PDA

View Full Version : In blue burst is there a "single player" sort of mode where.

lateral-64
Apr 28, 2005, 04:00 PM
Mobs have less HP like in offline mode on the console versions? Or is the game mainly team only... Trying to decide ramar/ramarl vs racast... Or maybe a FO.

Nuclearranger
Apr 28, 2005, 04:15 PM
OK i know this one
ib blue burst when you go to creat a team you can choose from 4 things
1. normal mode
2. battal mode
3.chalenge mode
AND
4. 1 player mode

so now you can do the offline stuff online

DarkEliteRico
Apr 28, 2005, 06:03 PM
On 2005-04-28 14:15, NuclearRanger wrote:
OK i know this one
ib blue burst when you go to creat a team you can choose from 4 things
1. normal mode
2. battal mode
3.chalenge mode
AND
4. 1 player mode

so now you can do the offline stuff online

offline stuff online LOL

lateral-64
Apr 28, 2005, 08:40 PM
Ok do you have to do 1 player mode to unlock new areas or no?

RomanticDeath
Apr 29, 2005, 02:53 AM
No, you can have a team help you out with the quest and unlock everything faster, much better than alone, plus BB was made for online, only just boring

Guntz348
Apr 29, 2005, 02:58 AM
On 2005-04-28 18:40, lateral-64 wrote:

You have to do the gov. missions to unlock the areas. You can do this by yourself or with a team, though its much better with a team. Just go to the princapals office and talk to him and to the girl to get the missions.

Tycho
Apr 29, 2005, 05:22 AM
On 2005-04-29 00:58, Guntz348 wrote:

On 2005-04-28 18:40, lateral-64 wrote:

You have to do the gov. missions to unlock the areas. You can do this by yourself or with a team, though its much better with a team. Just go to the princapals office and talk to him and to the girl to get the missions.

To make it even cooler: You can just start a public game in the crowdiest block, load the quest, and people could still join you. :o

Rianna_Type1
Apr 29, 2005, 09:26 AM
On 2005-04-29 03:22, Tycho wrote:
To make it even cooler: You can just start a public game in the crowdiest block, load the quest, and people could still join you. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

This is one of the reasons I liked Blue Burst so much when playing the beta.. the fact people could join you during quests.

lateral-64
Apr 29, 2005, 02:34 PM
Alright RAcast it is. Thanks guys. Joining during quests sounds great.

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 29, 2005, 03:05 PM
Actually it takes forever to finish the new gov quests.

Rubesahl
May 3, 2005, 07:37 AM
How are the Gov quests like? I heard some offline mode quests were converted to online but I still don't know how some can be multiplayer >_> Like let's say Nol's quest or any other quest you have an NPC tagging along? I guess maybe they didn't use those.

Tancient
May 3, 2005, 09:45 AM
There is a solo mode, where only you go, and that has all the offline quests. NPC quests and such.

Some of the government missions are timed, and those, people can't join in the middle of.

And I don't see why you say the quests take forever, the only time they seem to drag on is in caves on ep1 (The VR missions in ep2 are a little dull, but not as bad) Then again,its probably because I abhor caves.

Rianna_Type1
May 3, 2005, 09:52 AM
When I tried the Beta we did all the quests up to Ruins and also up to Seabed. They didn't seem that long at all. *shrug*

Ryna
May 3, 2005, 09:56 AM
On 2005-05-03 05:37, Rubesahl wrote:
How are the Gov quests like?

When I tried out the JP Open Beta last year, I got a chance to do some of the government quests.

There are generally 4/5 government quests per stages and you have to clear all of them to be able to unlock the next area for regular gameplay. Each government quest seems to be dedicated to a particular area of a stage and it wasn't too uncommon for their to be a big "final fight" room at the end of each quest.

I generally found the government quests to be rather annoying since they took a long time and the rewards you got for completing wasn't really worth it...

Tancient
May 3, 2005, 10:39 AM
On 2005-05-03 07:56, Ryna wrote:

When I tried out the JP Open Beta last year, I got a chance to do some of the government quests.

There are generally 4/5 government quests per stages and you have to clear all of them to be able to unlock the next area for regular gameplay. Each government quest seems to be dedicated to a particular area of a stage and it wasn't too uncommon for their to be a big "final fight" room at the end of each quest.

I generally found the government quests to be rather annoying since they took a long time and the rewards you got for completing wasn't really worth it...

Really? You didn't like the semi-rare weapons with hit from ep2? lol

Ryna
May 3, 2005, 10:45 AM
On 2005-05-03 08:39, Tancient wrote:

On 2005-05-03 07:56, Ryna wrote:

Really? You didn't like the semi-rare weapons with hit from ep2? lol

I only got to the Spaceship government quests before they became too annoying for me.

I think it was the Cave missions that really turned me off to that whole system of unlocking levels. =/

Neith
May 3, 2005, 02:27 PM
Once you've completed these government quests on normal, are the areas unlocked only for normal, or for every difficulty?

Ryna
May 3, 2005, 02:28 PM
On 2005-05-03 12:27, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Once you've completed these government quests on normal, are the areas unlocked only for normal, or for every difficulty?

They are only unlocked for Normal. You have to go through them all again for the next difficulty. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Neith
May 3, 2005, 02:30 PM
Urgh, that sucks majorly. I was hoping you'd have to only do them once...

Tancient
May 3, 2005, 06:16 PM
Well, then they've changed it since you played. You beat them on normal, and you're done. From then on its just a level requirement. You CAN do the gov quests in the other difficulties, but the only time they're really worth doing is in ult. Want to hunt ruins 3 drops? Beat up to 4-3, and just start in ruins 3 instead of going through everything else.

And the weapons with hit are only in Ult ep2, earned after each boss fight.

lateral-64
May 4, 2005, 05:29 PM
Ok that doesn't sound THAT bad other than the caves... Do you need a team for any of them (switches?) or are they all soloable?

SpinCycle
May 4, 2005, 11:09 PM
On 2005-05-04 15:29, lateral-64 wrote:
Ok that doesn't sound THAT bad other than the caves... Do you need a team for any of them (switches?) or are they all soloable?

I believe at the PSOBB.com they said it is soloable, but much better to do with a party. I forgot which page I read that from, however.

DarthTyranus
May 8, 2005, 07:30 PM
Those are all very interesting theories, having the ability to joins your mates even though they're in a quest, and if a player unlocks something that would be offline online, all players who participated get the same benefits.

Hang on a tick, is there an Offline Mode for this game?

Ryna
May 8, 2005, 07:35 PM
On 2005-05-08 17:30, DarthTyranus wrote:
Hang on a tick, is there an Offline Mode for this game?

Nope, it all takes place online. However, you can play old offline quests online.

DarthTyranus
May 8, 2005, 07:43 PM
Sounds good Ryna, maybe there'll be more items and enemies. I can get a little bored sometimes.