PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: Some random, unanswered questions.

Karsh
May 10, 2005, 05:05 PM
First off, does anyone know the font name they used on PSO GCN and basically any other PSO game? I want to change my BB font to it, I need the nostalgia.

And lastly, is there a way to turn on antialiasing or any other smoothing feature? The edges on polygons and such in BB are a bit to sharp for my liking.

Getintothegame
May 10, 2005, 05:12 PM
On 2005-05-10 15:05, Karsh wrote:
First off, does anyone know the font name they used on PSO GCN and basically any other PSO game? I want to change my BB font to it, I need the nostalgia.

And lastly, is there a way to turn on antialiasing or any other smoothing feature? The edges on polygons and such in BB are a bit to sharp for my liking.

For me, Arial seems to most resemble PSO font.

And lastly, in options of the game (you know, the little dialog that displays "Play Game" or "Offical Website") after you click on options, click on Advanced under graphics.

Try a mixture of unchecking/checking the 3 boxes and turning up the quality on all levers.

V0LTAGE
May 11, 2005, 11:25 AM
What difficulties are there in the BETA?

I think it's only Normal...

Rain_1
May 11, 2005, 12:37 PM
For now, only Episode 1 (entirely) is avaliable on normal mode.

That means no challenge, no battle, no Episode 2, no episode 4 (even tho the episode 4 music files are downloaded on the update).

WE do have a couple of quests (Garon's Treachery and Rappy quest) and today's rate.
The official site also tells about a special Beta Quest that will be announced soon (just like the pso:bb jp had one).

That doesn't mean that's what will be avaliable until june. I believe that new content (mainly episode 2) will be made avaliable with time (afterall, this is beta testing, and they can't expect us to beta test a game for one month with only normal episode1 avaliable).

Anyway, i have to ask... pso-world has a regular server/block already?

DarthTyranus
May 11, 2005, 07:30 PM
Having all of Episode 1 on the Beta is pretty impressive if you ask me, but I would prefer a bit of Episode 2 as well, since I never played it.

adamgnome104
May 11, 2005, 08:43 PM
In theory, someone could take the font from PSO Gamecube, and turn it into a font for computer. Then you can download it and use it on PSO BB.

X.x

Karsh
May 12, 2005, 09:12 AM
On 2005-05-10 15:12, Getintothegame wrote:

For me, Arial seems to most resemble PSO font.

Mleh, not really. I'm hoping it's an easy to find font, and not something Sonic Team made themselves.

On 2005-05-10 15:12, Getintothegame wrote:
Try a mixture of unchecking/checking the 3 boxes and turning up the quality on all levers.

I already have everything maxed, I was just hoping there was some way to anti-alias PSOBB, or heck, even put scanlines. I just want some way to smooth the graphics.

satoshi1
May 15, 2005, 03:35 PM
It seems that antialiasing is enabled when I'm in windowed mode, but not fullscreen. It's really weird. Personally, I'd like to turn it off =P but I can get used to it.

Alielle
May 15, 2005, 03:50 PM
Verdana is an attractive font for PSOBB. I recommend it.

watashiwa
May 15, 2005, 04:11 PM
Tahoma all the way.

Actually, I just tried Verdana, it's not bad either. Tough decision.

On 2005-05-10 15:05, Karsh wrote:

Should be in the Windows' control panel. Go to Display , Settings, then click Advanced.

If you have an ATI card, there will be a Direct3D tab. Click it.

Uncheck "Application Preference" next to "Anti-aliasing" and move the slider to the anti-aliasing setting of your choice. I'm using 4X, but you can go up to 6X.

You may want to turn on "Anisotropic Filtering" as well, so uncheck "Application Preference" for that too and move it around 8X.

Tada, you're all smooth and sexy now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2005-05-15 14:23 ]</font>

Karsh
May 17, 2005, 07:53 AM
Yay, smooth and sexy indeed. I like Verdana over Tahoma, though, and even with those I might stick to Arial. I'm getting used to it, even though some menus look pretty bleh with it.

Rydius
May 19, 2005, 05:50 PM
On 2005-05-11 10:37, Rain_1 wrote:

Odd... I'm playing BB via the European version and I saw some people playing Episode 2 on normal mode and we're on Beta as well.

I think you have to do the government quests to unlock it this time around, but I'm not 100% sure.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rydius on 2005-05-19 15:58 ]</font>

Tycho
May 20, 2005, 09:24 AM
On 2005-05-19 15:50, Rydius wrote:

On 2005-05-11 10:37, Rain_1 wrote:

Odd... I'm playing BB via the European version and I saw some people playing Episode 2 on normal mode and we're on Beta as well.

I think you have to do the government quests to unlock it this time around, but I'm not 100% sure.

That's weird. I'll try to make an EP2 game later.