PDA

View Full Version : HUnewm?

Cabel
Jul 29, 2002, 08:34 AM
On mamak-international theres a picture of a HUnewman with other Sonic Team artwork:
http://www.mamak-int.com/pso/images/HUnewmntn.gif

Is this character likely to make an appearance in episode 2, or is it just a preliminary drawing for deciding which new characters to make? Have sonic team finally decided to make all character classes, including Ranewm, Ranewearl and Humarl?

Mag_Launcher
Jul 29, 2002, 08:39 AM
Yeah, it is a preliminary drawing of a character to make... back in the v1 days. No, you're not gonna see any HUnewms in episode 2. (No matter how cool they would have been)

NiGHTS
Jul 29, 2002, 08:49 AM
Ah well, there's always Episode III (hopefully)

Shadow_Blade
Jul 29, 2002, 09:29 AM
Oh god, i hope pso 2 comes out before episode 3...>_<

SS_Death
Jul 29, 2002, 09:57 AM
What really puzzled me is why the HUnewm is so bulky...all the other new's are much more graceful and then you suddenly get that hulking great thing...just doesn't make sense to me.

Overall in PSO 2 I would like to see male and female versions of every type. So that would be:

HUmar/HUmarl
HUnewm/HUnewearl
HUcast/HUceasal
RAmar/RAmarl
RAcast/RAceasal
FOmar/FOmarl
FOnewm/FOnewearl

14 character types...

Note: thats on 2 more than ep2 tho...

So Newmans can't be rangers (Don't know why though) and androids can't be forces (no techniques as ever)

Darrin
Jul 29, 2002, 10:43 AM
You might see that class in the final XBox version. Along with the HUmarl

Malkavian
Jul 29, 2002, 01:31 PM
lol http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

ERaZer
Jul 29, 2002, 02:10 PM
On 2002-07-29 07:29, Shadow_Blade wrote:

I believe E1&2 is PSO 2 so episode 3 would be pso 3.

VariantXL
Jul 29, 2002, 03:09 PM
wouldnt that kind of make hunters more common? 6 hunters but 4 rangers and forces??

Mag_Launcher
Jul 29, 2002, 03:48 PM
Darrin, I wouldn't push it THAT far now, that's just absurd. The Xbox version will have the new Episode 2 classes... IF they even get that far. If the Xbox version isn't a v2 port, then it's gonna be an episode 1&2 port (With the voice chat and that crap...), nothing more. No exclusive Xbox classes/weapons, nothing, get those silly delusions out of your head.

In fact, I request this topic to be closed immediately, we (and I) don't need any more rumors flying around here. (I've been to gamefaqs, the rumor capitol of the net, so I know what I'm talking about here.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mag_Launcher on 2002-07-29 13:52 ]</font>

Kent
Jul 30, 2002, 04:11 AM
On 2002-07-29 07:57, SS_Death wrote:
So Newmans can't be rangers (Don't know why though) and androids can't be forces (no techniques as ever)

I can understand not having android forces, but what's wrong with a Newman ranger? I don't see what the problem would be ... unless it's the fact that they'd have even less ATP than a RAmar (which is pretty bad).

Malkavian
Jul 30, 2002, 08:59 AM
Is told in the manual of the game I think
Newmans are technique-based, not gunners.
See that rangers are the worst class about techniques.
Is the way the game is thought, make newman rangers will break what PSO is

Kalbelgarion
Jul 30, 2002, 10:26 AM
On 2002-07-29 12:10, ERaZer wrote:

Nah. PSO2's being made after XBOX Live launches, according to Mamak.

I'd like to see the HUnewm and the HUmarl...in fact, it's a safe bet that they'll make it into some version of PSO...eventually...

Kenks23
Jul 30, 2002, 10:40 AM
HUnewm would be cool. I remember reading the implication of hidden characters way back in February or March. That would be really interesting if they added these classes as hidden characters.

Agent_Reav
Jul 30, 2002, 10:51 AM
My impression is that PSO (It's is known simply as PSO, not ep1&2) Xbox will be a GC (Ep1&2) port with some extras. After that SEGA is working on a PSO title exclusively for the Xbox tentatively titled PSO2. It will take advantage of Xbox graphic capabilities and be completely different than any PSO we've seen b4. SEGA is supposedly scrapping everything and starting over from scratch.

Malkavian
Jul 30, 2002, 12:04 PM
But I think Sonic team is who should make the game. And sonic team isn't thinking in doing pso2 anytime soon

Kalbelgarion
Jul 30, 2002, 12:17 PM
From Mamak...

Xbox to get PSO sequel

Announced at E3, Yuji Naka will begin work on PSO2 [a full blown sequel] at the same time when the Xbox Live! network finally goes online.

