maridia
Apr 25, 2005, 04:11 PM
But I LOVE my demo comet. ._. And I don't ever see anyone else using it. Maybe I don't play with the right people.

Everyone is always inclined to use the best things available to them. I think it's when you become a really high level that you're so strong you can afford to wander around with less strong weapons that look cool. Why not make it about style when you're tough enough to make it without the best stuff? XP

SilverSkull
Apr 25, 2005, 04:27 PM
I only use what I want and when I want. I do make an attempt to use status effects however and unique weapons are always fun to use.Though if I'm weak I always use my best weapon.

Anselm
Apr 25, 2005, 05:35 PM
I use whatever necessity calls for. I'll usually use my gatling +20's cuz they have pretty good %s. If i need long range then i bust out the VISK. If i need tp or am in Forest then i bust out double saber, If i'm in caves then i'll use my Storm Vulcans + 7, Ult or mines and i'll use Red Handgun + 4x. Somewhere that i needa blow up mines Crush Bullet. And finally, if i'm fighting weak enough enemies and don't wanna waste time i'll equip all my elf/arms++ and bust out my s-beat's blades http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

Jsaun32
Apr 25, 2005, 05:49 PM
Yea, i like to use the custom ver. 00 equipment, i dont know why but i like it, on my other person a hunter i use the Gigobomma's arm, Slient Claw +6, Yamato +12, and my Dragon Slayer... i've found a lot of diskas but i dont like em, maybe cause i've been playing offline since i first played this game

Tact
Apr 25, 2005, 05:53 PM
On 2005-04-25 15:49, Jsaun32 wrote:
i've found a lot of diskas but i dont like em, maybe cause i've been playing offline since i first played this game

Maybe it's because you have a Whitill Section ID.

Sayara
Apr 25, 2005, 06:58 PM
On 2005-04-25 13:33, TheOneHero wrote:

On 2005-04-25 13:26, Skorpius wrote:

Not really, I only said most.

I only say that since everytime I'm in a crowded lobby with a bunch of AR guys; they all complain how their parents/teachers hate them, and remind eachother to update their Livedead Journel on how life sucks.

Im on the same boat of using what you find useful. Which is why you see me using Justy 23S much more often then other Ra's.

OR i just play entirely different. Daggering Ra, Saber Fo...etc

kazuma56
Apr 25, 2005, 07:52 PM
The thing is, if PSO dodn't have FSOD I don't think everyone would be using the same weaponry, when I get online before months end, i'll probably be you're typical Spread Needle FS user, I will however, use melee weapons in areas like forest/caves/temple or spaceship.

If FSOD wasn't there, i'd be switching it up with all my weps I have on me currently, such as a Red saber and TB, or a yas 7k or my Yamigarasu.

Simply-Jay
Apr 25, 2005, 08:47 PM
Depends on my situtation, but currently, my favorite weapons are my Sange and Yasha, My S-Rank Katana (Appropriately named Masamume, for my character Odin, LOL!), and I usually keep my Tsumikiri with me. In the forest, Play around by using my Orotiagito (Love the special.) Caves I go with som sort of a double weapon (Mostly my Demo. Comet because of it's Good %.) Mines I keep a gun because those damn canines, and because the chics like to shoot me from far away, so I get a goos shot in before they hit me. And in Ruins and Seabeds, I use my Zamba and my S-Rank Mechs. But I'm not all big named weapons, I always keep some form of mechguns on me, mostly my Assaults.

And no, I'm not legit, so don't be suprised I have all these. ><

Evil_Althena8
Apr 25, 2005, 09:23 PM
Summit Moon is horrible? I found a Magic Rock Moola...waited till level 100 and collected grinders to grind a Cane to +55 to make one of those. I still don't regret it. A great weapon for FOnewearls.

PWand looks cool, provides the tech boost...and halves TP consumption. It's no wonder why people want one. It was my favourite weapon on V1 DC...although not legit by a longshot. I long to find a real one.

Since I haven't played online since V1 I don't really care about originality in terms of weapons anymore. I use Demo Comet because it's the best weapon my HUnewearl has at the moment. Although I'm currently trying to make my FOmar a melee FOmar that uses Rods....we'll see how that works out.

