PDA

View Full Version : Lobby Ball?

sisterpink
Jul 30, 2002, 02:56 PM
In all the time I've played PSO, I've never once seen anybody actually playing Lobby Ball. I've kicked it around while waiting for folks, and I've seen people in the Japanese rooms who hide in the goals or change their markers while waiting, but I'm talking about actually dividing into teams and playing it. Has anyone done it? Is it fun? Does it stink? I'd be up for trying it sometime, but I don't know if anyone actually has before. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

rbf2000
Jul 30, 2002, 02:57 PM
There's too much lag to play.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jul 30, 2002, 03:03 PM
Nope, meow, we might as well have a maypole in the lobbies.

Ziggy-san
Jul 30, 2002, 03:44 PM
Aaa...maybe we can organize all the 1337 Broadband users together in one room and actually have a real game when GCN PSO comes out!! ^^;;;

WEBSTER
Jul 30, 2002, 05:40 PM
lobby ball was fun when there are alot of people to play.... the most i played with was like 5 on 5 i think, it was alot of people. but what would always kill it was the ball freezing then suddenly doing a light speed dash up field, it was fun when there was no lag, i am not gonna miss the lag.

Shadow_Blade
Jul 30, 2002, 06:22 PM
Lobby ball was a good idea, but they didnt put enough effort into it. It's just cool to have something to do when your in the lobby.

rena-ko
Jul 31, 2002, 05:02 AM
i use that lobbies mostly to hang out, sometimes we start an 1on1 game just for fun (with 1 spectator lol).
fun is, you cant see people wo are at the other side of the field, its quite a surprise when they start to talk

HEP2O
Jul 31, 2002, 09:26 AM
lobby ball a good idea

its great 1on1

but i think a lobby where u could kill each

other would be more fun

Defend
Jul 31, 2002, 05:47 PM
Did it once with the full lobby.. a whopping 12 people.

Looked pretty cool to watch everyone scampering around, was quite funny.. and lasted about 2 minutes. It was like watching a flock of sheep all just change direction suddenly for no apparent reason.. what the hell was going on...

Celestial
Jul 31, 2002, 06:35 PM
back when V2 first came out in the States i used to play it all the time. but then i mainly used it to kick around the Chu CHu ball

Moo2u
Jul 31, 2002, 08:25 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif Yes, the Chu Chu ball was the most fun about it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I played a couple of games (a couple as in 2.) Lag isn't that great. I just think they should have more things in the lobby for people to interact with. Like um...mopeds! People can zoom around on mopeds in the lobby! Haven't small races, waiting for people...or...brackdancing! Getting down with your grove thing (old school!) would be a nice waist of time while waiting. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Moo2u on 2002-07-31 18:27 ]</font>

Gazebo
Aug 1, 2002, 02:36 AM
I played a few times and i enjoyed it...What i don't understand is why everyone complains about lag...I never noticed any lag when I played pso.........maybe itz just because I've always had a 56k modem....

Cabel
Aug 1, 2002, 08:14 AM
Even without lag, though, you're still prevented from having a decent game by the fact that once the ball's been kicked it can't be kicked again until its stopped. I mean, imagine a PSO penalty shootout...

yashichi
Aug 1, 2002, 12:27 PM
I'd love to try it, along with all the other V2 features! Yes, I finally ordered a copy of V2. I think I'm most looking forward to trying out Challenge Mode (or more likely wrecking seasoned players C-modes!)

And, sisterpink, my friends and I actually play rock, paper, scisors/Jan-Ken in the lobbies! There are many ways to enjoy PSO.

-Y

Ziggy-san
Aug 1, 2002, 11:50 PM
I like Celestial's new sig...

DESTRUCKTOR
Aug 2, 2002, 11:55 AM
Lobby ball rulez u! j/k
Well anyway its very fun lag or not I love playing it (Especially with the big chu-chu)