PDA

View Full Version : red sword/chan sawd or orotiagito?

damage
Apr 28, 2005, 12:26 PM
which one and why?

and another thing.

Does the agito hit multiple enemies like the swords?

Ryna
Apr 28, 2005, 12:43 PM
On 2005-04-28 10:26, damage wrote:
Does the agito hit multiple enemies like the swords?

Have a look at this thread for your Red Sword/Chainsawd comparison:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=78021&forum=7&start=15

As for the Agito, since it is a Katana weapon, you can only hit one enemy at a time with it. I'm not to sure if the special is able to penetrate though.

damage
Apr 28, 2005, 12:47 PM
once again you saved the day.

i'll go for the red sword and agito.

Ryna
Apr 28, 2005, 12:49 PM
Here is a more recent discussion about the Red Sword/Chainsawd:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=97050&forum=7

It maybe helpful to note that preferences vary widely on these two weapons among the members of this forum.

Sitka
Apr 28, 2005, 04:01 PM
Boy, there is mucho difference in opinion on these three weapons. If you open up a topic like this, strap on a Flame Barrier - trust me.

Red Sword is colorful (it's red) and has the old variable ATP thing going which has been the subject of much discussion, the special is bleh, but it does take down multiple enemies and is a pretty good rare.

Chain Sawd has the unique buzz-saw noise thing going and has a very good special and a predictable damage count, hits multiple enemies and would be my preference - plus you can get one with pretty high hit if you search diligently = http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

The Orotiagito is a Katana and as such can only hit one enemy at a time, special is okay and it is quite powerful, making it a nice single enemy weapon. It's particularly fun when taking on sinows and robotic enemies due to the metal slicing metal sound effects, imho.

So, I would opt for the Chain Sawd (personal preference) due to predictable damage, awesome unreduced gush special and multiple enemy attack and take the Orotiagito for single enemy situations.

Again, that's simply my opinion.

Mixfortune
Apr 28, 2005, 04:18 PM
Orotiagito is kind of bleh. If you hunt for it off a rare enemy and get lucky with it and get it quick, that's not so bad. There just tends to be a much better selection of single enemy weapons that hit more than three times, especially for HUs.

The special takes HP and is not very accurate. I don't recall it necessarily piercing, though it might, but I remember it at least has some sort of splash damage to it (hitting other enemies near the strike point, if not piercing).

Hrith
Apr 28, 2005, 04:21 PM
It pierces, like a bad slicer.

Arnot
Apr 28, 2005, 04:30 PM
I like teh Sword of Red

ice-slayer
Apr 28, 2005, 04:34 PM
I like red sword, becuase I'm tired of chain sawed and oritagito is to damn hard to find ( damn pal rappies). also you got to love the red glow in the darkness.

SpyroDi
Apr 28, 2005, 05:38 PM
The Red Sword. The ATP is the third highest of the Sword weapons,and the ATA is actually pretty nice. Also,unlike the Chain Sawd,the Red Sword doesn't decrease EVP. In my opinion the buzzsaw noise is annoying :|

Tycho
Apr 29, 2005, 05:25 AM
The swords, the katana sucks.

Jason
Apr 29, 2005, 08:15 AM
On 2005-04-29 03:25, Tycho wrote:
The swords, the katana sucks.

The katana does not suck, it can actually be pretty useful in some areas from my experience. You being a force without much katana-ing experience, you can't just say that. The swords being the better option does not mean katana sucks. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

For me I find it fun to wield it than a saber, I'll be hunting down for an Orotiagito some day. Sure, it targets only one enemy, but it is better to use that for one-on-one than a sword. I can kill a Barble or a Gulmer in front with a katana without getting hit, it forces the enemy back more unlike a saber. I would say a katana is nice and fun to use to take your time with if you're in a situation of where there aren't crowded but spawning enemies. I'm a HUmar so I don't know about other classes's katana animations. In crowded-enemies areas, swords is a better option.

TJ sword happens to be a katana but a big one, although it is classified as a sword because of the animations.

Edited: I did not vote for the katana in this one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2005-04-29 06:25 ]</font>

Crisis
Apr 29, 2005, 11:35 AM
I use my orita for the single enamies but when Im fighting a multi hit boss or a croud I use mmy red sword. I only use my chain sawd with my lower level hunter

damage
Apr 29, 2005, 11:41 AM
i'm having a hard time finding any of them http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

vulmers and govulmers hate me

Jason
Apr 29, 2005, 12:32 PM
On 2005-04-29 09:41, damage wrote:
i'm having a hard time finding any of them http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

vulmers and govulmers hate me

Keep doing an offline quest of Addicting Food. One will come by, you just have to keep going. While your at it in Cave 1, first enter the room left of the stomping pillar. That room is pretty nice to try to get a Chain Sawd with a Skyly ID, EXP is pretty nice along the way.