Agent_Reav
Jul 30, 2002, 12:27 PM
But I think Sonic team is who should make the game. And sonic team isn't thinking in doing pso2 anytime soon

Sorry about the confusion... when I say SEGA I am referring to Sonic Team. I know they are not the same but gimme a break it's a bad habit ^_^; And yes a true sequel to PSO will be released (exclusively i've heard) on the Xbox. Get ready for bump-mapped goodness! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Agent_Reav on 2002-07-30 10:28 ]</font>

Mag_Launcher
Jul 30, 2002, 01:33 PM
Ok, Kalbelgarion, you're officially getting on my nerves. You haven't shut up about PSO2 since you talked to that damned M$ rep.

Kalbelgarion
Jul 30, 2002, 01:43 PM
On 2002-07-30 11:33, Mag_Launcher wrote:
Ok, Kalbelgarion, you're officially getting on my nerves. You haven't shut up about PSO2 since you talked to that damned M$ rep.

Erm...no. I was talking about "PSO:Episode II" and the possibility that it may come to the XBOX. This is about the full blown sequel to PSO, PSO2, and the news Mamak reported.

If me posting news bugs you, then you may ignore my posts in which I report it. I still don't understand why you get upset when I talk about XBOX PSO, when you've said that you do not care about it...

Mag_Launcher
Jul 30, 2002, 01:48 PM
It gets me upset because you keep thinking it's gonna be far superior than the GC version. I DON'T CARE if it's episode 2 on Xbox or not, just quit with the "My version is gonna be better than yours" crap.

Kalbelgarion
Jul 30, 2002, 01:59 PM
On 2002-07-30 11:48, Mag_Launcher wrote:
It gets me upset because you keep thinking it's gonna be far superior than the GC version. I DON'T CARE if it's episode 2 on Xbox or not, just quit with the "My version is gonna be better than yours" crap.

hmmm...you must be confusing me with someone else. Although it would be nice for the XBOX version to contain more than what is going to be in the GCN version, I'm not betting on it...nor have I ever speculated that it will be superior.

Malkavian
Jul 31, 2002, 08:58 AM
Sonic team talked about their projects in the world hobby fair this july.
They said after finish the versions for gc and xbox they won't start a next PSO.

Kalbelgarion
Jul 31, 2002, 09:53 AM
On 2002-07-31 06:58, Malkavian wrote:
Sonic team talked about their projects in the world hobby fair this july.
They said after finish the versions for gc and xbox they won't start a next PSO.

Link to the story from a reputible source, please?

I'll stick with what Mamak reported until you give a link. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mag_Launcher
Jul 31, 2002, 10:57 AM
... Another reason why I don't like you. You're so damn arrogant.

Kalbelgarion
Jul 31, 2002, 11:31 AM
On 2002-07-31 08:57, Mag_Launcher wrote:
... Another reason why I don't like you. You're so damn arrogant.

No, I just choose not to believe every wild rumor that I hear. Until a reputible source reports it or speaks about it (Sonic Team, Sega, PSO-World, Mamak, and sometimes Nintendo and Microsoft et al), I don't believe it.

Malkavian
Jul 31, 2002, 01:20 PM
Search the world hobby fair news for yourself
is you who wanna see it, I already did

Kalbelgarion
Jul 31, 2002, 01:37 PM
The only links I found at Yahoo.com to this "world hobby fair" were broken ones. If you want me to believe you, please provide a link to a story from a reputible source. If you can't, I'll take Mamak-int's word that Sonic Team will begin PSO2 for the XBOX this fall.

Bortak
Aug 1, 2002, 12:17 PM
Kalbelgarion,
Face it, the xbox PSO wont have more features than the gamecube, It will most likely be a port of PSOv2.

Why would sega go through all the trouble of putting in extras if japanese people are getting it for free with xbox live, it would be a little to retarded.

Oh, and PSO 2(PSO 3 bcause I consider ep 1 and 2 PSO 2) will most likely be on gamecube. A guy from sega stated in a interview that if you like sonic team games you should go with gamecube(Sonic Team made PSO).
IF YOU WANT THE REAL PSO GET YOU A GAMECUBE!

(the xbox PSO probably wont have anyone playing it anyways since they would have to pay for Live and PSO)
*had to get it all out*

Kalbelgarion
Aug 1, 2002, 04:49 PM
Bortak, you are wrong on a few things...

It's plainly obvious that a port of PSO Episode I is coming to the XBOX this fall. Heck, there are even screenshots of it availible! The Japanese will get a port of PSO Episode I free with XBOX live, and for that one game, they will have to pay a small tri-monthly fee.

And Mamak has *reported* that PSO2 is coming to the XBOX, and only the XBOX. Mamak is the most reliable news site on the web, and you choose to ignore anything they report because it may not directly benifit you. That sounds childish.

And for the first 19 months, paying for XBOX live is cheaper than a $3/month HL fee that GCN users are stuck with.

Microsoft has said that PSO Episode II is coming to the XBOX this fall, too. I'll stay with Microsoft's word until Sonic Team says otherwise, thankyouverymuch.

