PDA

View Full Version : DDR, Anyone else play it?

TrekkiesUnite
Apr 28, 2005, 05:45 PM
Hey I just want to know how many of you guys play DDR and whats your favorite song, mine are Candy and Sakura.

tai_EX
Apr 28, 2005, 10:05 PM
DDR?!!? DID YOU SAY DDR?!?! i love DDR!! but sadly i only have DDR MAX 2 for the PS2.. but as for my favorite songs? well i like breakdown, so deep, and kind lady remix oh and of course hysteria 2001

Sayara
Apr 28, 2005, 10:24 PM
I played it, that and the 5 button korean version. (Pump it Up)

its a good excersise at least.

astuarlen
Apr 28, 2005, 10:52 PM
Woo! DDR <3
Unfortunately, I only have DDRMax, so my song choices are somewhat limited. But some of my favorites are...
-Drop the Bomb
-Dynamite Rave
-Synchronized Love
-Rhythm and Police

Eeee! Now I want to play right now. :O

Evil_Althena8
Apr 29, 2005, 12:24 AM
I have DDR Max 2. My favourite songs are Conga Feelin, Dream a Dream, Kakumei, End of the Century, Heaven, Long train running, and some others I can't think of right now (haven't played since november)

Nicktendonick
Apr 29, 2005, 07:01 AM
I love that game! Too bad I suck at it. I've only played it in arcades and i can never win. If I had to choose, from the DDR songs i downloaded i say Invoke is my favorite (It's also a opening theme for Gundam Seed)

TheOneHero
Apr 29, 2005, 10:37 AM
When my older brother went to college he took his DDR games with him. So right now I only have Konamix; favorite songs there:

Drop the Bomb
B4u
Afronova Primevil
End of the Century
Paranoia

WrathofGOD
Apr 29, 2005, 01:21 PM
I used to play DDR. I started when the arcade 3rd Mix was released. Played a LOT (like every day) up until the arcade MAX 2 was released.

I like to play every now and then (and by that i mean like one or two games a year), but I'm just not as interested anymore.

But man did I used to love it. I was the head of a Music Game Club (mostly DDR oriented) over at AnimeNation, and I won a couple tourneys in my hometown.

My favorite song to play was Dead End because back then no one within hundreds of miles could do that song but me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WrathofGOD on 2005-04-29 11:22 ]</font>

Sayara
Apr 29, 2005, 03:07 PM
Favorite song wise eh?

Eh, i enjoyed songs that came from Beatmania (ie era, holic, Colors...etc) however Twinbee will always have a place in my heart http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Hrigg
Apr 29, 2005, 03:36 PM
hehe, I've got extreme and Max 1, but I've also played max 2 and konamix.

I like:
Rhythm and Police
Sandstorm
Legend of Max

TrekkiesUnite
Apr 29, 2005, 05:10 PM
I like Sandstorm but its too easy, same with Heaven. right now I'm working on getting Magic sway and a slide card so I can play the Japanese version of DDR Extreme, it's soo much better 110 songs as opposed to the 65 in the US version.

RoninJoku
Apr 30, 2005, 12:43 AM
WOO DDR!!! I play like every other day until my feet bleed... Then I rest for a while... Then repeat...

Favortie songs in no particular order: Cartoon Heroes (Speedy Mix), Miracle Moon, Heaven is a 57' Metallic Gray, Sakura, AM-3P, So Deep, Holic, Colors, Burning Heat, Frozen Ray, Kakumei, .59, A, V, Xenon, Vanity Angel, Sana Morette Ne Ente, Twin Bee, Tears, Burning Heat (Blue Fire Mix), My Fire, Have You Never Been Mellow, Orion .78, Drop the Bomb, and and and... omg... I can go on all day...

My favorite artist is probably dj Taka or Naoki(usually as his aliases)... I also really like TaQ and L.E.D.... But they are all good... http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

~Goes and dances~

Dgo
Apr 30, 2005, 03:20 AM
I love that game i play it as often as i can. My favorite songs are, your not here,love at first sight(yes i said it and yes i'm a Guy)end of the century,stupid barber,jet world....can't think of any others at the moment.

GreenArcher
Apr 30, 2005, 07:15 PM
man do i love DDR!!!
my favorite songs would have to be twilight zone on MAx2 =) and MAXX UNLIMITEDDD

TrekkiesUnite
Apr 30, 2005, 07:27 PM
Have any of you guys done the song called Bag? its techno bagpipes and its really slow with 400+ arrows so it really messes with your mind.

Hrigg
Apr 30, 2005, 09:30 PM
I've played it before it on a cpu DDR. I forgot what it was like though. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

agenevil
Apr 30, 2005, 09:56 PM
Heh, I lost 6 pounds by combining DDR and a 1800 calorie diet in just the past week.

Every night I play PIU at the arcade, as well. I can about everything but the 10 footers on DDR, and up to level 13 on PIU.

