PDA

View Full Version : Need "night owls" for c2+ ep.1

kazuma56
May 4, 2005, 07:18 PM
well, i'm looking for a team to get myself a S-Rank Twin before months end and want to know if any "night owls" out there are willing to help me.

I'll be on around the 12+ hours est time on Alcyone (sp?) ships.

rena-ko
May 4, 2005, 07:44 PM
would be a successful thread if you'd give some more info.

how experienced are you with the stages and cmode tactics in general (dont lie)?
what class are you using?

kazuma56
May 4, 2005, 07:50 PM
not very expierenced at all, but I don't suck at the game and was doing great in C2 (3 mono's) until the humar there decided to saty meleeing after his HP was like 1/4....

And i'm a Ramar.

rena-ko
May 5, 2005, 07:35 AM
well...

to be honest. ramar teammates are very unpopular, because they're usually seen as (and actually are a) deadweight.
however, given you find a good gun - especially with a very useful special (hell, bind, demon for epsilon, fire for panarms for example), you'll be everyone's darling.

sounds weird but its like that.
on top of that you as ramar lack traps, are vulnerable to poison and paralysis and can see traps.

then,
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=listarticles&secid=15
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=listarticles&secid=150
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=listarticles&secid=143
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=listarticles&secid=16

best you'd at least scan through the later info, but you probably should print out the maps of those stages you gonna attempt.

when you enter games, there is 1 thing worse than a bad char class: any class being played bad.
always be prepared so you dont waste the time of the other players.

in the end, i'd suggest you start digging into cmode using a hucaseal. or if it has to be a ranger, racaseal. ramar is doable, but a bad choice for a beginner.

besides this, good luck with team, map, weapons, lag and d/c.

Ryna
May 5, 2005, 08:55 AM
Remember to be courteous and thank other players, even if you do fail the challenge. It doesn't take long for word to spread if you turn out to be a a rude, ignorant player.

Like Rena-ko suggested, it would be a good idea to use a HUcl as your first character. The RAmar really isn't that good of a choice for challenge mode.

kazuma56
May 5, 2005, 01:17 PM
I can't really, only have 4 chars, RAmar Humar Fomar and Hunewearl, all which are 100+.

rena-ko
May 5, 2005, 02:52 PM
so.... either you buy a second memcard, they're not that expensive actually, or you should concentrate on using that humar. he's the "best" choice of what you have, concerning cmode.

kazuma56
May 5, 2005, 07:09 PM
meh, I did C2 and 3 today with sharky and a few others today, wasn't terribly hard, my RAmar for the most part, was safe as ****, barely got hit and could give my extra Mono's when not needed... that Dim Handgun I had pwned most enemies and my heat (55 hit and A.Beast) pwned most enemies weak against fire (40 dmg, and 20 to every thing else), I also like the fact that I could go meleeing with him and do decent dmg (20-30+) with him.

Hrith
May 6, 2005, 03:32 AM
watch out when meleeing with RAs, in c-mode you have MUCH less DFP, and could end up using more monomates instead of less.

Cave are the worst as a RA, Mine, you take care of the Canadines, Ruins, you can do decent damage, and Ruins can find terrific weapons.
I got a Devil's Shot with my RACaseal in c9, 65% hit, we cleared the run in 34 minutes http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif (but do NOT use shots unless it has a VERY good special, it's only good for damage cancel, otherwise).

I also got a Shadow Sniper in c8, I could kill anything but belras and bringers before the HUs got to them.

As Rena put it, RAs are c-mode trumpcards.

Sharkyland
May 6, 2005, 01:14 PM
You were doing pretty good as a RAmar. Just to remind you, that certain items do go to certain characters. Like HP mats to FOs, unless the FOs don't want it, then give it to the HUs (so that they don't fall down). pretty difficult to support the HUs and FOs when everyone's lagging like all hell.

Also, as for you RAs, don't keep shooting the nanos, the HUs do more damage than you guys. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2005-05-06 11:15 ]</font>

kazuma56
May 7, 2005, 03:47 PM
I know, when I'm in games with other people that are ra's keep shooting the damn nano's doing like 0-5 dmg each shot, so fucking annoying, unless you have a dim or life deduction type special, LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!, I usually just switch to saber and cut that dumb dragon down.

Ya, meleeing isn't always best, but a 1-2 hit combo(s) usually ensure that you don't lose life for the most part.

I didn't know about the HP mats, I only got 1 though so it wasn't that bad... so does that mean DFP/EVP/Pow mats are Hu/Ra free for all?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2005-05-07 13:49 ]</font>

rena-ko
May 7, 2005, 04:24 PM
depends on team and stage, i'd say

lets say, huct hucl ra fo in c9 - the pow mat goes to the hucl until she can use a pallasch.

def usually goes to melee chars. hp to low-hp or ranged chars (fo + human ra). evade to huct or the melee chars.

Sharkyland
May 10, 2005, 05:49 PM
In most games, I usually don't eat mats, unless I need to... unless someone tells me to.

rena-ko
May 11, 2005, 03:30 AM
On 2005-05-10 15:49, Sharkyland wrote:
In most games, I usually don't eat mats, unless I need to... unless someone tells me to.

no offense but thats foolish.
you should know your does and donts in cmode.
especially when its about weapons and items and who gets what (=who can use what most efficiently - and i'm not talking about skill, just stats).

SLON
May 11, 2005, 06:42 AM
As a Force, the only time I want HP mats in Ep1 cmode is in C9. It's more important that the other characters don't die in stages 1- 8. Also, if I'm looking to die for TP, I don't want to be still alive by a couple of hit points because I ate some HP mats!

Hrith
May 11, 2005, 08:53 AM
yeah, but like you said "except c9" I plyed with a Japanese FOnewearl recently, he did not eat HP mats, he died 5 times at Falz, and we failed the stage >_>

I hate people who don't learn, it's not hard to avoid the purple rays if they kill you in one hit...

Sharkyland
May 11, 2005, 10:42 AM
I know about the HP, Pow, Mind mats... but I'm more talking about Defense and Evade.

SLON
May 13, 2005, 06:48 AM
Defence and Evade mats go to Hu chrs; they are the ones getting hit the most.