A-P
Apr 29, 2005, 12:35 PM
The katana ( which I can't spell right now ) is by far my strongest weapon in temrs of ATP, but is only good in one situation. One on One, which is rare in PSO. And while I love katana and is VERY strong, a good double saber class weapon would out damage it easily. Also, since one on one is rare, a sword would be the best way to go. I use Partisans/Scythes, so I do not know which sword is better.

Neith
Apr 29, 2005, 12:39 PM
Took a week of Addicting Food for me, with about 3-5 runs a day. Got lucky with the Chain Sawd, got it in my first Cave 2 room. Red Sword took around 6-7 days, 3 PD's before the drop.

As far as what I like, the Chain Sawd has a far better special, constant damage, a cool noise/look. The Red Sword has high max ATP, but a large variation in ATP, a crappy special, and its too damn big for most characters http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I prefer the 'sawd, but they're both great. Give it time, you'll get the drop.

Hrith
Apr 29, 2005, 12:49 PM
On 2005-04-28 15:38, SpyroDi wrote:
The ATP is the third highest of the Swords4th if you include Dark Flow, and Zanba and Flowen's 3084 have far better special, can make them more powerful.

Red Sword is just so ugly it hurts XL

Neith
Apr 29, 2005, 12:51 PM
On 2005-04-29 10:49, Kef wrote:

The ATP is the third highest of the Swords4th if you include Dark Flow, and Zanba and Flowen's 3084 have far better special, can make them more powerful.

Quoted for truth, Ive been convinced it's fugly... Nice stats, if you can get past the fugliness. Soul Banish for me instead XD

A-P
May 1, 2005, 12:39 AM
On 2005-04-29 10:51, UrikoBB3 wrote:

On 2005-04-29 10:49, Kef wrote:

Quoted for truth, Ive been convinced it's fugly... Nice stats, if you can get past the fugliness. Soul Banish for me instead XD

AMEN! I prefer my soul banish to any sword weapon. And yes, the RED series are kinda ugly. I mean, ST should have been a little less literal.

Blitzkommando
May 1, 2005, 03:24 AM
For me, I have found the Red Sword's special far from useless. The only time it would be useless would be against machines, basically mines. Which, why use a sword in mines anyway? All three can be great weapons, if used properly. It's all about personal preference.

Jive18
May 3, 2005, 06:55 PM
It's too bad the previously mentioned Zanba is not on your poll, because in my opinion its special and ATP really make it worthwhile. Only problem is it is ridiculously hard to find, if I remember correctly. In your case, definently Red Sword.

Also, Orotiagito is obviously completly different from the 2 swords, and I'm confused why it is there. As far as katanas go, it's up there (though I always loved Yamig), but in the end katanas are much less useful than swords.

damage
May 4, 2005, 11:21 AM
On 2005-05-03 16:55, Jive18 wrote:
It's too bad the previously mentioned Zanba is not on your poll, because in my opinion its special and ATP really make it worthwhile. Only problem is it is ridiculously hard to find, if I remember correctly. In your case, definently Red Sword.

Also, Orotiagito is obviously completly different from the 2 swords, and I'm confused why it is there. As far as katanas go, it's up there (though I always loved Yamig), but in the end katanas are much less useful than swords.

as you said the zanba is hard to find.
but I love the looks of it.
maybe i'm gonna hunt for it later in the game.
But I have terrible luck: I still havent found any of the 2 sword i wanted.

Jive18
May 5, 2005, 07:47 PM
Don't worry, if you keep looking hard enough, eventually the item you want will also be there in this game (unless you're looking for something completely absurd like Dark Flow). That's the one tip I've always tried to remember when looking for crap in PSO, even though it seems most items' droprates are just too high http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.

Sitka
May 6, 2005, 01:18 PM
[/quote]

AMEN! I prefer my soul banish to any sword weapon. And yes, the RED series are kinda ugly. I mean, ST should have been a little less literal.

[/quote]

I had a chance to play with the Soul Banish a bit this week and I agree that weapon is awesome. I also agree that I liked using it more than any of the swords.

I also found out that I could reach Barba Ray from the Raft and deal out significant damage even while he was swimming - beats the hell out of my handgun pops. And when Barba flopped onto the raft - pwnage!

The animation with my humar allowed me to consistently get in three hit combos without every getting hit in return. This was true for both Episode I and II and in VH and Ult.

DarthTyranus
May 6, 2005, 10:25 PM
To tell ya the truth, the only Red Sword I ever used was any type of Claymore. Ergh! Blast the Australian Gaming Industry, BLAST IT ALL!!!

But on the side, once I try out this PSOBB, things will go pretty good for me. As for Katana Sword's, I have an OrotiAgito too, it's not so bad. As far as comparrison goes, I cannot decide. Haven't trained my current character, Vegito, in yonks.