Favorites are:
DDR:
Burning Heat
So Deep
Drop Out
Orion.78 (both mixes)
PIU:
Winter
Turkey March
Pump me Amadeus
Born to be Alive

And I have preordered in the groove, which is RedOctane (pad maker) attempt to make DDR better.

http://www.inthegroove.com

Mixfortune
Apr 30, 2005, 11:10 PM
On 2005-04-30 19:56, agenevil wrote:

And I have preordered in the groove, which is RedOctane (pad maker) attempt to make DDR better.

http://www.inthegroove.com

Right, I forgot they were making a console version.
Not to turn this into an ITG thread, but it's not too bad compared to DDR... if it's anything like the arcade version of ITG, it'll have a TON of modifiers... and hard songs to boot http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I don't really have favorites, but here's what I tend to like and play more in DDR (editting a list I posted previously), no particular order:

Rhythm and Police
Tsugaru (not apple mix)
Cartoon Heroes
Can't Stop Falling In Love, Speed Mix
Sakura
DIVE (not the remixes)
Xenon
Paranoia Survivor Max (Heavy and Oni)
V (Oni)
Eversnow
So Deep Perfect Sphere Mix
Twinbee
Vanity Angel
The Shining Polaris
True... (Trance Sunrise Mix)
Sync

Songs in ITG I tend to like and play:

Charlene (doubles, red)
Hand of Time (doubles, yellow)
Oasis
Da Roots
July (fun to try this one on the hardest difficulty XD... actually... make all the Smiley songs on the hardest difficulty fun to try)

Rianna_Type1
Apr 30, 2005, 11:28 PM
I play DDR with sexy metal pads.

http://www.vengefulsoda.com/metalpad.jpg

(Ignore the mess which is one of the closests. I took that picture a year or more ago and haven't bothered to take another one with a cleaner closet.

Hmm, well, in actuality... the closet isn't even that much cleaner.. just stuff rearranged to a more tidy mess.)

GreenArcher
Apr 30, 2005, 11:36 PM
Rianna ive got the same pads

Mixfortune
Apr 30, 2005, 11:39 PM
Might want to be careful about storing pads upright, Rianna... although it's probably less of a concern with the metal pads, since they don't bend as much and such.

We have a Cobalt Flux over here, but the box that goes from the pad to the console (the box that has the start and select button on it) got busted somehow, so we're looking into getting that part replaced.

Rianna_Type1
Apr 30, 2005, 11:45 PM
What's wrong with storing them upright?

Yeah, these don't bend. Is there something I should be aware of tho'?

Mixfortune
May 1, 2005, 12:06 AM
On 2005-04-30 21:45, Rianna_Type1 wrote:
What's wrong with storing them upright?

Yeah, these don't bend. Is there something I should be aware of tho'?

As far as I know, it's only really an issue with the non-metals... since the censors tend to get wrinkled and such... not sure if it does it on the metals, so you should be fine.

I'll look into it a bit and see what I can find.
Just seeing the picture reminded me of a few foams we lost due to that XD

edit: do/due

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2005-04-30 22:06 ]</font>

Dgo
May 1, 2005, 05:34 AM
Bah i want the metal pads but they cost alot. Anyone know where i could find them for cheap. Also everytime i look on ebay the prices are high aswell.

TrekkiesUnite
May 1, 2005, 09:26 AM
this is the pad I'm thinking of getting
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=237&products_id=3681&

agenevil
May 1, 2005, 02:23 PM
Think no more

TrekkiesUnite
May 1, 2005, 05:07 PM
why?

CloudRunner
May 1, 2005, 06:45 PM
I have DDR Extreme!
My favorite song iz Cant stop falling in love and Drop the bomb.

Evil_Althena8
May 2, 2005, 01:59 AM
oh and So Deep is sooooo friggin impossible on Heavy Mode in DDR Max 2...it's like seizure-death on steroids with a helping of 10 Aderols snorted through a straw...

Mixfortune
May 2, 2005, 05:25 AM
On 2005-05-01 23:59, Evil_Althena8 wrote:
oh and So Deep is sooooo friggin impossible on Heavy Mode in DDR Max 2...it's like seizure-death on steroids with a helping of 10 Aderols snorted through a straw...

The steps actually match quite well to the beats of the song, but yeah, it's an endurance song, definitely.

Might want to try 1.5x or 2x... gives you a bigger gap between the arrows, which most find easier to read. You might have already known about it, or stick with 1x, but eh... So Deep, having a bit slower BPM, you might notice more of a difference.

astuarlen
May 2, 2005, 03:33 PM
On 2005-05-02 03:25, Mixfortune wrote:

On 2005-05-01 23:59, Evil_Althena8 wrote:

The steps actually match quite well to the beats of the song, but yeah, it's an endurance song, definitely.

Might want to try 1.5x or 2x... gives you a bigger gap between the arrows, which most find easier to read. You might have already known about it, or stick with 1x, but eh... So Deep, having a bit slower BPM, you might notice more of a difference.

Hmm, can you adjust the speed in DDRMax 1, too? I mean, aside from lesson/training (whatever it's called) mode.

Mixfortune
May 2, 2005, 03:57 PM
On 2005-05-02 13:33, astuarlen wrote:

Hmm, can you adjust the speed in DDRMax 1, too? I mean, aside from lesson/training (whatever it's called) mode.

