PDA

View Full Version : Maximum Attack Question

Sitka
Apr 26, 2005, 05:11 PM
We're nearing the end of the first Maximum Attack Quest on Xbox and some of us went a bit crazy as in taking every character class through and collecting all the hearts. I'm not done yet, but I'm getting close.

If my math is correct, I will end up earning 60 photon spheres when all is said and done - assuming I finish everything in time (12 characters earning 5 photon spheres each) and complete all second Quest requirements. That would create the possibility of putting 100% in three areas on as many as six weapons or more if starting percents are already high. If adding percents to a weapon with high hit, two areas could be taken to 100%.

But what six weapons?

What recommendations would you have if you could add percents to any six weapons in the game? Which additional percents would go the farthest on making a weapon an "ultimate weapon?"

JinxJinxJinx
Apr 26, 2005, 06:18 PM
You can pipe shop some good ass charge hit mechguns and buy 2...

Sitka
Apr 26, 2005, 06:22 PM
I have many, many 50% hit charge weapons including multiple full sets of 0/0/50/50/50 and similar type vulcans. To be honest, though effective, they are boring to use.

I was thinking more along the lines of some earlier discussions with Kef et al on the relative value of specific rare weapons with increased percentages in certain areas and reduced versus unreduced qualities - things like that.

Thanks for the contribution though.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ryna
Apr 26, 2005, 06:23 PM
On 2005-04-26 16:18, JinxJinxJinx wrote:
You can pipe shop some good ass charge hit mechguns and buy 2...

The percentages would be wasted on Mechguns. That weapon-class does not increase your ATP enough to make it worth using the photon spheres.

Obvious candidates for using Photon Spheres would be the TJ Sword, Double Cannon, and Black King Bar.

Hrith
Apr 27, 2005, 04:56 AM
The 6 weapons you have that have the highest ATP (and that you actually use).

Tycho
Apr 27, 2005, 07:06 AM
All 12-star Hunter weapons except Orochi Agito.

chibiLegolas
Apr 27, 2005, 01:42 PM
This is surprising. A vet like you asking a question that is more of a personal preference question?

Well, it really is for weapons you would use most of the time, no? That, and weapons with hit% is a no brainer.

And I suppose you're asking for weapons of all classes since you'd probably have all of them by now?

I'd pesonally love to add it to:
Zanba - Deadly in the hands of a HUcast. Just bring along a healer. lol.

Vjaya with hit% -My all time favorite weapon. Also great for the 2 worm bosses.

Bringer's Rifle/Angel Harp/Holy Ray or any other rifle type weapons that non-rangers could use. I reserve these for the 2 last bosses.

Rainbow Baton -Universal slicer for any class.

Soul Banish -for fomar or fomarl

Monkey King Bar -for rangers

You might want to concider weapons were you can swap between your characters to mix things up from time to time. And weapons types that usually aren't available to that class.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2005-04-27 11:44 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2005-04-27 11:46 ]</font>

RadiantLegend
Apr 27, 2005, 01:56 PM
*S-reds
*Yas9k
*FS/SQ
*your Fav sword
*your Fav swords/twin (Asuka for example)
and
*-_-; spread needle

Sitka
Apr 27, 2005, 01:59 PM
I've played the game a long time, but I don't claim to have all the answers. I was just looking for other ideas, particularly following some earlier discussion on a similar topic.

Nice ideas about the weapons. T-J sword for sure - if I had one. BKB definitely. S&Y is a given. Soul Banish if I can get one with hit. Sanzo's got an 80% hit Vjaya that I would love to percent up - Bacon and I had that discussion relative to a great battle mode weapon. I might consider the Angel Harp 'cus I do use and like that weapon. Chain Sawd might be nice with extra percents. Not sure if Guld-Millas (don't have yet) or the Yas guns would be worth it - that's where I had some question. Now I'm curious about that Flight Cutter with an unreduced special.

Thanks again for the input.

Notos
Apr 27, 2005, 02:37 PM
Like Ryna said, mechguns are not worth it. They give so little ATP bonus that even by giving it 100%, there by doubling the ATP, it'll still only be a minor benefit. Though Guld Milla does give quite a lot of ATP for mechguns.

If I remember correctly, 6 ATP equates to one damage. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Pick weapons that you use or would like to use often that have naturally high ATP boost and soup them up. At least that's what I would do.

If you're using flight cutter or other weapons mainly for their special, then there's no real need to boost it. That's excluding beserk, spirit and charge, of course.

Hmm... Do becareful when you soup up a weapon. Imagine having a weapon that can kill everything in one hit. People seeking to level up probably wouldn't welcome that in multiplayer. But I reckon the force will just "forget" to shifta your HUcast. So don't worry too much about it and show me legit 5K damage.

Hrith
Apr 27, 2005, 09:07 PM
On 2005-04-27 11:56, Ragolismine wrote:
*Yas9k
*FS/SQ
and
*-_-; spread needleBad idea, bad idea and, let's see, bad idea http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Those weapons do not have good ATP = waste of PSs.

On 2005-04-27 12:37, Notos wrote:
If I remember correctly, 6 ATP equates to one damage. Correct me if I'm wrong.You are 'wrong'. This is dependent on monsters' DFP, on monsters with high DFP such as Morfos or Ill Gill, 1 damage would be more like 50 ATP.
Damage increases exponentionally in PSO, so you cannot have a ratio.

