PDA

View Full Version : Para's Crappy PSO:BB Faq

Para
May 9, 2005, 01:49 AM
Warning this may contain spoilers

Ok I guess its time someone produce a FAQ to answer frequently asked questions.

Where can I find information about PSO:BB?
http://www.psobb.com/guide/index.php
Is definitely a good start for all you new players.
http://pso-world.com
is another great site with many threads containing information to Blue Burst and Episode IV.

What does BB stand for?
Blue Burst

How long will the beta last?
From May 10th to June 9th

What is server side saving?
Your characters are now stored in SEGA's database so modification of the data is a lot harder now plus your character's data is constantly saved. (This means its a lot harder to cheat)

What are the PC requirements?
http://www.psobb.com/guide/pregame/index.php
Literally the whole FX series is supported.
If you are unsure of what settings you should use, start from low graphics and try playing in Central Control Area and Upper/Lower Seabed levels to test if you lag. If you do then lower your graphics settings, if you do not, then slowly adjust your settings. Level details are probably the most resource taking (imo) but you must account that when you play with people, more action more resources used to process it all (this will apply to Episode IV greatly, especially in Underground Desert) Enemy graphics also include their attacks. Shadow graphics will enable you to choose from the DOT, crappy real time shadow and good real time shadow. If in any case you lag consistantly, you may want to adjust your frameskip.

Note that while Window Mode is a great convenience, it takes up more resources than being in Full Screen mode.

What are new in BB?
http://www.psobb.com/guide/index.php
Is a good place to check out. (Basically new team formations, functions, content) As well Episode IV will be released with Blue Burst some time in the future.

More so...
Government/Lab quests will be available which provide a bigger insight into the main storyline.

A bigger indepth explanation of Government/Lab Quests.
Here is a complete list of Government/Lab Quests along with which areas you will visit for that quest.

Episode I
1-1 Forest 1&2
1-2 Forest 1&2
1-3 Forest 1&2&Dragon
2-1 Caves 1
2-2 Caves 1&2
2-3 Caves 2&3
2-4 Caves 1&2&3&Del Rol Le
3-1 Mines 1
3-2 Mines 2
3-3 Mines 1&2&Boss
4-1 Mines 2& Ruins 1
4-2 Ruins 2
4-3 Ruins 3
4-4 Ruins 1&2
4-5 Ruins 1&2&3&Dark Falz

Episode II
5-1 VR Temple Alpha
5-2 VR Temple Beta
5-3 VR Temple Alpha&Beta
5-4 VR Temple Alpha&Beta (Time Attack!)
5-5 VR Temple Alpha&Beta&Barba Ray
6-1 VR Spaceship Alpha
6-2 VR Spaceship Beta
6-3 VR Spaceship Alpha&Beta
6-4 VR Spaceship Alpha&Beta (Time Attack!)
6-5 VR Spaceship Alpha&Beta&Gol Dragon
7-1 Jungle North&East
7-2 Jungle East & Mountain
7-3 Mountain & Seaside
7-4 Central Control Area
7-5 Jungle North&East & Mountain & Seaside & Central Control Area & Gal Gryphon
8-1 Seabed Upper Levels
8-2 Seabed Lower Levels
8-3 Seabed Upper&Lower Levels & Olga Flow

Episode IV
9-1 Wilds Eastern Route
9-2 Wilds Western Route
9-3 Wilds Southern Route
9-4 Wilds Northern Route & Crater Interior
9-5 Crater Interior & Subterranean Desert 1
9-6 Subterranean Desert 2
9-7 Subterranean Desert 3
9-8 Subterranean Desert 1&2&3 & Santemillion/Kondoryuu

To start a Government/Lab Quest, speak to Momoka (the new pink girl NPC) and select a quest that is available.

Note for Episode II, you speak to Nol Rinale to start a quest.

Note that the amount of Government/Lab Quests determine which areas are opened for normal/solo play. If you wish to open Caves for normal play, you must complete quests 1-1, 1-2 and 1-3. Episode I Government Quests are SEPERATE from Episode II Lab Quests and Episode IV Government Quests so you can play a bit of Episode I and a bit of Episode II without having to complete one Episode to unlock the next.

Note that if you complete these quests in a mode other than normal, let's say hard mode. You will need to complete them again in vhard mode to unlock areas. This is not the case if you complete the quests in normal mode. If you finish all the Government quests for that difficulty, you will not be able to access the next difficulty until you have met the level requirement. For doing solo quests, you need to unlock the appropriate area to enable that quest in solo mode. Example: Seat of the Heart requires Central Control Area so you must atleast cleared Lab quests in Episode II up to 7-1.

