PDA

View Full Version : IV Beta

Aero_Hawk
May 3, 2005, 02:36 PM
Okay, no one seems to answer me anywhere else so i start new topic. Where will you be able to download the PSO Episode IV Blue Burst Beta? Sorry if there already is a topic for this. I could not find it but no one answeres me any other way so..........

Skorpius
May 3, 2005, 02:39 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=98039&forum=1

Aero_Hawk
May 3, 2005, 04:01 PM
Thanks. Is there a limit on who or how many people can join the beta?

adamgnome104
May 3, 2005, 04:07 PM
It ends June 9th.

I think that you won't be able to play Episode IV anyways.

People don't realize that it's not as big as Episode II was. Like, it's only 3 areas and no new pioneer 2 area or anything. :/ You have to do certani quests to get their and crap. And there's only like 2 on the Beta, so you probably can't play episode IV. (speculating)

PJ
May 3, 2005, 04:11 PM
All of the game you have to do quests to get anywhere in BB =/

Try Episode 4 before criticizing it

A-P
May 3, 2005, 04:50 PM
On 2005-05-03 14:11, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
All of the game you have to do quests to get anywhere in BB =/

Try Episode 4 before criticizing it

So... In order to advance from the Forest to the Caves, I have to only do quests? Or do I need to do quests + clear the Forest?

Ryna
May 3, 2005, 04:56 PM
So... In order to advance from the Forest to the Caves, I have to only do quests? Or do I need to do quests + clear the Forest?

You have to do the Forest Government Quests in order to be able to unlock Caves.

Aero_Hawk
May 3, 2005, 05:11 PM
So in the Beta you can't play the Episode IV until the final release?

Ryna
May 3, 2005, 05:15 PM
On 2005-05-03 15:11, Aero_Hawk wrote:
So in the Beta you can't play the Episode IV until the final release?

That would be a reasonably safe assumption to make.

Link00seven
May 3, 2005, 05:45 PM
Yeah, I doubt the Beta will include EpIV. We'll probably have to buy EpIV seperate, like the JP had to do.

I'll buy it though. The game itself is free http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

A-P
May 3, 2005, 06:14 PM
On 2005-05-03 14:56, Ryna wrote:

You have to do the Forest Government Quests in order to be able to unlock Caves.

Well, this would make the gmae a bit more interesting because I would be bored doing this a third time ( v1, GC, anf the third would be BB ). Kinda refreshing if you ask me. Also, it will eliminate people being rushed to the ruins and when they got there being level 10 ( has this ever happened? ).

Ryna
May 3, 2005, 06:16 PM
On 2005-05-03 16:14, A-P wrote:
Well, this would make the gmae a bit more interesting because I would be bored doing this a third time ( v1, GC, anf the third would be BB ). Kinda refreshing if you ask me. Also, it will eliminate people being rushed to the ruins and when they got there being level 10 ( has this ever happened? ).

I find the government quests to be extremely repetitive and annoying, but if you find them interesting, that is cool.

Also, I know someone that was able to make it to Ultimate while staying at level 1.

Aero_Hawk
May 3, 2005, 07:27 PM
Yes well, this whole new system is intreguing. Also intrested in how many new items will appear in final version and Episode IV. Is the final version of IV free too and any idea how much your liscense will cost...

A-P
May 3, 2005, 07:31 PM
On 2005-05-03 16:16, Ryna wrote:

On 2005-05-03 16:14, A-P wrote:

I find the government quests to be extremely repetitive and annoying, but if you find them interesting, that is cool.

Also, I know someone that was able to make it to Ultimate while staying at level 1.

I have yet to play BB, so I don't know what they are. If they are new quests, then I should find them entertaining.

EphekZ
May 3, 2005, 07:57 PM

heh tycho,

The game looks nice

Don't critisize until you play

and beta download opens may 10th

here

http://psobb.com/gameinfo/index.php

Aero_Hawk
May 3, 2005, 09:04 PM
Yes, any info on an actual release date though?

DarthTyranus
May 8, 2005, 07:22 PM
I'm with Gunner on this one, don't knock it till ye try it. As for the full version, June the 10th is how long you'll have to wait for.

Me thinks you can download that like you would with the BETA coming out tomorrow, V4 I'm not 2 sure. I'll get back to ye's on that.

Ryna
May 8, 2005, 07:38 PM
On 2005-05-08 17:22, DarthTyranus wrote:
I'm with Gunner on this one, don't knock it till ye try it.

In this case, I tried the JP Open Beta. I sincerely doubt the government quests have been changed from it.

DarthTyranus
May 8, 2005, 07:50 PM
You're lucky Ryna, my PC has no JP settings.