Nai_Calus
Apr 25, 2005, 09:59 PM
How about a Charge Yasminkov 9000M, Sil? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Don't forget that most melee and support Forces end up using the same things too.

Anyway, my semi-stereotypical equipment lists, which basically show that I vary:

FOmar: Soul Banish, S-Rank Twin(Rati Twin), Holy Ray. Stereotype time! But it's all legit, so nyah. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

HUmar: Stereotypical middle-of-the-road equip. Red Partisan, Meteor Cudgel, Red Handgun. Yawn.

RAmarl: Boring and standard. S-Rank Needle, Frozen Shooter, Charge Vulcan(Or Charge Yasminkov 9000M if I'm feeling assholish).

Skorpius
Apr 25, 2005, 10:03 PM
I go Melee on my RAmarl:
MKB, Madam's Umbrella, Geist Diska >_>

Ranged on my HUne:
Mechs, Handgun, SLicer

And I use shitty weapons with my FOmarl:
Plantain Huge Fan, G-Assassin Sabers

I rock.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-04-25 20:04 ]</font>

Luis
Apr 25, 2005, 10:47 PM
On 2005-04-25 13:33, Rianna_Type1 wrote:

I don't know about you, but I dislike playing in teams with people like those guys.

i am on gamecube, you?

PJ
Apr 25, 2005, 11:06 PM
I'd like to say, about 1% of the Ranger population actually uses something different from Frozen Shooter, Spread Needle and Yas 9k. (Or Snow Queen, SRank Needle and Charge Vulcans. Get off ma case!) http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Almost 0 variety, despite there being some other cool guns out there D:

On 2005-04-25 19:23, Evil_Althena8 wrote:
Although I'm currently trying to make my FOmar a melee FOmar that uses Rods....we'll see how that works out.

It's definately possible. PJ meleed through Multimode Seabed (Not alone, of course >_>) using his SRank Rod. And in single player he can too. (Although lately, he's been a little clingy to his Exscoobd Saber http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2005-04-25 21:08 ]</font>

Mixfortune
Apr 25, 2005, 11:22 PM
On 2005-04-25 21:06, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
I'd like to say, about 1% of the Ranger population actually uses something different from Frozen Shooter, Spread Needle and Yas 9k. (Or Snow Queen, SRank Needle and Charge Vulcans. Get off ma case!) http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Almost 0 variety, despite there being some other cool guns out there D:

Right, but who's fault is that... the players', or ST's? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
Not saying there can't be weapons that are inherently better than others in various situations, but consider this... the best weapons... or rather, combinations of weapons, are all found normally. No new and special quests with outlandish and rare requirements in order to create or obtain.

Basically what I'm saying is, with a game that's been out as long as PSO has, most "builds" are for the most part known, with a higher increase in the number of rares than there is decrease (through deletion, corruption, FSOD, etc.), making even the "greatest" combination of weapons not necessarily... rare. Another factor being as well that as long as you fit the class/stat requirement, you can use it. Usually for "other" games, the class requirement is more strict, and less broad. There are also items in such "other" games that only work with a certain unchangeable build... meaning you can't drop your current build to change your weapon... whereas in PSO, you just equip a different mag if you need to...

All of this adds up to a much lesser number of total "builds", which inevitably end up being primarily weapon based... and based off weapons that aren't "too" rare... at least when compared to the average rare.

Does it make the game worse? Not necessarily... but if anyone wants it to change, or if it would change, it'd be on the game designer's side... not the player side.

Tycho
Apr 26, 2005, 12:15 AM
If all FOnewearls will use a Psycho Wand, Striker of Chaor or Marina's Bag (ignoring the Summit Moon users), that does not mean I won't. Otherwise I'd fail, I need the support boosts in PW3 and PW4. o.o;

digigram
Apr 26, 2005, 08:37 AM
maybe onGC that is the case, although I doubt it. On xbox, almost EVERYONE is some 12-13 year old texan bitch that pretends to be a hard assed gangsta.

Yeah, thats 90% of the idiot xbox players. Including the stereotypical darkflow swinging clones running around.

There's nothing more bone chilling and frightening than a 12 year old saying, "yo, Whaddup muthaf__kin f___ot".

Grr.

