PDA

View Full Version : YES!!!

barbossa
May 3, 2005, 12:14 AM
HAHA finaly ultamate mode. I barely squeaked past the sil dragon. (wow he was powerful!)

Rianna_Type1
May 3, 2005, 12:24 AM
He's just a lot of hot air..!

.. or should I say cold air?

Haha, but yeah, rock!! Congratulations. =)

A-P
May 3, 2005, 01:32 AM
Heh, if you thought he was hard, you are in for a rude awakening for some future situations. Still though, congrats on beating Ultimate forest!

Ryna
May 3, 2005, 09:40 AM
Congratulations on clearing Ultimate Forest. You may want to stay there and level up for a little while because the difficulty increases dramatically in later stages.

Vielka
May 3, 2005, 09:52 AM
On 2005-05-03 07:40, Ryna wrote:
Congratulations on clearing Ultimate Forest. You may want to stay there and level up for a little while because the difficulty increases dramatically in later stages.

when i was leveling up my hucl, i couldnt believe how drastic the difficulty was from caves to mines. Mines owned me and still does at lv 106 http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Saviar
May 3, 2005, 10:37 AM
Really? So far I'm destroying the mines rather well w/ a lv. 75 RAmar and 73 FOnewearl...HUcast was a litte more complicated, at lv. 80.

But definately use the FOrest to level up more...I was still going through super-fast runs w/ my lv.127 HUmar in about 15 minutes or less.

Ryna
May 3, 2005, 10:47 AM
On 2005-05-03 08:37, Saviar wrote:
Really? So far I'm destroying the mines rather well w/ a lv. 75 RAmar and 73 FOnewearl...HUcast was a litte more complicated, at lv. 80.

If you are properly prepared and have been through those stages before, you can do Mines/Ruins/CCA/Seabeds at level 80. However, if it is your first character, things can get pretty ugly.

Kaply
May 3, 2005, 10:56 AM
On 2005-05-03 08:47, Ryna wrote:

If you are properly prepared and have been through those stages before, you can do Mines/Ruins/CCA/Seabeds at level 80. However, if it is your first character, things can get pretty ugly.

Yes, my first character there was a HUnewearl. Got her to level 80. Still stuck in forest because for the life of me I can't seem to get a handle on tackling those super zippy mobs on ultimate difficulty. Felt like everytime I attacked once, they hit me once. Finally got to caves and saw the megids flying around and I passed on said character.

Mines are easy for RA and FO. They're mostly reliant on ranged attacks and they do not rely on pushing the enemies back to survive. HUs have a harder time because of that since the mines enemies don't get pushed back.

flix0rz
May 3, 2005, 11:00 AM
Im too lazy to go through mines with my FOmar, level 129

Im looking for red saber with hit% in the forest, Irista, and god/battles

Vielka
May 3, 2005, 11:25 AM
well i just suck as a HU.. with the racast "range" i was on ult ruins by 100 or so

Kaply
May 3, 2005, 11:34 AM
If I recall correctly, those gilchics get knocked down if you do enough damage in one hit right? Is this still correct in ultimate? I don't have any character strong enough to do over 750 damage in one attack (gifoie) and I know they don't consistently get knocked down from that. If there is a point where the amount can push them down, what amount of damage is it?

Ochre
May 3, 2005, 11:54 AM
No, it's just a random chance per hit, around...20% if I recall correctly. I'm not sure if that applies to techs as well, so meh. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

barbossa
May 3, 2005, 12:31 PM
I am training in the caves. I get better rares. I got a guilty light today. Woopee my first bazooka like weapon!

Evil_Althena8
May 3, 2005, 08:29 PM
I just got to ultimate with my lvl 60 HUney. My god it's tough playing a HUney on ultimate. It was OK with my FOney, but it's really frustrating seeing "miss...miss....miss" so often. I can't wait to find some freakin God/Arms and weapons with hit.

Saviar
May 4, 2005, 10:46 AM
Yeah, I never understood why HUs were considered the easiest class to play with; I consider them harder for the sheer fact that they are without the range.

Yeah, I did have the advantage of going through the levels previously. I still HATE episode 2 though. Every time one of those bugs flings a needle at me I want to slam my face through the tv. But the first time I was in ULt. I was held aghast, because it 's so different from the other difs. And the amount of difficulty from stage-to-stage is also a LOT higher; I didn't do caves for quite a while in ultimate: I beat the Forest, then did all the quests, then all the quests for the caves, and then finally beat caves...

Miss miss? I have that problem with my HUcast. I have two god/arms on him now, and a weapon with high hit%, so it's not so bad, but it's certainly annoying to have all that firepower but it ultimately be worthless when you can't land enough consecutive hits to stun the enemy, especially in mobs.