Bortak
Aug 1, 2002, 05:10 PM
On 2002-08-01 14:49, Kalbelgarion wrote:

It's plainly obvious that a port of PSO Episode I is coming to the XBOX this fall. Heck, there are even screenshots of it availible! The Japanese will get a port of PSO Episode I free with XBOX live, and for that one game, they will have to pay a small tri-monthly fee.

And Mamak has *reported* that PSO2 is coming to the XBOX, and only the XBOX. Mamak is the most reliable news site on the web, and you choose to ignore anything they report because it may not directly benifit you. That sounds childish.

And for the first 19 months, paying for XBOX live is cheaper than a $3/month HL fee that GCN users are stuck with.

Microsoft has said that PSO Episode II is coming to the XBOX this fall, too. I'll stay with Microsoft's word until Sonic Team says otherwise, thankyouverymuch.

Funny, Microsoft all the sudden is telling the truth.

Also, what is mamack, can't be too reliable if i haven't heard of it, and where did this so called website get this info from? They prob meant v2 or something retarded. The only way I would belive it is if sega said it themselves, and it came from a website that I have heard of.

Is mamak a microsaoft website? If it is, I'll never belive it.

Kalbelgarion
Aug 1, 2002, 05:14 PM
Erm...much of PSO-World's news is taken with credit to Mamak...You're a PSO fan and you've never heard of Mamak?!

You better check it out! (http://www.mamak-int.com/index_pso.php)

And, yes, Microsoft is an intirely truthful company when it comes to their products. Their word on XBOX PSO, which will be run on their servers, is as good as Sega's or Sonicteam's, unless they contradict eachother.

Also, no, the game the Japanese will get for free is a port from the GCN of Episode I, not a port from the DC of PSOv2.

Bortak
Aug 1, 2002, 05:22 PM
On 2002-08-01 15:14, Kalbelgarion wrote:
Erm...much of PSO-World's news is taken with credit to Mamak...You're a PSO fan and you've never heard of Mamak?!

You better check it out! (http://www.mamak-int.com/index_pso.php)

And, yes, Microsoft is an intirely truthful company when it comes to their products. Their word on XBOX PSO, which will be run on their servers, is as good as Sega's or Sonicteam's, unless they contradict eachother.

Also, no, the game the Japanese will get for free is a port from the GCN of Episode I, not a port from the DC of PSOv2.

I'll check the mammack thing out, but.... Microsoft has always been liers.... I think Bill Gates is related to Bill Clinton...they both lie, and they both have the name Bill.... very interesting...

I have never heard Micorsoft say anything truthfull... They lied about thier system sales, and actually released kabuki warriors on thier system... How could you trust them?

Kalbelgarion
Aug 1, 2002, 05:26 PM
Please provide a link or some information that disputes five of Microsoft's claims. If you do that, then I may believe that they may lie.

Bortak
Aug 1, 2002, 05:39 PM
On 2002-08-01 15:26, Kalbelgarion wrote:
Please provide a link or some information that disputes five of Microsoft's claims. If you do that, then I may believe that they may lie.

It was pretty far back, tons of sites reported it, shouldn't be hard for YOU to find.

Kalbelgarion
Aug 1, 2002, 10:19 PM
You make the claim, you provide the source. No one will believe your wild claims until you provide *some* kind of evidence.

Of course, if you can't take the time to find such sources, or they do not exist, you were wrong about Microsoft's cronic lying.

Javier_Von_Fenrir
Aug 3, 2002, 03:06 AM
On 2002-07-29 08:43, Darrin wrote:
You might see that class in the final XBox version. Along with the HUmarl

Why do you keep insisting? We all know Xbox owners will be lucky if they even get some kind of port or EP1&2. From what I've gather (corrrect me if things have changed in the past month) Xbox is getting Ver.2 with Voice chat.

On another note, Mamak has many times said that they favor the XBOX. Personally, I think any info concerning the Xbox release of PSO coming from Mamak would be BAISED. But hey thats just me. It's kinda like how PSM favors Eidos games.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Javier_Von_Fenrir on 2002-08-03 01:10 ]</font>

Ness
Aug 3, 2002, 09:45 AM
On 2002-08-01 20:19, Kalbelgarion wrote:
You make the claim, you provide the source. No one will believe your wild claims until you provide *some* kind of evidence.

Of course, if you can't take the time to find such sources, or they do not exist, you were wrong about Microsoft's cronic lying.

I'v read alot of your post and you are arrogant. Alot of the stuff you say is not true and you come down on other people when they say stuff that is more true then what you say. For example you said that the Gar Griffon was not like the Dragon and that is so not true. It's just a dragon with a thyroid problem.

Kalbelgarion
Aug 3, 2002, 10:05 AM
How can Mamak be biased when they just post news? They don't post previews, reviews, or recommend any games. They simply post news that they gather from sonicteam.com or other sources.