Yeah, Max and above lets you change the arrow speed, as well as have other modifiers.
To access the song modifiers screen, hold down the button when you select the song, instead of just pressing it. Should work.

agenevil
May 2, 2005, 04:00 PM
Lemme see if I can grow some balls, then lemme see if my webcam works worth a crap. Then I can post a video of me owning a few songsorzed'd.

TrekkiesUnite
May 2, 2005, 07:31 PM
I just ordered Japanese DDR Extreme and a mod chip for my PS2, I can't wait till it arrives.

astuarlen
May 2, 2005, 08:36 PM
On 2005-05-02 13:57, Mixfortune wrote:

On 2005-05-02 13:33, astuarlen wrote:

Yeah, Max and above lets you change the arrow speed, as well as have other modifiers.
To access the song modifiers screen, hold down the button when you select the song, instead of just pressing it. Should work.

Awesome! Thanks, Mix. I'll be sure to try that out as soon as I'm through with all this damn work. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Iron
May 3, 2005, 08:34 PM
DDR Forever!!!!!

I started with DDR like 2 months ago. First I played it at the arcades then i bought DRR Extreme. Now I go to the arcades with my friends every friday. My favorite songs:
A,B4U (both of em), Tsugaru, The legend of max, JaneJana, healing vision (angelic mix), Holic, So deep, Last message, Love shine, exotic ethnic, Burnin Heat, Scorching Moon, Drop the bomb, ectasy, Maximizer, Abyss, Sandstorm, Rythm and police, Dive(more deep and deeper style),Cant stop fallin in love (speed mix),Xenon and V . Thats all of em I think... <_< >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Iron on 2005-05-09 17:49 ]</font>

burnningthings3
May 3, 2005, 09:41 PM
The only song I realy like still on DDR is Cowgirl. god that song is catchy.

TrekkiesUnite
May 5, 2005, 07:20 PM
I've been practicing Tsugaru on heavy and I forgot how fun it is, and actually when you slow it down and figure it out the galloping isnt really that hard after all.

TrekkiesUnite
May 6, 2005, 05:54 PM
Ok I've been looking into buying a metal pad and right now I'm pretty sure I want a Metal Dance Pad TX2000+. But my freind said Cobalt Fluxes rock and i should get one of them, so I go to there site and start reading the reviews and most are like "great pad" or "best pad ever" then I come to a few that say "pad has a tendency to break in half". So what would you say is better, arrows that have sensors in the center and eventually wear out but can be replaced(TX2000+) or Pad having a tendency to break in half(CF)?

Mixfortune
May 6, 2005, 06:05 PM
On 2005-05-06 15:54, TrekkiesUnite wrote:
Ok I've been looking into buying a metal pad and right now I'm pretty sure I want a Metal Dance Pad TX2000+. But my freind said Cobalt Fluxes rock and i should get one of them, so I go to there site and start reading the reviews and most are like "great pad" or "best pad ever" then I come to a few that say "pad has a tendency to break in half". So what would you say is better, arrows that have sensors in the center and eventually wear out but can be replaced(TX2000+) or Pad having a tendency to break in half(CF)?

Errr... not sure how you get a metal pad to break in half... maybe if it was a thinner metal pad, but the Cobalt Flux I have is fairly thick compared to most of the other metal pads you could purchase.

The one we have here works perfectly fine, except for the start/select button box somehow breaking, but that can happen with almost all of the pads. Other than that, we've had no problems with it.

TrekkiesUnite
May 6, 2005, 09:16 PM
I know thats what I've heard from most people but on their site and other sites people review it and post things in the forums of how they split in half if used on older or shag carpet and they actually have pictures of it. I mean could you imagine doing a song like MaxX Unlimited and Halfway through the pad just goes SNAP!

burnningthings3
May 11, 2005, 05:23 PM
I would buy an Afterburner that Redoctane is making. I'm not sure if it's out but if not it will be soon and I've heard some preaty good stuff about it. I think it's also a little less that the Flux ones.

Larian
May 11, 2005, 06:12 PM
If you were here from 4th mix...The faster version...Its fun!

agenevil
May 13, 2005, 07:03 PM
On 2005-05-06 15:54, TrekkiesUnite wrote:

Someone once said that the reason you see more broken CFs is only because they are rarer, therefore a bigger deal when it happens. Redoctane, etc. are all less durable.

RoninJoku
May 18, 2005, 01:21 PM
My metal pads are breaking like crazy all the sudden... And by breaking... I mean the arrow panels are cracking in every possible direction... I guess I got a good year or so out of them... I really gave those guys a beating! However, they still work fine except for when the wiring gets twisted arrows won't register at all (easily fixable)

I'm looking into getting Cobalt Flux pads myself... I feel they are the only pads that can take the abuse I dish out now...

Also thinking about importing Extreme JP... First however, I need to wait to see what songs are going to be on DDR Extreme2 US!!! WOO So far the very small songlist looks very promising! And we will see the return of the good old songwheel and groove radar! Yay!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RurouniJoku on 2005-05-18 11:22 ]</font>