Neith
May 4, 2005, 10:55 AM
HU's aren't hard to play as, you just need to re-equip depending on the situation. The difficulty of the game jumps in leaps and bounds.

Forest is easy, with Cave not being much harder. Fresh after beating Dal Ra Lie, you get owned in Mines, so generally have to stay in Cave for a good few levels.

Im not so sure I agree on the lack of range for HU's, they have slicers, and can use a fair number of guns. Since there is a 3% chance for a weapon to have hit %'s in Ep1, it shouldnt take a huge amount of time to find a Raygun or Vulcans with hit, this makes the Mines a lot more bearable.

I found Ult a lot harder with my HUcl (was a lot easier with my HUnewearl), as I was used to abusing Resta, and used to have a habit of not dropping traps http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif Once you know how to handle enemies, Ult becomes easy, unless you play cheap quests like Phantasmal World 4... insta-kill everywhere...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2005-05-04 08:59 ]</font>

A-P
May 4, 2005, 12:16 PM
I never found it too hard, I mean, I thought ULT was okay as a HUmar ( my main ) and I do not miss often. Well, I do miss now and then in the ULT. Seabed, but thats the hardest level in the game so I don't mind. I can't play Ranger too long offline though... WAY too hard. ( Damage dealing issues. )

Q_Anon
May 4, 2005, 07:50 PM
I agree I get bored with RAs easily because of the little damage EXCEPT for RAmarls with their lvl 20 shifta battles go much faster.

With HUs you have to fight much like you would in challenge, hit and manually dodge until you can survive attacks with enough HP left, guns with hit also help a lot.

If you don't know the safest way to fight in challenge you usually go weak-weak then walk farther a way and repeat or if you hit enough go weak-heavy and dodge as above.

I find HUneys and HUcasts to be the easiest in Ult because of large TP for resta and lost of power to kill faster respectively.

I hope that helped if it didn't please clarify what you didn't understand in a PM.

Jive18
May 5, 2005, 08:32 PM
Congrats on reaching the "point of no return". Everyone has pretty much been right about things getting very hairy when you get to mines, but the biggest shock for me was actually the Ob Lilies' Megids. I never could have expected that. It's not bad at all now, but I still shudder everytime I think of the first purple orb that flew at me http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

Also, make sure you have some raw ATA or a Mag with Dex, because accuracy really can be a problem against the baddies of Ultimate.

Saviar
May 6, 2005, 10:50 AM
I didn't mean to imply that Hunters were difficult to use; but I find them harder to use than the other two classes (ironic since they're my preferred class).

When I got to ULT it was the first time I ever had to use hit/dodge tactics; before that, nothing could really deal enough of a hit to really be oppressive. I didn't become a user of slicers until I got the Rainbow Baton with 50% on Dark, and I've found it to be invaluable to new HUs in ULT.

Rangers difficult? I like them myself, as long as they have a good weapon (in other words, get a good weapon with a diff class, then play them). I could NEVER stand playing a RA with only, say, a laser or sniper or something...that wuold take forever to clean-out the Caves...

I hate lilies; did then, do now. They're really the only thing that can kill me (except the other Megid casters). But when I first found them, I remember I was so pleased with beating the forest easily I stood there so they could spit their poison at me...then I noticed it was purple...then I was dead. Lol.

kimkid100
Jul 2, 2006, 09:16 PM
i think rangers are the least fun out of a the characters

xxTrystanxx
Jul 2, 2006, 09:25 PM
Since you're still fairly new, I'd like to point out that bumping threads that are more than two weeks old is against forum rules.

This is a fairly interesting discussion, however. I tend to agree that I find myself easily bored with Rangers... because I find them incredibly easy! When I take a RA through a stage, I tend to breeze through it, I feel like such a broken character http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Then again, the only RAs I can stand really are RAcaseals because they are so cute.

TheyCallMeJoe
Jul 2, 2006, 09:33 PM
Damn that last post was from 2005 lol! But as for RAs...I don't have any pre-selected equipment, so I find it difficult to fly through the Ruins using Ice Repeaters -_-.

But in regards to HUcasts, back before I was corrupted I remember being stuck on Ult Mines. I don't look forward to doing that again. But now that I'm rebuliding all my chars, HUcasts are the easiest characters to progress, short of my FOnewm (although for bosses HUcasts do much better). I have tried several characters from each class...and Ranger are defintely my least favorite.

Dhylec
Jul 2, 2006, 10:07 PM
There are rules revision to allow further bump, but still, 2005 bump is too much. Please do not bump anything that is in active for more than a few weeks. Make yourself a new topic if you want.