And, as I've said before, it won't be a PSOv2 port. The XBOX will get a port of the GCN's PSO Episode I, and will most likely get a port of the GCN's PSO Episode II...and sometime next year, a new game entitled "PSO2".

Ness:
I'm sorry you think me agnorant, but people with incorrect information bug me, and I feel the need to correct them and provide acrurate sources for my info. In the one case you pointed you, methinks the Griffon *isn't* the Dragon "in disguise"...they have totally different attack patterns and mildly different looks, so, to me, the Griffon is not similar to the Dragon in any meaningful sense.

Please, point out other times that you felt I was incorrect or when others posted more correct infomation.

Ness
Aug 3, 2002, 10:10 AM
Check out the topic about the new boss. It has a complete expalination on why I think like I do about the Griffon and a reference from witch you might be able to relate.

The one made by Monkey 007

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ness on 2002-08-03 08:10 ]</font>

Javier_Von_Fenrir
Aug 3, 2002, 12:41 PM
On 2002-08-03 08:05, Kalbelgarion wrote:
How can Mamak be biased when they just post news?

I'll tell you how. They can post rumors as news that would be beneficial to the XBox crowd. See how simple?

Kalbelgarion
Aug 3, 2002, 03:55 PM
I assure you, Mamak isn't biased in any way. I'd like anybody to post one false news item that benifits the XBOX crowd, that Mamak has posted.

Go on, I dare ya.

Ian D
Aug 3, 2002, 05:34 PM
I'm wondering how all of this biased Xbox fanboyism came out of a topic called, "HUnewm." Why don't we get back to the actual topic and stop these stupid arguements?

Kalbelgarion
Aug 3, 2002, 07:44 PM
I assume you mean anti-XBOX fanboyism, because I'll I see that is *pro* XBOX is news reports from reputible sources, which never post "biased" news.

Ian D
Aug 3, 2002, 08:22 PM
And you almost got back on topic.

Mag_Launcher
Aug 3, 2002, 11:38 PM
Meh, I don't even believe in PSO2. I'm not gonna believe a damn word of it till I see it with my own 2 eyes. And IF it does exist, I highly doubt it's "Xbox exclusive" status.

And NO, Kalbelgarion, I'm not gonna haul my ass to Mamak to look at the article again. And since they favor Xbox over Gamecube, I don't exactly trust their credibility all that much now.

I'm not flaming here, I'm just saying I think something isn't right.

Kent
Aug 3, 2002, 11:47 PM
On 2002-07-30 06:59, Malkavian wrote:
Is told in the manual of the game I think
Newmans are technique-based, not gunners.

You're wrong about it being in the manual, I checked both Version 1 and 2 manuals and they say nothing about newmen unable to be rangers.

See that rangers are the worst class about techniques.

This is true, but tell me something they are good at besides sitting back and pecking away at enemies doing little or no damage and running away if something gets too close. <--Joke http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kalbelgarion
Aug 3, 2002, 11:59 PM
On 2002-08-03 21:38, Mag_Launcher wrote:
And NO, Kalbelgarion, I'm not gonna haul my ass to Mamak to look at the article again. And since they favor Xbox over Gamecube, I don't exactly trust their credibility all that much now.

Baseless accusations. That's right-If something's reported that you don't like, you can scream that the source is terribly biased and wrong, although you have no proof whatsoever.

Funny...for two years now, Mamak has been the #1 source of PSO news...and now that they've reported something that will make you buy an XBOX to play post-Episode II incarnations of PSO, you shout and scream that they are biased. Yeah, that's a great way to earn respect and credibility. *rollseyes*

Look at all the news stories for the past 8 months-A vast, vast majority of them have been about the GCN's PSO Episode II, and what wonderful features it will have. Would they do that if they were biased?

I *know* that I'm going to enjoy playing PSO2 on the XBOX in the next year or two, because Mamak reported it as such. I'll believe that until a credible source tells me otherwise.

Oh, BTW, Yuji Naka has said that future versions of PSO, after Episode II, will REQUIRE a HDD to be played and programed to their fullest potential...and notice that Mamak has reported that Sonic Team will be developing PSO2 *for the XBOX*. If you can get Nintendo, Sonic Team, or Sega to say that PSO2, the real sequel to PSO, is coming to the GCN, they I'd like to see it.

(Oh, and On-topic)
I believe Sonic Team's reason for not having a RAnewm or RAnewearl was that Numans dislike guns...but methinks we'll have all 16 classes eventually.

Mag_Launcher
Aug 4, 2002, 01:21 AM
Dam,mit, Kal, Isaid I wasn't flaming anyone, all I said was "I didn't believe it, and I'm not going to till theres some visual proof"
Jeez, no need going all Xbox defensive on me... again.

