PDA

View Full Version : Time for a Blue Burst Area?

Sitka
Apr 29, 2005, 02:33 PM
Now that the release of Blue Burst in English is merely days away, might it not be time to have a separate Blue Burst area?

I.E.:

Episode I & II - Xbox, Gamecube and Dreamcast

Episode III - Cards

Blue Burst

The reason is that many of us will be trying the Blue Burst beta, there are weapons, enemies, areas and all kinds of questions that will be specific to Blue Burst.

Just a thought http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

sSeldomToasTt
Apr 29, 2005, 03:25 PM
The release is only Open Beta, but I have to agree with you somewhat. That old Blue Burst link on the side of the site features news and ideas from a year or so ago.

Corey
Apr 29, 2005, 03:28 PM
Actually, there should be a section there since it's been out in Japan already, but that's just in my opinion

Nai_Calus
Apr 29, 2005, 03:56 PM
Eh. BB isn't that different. It would be nice if it did have it's own full set of topic tags, but a forum? Why? Do we have a seperate forum for Ep1&2 because DC PSO didn't have Ep2? No, we have a combined GC/Xbox/DC/PC/BB forum. Ep3 deserves it's own forum because the style of gameplay is completely different. But BB is just yet another incarnation of the same old PSO.

Mixfortune
Apr 29, 2005, 04:03 PM
Ian is correct, you didn't see a new board when GC/Xbox PSO came along. Over time the various changes to the communities will work itself out. Besides, there's still a decent number of people still even talking about the DC versions, GC/Xbox players will end up similar. It doesn't really make much difference... over time, that particular board will just become primarily Blue Burst.

And as was said, the only real reason EP3 is a different board is because of the entirely different gameplay. It's a different kind of game.

Besides, there's already a BB section... it's called "Version 1, 2 and Episode 1-2&4"

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 3, 2005, 12:11 AM
What's with the drop down menu on the "Jump to:" section on the bottom of the pages which says:

Blue Burst
-------------
No More Forums

?
Is someone planning on creating one, and scrapped the idea? I just noticed it today.

Rianna_Type1
May 3, 2005, 12:23 AM
Pretty sure the message means there won't be another forum created for Blue Burst since the area right above General already says "Version 1, 2 and Episode 1-2&4"..

PrinceBrightstar
May 3, 2005, 09:53 AM
A blue burst forum might make sense tho for technical support stuff given that this is a PC game rather than a console where the only hardware is in the consoles and there are no upgrades.

Rianna_Type1
May 3, 2005, 09:57 AM
On 2005-05-03 07:53, Jonathan_F wrote:
A blue burst forum might make sense tho for technical support stuff

Not really, the "Technical Support" section is under "Phantasy Star Online", which means it covers all PSO games.

If anyone has a particular problem with Blue Burst and needs technical support, they can just put one of those "BB: " thingies in front of the subject of their post. It's really not that complicated.

Plus, Technical Support has always covered all types of problems in the past, even non-PSO related ones.

Tancient
May 6, 2005, 03:09 AM
Considering that Blue Burst has already been posted in proper areas, I think making a seperate area would only serve to boost egos. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif