PDA

View Full Version : Back from an extended absence, and noticed a few things...

Hikara
Apr 30, 2005, 03:01 PM
Okay, while I've been away for almost a year now (due to PSOW Being blocked by my school server... >_<), I finally decided to poke my nose back into PSOW. And I noticed something:

Neither the FanArt Gallery, nor the FanFiction section has actually been updated or added to for a VERY long time.

Is this a modding problem, or are the people posting in Fanworks really that bad?

KodiaX987
Apr 30, 2005, 05:12 PM
A little from column A, a little from column B. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ryna
Apr 30, 2005, 05:55 PM
On 2005-04-30 13:01, Hikara wrote:
Is this a modding problem, or are the people posting in Fanworks really that bad?

Most of the subsections of PSOW have not been updated in a while.

One of the primary problems is that the site was down for several weeks due to server problems. Only recently have most of the problems been fixed.

PrinceBrightstar
May 1, 2005, 10:19 PM
*taps foot still waiting for someone to give further admin power.*

Mixfortune
May 1, 2005, 11:37 PM
On 2005-05-01 20:19, Jonathan_F wrote:

You'll most likely be waiting for a while.
Might want to grab a snack or two. Or a book.

Ryna
May 2, 2005, 01:31 PM
On 2005-05-01 20:19, Jonathan_F wrote:

None of the major guide sections have been updated in a long time. If the site continues at this rate, it will become irrelevant. =/

Hikara
May 3, 2005, 02:13 PM
Well.... is there anything we can do? I mean, if the Admins/Mods aren't seeing much anymore....

That was my favorite part, just coming by and glancing at the new Fanfictions worthy of the Archives.

Ryna
May 3, 2005, 02:15 PM
On 2005-05-03 12:13, Hikara wrote:
Well.... is there anything we can do?

1. Be patient, participate in the forums, and hope things turn around.

2. Go make your own site.

PrinceBrightstar
May 3, 2005, 07:48 PM
I was considering starting up a sister wiki for the site, but that failed when I couldn't figure out how to make it work.

Getintothegame
May 5, 2005, 08:38 PM
I was talking to Tomeeboy the other day and he reassured us that the site will soon be under order again.

Apparently, lollipop has just finished moving to a new house, and Tomeeboy has been really busy with work.

He also said to just have a little more patience. He's planning to make a comeback with PSOBB and PSU, also.

So everyone think positive!

PrinceBrightstar
May 6, 2005, 02:25 AM
What happened to Saladwood?

Also, if we're going with PSU, that means that the original series will soon be open as well, because you know... either you're going to have more than your name says, or you'll have only what your name says. I'll head up the classics seection when the time comes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2005-05-06 00:26 ]</font>

Dhylec
May 6, 2005, 12:23 PM
i heard that salad won't be back, due to life & work :|

Hikara
May 6, 2005, 04:28 PM
Life!? What is this thing you call "Life?" XD

Hm. Interesting how all the "important" people of the sight start vanishing after a while...

Mixfortune
May 6, 2005, 04:55 PM
On 2005-05-06 00:25, Jonathan_F wrote:
What happened to Saladwood?

Also, if we're going with PSU, that means that the original series will soon be open as well, because you know... either you're going to have more than your name says, or you'll have only what your name says. I'll head up the classics seection when the time comes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2005-05-06 00:26 ]</font>

Or.... PSU is considered an online Phantasy Star game, thus still works.
The name still fits, even with PSU.

RicoRoyal
May 6, 2005, 06:13 PM
If Saladwood will no longer be with us, then shouldn't there be a replacement of sorts? Honestly, at this point I don't give a hoot who it really is, just so long as someone with actual power comes back, or someone who knows what they're doing gets said power. No offense to mods, you do what you can, but that doesn't really do much for site content - we need admins!

Really, what more does Jonathan_F need to do around here before someone actually listens to the fellow? He obviously wants to help, and obviously CAN help, so please, LET HIM HELP! Same goes for Getintothegame, assuming he wishes to contribute to the site as an admin.

geewj
May 6, 2005, 06:18 PM
On 2005-05-06 16:13, RicoRoyal wrote:
If Saladwood will no longer be with us, then shouldn't there be a replacement of sorts? Honestly, at this point I don't give a hoot who it really is, just so long as someone with actual power comes back, or someone who knows what they're doing gets said power. No offense to mods, you do what you can, but that doesn't really do much for site content - we need admins!

Really, what more does Jonathan_F need to do around here before someone actually listens to the fellow? He obviously wants to help, and obviously CAN help, so please, LET HIM HELP! Same goes for Getintothegame, assuming he wishes to contribute to the site as an admin.

The desire to help isn't really the issue or the criterion, really.

Let's not turn this topic into another vote for admins topic.