Ness
Aug 4, 2002, 09:38 AM
On 2002-08-01 14:49, Kalbelgarion wrote:

You too may also be wrong. PSO2 may be coming to Xbox, I'm not sure. But if you notice alot lost of places call PSo v2 PSO2. So it could be a souped up version of version 2 ( with Ep. 1 and 2 features and such), but like I said I'm not sure. Also if you think Mamak is the best new site on the net, you're very naive. IGN.com is by far the best site on the net when it come to all consoles.

Malkavian
Aug 4, 2002, 10:08 AM
Sonic team never said they will make PSO2, They said the opposite for the moment, go figure.

I read somewhere in a review or preview of PSO that in Phantasy Star, newman can't be ranger. I havent played the older PS games, the newman in those games could use guns?

Kalbelgarion
Aug 4, 2002, 11:03 AM
So, Mag, you still back up the point that if you read something you don't like, you can pretend that it never happened? Gee, Nakasan NEVER said at E3 that PSO2, a full blown sequel, will be made for the XBOX after the XBOX Live launch...you can believe that if you want, but nothing has been reported to the contrary.

Ness: So Episode I and II are being released as XBOX Launch titles, and THEN Nakasan will begin work on what he calls a full blown sequel, which, according to you, will only be a minor update of Episode II? *confused*

IGN? Don't make me laugh. That site's going down in flames with their parent company Snowball. They resort to illegally spamming their customers and charging high fees for news that I can get elsewhere. IGN is one of the *worst* news sites on the Web.

Who would you rather trust? A PSO-exclusive site that has no outstanding bias, or a sinking web site that resorts to illegal tactics?

I'm sorry, but many of you are not believing Mamak's reports because YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT YOU HEAR. That's very, very childish.

Heck, if, tomorrow, Mamak reports that Sonic Team has announced that only a simple port of PSOv2 will come to the XBOX, and all other future PSO games will go to the GCN, I'd believe them, and go buy a GCN. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Malkavian, in all other PS games, Numans were never able to use guns...then again, there were only two of 'em, but they both used claws.

"Sonic team never said they will make PSO2"? That's incorrect. At E3, Yuji Naka said that Sonic Team would be developing a full-blown sequel to PSO after the XBOX Live launch.

Sedyne
Aug 4, 2002, 11:52 AM
On 2002-07-29 12:10, ERaZer wrote:

On 2002-07-29 07:29, Shadow_Blade wrote:

Well you may be right. but..i Dought it. PSOep1+2 isn't a fullfledged sequal to the original...it's just adding "more" to the story. Therfore calling it PSO2 is false.

Malkavian
Aug 4, 2002, 12:38 PM
On 2002-08-04 09:03, Kalbelgarion wrote:
"Sonic team never said they will make PSO2"? That's incorrect. At E3, Yuji Naka said that Sonic Team would be developing a full-blown sequel to PSO after the XBOX Live launch.

They didn't said exactly that, you know how bad are the translations. And the time passed, like microsoft officially said they will release PSOver2 and now it looks that it won't. It will be something between gc Episode 1 and episode 2

Old news are OLD

Mag_Launcher
Aug 4, 2002, 02:10 PM
Urge to flame... rising... Bias detector off of charts... and all your base are belong to us.

haterade
Aug 4, 2002, 03:17 PM
Dammit Kalbergion...please get off of the virtual XBOX d!ck...god, you're such a little groupie...

*demands all fanboys of any system/game to be thrown off a cliff in a sleeping bag*

Heh, there I go dreaming again...

VariantXL
Aug 4, 2002, 06:44 PM
What was topic of this post again..... i seem to have forgotten....

Kalbelgarion
Aug 4, 2002, 08:47 PM
Malkavian, Mamak is run by mostly Bilinguals. I don't think they'd mess up a simple translation like that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Microsoft has *never* said that PSOv2 was coming to the XBOX. The only proof we have of that is some Episode I screenshots on the XBOX. The proof we have that Episode II is coming to the XBOX is Microsoft's word.

I'm sorry if you think I'm a fanboy, Mag, but facts are facts. I'm sorry if you don't like the facts I'm presenting, but you'll have to live with that.

haterade, I'm sorry if you think me a fanboy. I'd like you to point out one fanboyish opinion I've given in this thread, though, as I can't find it. I'm a fan of PSO, Sonic Team, and Sega. I don't hold any allegiance to Microsoft or Nintendo. I can understand why someone would want a GCN, and I certainly don't hate the system. Heck, if I didn't have BB access, I would own a GCN and would be looking forward to the GCN release of Episode II.

Nash
Aug 4, 2002, 10:22 PM
Heh, this is the funniest thread I've read in ages!

PSO Xbox is completely up in the air at the moment, and anyone who says otherwise is grabbing at straws. Remember when even Sega Europe got mixed up between PSOv2 & PSO2? I don't think Microsoft will be any different. And common-sense dictates that you aren't going to put much work into something being given away free.

