PDA

View Full Version : New Info from Famitsu - GCPSO Lobby/Mag/Actions!

sonicblue
Jul 28, 2002, 12:18 PM
I saw this at another board and rushed right over here when I was done reading it. I gave the list of topics here a quick glance and didn't notice any topics that were about this new information. My humble apologies if the majority of you have already seen this.

-------------------------------

Information on Sega's upcoming Phantasy Star Online Episodes I & II for the Nintendo GameCube has appeared in the latest edition of Famitsu magazine, with most of the material localizing on both new features and level enhancements.

There's a level known as the "Lab" revealed in the trial version of the title currently distributed in Japan. Inside the Lab, information contributed by Hunters is processed and analyzed in order to garner more information on the natural environments of Planet Ragol.

Background images like billboards and backdrops will be present in the city of Pioneer 2. Several new NPCs will be added to the environment as well.

Episode II is set in the future, on post-explosion Ragol, where monster populations are increasing in number despite the best efforts of the Hunters. A mysterious message is sent from an island by the Central Dome called Gal da Tal, with the shocking source being a survivor of Pioneer 1. The Hunters are sent in to investigate the startling discovery. What is known about the Final version GC PSO.

Lobbies are approximately 1.5 times bigger than their DC counterparts

In the Dreamcast version of PSO, only the city is decorated when an event occurs, in the GC version, even the lobbies are decorated as well.

GC version will have more events and quest.

You can alternate lobby action for male or female characters by using the shift-key on the GC keyboard.

There are chairs in the lobby now, players can now use the sit action

Players with the keybord can use the 'I' or 'U' key to activate the action command, whereas players without a keyboard need to use the key X+B on their controllers

Players will not be allowed to feed their MAGs while in the lobby (just like the DC version).

Added features
Users can write a small memo on the guild card they received (probably to remind them who that particular user is)

Players can use the check room in multiplayer mode, thus allowing the possibility of "muling".

More MAG colors and selectable MAG colors in costume select mode.

Others
Each class will now have different material usage limits.

Each character class will now more unique merits and disadvantages to better differentiate their classes.

Credits: Dreamcast Magazine, PSO Maneuver.
-----

This week feature talks about the introduction of scenic lobbies in the final version.

Ship: Gamecube: 01-01
Jungle setting on the exterior, wooden furnishing on the interior

Ship: Gamecube: 01-03
Objects such as chairs loiter the area, pictures of Ramar & Fomar sitting around. Sort of like a bar

Ship: Gamecube: 01-04
A water fountain is present in this particular lobby

Ship: Gamecube:01-07
multiple numerical numbers are present all over this lobby. The matrix..?

Ship:Gamecube:01-08
A rainbow is persent in this particular lobby

Ship:Gamecube:01-10
On the exterior, snow is falling. On the interior, winter type furnishing is present.

New Boss: Balbarei
The boss for Sacred Sanctuary. It is also confirmed that there are bosses present for both Sacred Sanctuary and VR spaceship. According to the magazine, Balbarei is actually the smaller version of its bigger brother "Big Rei", which is the boss for VR Spaceship.

Credits: Famitsu Magzine August 8th Issue 9

Ian D
Jul 28, 2002, 12:27 PM
All old news to me except for the last part of what you wrote. Scenic lobbies sound very cool.

Riel
Jul 28, 2002, 12:41 PM
Cool,lots of new stuff for me there...not sure about the Mag in select costume feature though,what does that mean??is it like if you change costume for 100,000 mesetas you will get to change how your Mag looks like?

Vitamin_D
Jul 28, 2002, 12:50 PM
Cooool. I'm gonna be in a lot more all nighters when the game comes out I'm guessing.

sonicblue
Jul 28, 2002, 12:58 PM
On 2002-07-28 10:41, Riel wrote:
Cool,lots of new stuff for me there...not sure about the Mag in select costume feature though,what does that mean??is it like if you change costume for 100,000 mesetas you will get to change how your Mag looks like?
From what I gather that is probably what it means. A great addition for those of us that care about how we look in the virtual world. I can't stand not having a matching mag for my costume. ^_^;;

Shadow_Blade
Jul 28, 2002, 01:37 PM
People will be spending even MORE time in the lobby now, and less in the acttual game. ^ ^;

Agent_Reav
Jul 28, 2002, 01:51 PM
*hopes sonic team dump symbol chat* I've seen way too many beastiality symbol chats... My brain is scarred O.o

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jul 28, 2002, 02:53 PM
People will be spending even MORE time in the lobby now, and less in the acttual game.
Meep, yep, too many people will be getting table/lap dances from HUnewearl chicks =>_<=.

Ian D
Jul 28, 2002, 03:01 PM
On 2002-07-28 12:53, SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko wrote:

People will be spending even MORE time in the lobby now, and less in the acttual game.
Meep, yep, too many people will be getting table/lap dances from HUnewearl chicks =>_<=.

Ohhh damn, pixelated chicks pleasing me. I can't wait.

Davion
Jul 28, 2002, 03:03 PM
I love the chair thing. Imagine the screenshots. *Davion sits down and picks up his wine glass as he motions to a lady.

Alielle
Jul 28, 2002, 03:11 PM
Hey, that's really cool.

(i.e. I am peeing my pants in anticipation... sigh.)

Dabra
Jul 28, 2002, 03:38 PM
On 2002-07-28 13:03, Davion wrote:
I love the chair thing. Imagine the screenshots. *Davion sits down and picks up his wine glass as he motions to a lady.

...while she sits on your lap and you hump her O_O

Darrin
Jul 28, 2002, 05:43 PM
Old News, I posted this earlier on the HOME

sonicblue
Jul 28, 2002, 05:58 PM
On 2002-07-28 15:43, Darrin wrote:
Old News, I posted this earlier on the HOME

LMAO. Actually, if you look at your post time and my post time, I posted this 28 minutes before you did. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Not that it matters, just pointing that out because you called it "Old News." http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Tsukishima-Ruriko
Jul 29, 2002, 01:45 AM

Wonder what the katakana/kanji letters for this name originally were. From the looks of it, if you translated the name differently, you will end up with..

Barubary. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Alielle
Jul 29, 2002, 02:54 AM
On 2002-07-28 23:45, Tsukishima-Ruriko wrote:

Wonder what the katakana/kanji letters for this name originally were. From the looks of it, if you translated the name differently, you will end up with..

Barubary. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Yeah, more or less! I'm guessing it's pronounced like "Barubarei."

Then again, "Barubary" is originally the name of a monster from a Breath of Fire game, so it might be the name of a mythical monster in the first place... still, that's pretty weird.

rena-ko
Jul 31, 2002, 05:35 AM
SNOW!! AT LAST! (^o^)/

sorry for shouting (i know, shift-lock's not a toy >_<) but snow and sitting down were two of my biggest lobby-wishes (well, actually i'd like a real snowy snow-level with lots of falling snow in different density and speed better but a lobby is a start and maybe... *dreaming away ^-^;;*).

*starts murmuring* cant wait cant wait cant wait........

Gazebo
Jul 31, 2002, 08:00 AM
I like chairs in the lobbies cause the only other things i would do in the lobbies is run around in circles and try and play with the monitors in the lobbies.... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif