PDA

View Full Version : Error #101

Magician4
Apr 30, 2005, 02:10 PM
I just renewed my HL today and logged in only to see error message 101. I have seen this message come up in the past so I thought it would got away after a while. About 4 hours later it was still there. This has never happened to me this long so I was wondering if if their is a problem with my connection.

Isp- People PC
Platform- GC
Dail-up

Ryna
Apr 30, 2005, 04:56 PM
Is there any other text that accompanies the Error 101 message? I can't remember what that particular error message stands for at the moment.

Also, are you able to view the PSO webpage using the game's browser?

Magician4
May 1, 2005, 06:08 AM
Error #101 is the following
You have failed to connect to the DNS server. The server may be undergoing maintenance.
I can't connect to the website from my GC. I am really puzzled.

Ryna
May 1, 2005, 08:31 AM
It looks like you were able to login to your ISP, but your console was not able to retrieve DNS information.

Do you use any special software on your computer to connect to PeoplePC? If so, it maybe difficult to connect with your Gamecube.

One thing you could try is manually setting the IP address of the DNS server in your Gamecube network settings. To find out your DNS IP number, try the following:

If you have Windows 98/ME, go to Start->Run. Type in "winipcfg". That will bring up the IP Configuration dialog box. Click on "More Info". Your DNS server should be listed at the top.

If you have Windows XP/2000, go to Start->Run. Type in "cmd". That will bring up a DOS box. Now type "ipconfig /all" (without the quotes). That will list all of your connection information. Look for a field that has your DNS information and copy down your DNS IP number.

Magician4
May 1, 2005, 09:01 AM
Thx for the helpful info Ryna, hope this works.

Ryna
May 1, 2005, 09:24 AM
On 2005-05-01 07:01, Magician4 wrote:
Thx for the helpful info Ryna, hope this works.

Good luck. Let us know how things work out.

Magician4
May 2, 2005, 10:23 AM
I have a new question, do you have to have a internet service installed/downloaded to use it to get online on PSO? I only activated my account on people pc I never installed it so that may be a problem.

Ryna
May 2, 2005, 11:03 AM
On 2005-05-02 08:23, Magician4 wrote:
I have a new question, do you have to have a internet service installed/downloaded to use it to get online on PSO? I only activated my account on people pc I never installed it so that may be a problem.

I'm not exactly sure I understand what you are asking.

If you are asking if you need to download certain software in order to be able to connect to your ISP, the answer is "sometimes you need it." For ISPs like AOL, you have to have their client software in order to be able to connect.

For most ISPs though, you just need to setup an account, get your username/password and any other pertinent information in order to be able connect your console/PC to the Internet.

Magician4
May 3, 2005, 10:34 AM
I've given up on trying to use peoplepc, i'm just going to use a different isp probably earthlink. I should be back online tonight. Hope to see some of you from psow online.

Ryna
May 3, 2005, 10:42 AM
On 2005-05-03 08:34, Magician4 wrote:
I've given up on trying to use peoplepc, i'm just going to use a different isp probably earthlink. I should be back online tonight. Hope to see some of you from psow online.

Are you still encountering the same error with PeoplePC?

Anyways, you should have much better luck with Earthlink.

SteadyShark
May 11, 2005, 12:30 PM
Hey, i got the same problem on the XBOX version. there dont seem to be any support for this version AT ALL.

plz help me. i can connect to internet, xbox live and the hunters licence thingy.

nvr had this problem before.

thanks in advance.

SteadyShark
May 11, 2005, 12:35 PM
oh yeh, one more thing. before it happens, it looks perfect (going throught the worm-hole style connection) then just be it usually connects, screen freezes, noise still plays fluently (not glitched) and then it comes up with the lobby information screen with the error about maintenance about watever.

Oranjuice_2
Feb 1, 2007, 03:05 PM
Did these problems resolve themselves? I'm having this trouble too now.