AxelgearVII
Apr 26, 2005, 08:50 AM
I use those cliche uber weapons. But the difference between me and most people is that all of mine are legit. Does that make me unique? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

TheOneHero
Apr 26, 2005, 11:10 AM
On 2005-04-26 06:37, digigram wrote:

maybe onGC that is the case, although I doubt it. On xbox, almost EVERYONE is some 12-13 year old texan bitch that pretends to be a hard assed gangsta.

Yeah, thats 90% of the idiot xbox players. Including the stereotypical darkflow swinging clones running around.

There's nothing more bone chilling and frightening than a 12 year old saying, "yo, Whaddup muthaf__kin f___ot".

Grr.

X_X Half the time they don't know what that means.

Feed them some Emos:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/TheOneHero/n00b/emos.jpg

azrafel
Apr 26, 2005, 12:39 PM
I still use my Akiko's Frying Pan....but i don't go online http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Neith
Apr 26, 2005, 12:49 PM
On 2005-04-25 13:35, Silhouette wrote:
Demo comet sucks.

Wha? The Demo Comet may not be a BKB or a Double Cannon, but it's also nowhere near as rare. For it's rarity, it's a hell of a good twin saber especially if you can get one with hit%'s. Ive used a Demo Comet with my HUney solidly from lv 105ish. I'm now lv 146, and I still love it. Ill keep using it, because: I dont like the look of the BKB, and the Double Cannon is just too much time to go and hunt a Lavis and 2 Syncestas.
Anyway, as far as cliche weapons go, most players that use them use dupes. The few that dont use dupes and play legitimately use them because they're good. You wouldn't use a wepaon with shockingly bad stats, when you have something better. Aesthetics is a factor, but most of the uber rare/cliche weapons look cool. C'mon, the Psycho Wand looks kick-ass, as does the TJS, Yas9km etc. If I had any of the cliche weapons, Id probably use them, rather than banking a useful weapon.

adamgnome104
Apr 26, 2005, 01:35 PM
I remember trying to be as unique as possible and getting my old FOnewm up to level 124 with a PLANTAIN LEAF. x3

Luis
Apr 26, 2005, 02:26 PM
On 2005-04-25 21:06, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:

This is what i mean with lack of gameplay ability, like i said i prefer baranz launcher than spread neddle, but thats not the only case that you can use another weapon, for example you can use instead of froozen shooter+spread neddle+yas9k, a combo like bringers rifle+spread neddle+yas9k, or maybe those ones

- Snow queen + S-Rank Neddle + Guld Milla

- Froozen Shooter + Baranz Launcher + Guld Milla

- Froozen Shooter + Spread Neddle + Charge Hit Vulcans

- Yas 7K + Yas 3K + Yas 9K + Froozen Shooter

And there you can use more than 3 weapons, the game not only drops 3 ranger weapons, they drops a lot of ranger weapons some are useless, some are not (but not 3 only).

I am neither as a Force, or Hunter, even those i am only a Ramar, never tryed Racast or any other Ra Series, but my 3 years on Ranger Experience, i seem more than 3 weapons usefull for rangers, not saying that froozen shooter+s-neddle+yas9k is a bad combination but there are others, just need to figure out.

Also i saw everyday my wife plays with her force, she got a pwand, and i agree with tycho there, psyco wand is a great weapon but also DIFICULT TO FIND, not everyone SHOULD have it (the legit way), because is most likely a lottery, not everyone is millonarie because of a lotto ticket, a little poblation won, and the rest need to try again.

And thas all for this post.

Genoa
Apr 26, 2005, 04:31 PM
Use what you want, if people who play online don't like it, then don't play with them.
I use alot of weapons that were given to me, I don't care if they're dupes or not. I like how they look so i'm wearing them. I only really play to have fun now. Just really me and my 3 other friends. And I gotta say, 1/2 the stuff isn't ours. But I don't give a rats ass about what anybody thinks or says about it. So what if I didn't find them, I got them now right? I'ma use them. I'm not hardcore.
MY FOmar, Geno Leonis/Bluefull/lvl.127/(near 75 game play hours, without any online play)
Soul Banish +9
Bringer's Rifle+9
Fukka Twin+250
Ancient Saber+9 (legit)
Mind Vulcans+9 [50%hit] (legit)
Caduceus (legit)
Ultimate Frame (legit)
God/Power [3 of them]
God/Battle (legit)
Tripolic Shield
Rati (200)[pow mag]
Angel Wings (200)[mind mag]
If it didn't say legit next to it... then it was given to me.

