PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone else not log into bb?

googles
May 11, 2005, 03:18 PM
My game was working fine earlier, now after the patch screen it doesnt load up the chracter select screen. Anyone else having the same problem?

adamgnome104
May 11, 2005, 03:26 PM
If you go to the PSOBB site, and look at the tech support forum, there's a sticky there that says they know about and are working about it.

More quicker than GC PSO and hacking though, so they're probably trying as fast as they can. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

It's like that for everyone .

Ryna
May 11, 2005, 03:28 PM
On 2005-05-11 13:26, adamgnome104 wrote:
If you go to the PSOBB site, and look at the tech support forum, there's a sticky there that says they know about and are working about it.

Assuming you can even get to the forums....

When I try to visit, here is the message I get:

phpBB : Critical Error

Error creating new session

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1016 Can't open file: 'sessions.MYI' (errno: 145)

INSERT INTO sessions (session_id, session_user_id, session_start, session_time, session_ip, session_page, session_logged_in) VALUES ('95fc3c04e9d4c138095f8bb95f6b4ca4', -1, 1115843304, 1115843304, '43154384', 0, 0)

Line : 158
File : sessions.php

watashiwa
May 11, 2005, 03:29 PM
Apparently the servers have been overflowing. They're at their capacity for users logging on.

Also there have been talks about a nasty level bug.

I believe all of this is being addressed now, but some state you can get in if you keep purposely crashing out of the client with ALT+TAB or forced closing of the window, then trying to reconnect.

adamgnome104
May 11, 2005, 03:48 PM
Weren't there like, 100,000 users for one of the other Beta PSO BBs? (Chinese or Japanese, I'm not sure.) I mean, I wish they were more prepared. >_<

The level bug is nasty. Makes you go DOWN levels, and some people exploited it to they can level up really quick.

X.x

watashiwa
May 11, 2005, 03:52 PM
They probably didn't expect this many people from the US or Europe to be as interested in BB as Japan or China was.

However, when you advertise this and post it on places like FilePlanet, it's definitely going to be hit up.

Not to mention you get lots of people who just want a new free game to play and that's exactly what they see the beta as. A "new free game to play".

They kind of forget what the word beta means, get pissed off, post rants, and all sorts of other bullshit when they can't log on or some sort of unexpected thing happens.

The point of a beta is to test out the game. You report any bugs you find and leave it at that.

You should never really expect anything to behave as it should in a beta.

If you want reliable service and are just looking to have fun, you may want to wait until the final version of the game.

Rain_1
May 11, 2005, 04:05 PM
Ok, so here's the deal (i wrote this before, but on a different thread.. oh well...)

People have been exploiting a bug. If you create a certain team with a certain name, your user level would shot right up (i've been hearing reports from 150 to 190). Anyway, the game masters were told of this problem and the server was brought down to solve it.

Apparently, they're also going through user accounts to find out who leveled up by cheating and rolling those back. That is not confirmed, but somebody else said it on the official boards.

Another thing i picked up yesterday. Yesterday the server were also down, and so were the message board database (that's what that error message tells you. That the database is down).
Funnily enough, when the Messagte Board database came back up, so did the server. Thus, this makes me believe that both the server and message board database are stored on the same server and that when the database goes down, means the machine is being restarted.

Anyway, that's the official scoop so far.

Drithe
May 11, 2005, 04:05 PM
Watasha I have played in tons of betas. WoWs, EQs, DAOCs, blah blah blah. Of all the betas I have seen this is BY FAR the most pathetic excuse of one. There is no excuse for this bad BETA by Sega.

The fact that only 500 peeps seems to bog down one lousy server means sega wasnt expecting anything too big anyways. Bad sega. BAD SEGA! Seems to me that the american version of this game is really just an afterthought. I love WoW and Dark Age of Camelot. Maybe Im use to being pampered a little by our american game companies. Oh well.

agenevil
May 11, 2005, 04:12 PM
That's interesting. something tells me we might not get to keep our characters once subscription starts, unless, of course, they have started giving a rat's ass about the american players. Have they?

watashiwa
May 11, 2005, 04:15 PM
On 2005-05-11 14:05, Rain_1 wrote:
People have been exploiting a bug. If you create a certain team with a certain name, your user level would shot right up (i've been hearing reports from 150 to 190). Anyway, the game masters were told of this problem and the server was brought down to solve it.

