PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: Computer Gaming World to have PSOBB on disc, accordin

Getintothegame
May 5, 2005, 07:44 PM
Computer Gaming World to have game on disc
This might be a great idea for all of you to do if you plan on getting on the servers on May 10th, since I can only imagine they will be plum full with people downloading the game.

Already been posted before:

New PSO Blue Burst Website
Flash Intro Website opened for PSOBB Europe.

http://www.psoblueburst.com/en/index.html

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2005-05-05 18:11 ]</font>

adamgnome104
May 5, 2005, 07:57 PM
I wish I knew what the hell that Magazine was...

I want to be in the Wallpaper! T_T

Getintothegame
May 5, 2005, 08:09 PM
Its an American magazine, according to some posts. Shouldn't be too hard to find in the US, but someone recommended to go to Borders.

Para
May 5, 2005, 09:15 PM
Some people already got the client, installed it updated it (to version 1.20.5!! SAME AS JPN!)

Meaning servers might be linked DUN DUN DUN!

Skorpius
May 5, 2005, 09:21 PM
On 2005-05-05 19:15, Nites wrote:
Some people already got the client, installed it updated it (to version 1.20.5!! SAME AS JPN!)

If that's not a "No shit!" moment, I don't know what is.

Bu5ta
May 5, 2005, 09:30 PM
On 2005-05-05 19:21, Skorpius wrote:

On 2005-05-05 19:15, Nites wrote:

If that's not a "No shit!" moment, I don't know what is.

It's not. I didn't know if the Beta would be set up to work with JPN users, so I don't see how that was a "No S&*!" moment.

Para
May 5, 2005, 09:50 PM
I agree. Its only a possibility right now and we are still unsure if the servers will be linked or not. For all we know the version number is just a notation of how updated the content is.

Nai_Calus
May 5, 2005, 10:46 PM
Since when the hell does the version number have anything to do with content? Hi, it's a reflection of what the game's been PATCHED to. Does the client patch itself every time they add a quest? No.

And file content has nothing to do with anything - Look at GC PSO, non-PSO+. The data for Tower is there, but you can't access it without doing a quest online. And until the first of those quests came out, Tower was inaccessable, though the file content was there.

What US BB patching to the same as the JP version means is that it's the same hopefully stable release of the client as the JP one, and contains any bugfixes made in the patches that lead up to that number.

Honestly, I don't see where that leads to thoughts of server linkage, other than an overabundance of hope on the parts of people who want to show off.

Tancient
May 5, 2005, 11:13 PM
On 2005-05-05 20:46, Ian-KunX wrote:
Since when the hell does the version number have anything to do with content? Hi, it's a reflection of what the game's been PATCHED to. Does the client patch itself every time they add a quest? No.

And file content has nothing to do with anything - Look at GC PSO, non-PSO+. The data for Tower is there, but you can't access it without doing a quest online. And until the first of those quests came out, Tower was inaccessable, though the file content was there.

What US BB patching to the same as the JP version means is that it's the same hopefully stable release of the client as the JP one, and contains any bugfixes made in the patches that lead up to that number.

Honestly, I don't see where that leads to thoughts of server linkage, other than an overabundance of hope on the parts of people who want to show off.

I was gonna post an arguement until I saw this post. I don't need to say anything. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Para
May 5, 2005, 11:31 PM
Ok I guess I was wrong there.

The person did mention that he did download Episode IV data...

My god I can't make much sense today... my head still hurts...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nites on 2005-05-05 21:36 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
May 6, 2005, 02:23 AM
I've been given access to it, I'll know in a little while what can and can't be done with it.

Skorpius
May 6, 2005, 11:25 AM
On 2005-05-05 19:30, Bu5ta wrote:
It's not. I didn't know if the Beta would be set up to work with JPN users, so I don't see how that was a "No S&*!" moment.

Yeah, it was. Obviously the beta would be the most current version of Blue Burst.