Teams
http://www.psobb.com/guide/team/index.php
Teams are basically like clans/guilds. You can track your own teammates through hitting the F8 button which brings up the Team member list. You will have a choice of Private Message, Send Item and Warp to the player's ship/block/lobby. F9 brings up the team chat while f10 will toggle team chat or game room chat.
At the beginning you are allowed only a max of 10 members on a team but you can upgrade that amount using your team points which you acquire through donating rare WEAPONS to the team. The dressing room is enabled through "purchasing the option" in the team upgrade list. Also to come in the future (roughly translated) possible TEAM quests and TEAM items you purchase through using team points will be available. You can also give your team a "banner" ingame.

Content wise
New items, monsters and maps will be available.
Items are still being released slowly on the JPN PSO:BB
Items will include new weapons, armour, item combinations (no new weapon classes though as of present) (upgrades of old items like Heavenly Ability which is stronger than God/Ability), new monsters and new maps.

The new maps are Wilds (North, East, South and West Path), Crater and Underground Desert 1, 2, 3.

New monsters include: (some are translated from the japanese names)
Sand Rappy
Del Rappy
Boota
Ba Boota
Ze Boota
Astark
Satelite Lizard
Yowie
Zu
Pazuzu
Dolphon
Dolphon Eclair
Goran
Pyro Goran
Goran Detonator
Merissa A
Merissa A A
Girtablulu
Saint-Milion
Kondoryuu

Some information on the new monsters:

Sand rappies and del rappies:
They're very easy.

Buutas are easy, Ba Buuta are easy but Ze Buuta is annoying. The AI behind Ze Buuta is it casts foie on you. Now when you do not nail Ze Buuta in a pack, they will disrupt your combo with a foie attack and setting you up for the other monsters. What's very irritating is that when you got many Ze Buuta (this applies to HUs and RAs (depending what weapon the RA uses)) all the Ze Buutas will launch foie on you to constantly disrupt your combo so you cannot kill them as easily. Fighting them at range or up front melee with no other monster support is recommended. Note that Ze Buutas may hang in the back intentionally to cast foie on you only at times.

The lizards you can play cat and mouse with if you are fast. Or you can just keep stunning them with a launcher, shot or needle and clear out those that are able to be killed by ranged weapons. Another trick is to drag them out and leave the other monsters alone because Lizards can see you no matter how far you are in the room from them.

Golans are troublesome no matter what. If you still can't tell, Piro Golans have different attack patterns compared to Golans and Golan Detonators. Golans are more likely to attack side to front while Piro Golans are more likely to attack side to behind you. Golan Detonators like to go all around you after 1-3 attacks (usually after one so it makes it awfully difficult to predict where it goes since its random.. they are a pain towards Hunters all alike) Now the fun thing is that SEGA loves to put them in mixtures so you can never nail all the golans at one time.

Zuus and Pazuzu usually should be dealt with immediately or break out of their range to avoid their circular attack for a few seconds to deal with the other monsters. Zuus are fairly accurate with their ariel beams and they're fast at firing too so when they are charging, you must be on the move unless you are interested in taking a heavy hit from it. Zuus are also deadly if you go close to it when it does the triple foie (deadly in ult) If you do not stun the zuu before it fires its triple foie, you are in for a beating because it can stun you and set you up for a domino attack by other enemies.

Melissas are very irritating. They specialize on freezing and enjoy bouncing around you and over your head. While they are about to jump over you or jump to the side, they are untargetable by anything. Smartest thing to do so far is to stay away and fight them in a ranged position. Their attacks all have range to it.

Now on Kondoryuu
Kondoryuu is A LOT harder than Santemillion
Aside from the enormous boost in HP (That damn thing took atleast 20minutes to kill in the second battle and we did have Midori J/z it and S/d us) and boost in ATP and DFP, it fires its missiles more frequently and more darvent like critters pop up. Not to mention you might've seen how you can avoid Santemillion's frontal attacks and hide in the back but you will see some darvent like critters assisting him there to ward off melee fighters. What I noticed in Kondoryuu is that those darvents would actually spawn infront of his weak spot and block your attacks intentionally (I had several times when he was open and I brought out my mechguns but immediately those darvents would pop up and meat shield Kondoryuu) So I was forced to use weaker weapons like my Spread needle. I got killed twice because Kondoryuu set me up for a domino attack by missile + darvents then light beam.