Apparently, they're also going through user accounts to find out who leveled up by cheating and rolling those back. That is not confirmed, but somebody else said it on the official boards.

Now if that isn't some of the most bizarre shit I've heard in awhile, I'm not sure what is.

Wonder how that type of thing managed to make it into the beta, if it's true....

Rain_1
May 11, 2005, 04:17 PM
Oh yeah... On the official forum, there was also a sticked message that said that, on june 10th the players database would indeed be wiped.

But they also say on the official site that a special beta quest will be set up eventually. If i remember correctly, something similar was done on the PSO:BB JP. I don't really remember if the database was wiped when the transition between beta and final was made, but i don't think it was.

Well... I guess we'll have to wait and see...

edit:

Now if that isn't some of the most bizarre shit I've heard in awhile, I'm not sure what is.

I'm not REALLY sure how to exploit that bug... all i know is that it has something to do with the team and it's name - the message that said things about the exploit was edited by moderators on the official site.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rain_1 on 2005-05-11 14:20 ]</font>

Dillon133
May 11, 2005, 04:30 PM
I have not even been on since beta started. I downloaded the torrent off the forums but it was not working so i got the one from the official site. I am really itching to play too, their official forum needs to come back up because it has been down for awhile for me...bleh

GUN
May 11, 2005, 04:43 PM
Has anyone actually managed to get onto a ship in the last few hours? I've not been able 2 myself and have heard loads of peeps who can't either, but would be interesting to hear from anyone who has http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

adamgnome104
May 11, 2005, 04:45 PM
I agree, people bitch because they don't realize what a Beta is for.

It's stupid though, if Sonic Team didn't prepare for a god damn online beta, which means the entire internet can sign up. :/

Server wipe makes me want to cry. ;-;

And people who exploited the bug should rot in fucking hell. >____> You're supposed to tell Sonic Team so they can fix it. It's not going to matter anyways. :/ I'd say this is why they are server wiping.

I hate you glitch exploiters. -_-

Although, if the team name is something else, your levels can go down. XP

Rain_1
May 11, 2005, 04:51 PM
I'm amazed at how people don't really read it. 2 people already asked if anybody can join the server AFTER my 2 messages of explaining... i wonder if they're stupid or just asses who don't want to read before constant bitching...

anyway, the server wipe after beta period is not something i like nor see the need for...

But it's not THAT a big deal (at least not for me anyway).

The fact that they jumped on this bug the moment it showed up (i mean, the beta only officially started yesterday and they already brought the entire thing down to fix a bug)... show that, at least, they care about it now...

Edit: The server wipe is supposed to happen AFTER the beta period - not right now.. I HEARD that right now they're checking people who got crazy-ass levels (like 150 and 190) and rolling THEM back, not the entire server - and it wasn't an official message, it was just some dude saying on the message board. But it makes sense, you can't get to level 150-190 in 2 days of beta.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rain_1 on 2005-05-11 14:54 ]</font>

Skorpius
May 11, 2005, 05:03 PM
I see the point in having a server wipe.

These are Beta servers, not the game servers. Logically, it would be as if you were switching servers. If not, it's also to keep the game from being unbalanced. Why would you want people who played the Beta to have higher levels? It's selfish. Having an even playing field is the best choice of action.

And why the Hell would you exploit a glitch to gain levels in the BETA? You are basically finished with the Beta gameplay after normal mode, and there is no battle mode. These people must be mentally fucked up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-05-11 15:06 ]</font>

G4_Hedgehog
May 11, 2005, 05:07 PM
I only hope that if they do wipe the servers, they restart the free trial for beta-testers.

agenevil
May 11, 2005, 05:07 PM
I thought BETA at least let you try out the new BB and EP4 stages. Guess I was wrong...?

Rain_1
May 11, 2005, 05:13 PM
Everybody who signs up after the beta will have a 2 week trial without charge... it says so on the official site.

About the other episodes, they're not avaliable right now. But I believe that extra content (at least episode 2 would be the logic assumption) will be made avaliable - possibly mid-beta.

But as i said, that's just guessing.

burnningthings3
May 11, 2005, 05:28 PM
I was looking in the data files and they have the music for the ending of episode 4. So they might let us try episode 4.