More common-sense for you: Nintendo were reluctant to release the modem add-on when only 1 game (and a 3rd party game at that) supported it. Then all of a sudden PSO GC becomes twice as big, and Nintendo is happy about releasing both modem adaptors. Coincidence? Don't think so somehow. Sega promised Nintendo a lot of exclusive content to convince them that people would buy the GC one over the DC, and any future Xbox one. Sonic Team will now not upset Nintendo by giving away anything like Episode I&II free. Episode I&II will probably remain GC exclusive, and that's why PSO Xbox doesn't even have a name yet.

But anyway, all that I thought would matter to PSO fans, is that a game twice as big as the original is out in a few weeks. It's far more than we could have hoped for, supports both 56K and BB, and wouldn't you rather be playing that than sitting around waiting for an Xbox version that may or may not be as good? The GC one will have a bigger userbase as well, especially in Japan, and the community is what makes PSO.

38 days to go ... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kalbelgarion
Aug 4, 2002, 11:40 PM
Nash, actually, Microsoft has quit calling it "PSO2" now. They now call it "PSO Episode II". Methinks there is a reason for that change.

And, for the (hopefully) last time, it's PSO Episode I that is free with XBOX Live in Japan. NOT Episode II...jeez...

haterade
Aug 5, 2002, 12:40 AM
I like Nash. He came with a non-fangayboy approach to the situation. That, I respect.

Good job, Nash http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Javier_Von_Fenrir
Aug 5, 2002, 04:27 AM
On 2002-08-04 20:22, Nash wrote:
Heh, this is the funniest thread I've read in ages!

PSO Xbox is completely up in the air at the moment, and anyone who says otherwise is grabbing at straws. Remember when even Sega Europe got mixed up between PSOv2 & PSO2? I don't think Microsoft will be any different. And common-sense dictates that you aren't going to put much work into something being given away free.

More common-sense for you: Nintendo were reluctant to release the modem add-on when only 1 game (and a 3rd party game at that) supported it. Then all of a sudden PSO GC becomes twice as big, and Nintendo is happy about releasing both modem adaptors. Coincidence? Don't think so somehow. Sega promised Nintendo a lot of exclusive content to convince them that people would buy the GC one over the DC, and any future Xbox one. Sonic Team will now not upset Nintendo by giving away anything like Episode I&II free. Episode I&II will probably remain GC exclusive, and that's why PSO Xbox doesn't even have a name yet.

But anyway, all that I thought would matter to PSO fans, is that a game twice as big as the original is out in a few weeks. It's far more than we could have hoped for, supports both 56K and BB, and wouldn't you rather be playing that than sitting around waiting for an Xbox version that may or may not be as good? The GC one will have a bigger userbase as well, especially in Japan, and the community is what makes PSO.

38 days to go ... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Thankyou Nash, I wish i had the time you have to put so much effort into shutting up these Xbox fanboys who still believe their PSO is going to be something special....

BTW back on topic.. I don't believe Xbox is getting the Hunewn, I think Nash has proven the Sega wants to please Nintendo more than Microsoft. Even though Microsoft is blowing alot of it massive budget on "bribing"companoes to develope exclusive games for them.

Sorry Bill Gates, not even your biggest check is going to give you the superior PSO!

Kalbelgarion
Aug 5, 2002, 12:32 PM
Erm...who in this thread is begging for a superior PSO for the XBOX this fall? I just want Microsoft to keep their word that the XBOX is getting Episode II.

Geez...so many GCN fans just reading what they *want* to see.

Wang_Tang
Aug 5, 2002, 12:41 PM
im really too lazy to read thru all the 5 pages of this thread, so i'll just say that it'd be cool if there was the huge hulking hunewm. it wouldnt be hard to make the model for him either, because it would just look like an organic racast.

Malkavian
Aug 5, 2002, 12:49 PM
Er.. think the difference between HUnewearl and HUnewm, maybe it would be very similar tot he difference HUnewearl HUmar and same for HUmarl

Nash
Aug 5, 2002, 08:55 PM
Kalbel, if the Xbox version was going to be "Episode I" they would be calling it "Episode I". But the Xbox version still doesn't have a name. Why? Because calling it Episode I would imply it will receive Episode II! Which they probably can't do, because Episode II is exclusive to Nintendo for the reasons detailed above. Also for it to be Episode I it would have to have the new characters for a start, and I'm not sure if any of the shots so far show them?

All I think it will be is V2.0 with the GC interface, and maybe the redone weapon graphics. To expect more I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment. The word of a Microsoft representative is not gospel, if we'd listened to Sega representatives the DC would have had PSO2 in Europe last Christmas! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

To be honest, I've been amazed by the amount of extra work they have put into the GC one. I was originally expecting just a splitscreen tidied up V2.0, with a few new weapons, and I would have probably been happy with that. But it's clear that Sonic Team not only want to appeal to new players with the GC one, but also bring over the existing DC userbase to GC. They've made it bascially irresistable to people who have already played V1.0 and V2.0 And because of that I think PSO's future (like Sonic Team's in general) is clearly on GC.