Another new feature will include 10 new shortcut keys. You can customize these keys by going to customize, select a slot and hit 1-0 depending on what action you assigned to that key.

Note that base armour defense has been lowered in PSO:BB. (confirmed through comparing stats from PSO:BB JPN to GCv3 values)

Will the beta go p2p after June 9th?
Most likely but there has been no official word from sega but I bet my chances on it.

Will there be a demo version of PSO:BB?
Most likely no but you will be able to play on a trial account for 15 days or 20 levels. After a character reaches level 20 or the account reaches 15 days old, you must purchase a Hunter's license to continue playing. (This was the case for PSO:BB JPN, unsure for PSO:BB NA (unconfirmed))

Can I use a controller for PSO:BB?
Yes but I am not too familiar with this. I use the keyboard and mouse together.

Is the max level still level 200?
Yes.

What is the punishment for dying?
You do not lose meseta, de equip your weapon or drop your meseta. However you now lose experience points. The amount of experience lost is random but kept in a "range" depending on your level. Scape Dolls are very useful for they reduce the amount of experience lost. Moon Atomizers do not.

Note you canNOT level down.

What are the level requirements for each difficulty?
Normal Available from the beginning.
Hard Available to characters Level 30 and above, who have cleared either the Principal's Quests or the Lab Quests in Normal Mode.
Very Hard Available to characters Level 60 and above, who have cleared either the Principal's Quests or the Lab Quests in Normal Mode.
Ultimate Available to characters Level 100 and above, who have cleared either the Principal's Quests or the Lab Quests in Normal Mode.

Note that in PSO:BB JPN, these requirements were tweaked. Here are the current requirements in PSO:BB JPN:

Hard - Episode 1: 20; Episode 2: 30; Episode 4: 40
Very Hard - Episode 1: 50; Episode 2: 60; Episode 4: 70
Ultimate - Episode 1: 90; Episode 2: 100; Episode 4: 110

OMG! FSOD!
FSOD is a thing of the past now. You cannot lose items to FSOD now. If any case if your computer/PSO:BB client crashes, nothing is lost except if you were soloing a quest or in the middle of clearing an area. Everything else from the time you crashed is saved.

Cheating issues
Its a lot harder to cheat and hack? Not to mention its illegal to cheat and hack.

How do you pay for PSO:BB?
Credit card is your answer. Bank cards work as well (confirmed by other people).

Story behind Episode IV?
In Episode IV, a meteor enters the solar system where Ragol is located. The meteor's original trajectory was altered by a beam of light, projected from the surface of Ragol, which impacted the meteor, making the meteor's trajectory to hit the surface of Ragol. The meteor passed by Pioneer 2 with meteor debris crashing into the refugee spaceship. After the explosive impact on Ragol, the crater now radiates the strange blue energy in which you are sent to investigate this mysterious and possibly deadly power...

How many characters can I use in my name?
12 characters max.

I hear the section ID calculation is different to the previous versions of PSO?This is true. PSO:BB uses a new section ID calculator.

Hey! Where's offline mode? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
There is no offline mode now. Its more like Multi Mode and Single Mode.

Will the JPN servers be linked with NA servers? What happened to the CN servers?JPN servers linking with NA servers are undetermined. The CN servers are run by a different company which bought license to run PSO:BB for the Chinese people.

How many characters can you create per account?
4 max.

Can you internally transfer items between characters now?
No you must drop your item in a game with someone (who could possibly hold it for you) and come back online with your other character so your friend can give you the item you want transferred.

Player vs Player mode?
That will be battle mode. You can also select a quest (Battle rule) to have set rules for an official battle between players.

Will the servers get wiped after the open beta finishes?
Undetermined. However in the JPN PSO:BB, we kept our characters and got prizes for purchasing a Hunter's License.

Does Episode II Experience still suck?
Not at all. Episode II Experience rates has been increased drastically. VR Temple experience rates are now comparable to Mines and Ruins.

I hear people are playing PSO:BB right now before the Beta Officially opened!
This is true. Apparently SEGA opened their servers already for play for those that have recieved the client.

Are there any drop charts available for Episode IV yet?
Due to the updates that SEGA does on the monster drops, there is no accurate drop chart available at this time.

Where is Episode II and hard mode in the beta???
It seems that they are unavailable for the beta unlike the JPN PSO:BB Beta where the JPN version had Episode I&II and up to Very Hard mode. This beta follows suit of the CN Beta where they also had Episode II missing.