Blitzkommando
Apr 27, 2005, 09:43 PM
If you were to do a rifle type, other than Angel Harp, I would suggest a Yasminkov 3000R. It has power above that of other rifles and is more stable in ATP than Yasminkov 7000V (not to mention greater range). My Yasminkov 3000R that is my primary has decent percents, to Native/Machine/Hit. And with RAmarl, the low end ATP of rangers, I am doing around 550damage a hit in Mines (over 600 in Forest), with no zalure.

Bu5ta
Apr 27, 2005, 09:50 PM
Yup, your best choice would be weapons with a lot of ATP, as noted earlier by others.

The more ATP the weapon itself has, the better the % will boost the damage.

Although don't expect to see a HUGE increase. When I used them I was expecting it to double the damage I did, but it doesn't. On my Yas3k I am doing about 100-120 more damage than I did before, which is nice, but not quite as much as I expected it to be.

Zansatsu
Apr 28, 2005, 11:58 AM
you should try to get a SRANK Needle and give it the Zalure as special attack.If you give that one 100% on native or something. I say you should take ass much http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif My friend told me that the Zalure for SRANK's is like Level 30 Zalure for Forces, is it true?

Ryna
Apr 28, 2005, 12:32 PM
On 2005-04-28 09:58, Zansatsu wrote:
you should try to get a SRANK Needle and give it the Zalure as special attack.If you give that one 100% on native or something. I say you should take ass much http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif My friend told me that the Zalure for SRANK's is like Level 30 Zalure for Forces, is it true?

1. SRank Zalure is about equivalent to level 33 Zalure.

2. You cannot add percetages to SRank weapons.

3. The SRank Needle's ATP wouldn't make it a good candidate for using photon spheres, even if it were possible.

Notos
Apr 28, 2005, 02:00 PM
All that photon spheres for just 100-120 increase? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif I also thought it would be a bit more spectacular than that. It's better than nothing, I guess. But still...

Kef, you don't happen to have the forumla to calculate damage, do you? I fooled around with the damage calculator on this site and the damage difference between 2000 ATP and 2050 ATP is 9 points on both normal and ultimate online morfos. That 50 extra ATP should make less of a difference in ultimate than normal according to what you said. Is the damage calculator wrong or did I missed something?

Hrith
Apr 28, 2005, 03:01 PM
On 2005-04-28 12:00, Notos wrote:
All that photon spheres for just 100-120 increase? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif I also thought it would be a bit more spectacular than that. It's better than nothing, I guess. But still...That's a weapon with average ATP, the damage difference would be much more significant on a weapon with 700 or more ATP.

Kef, you don't happen to have the forumla to calculate damage, do you? I fooled around with the damage calculator on this site and the damage difference between 2000 ATP and 2050 ATP is 9 points on both normal and ultimate online morfos. That 50 extra ATP should make less of a difference in ultimate than normal according to what you said. Is the damage calculator wrong or did I missed something?Dunno, the damage calculator here gives a rough idea, but is not 100% accurate.
I dunno the formula, I suck at maths, I really do, so not exponential formula from me.
If you know whatexponential means, than you understand how physical damage works in PSO.

Bu5ta
Apr 28, 2005, 03:26 PM
On 2005-04-28 13:01, Kef wrote:
That's a weapon with average ATP, the damage difference would be much more significant on a weapon with 700 or more ATP.

Well yeah, but there are very few weapons with that much ATP. In my personal experience I was kinda let down a little bit. I mean hell Yas3k is the strongest Rifle in the whole friggin game and to only do about 100 more damage was kind of a let down for me. I was expecting a good 200 damage increase. Oh well, I guess thats what I get for assuming.

Sitka
Apr 28, 2005, 03:41 PM
That's an awful lot of questing for such a minimal gain.

Damn http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Just when you think you're starting to understand this game....

still, I got an s-parts out of it and tons of mats/grinders/pd's and such, so I guess it's worth it in the long run.

And Kef, for someone who "sucks at maths," you sure have a pretty decent handle on stats and such. I do hope I get a chance to play with you again. Perhaps this weekend if you're on the cube?

Notos
Apr 28, 2005, 03:54 PM
I see, I'll take the damage calculator with a grain of salt, then. I understand the gist of how damage works in PSO now, thanks.

On 2005-04-28 13:01, Kef wrote:
That's a weapon with average ATP, the damage difference would be much more significant on a weapon with 700 or more ATP.

Hehehe, I'll take the bait. I think most people here, especially those who are hunting the J sword, would like to know anyway. How much more damage does your J sword do after you put all those photon spheres on it? A screen shot showing the damage you do with 4 way PB and S zalure on your HUcast using it would be nice. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Is it better than your Zanba?

Hrith
Apr 28, 2005, 04:15 PM
Yas3k is a powerful rifle, but Rifle is not a powerful weapon type, at least not compared to Lavis series, Orotiagito, TJS, S&Y, BKB, and many others.

Bu5ta
Apr 28, 2005, 05:45 PM
On 2005-04-28 14:15, Kef wrote:
Yas3k is a powerful rifle, but Rifle is not a powerful weapon type, at least not compared to Lavis series, Orotiagito, TJS, S&Y, BKB, and many others.

True, but how is a RA supposed to use them? NUG, Gi-Gue, and Yas3k and 7k are about as strong a RA weps as it gets, so I guess RAs are pretty much S.O.L.