I think the Xbox one on the other hand is just a nod of support to Microsoft, an experiment with broadband, and maybe a way of recouping some of the money spent on the PC version. Sega don't seem to be porting their major franchises all over the place, they put certain ones on certain machines.

PS2 has got Sakura Taisen, VF4, Shinobi. Xbox has got Panzer Dragoon, Jet Set Radio, Spike Out. GC has got Sonic, Phantasy Star Online, Eternal Arcadia ...

If you're really into one of those games, you have to get the machine it's on. In the same way as if you are into VF you need to get a PS2, if you are into PSO you really need to get a GC.

WraithAkaMrak
Aug 5, 2002, 09:07 PM
On 2002-08-05 18:55, Nash wrote:
Sega don't seem to be porting their major franchises all over the place, they put certain ones on certain machines.

PS2 has got Sakura Taisen, VF4, Shinobi. Xbox has got Panzer Dragoon, Jet Set Radio, Spike Out. GC has got Sonic, Phantasy Star Online, Eternal Arcadia ...
Just to note, if it hasn't been said already... Xbox is also getting Shenmue II, and has Crazy Taxi 3 and Gunvalkyrie. PS2 is getting Gungrave. (And I want PSO Ep. I & II, Shenmue II, and Gungrave. Heheh.)

Nash
Aug 5, 2002, 09:20 PM
Yep, it can be an expensive business being a Sega fan now that they have gone multi-platform!

But rather see them doing this, than go out of business. And I think keeping certain games on certain machines keeps those games as being something special. And also lets the Sega teams use one console's capabilities as much as they can. I'm glad they didn't take the EA approach.

Kalbelgarion
Aug 5, 2002, 11:17 PM
Nash, I call it "Episode I" for the lack of a better name. You're right-There *is* no official name for the port of the GCN's Episode I...so why not call it that?

...And how about the seperate word of 6 Microsoft reps? All of them say that Episode II is coming when I ask them...odd that you think they're all mistaken.

Sega seems to be trying to reach all the user bases, but since PSO2 is coming to the XBOX, I wouldn't say that Sonic Team heavily favors the GCN...

Nash
Aug 5, 2002, 11:26 PM
There is *no* PSO2.

All I've seen Yuji Naka say on the matter is that they had no plans for one yet, but that the GC PSO has so much added that they think of it as a sequel.

In the same was as people at Sega Europe got confused between PSO V2.0 and PSO 2, I expect some people at Microsoft have as well.

And if you name a game Episode I&II surely you plan to call the next game in the series Episode III or Episode III&IV not PSO 2?

Wewt
Aug 5, 2002, 11:34 PM
What Nash said made a lot of sense. It being true is another story.

Ah yes, I remember the "PSO2" and "PSO V2" mix ups...some people didn't want to add a V to call it PSO V2.

Kal, I spoke to an Xbox rep earlier and he told me that "Phantasy Star Online 2" is coming to Xbox. No Episode I or II names, simply PSO2. He must've got his information from Microsoft's database where all of your reps got the same info...So I believe there is quite a mix up with what to call the game. I'd simply call it Xbox PSO.

Kalbelgarion
Aug 5, 2002, 11:35 PM
Last year, Nakasan said that Sonic Team wasn't currently looking to make a full sequel to PSO. He said that PSO was best left in incramental updates.

But at E3 2002, he announced that a full-blown sequel to PSO will be developed for the XBOX this fall, after XBOX Live launches. This was reported by the #1 source of PSO news on the web, so I believe it.

Nash
Aug 5, 2002, 11:41 PM
Well, I will stick with common-sense over third-hand reports on the net http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

You simply don't put all this work into a new version of the game, encourage people to buy new hardware and maybe even a new system, name the name Episode I&II implying more 'Episodes' will follow, only then to abandon them all and go and develop a 'PSO 2' on another system. Let alone one with such a small userbase in Japan, which is a key part of the PSO community.

It just isn't going to happen.

Kalbelgarion
Aug 5, 2002, 11:53 PM
Well, I'll stick with my first-hand accounts of Japanese-speakers that went to E3 and Yuji Naka's word over wild guesses in the dark.

And it doesn't *have* to be called "PSO2"...we just know that it'll be a new game and a full-blown sequel to PSO.

Also, naming it "Episode I and II" doesn't imply that more will follow. Did Lucas make a mistake by calling "Return of the Jedi" Episode VI, as everyone would expect there to be more?

Nash
Aug 6, 2002, 12:07 AM
Return of the Jedi was the end of a saga, not the beginning ... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

And as fun as all this speculation is, the possiblity of 2 brand new classes in Episode I&II to join Hunter, Ranger and Force, is now far more intersting ...