Hey how come I can't type?
Check this thread out.
http://boards.sega.com/psobb/viewtopic.php?t=723

I'll update this FAQ when I'm not so tired from Golfing and Hockey...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nites on 2005-05-10 11:01 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Para on 2008-04-13 21:12 ]</font>

Tycho
May 9, 2005, 05:06 AM
You rock. Good job.

Tycho
May 9, 2005, 05:18 AM
You rock. Good job.

Ochre
May 9, 2005, 09:41 AM
Excellent indeed. This covers..everything I was curious about. You almost make me want to join the Beta.

Darn dial-up. >_<

Deissa
May 9, 2005, 11:26 AM
9-1 Wilds Eastern Parth
9-2 Wilds Western Path
9-3 Wilds Southern Path
9-4 Wilds Northern Path & Crater
9-5 Crater & Underground Desert 1
9-6 Underground Desert 2
9-7 Underground Desert 3
9-8 Underground Desert 1&2&3 & Santemillion/Kondoryuu

The Ep4 area names in English are offcially
Crater (Easter/Western/Southern/Northern Route)
Crater Interior
Subterranean Desert 1-3

Para
May 9, 2005, 12:19 PM
thanks for the info... ill update it.

Dhylec
May 9, 2005, 12:23 PM
ok, this looks like a good thread for psobb info
please continue updating it for bb newcomers & those who need this http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Deissa
May 9, 2005, 12:53 PM
Buuta
Ba Buuta
Ze Buuta
Yowey
Dolphon
Zuu
Piro Golan

These are officially

Boota
Ba Boota
Ze Boota
Yowie
Dorphon
Zu
Pyro Goran

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cadamar on 2005-05-09 11:04 ]</font>

Para
May 9, 2005, 01:00 PM
Ew.... Buuta > Boota

btw where are you getting these names from?
did you download the client early and playing right now? cuz i know sega turned on the servers now

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nites on 2005-05-09 11:03 ]</font>

Deissa
May 9, 2005, 01:05 PM
Just a file swap from the Eng. slient to the Jpn. one. Gets all the Ep4 names working in English

Para
May 9, 2005, 01:07 PM
So you can actually take files from the english version and put them into the JPN version so it would appear english? very nice. You should make a guide for it deissa.

Deissa
May 9, 2005, 01:29 PM
'Melissa A' is 'Merissa A'

Skorpius
May 9, 2005, 01:41 PM
Engrish, rofl.

Deissa
May 9, 2005, 02:33 PM
'Giltabril' is 'Girtablulu'
'Santemillion' is 'Saint-Milion'

Deissa
May 9, 2005, 02:36 PM
edit: <double post>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cadamar on 2005-05-09 14:15 ]</font>

TheOneHero
May 9, 2005, 03:40 PM
Nice, I'll add this to my sticky.

Para
May 9, 2005, 03:54 PM
On 2005-05-09 12:36, Cadamar wrote:
'Giltabril' is 'Girtablulu'
'Santemillion' is 'Saint-Milion'

wtf...

I really dislike these english names... the romanized names are a lot better.

Dek
May 9, 2005, 04:25 PM
Good FAQ. A few things to add/ask...

1. Regarding controls, will the character movement be the typical W,A,S,D or do you use the arrow keys? Also, how exactly does the mouse come into play (I know this is a stupid question, but I didn't get the JP version of BB)?

2. One thing you can add to the Server Side question is that it (PSOBB's server-side saving) is very similar to many other MMORPG games such as Diablo II.

3. Does EP4 put you in a different Pioneer 2 (home base) just like with EP1 and EP2?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arthas_Zero on 2005-05-09 14:28 ]</font>

GyroidFanatic
May 9, 2005, 04:50 PM
How do you take screen shots?

Ryna
May 9, 2005, 05:06 PM
On 2005-05-09 14:50, GyroidFanatic wrote:
How do you take screen shots?

Press the Print Screen key.

Layrinn
May 9, 2005, 08:46 PM
The bottom of the screen looks like it has ten additional action buttons. How do I set and use these?

Getintothegame
May 9, 2005, 09:11 PM
Very, VERY nicely done.

This is very helpful, even for experienced BB players like me.

Domon
May 9, 2005, 09:11 PM
I was wondering are the rare drops from section id's in pso bb the same as the ones on game cube?

DarkEliteRico
May 9, 2005, 10:11 PM
Very informative, now all i need to do is get my new comp......the only thing i'm wondering about is the mouse hmmmm

Getintothegame
May 9, 2005, 10:21 PM
What questions do you have about the mouse?

