PDA

View Full Version : Gran Turismo 3

Dangerous55
Jul 28, 2002, 07:48 PM
Well, I am not a real big racing fan, but since its only 20 bucks and a great game, I bought it. Its super deep and intimidating, so far I beat only the Sunday Cup, I have a PT Cruiser and the car you get when you beat that cup. Both of the cars have some tune-up stuff. I got very little credits, anyone play this?

If you have a PS2 and bored with it, pick this game up, its a Greatest Hit and only 20 bucks. Very deep.

Shadow_Blade
Jul 28, 2002, 07:58 PM
heh, i bought the volkswagon bug, which u can win at the start, and suped it up. ^_^

CodeName62
Jul 28, 2002, 08:01 PM
I plan on getting this game some time soon, espically since it's part of the greatest hits section. I played Grand Turismo 2, and really liked it.

Dangerous55
Jul 28, 2002, 08:26 PM
Hmm, I wonder what one I should use. The PT Cruiser is the better of the 2, I think...

Rylios
Jul 28, 2002, 09:10 PM
I mad mad creds and hooked up a supre 1056 Hp Has no control though
all 4 stages of turbo and everythign included
Fast but not enough to win all of the final cups

jazzyfox
Jul 28, 2002, 10:53 PM
I took the Trueno through most of the ultra low level stuff. The sloooow start kinda put me off for a while. But then I got my WRX. Set a car goal an work for that. :)

The game is like buttah with the Logitech force feedback wheel. ohh yeah.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jazzyfox on 2002-07-28 20:56 ]</font>

Dangerous55
Jul 29, 2002, 12:31 AM
Hmm, I just gave my PT a Turbo system, gets like 213 mph. Pretty good. I have decided this game is awsome. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ranma
Jul 29, 2002, 12:31 AM
That game is one of my favorite racing games next to Ridge Racer and Tokyo Xtreme racer. the Trueno is a preety good car after you sup it up. I thimk the Skyline is a preety fast car but me and it don't get along very well.

Mazarin
Jul 29, 2002, 02:22 AM
I started w/ the PT Cruiser(which made me sad, cause I hate that ugly pregnant rollerskate) I did nothing to increase the power on it, I just kept running lower races until I got enough for a used early 90s Mitsu 3000GT. Then I raced one of the endurance tracks(something like 50 laps?) I think I lapped the field twice, and you win something like $500K! I bought the SuperBeetle after that, and I was unstopable.

If you're ever looking for easy money, do that endurance race. Think of it this way, 4 hours running short races in series for $100K if you're lucky, or less than 2 hours running one race for $500K?

Russta
Jul 29, 2002, 07:20 AM
I must admit I love GT3 even though i'm not big on racing games. In fact the only other racing game to proper pull me in has been Rallisport. I've kinda given up on GT3 at 68% complete as it's just a case winning laps in my F1 cars now.

BTW start with the Trueno Apex (spg) car and Be Quiet and Drive.

Dangerous55
Jul 29, 2002, 11:52 AM
I hate the PT in real life too, looks like a tophat. I need to get a better car, I am just gonna try to win some races and save up for one. I never sell any of my cars.

Russta
Jul 29, 2002, 05:23 PM
The black PT cruiser looks like a hearst.

Kent
Jul 30, 2002, 04:49 AM
What?!

There are people who actually like this crappy game?

Wow...

jazzyfox
Jul 30, 2002, 09:57 AM
On 2002-07-30 02:49, Kent wrote:
What?!

There are people who actually like this crappy game?

Wow...

Wow is right. As in "Wow you are an asshole, Kent."

Please be relevant next time.

Anyhooo.

Once I won the Escudo from the rally courses, we took it to the enducance race on the oval. With a little help from a rubber band to keep it running against the wall, you can have a pretty much hands free cheap win for some cash.

But overall, I had fun actually driving the races in cars suited to the event instead of a monster powerful one. The most fun is the close ones, when you're fighting for that 1st up until the last straight.

Russta
Jul 30, 2002, 11:41 AM
On 2002-07-30 07:57, jazzyfox wrote:
Once I won the Escudo from the rally courses, we took it to the enducance race on the oval. With a little help from a rubber band to keep it running against the wall, you can have a pretty much hands free cheap win for some cash.

That not how I earned my F1 car...

Dangerous55
Jul 30, 2002, 12:55 PM
Anyone else think the liscences are extremely hard to get.