PDA

View Full Version : What the hell happened? Slime question.

Lavanse
May 8, 2005, 04:29 AM
Okay I was piping for a Pouilly Slime and I found it..

Then i'm killing it and all of a sudden it poofs as if it died or something. I got the experience but NOTHING dropped, and I didn't attack him when this happened.. I was just gonna finish him off when he popped.

I'm so mad this happened -.-

Explanation please?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lavanse on 2005-05-08 02:39 ]</font>

A-P
May 8, 2005, 05:15 AM
well, maybe since the drop rate for items can only be as low as 1/2 while still being obtainable, I guess you got the unlucky " 1 ". Sorry, but it happens. Or, the slime just did not like you I guess.

Lavanse
May 8, 2005, 05:20 AM
Eh I know I have 1/2 chance.

But, I read in the telepipe guide it says this:

"Don't kill them and make sure they don't kill each other"

Now i'm scared to pipe another http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Jason
May 8, 2005, 05:40 AM
Another slime have killed that red one. That's why sometimes it is best not to split too many slimes at a time as one can kill another.

Okay, when you first enter the room, set your telepipe. Split the slimes. No red one? Pipe. Pipe back. Repeat. While you're at it, ensure that a slime doesn't get killed. If one got killed and dropped an item (any item), then after your next pipe the slime won't have a chance to drop anything including the red one that will eventually come after many a pipe usually (neither rare & non-rare items) except before your next pipe.

Lavanse
May 8, 2005, 05:44 AM
Ah.. That explains everything.

Thank you for the clear answer.

No one else reply, I understand now. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Jason
May 8, 2005, 05:49 AM
No problem. To avoid it to do an attack, just don't let it stare at you. And if a slime is killed, you are not screwed for your next pipe unless it dropped something.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2005-05-08 03:50 ]</font>