If what's up on Sega.com is correct, and not Sega Of America getting it's facts wrong, it would make Episode I&II incredibly good. Another 8 new characters! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

ChokingVictim
Aug 6, 2002, 04:42 AM
going along with the typical xbox port. If it is a port (still up in the air.) The xbox folks have been getting spoiled with many xbox exclusive type options for multi-platform games. EA being an obvious exception cuz they're in bed with Sony. But they are many, many ports to the xbox that get new content because MS is throwing them a bone to make it profitable for them throw in a new char here, and an extra level there. This of course, goes in line with only generalities.

So the xbox camp hoping for bonuses is not all hogwash. It could go either way. But it's not outside the realm of possibility.

And not like there's a real topic or anything, but a HUnewm doesn't sound right. I mean there was Nei, but she was a female. Newman males just seem like foppish dorks with big oversized raver
hats. I'd only trust em behind a few giant droid tanks.
Everyone knows only the Ramarl can take the heat in the kitchen..; )

s_j15
Aug 10, 2002, 09:57 AM
Holy f'in hell mayn, I read all through those pages hopin to find somethin out bout the topic, and all I got was Kal or whatever givin it in the ass to XBOX and mamak, what the hell? What was I talkin about? Oh well, shut the Hell up people damn, quit your complainin and get along wit eachother I like my idea the best!

Kent
Aug 10, 2002, 01:09 PM
Dammit people...

As of now, we have NO information reguarding Xbox PSO, whether it's a V2 port, Episodes I & II port, or whatever they fucking make it, so shut the hell up about it because YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT WILL BE!

For now, it's just "Xbox PSO" or "PSO on Xbox". Hell, for all we know, it actually could be a PSO2 like that Microsoft rep says, or it could be pretty much anything else. You people need to accept the fact that you don't know, and quit trying to spread rumors around like you were spying in Sonic Team's offices!

Ness
Aug 10, 2002, 05:27 PM
On 2002-08-04 09:03, Kalbelgarion wrote:
So, Mag, you still back up the point that if you read something you don't like, you can pretend that it never happened? Gee, Nakasan NEVER said at E3 that PSO2, a full blown sequel, will be made for the XBOX after the XBOX Live launch...you can believe that if you want, but nothing has been reported to the contrary.

Ness: So Episode I and II are being released as XBOX Launch titles, and THEN Nakasan will begin work on what he calls a full blown sequel, which, according to you, will only be a minor update of Episode II? *confused*

IGN? Don't make me laugh. That site's going down in flames with their parent company Snowball. They resort to illegally spamming their customers and charging high fees for news that I can get elsewhere. IGN is one of the *worst* news sites on the Web.

Who would you rather trust? A PSO-exclusive site that has no outstanding bias, or a sinking web site that resorts to illegal tactics?

I'm sorry, but many of you are not believing Mamak's reports because YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT YOU HEAR. That's very, very childish.

Heck, if, tomorrow, Mamak reports that Sonic Team has announced that only a simple port of PSOv2 will come to the XBOX, and all other future PSO games will go to the GCN, I'd believe them, and go buy a GCN. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Malkavian, in all other PS games, Numans were never able to use guns...then again, there were only two of 'em, but they both used claws.

All I know is that Xbox is probably just getting a souoed up version of PSO Ver.2 and that Your not getting most of you info from Mamak because I;'ve been going to mamak sine they were just a PSO site so I would know what they do and don't post. If you want to believe every rumor you hear instead of just believing the facts than go right ahead, but I choose not mislead people by stating rumors. Man, I hate fanboys!

Crolis
Aug 10, 2002, 08:02 PM
Isn't it Sugata Sanshiro?

RedFox
Aug 11, 2002, 04:40 AM
im surprised greg hasnt turned up to hand out some of that "fuck off XBOX rules, GC SuX0rZ bleh bleh bleh...".

maybe i am the only one who thinks Sonic team should start a new project or maybe sonic adventure 3? gaming needs more originality, not more sequels (except sonic... because we all love sonic... right???)

FinalMasterM
Aug 11, 2002, 04:45 AM
On 2002-08-11 02:40, RedFox wrote:
im surprised greg hasnt turned up to hand out some of that "fuck off XBOX rules, GC SuX0rZ bleh bleh bleh...".

Greg is banned, reason? mostly what you posted...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FinalMasterM on 2002-08-11 02:50 ]</font>

RedFox
Aug 11, 2002, 04:49 AM
that would explain why this thread has gone on for so long withou any of his cynical input... i just got back from holiday so im a lil behind sorry... anythin else happen in the last month worth noting?

FinalMasterM
Aug 11, 2002, 04:52 AM
On 2002-08-11 02:49, RedFox wrote:
anythin else happen in the last month worth noting?

Old Admin returned, ruling over PSOW like it was his own backyard, he is gone tho, thankfully.

ABDUR101
Aug 11, 2002, 04:53 AM
On 2002-08-11 02:49, RedFox wrote:
anythin else happen in the last month worth noting?

The answers to life, what has happened here worth noting, can be found Here (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=30795&forum=6&33), Here (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=30795&forum=6&33) and Here (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=30795&forum=6&33).