You can control by either setting it to Drag or Hold setting. Drag is clicking and holding the button down to walk, then releasing when done. Holding is clicking once and releasing, then clicking again to release the hold.

zero12410
May 9, 2005, 10:54 PM
dial-up
I'm playing on dial-up and have no trouble

death and exp
I tested this and so far I have not lost any exp after dieing

btw, anyone know if I have to buy a new hl or can I use my GC hl with this?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zero12410 on 2005-05-09 20:56 ]</font>

Para
May 9, 2005, 11:11 PM
oh i forgot to mention that you do not lose exp until lv 10+ as i recall

Veku
May 9, 2005, 11:16 PM
Eh i cant start it when i downloaded it something about a patch being needed.
ive got a 915 error what does that mean??

King_Rappy
May 9, 2005, 11:42 PM
Same problem. When I go to patch it it says there is no patch to download.

Veku
May 10, 2005, 12:04 AM
so what does it all mean do we wait till the 10th or what? can we even get the patch?

Para
May 10, 2005, 12:46 PM
As I've read from some people... they say there is no Episode II in the beta... is that true? If so, this beta follows suit of the CN beta...

Getintothegame
May 10, 2005, 05:16 PM
On 2005-05-10 10:46, Nites wrote:
As I've read from some people... they say there is no Episode II in the beta... is that true? If so, this beta follows suit of the CN beta...

There is Episode 2 to select, but I don't know if it is live yet, meaning I don't know if it'll give you an error if you select it.

GyroidFanatic
May 10, 2005, 05:29 PM
If you try Episode 2, it'll say "This feature is not yet enabled."

DarkEliteRico
May 10, 2005, 05:53 PM
On 2005-05-09 20:21, Getintothegame wrote:
What questions do you have about the mouse?

You can control by either setting it to Drag or Hold setting. Drag is clicking and holding the button down to walk, then releasing when done. Holding is clicking once and releasing, then clicking again to release the hold.

interesting, i've never would've thought to use a mouse hmmmmmm, still waiting on that new computer

GyroidFanatic
May 10, 2005, 06:22 PM
This topic might be useful when it comes to quests:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=82916&forum=1

Para
May 10, 2005, 06:51 PM
Oh that... my old topic haha...

Ive been meaning to get that fixed up some more for the beta... But I haven't gotten the full time to do it

Flwl3ssCowboy
May 14, 2005, 08:37 AM
I just got the US Beta version yesterday, but is Episode 4 available on that or is it just episode 1 that I can play?

Eanae
May 14, 2005, 08:54 AM
On 2005-05-14 06:37, Flwl3ssCowboy wrote:
I just got the US Beta version yesterday, but is Episode 4 available on that or is it just episode 1 that I can play?

Just episode I. Episode 4 will not be in the beta.

Flwl3ssCowboy
May 14, 2005, 08:55 AM
Aw man, those levels looked really cool too, can't wait till the full version comes out then.

Eanae
May 14, 2005, 09:06 AM
On 2005-05-14 06:55, Flwl3ssCowboy wrote:
Aw man, those levels looked really cool too, can't wait till the full version comes out then.

Most likely, episode 4 will not be released for a long time after beta ends. It wasn't until more than 6 months after BB JP beta ended that episode 4 came out for it. You still have quite a long wait most likely.

Ryna
May 20, 2005, 02:21 PM
On 2005-05-08 23:49, Nites wrote:
4-3 Ruins 3
4-4 Ruins 1&2

I think the descriptions for these two missions needs switched.

Sharkyland
May 20, 2005, 02:31 PM
You might want to add, you can buy next lvl set of wpns at especially when everyone is starting back at level 1...

Level 11 (Brand) -I know this for a fact-
Level ??? (Buster)
Level ??? (Pallasch)
Leave 150 (Gladius) -I'm thinking it might the same as GC PSO-

watashiwa
May 20, 2005, 03:08 PM
On 2005-05-14 07:06, Eanae wrote:
Most likely, episode 4 will not be released for a long time after beta ends.

Somebody told me June 23rd... dunno how true that is.

Kory
May 20, 2005, 08:46 PM
Well, Open Beta ends on June 9th. That's about when school ends... such awful timing. Anyhow, I haven't seen any official statements on Episode 4, so until I do I'd assume June 23rd is just a rumor. Since Sega is being so slow just to release Episode 2, I think it'd be unreasonable to expect Episode 4 so early. Heck, newcomers to the game who didn't play in the Beta probably wouldn't even have characters powerful enough for Ep. 4 that soon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kory on 2005-05-20 18:46 ]</font>