Kazzi
May 11, 2005, 05:29 PM
Episode 2 is supposed to be comming out after they fix the nasty 903 error that keeps comming up (it's a magical error =D) I know exactly how you feel about n00bs not reading posts and asking exactly the same question so dont let it get to you.

But personally.. i think sega should make announcements when they take the servers down for mainternance because 903 is the most common error and it's also the server mainternance notice so i can see why people are getting confused and stressed.

Oh yesh i heard about the team name thing. I dont think hard+ are even implimented in the beta though ^.^ So they'd be bored.
Also everyone over lvl 20 on May 10th got rolled back aswell...

saint_beast
May 11, 2005, 05:41 PM
I wonder why in the blue hell would someone be so fucking dumb to expliot a glitch in the beta. Fucking n00bs these days man. Just sickening right now. I'm sure y'all agree withme on this. Now watashiwa. I agree with you that this is one of the most bizarre shit thats ever happened but some have seen more bizarre things though. Forget rolling the cheaters' levels back, just ban the bastards permanently. Thats what I'd do if I was one of the Sega staff.

G4_Hedgehog
May 11, 2005, 05:58 PM
Maybe they did it as a favor to Sega, because now the House of Sonic has to fix the issues. That's what betas are for.

Neith
May 11, 2005, 06:00 PM
Well, lets be thankful this is happening now, in the beta, may solve it in the full game! Look on the bright side. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

G4_Hedgehog
May 11, 2005, 06:03 PM
On 2005-05-11 16:00, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Well, lets be thankful this is happening now, in the beta, may solve it in the full game! Look on the bright side. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

[withdrawl symptoms kick in]

*twitch*

GyroidFanatic
May 11, 2005, 06:04 PM
On 2005-05-11 15:58, G4_Hedgehog wrote:
Maybe they did it as a favor to Sega, because now the House of Sonic has to fix the issues. That's what betas are for.

I heard that there were no places to report bugs at, so this might actually make some sense. If they really wanted to piss people off, they might have done it later.

Dillon133
May 11, 2005, 06:05 PM
This is a pretty evil punishment for me, I still have not connected and I have all day today for my day off and now most of the day is gone....::sniff:: gone...But I know ST is bustin their asses so I will wait until I go insane :'c

agenevil
May 11, 2005, 06:21 PM
On 2005-05-11 15:29, Kazzi wrote:
Episode 2 is supposed to be comming out after they fix the nasty 903 error that keeps comming up (it's a magical error =D) I know exactly how you feel about n00bs not reading posts and asking exactly the same question so dont let it get to you.

But personally.. i think sega should make announcements when they take the servers down for mainternance because 903 is the most common error and it's also the server mainternance notice so i can see why people are getting confused and stressed.

Oh yesh i heard about the team name thing. I dont think hard+ are even implimented in the beta though ^.^ So they'd be bored.

Why rolled back? O_o

Guntz348
May 11, 2005, 06:25 PM
On 2005-05-11 16:21, agenevil wrote:

On 2005-05-11 15:29, Kazzi wrote:

Why rolled back? O_o

They most likely exploited the glitch that let you level super fast.

agenevil
May 11, 2005, 06:43 PM
I know people who got to 25 and up legitimately, hell, I couldv'e too if I had stayed up all night like they did. I am at 17.

Mag_Launcher
May 11, 2005, 07:50 PM
What really sucks is that I only had enough time this morning to setup my character and have a short chat in a lobby. and from 3 PM on, I haven't been able to play, because the server was "full". Coming from previous versions of PSO, this concept of AN ENTIRE SERVER being full and inaccessible was completely foreign to me. Then THIS had to happen, to fix this stupid level exploit. But even as a rather non-legit person in my years of playing, I agree, bumping your levels like that is just lazy and boring. Not to mention levels going DOWN would piss many people off to no end.

But I really wish there could've been a better day for all this to happen, I wanted to play today, :/

Edit: And that was a rather uncalled for subtle comment. I'm WAY more reasonable than any of those other heathens, yet I still catch flak from all the extremists. Figures, doesn't it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mag_Launcher on 2005-05-11 18:45 ]</font>

adamgnome104
May 11, 2005, 08:14 PM
Yeah, on second thought, I'd rather the glitch be fixed than see unlegit people on PSO BB. :/

Blitzen
May 11, 2005, 08:45 PM
We all know wata smells; this is the reason for maitenence.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blitzen on 2005-05-11 18:45 ]</font>

EJ
May 11, 2005, 08:58 PM
There actually a server gltich that makes your character lvl very quickly.