hyperacute
Apr 26, 2005, 05:43 PM
Just a thought but, given the number of recommended equipment/weapon guides and threads, is it any wonder that people tend to tool up with the same items... ; )

MadHatter
Apr 27, 2005, 09:50 PM
Y'know, the whole idea of carbon-copy hunters bugs me too. I'm a LV105 HUmar, and I still use the Cross Scars just for the sheer fact that they're stylish and I have the ATP to not care. I carry around a Stag, Geist Calibur, Bravace, and God Hand, and I'm poking around for a Part. of Lightning.

Now, heck, if I find some killer uber-weapon then hell yeah I'll use it! If you happen to find a Dbl Cannon of J-Sword, freaking use it. If not for all the hackers and dupers, such weapons would be a mark of skill and pride.

Bu5ta
Apr 27, 2005, 10:32 PM
On 2005-04-25 13:35, Silhouette wrote:
1) Demo comet sucks.
2) There are better alternatives to P.Wand(speaking from experience).
3) 9000m got nothing on Charge weaps http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif and
4) Guld Milla(well 99.999999999998% of rangers use that.).
5) Summit Moon is horrible,
6) Frozen Shooter - while overused, can be a very supportive weapon.
7) Most of those examples you mention I think people use just for style.

1) No, it doesn't.
2) Like? I have yet to see any.
3) I beg to differ. Try to tell me that in Tower. Plus it's annoying carrying around tons of meseta all the time.
4) I find that hard to believe. I have been playing online for about a year now and I have never seen someone use a pair of legit Guld Millas ever. So how do you figure that 99% of rangers use it? Its very difficult to find.
5) Riiiiiiight. I'll have to remind my FOney of that. >_>
6) 'CAN' be?......
7) No Comment.

Hrith
Apr 28, 2005, 04:10 AM
100% with Bu5ta

Mystil
Apr 28, 2005, 12:02 PM
Ah come on, give me a break. It's my personal preference. Of course it's not going be the same for others http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif.

adamgnome104
Apr 28, 2005, 02:27 PM
I find that people who use the cliche weapons use them because they are dupes, the legit people use them because they are so obsessive about PSO they actually spent hours and hours and hours and hours finding the weapons after so hard and patient work...that they would never unequip them. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

lancesomestuf
Apr 28, 2005, 10:40 PM
im an xbox player and so is my friend. we use whatever weapons we want. my friend has three files he has betwwen 100 and 200 special weapons. his favorite weapons are the crush bullet, meteor smash and the DB saber. In my file i Used Musashi's+54, Yamato+32, varista, kaldablog and flowen's sword. and i think its those guides that persuade them. people should learn to pick their own weaopns not some form a guide.

Rageous
Apr 30, 2005, 04:24 PM
my humar has a bkb, red sword, rainbow baton(got fsod'd, have the stone backed up, but haven't remade it yet because i found a charge diska and like it better =p). My rangers have yas 9km, spread needle, Frozen shooter, and hopefully soon a guld milla. My foney has a striker of chaos, marinas bag, summit moon, merges, and all canes, clubs, etc. i hunted all these weapons for months and am damn proud of them...and i dont care if everyone uses them, its ST's fault for making very useful weapons so easy to get.

I'm not going to use a claw or a cross scar or something just because 100s of other people have BKBs...its pointless to shortchange my humar just because one of the best hunter weapons is easy to get. Some people wouldn't even play with my humar because he had a BKB and angel wing mag...they would just leave the game once it started.

adamgnome104
May 2, 2005, 03:11 PM
It's not that using mass duped weapons makes you less orginal, sometimes people who do that whore out all the fucking expierance. :/

I was using my legitly found Stat Cutlery (I don't use legit armour/frame/units but that's because I don't want to start over until PSO BB XD)

And then, I join a game, and there are 2 Rangers doing like 500 damage each time they hit with random mech guns, and then there was some idiot doing 1800 some odd damage with a BKB. :/ It kills everything before I even got a chacne to hit something. Less chalendging and very annoying .