This has happen to a few people when I asked how they lvl so quickly and they all said they killed a Mothmant. But the glitch has been reported to ST so hopefully it got fix.

agenevil
May 11, 2005, 09:05 PM
At least now they have changed it to error 906: This server is under maintainence.

GUN
May 12, 2005, 06:55 AM
Well I geuss you prob have heard, but if not the servers are back up and running according to the official Blue Burst site.

A big Yee ha http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Dek
May 12, 2005, 07:24 AM
Yay...

Now I gotta wait 8 hours to play though because of school http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Superguppie
May 12, 2005, 09:18 AM
On 2005-05-12 04:55, GUN wrote:
Well I geuss you prob have heard, but if not the servers are back up and running according to the official Blue Burst site.

Uhhhh, I've been to what I believe is the official website. Haven't found the server status anywhere. Could I get a link of that please?

GUN
May 12, 2005, 09:29 AM
Well, I saw it at http://www.psobb.com - when there go to the BOARDS, it's referred to several times there.

Mixfortune
May 12, 2005, 09:30 AM
On 2005-05-12 07:18, Superguppie wrote:

On 2005-05-12 04:55, GUN wrote:

Uhhhh, I've been to what I believe is the official website. Haven't found the server status anywhere. Could I get a link of that please?

They probably mention it in some sticky, as well as a ton of threads created by users stating they can now log in.

As for a more direct means of checking server status, someone has set up such a thing here: http://rilphiasaga.com/pso.php

And no, the cutoff for the rollback was NOT 20, at least not as of the servers coming back last night. My 24 was perfectly fine. Those who used the glitch, either on purpose or accidentally, would have more telltale signs than being above 20 :/ Only those characters were changed, and were editted to become level 1. Sucks for those who fell upon it accidentally and lost their actual level before falling upon the glitch, but eh, for the sake of the beta, right?

Superguppie
May 12, 2005, 10:13 AM
Ah. I thought it would be a special thingy somewhere. I guess I'm just spoilt by the FFXI server status indicators.

Ok. I'll keep an eye on that board then. Thank you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2005-05-12 08:14 ]</font>

DeathCheese87
May 12, 2005, 03:45 PM
Okay, so I can't get the patch or anything regarding PSOBB, but my brother, who is on the exact same network got the patch and is playing right now.

I honestly don't understand. It doesn't seem to be a router problem, because we're both plugged into it.

I don't think my brother even changed any parts or settings on his computer to play, either.

Anything?

watashiwa
May 12, 2005, 03:53 PM
You using an onboard Ethernet card on the machine that can't connect? =)

DeathCheese87
May 12, 2005, 03:58 PM
Yeah, that seems to be the case. My brother's PC is using an onboard one as well, so, I take it some onboard ethernet cards work while others don't?

Also: What ethernet cards DO work, in that case?

watashiwa
May 12, 2005, 03:59 PM
Use the fix I posted in the support thread.

Go to the properties of your onboard Ethernet card, go to Advanced, look for something called "Checksum Offload" and flip it from Enable to Disable.

DeathCheese87
May 12, 2005, 07:45 PM
Thanks a whole lot, Wata.

Now you can give me some decent weapons sometime, huh?

MPLe
May 12, 2005, 07:58 PM
On 2005-05-11 14:05, Drithe wrote:
Watasha I have played in tons of betas. WoWs, EQs, DAOCs, blah blah blah. Of all the betas I have seen this is BY FAR the most pathetic excuse of one. There is no excuse for this bad BETA by Sega.

The fact that only 500 peeps seems to bog down one lousy server means sega wasnt expecting anything too big anyways. Bad sega. BAD SEGA! Seems to me that the american version of this game is really just an afterthought. I love WoW and Dark Age of Camelot. Maybe Im use to being pampered a little by our american game companies. Oh well.
It seems to me like you don't know what Beta is. Regardless of if this is the worst beta ever, doesn't matter, as BETA status means that it'll still have bugs (not counting the few that slip through to the final version).